GCN/Revolution E3 Game Announcement Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Alpha2']I wouldnt call the number of posts an indicator of how well the Revo is doing. Even if the PS3 stuff was rendered they atleast tried to show us something new, Nintendo's shown use nothing but the backwards compatable black box full of games we've already played 15 to 20 years ago.[/QUOTE]

So you would rather have Sony and Microsoft show renders (which mean absolutely nothing) than the approach that Nintendo took which is showing what they currently have (i.e. nothing) and sharing some of the important features of their new system which comes out more than year from now?

Personally, I like Nintendo's approach but it seems to be lost on a lot of the people in this thread. Because Nintendo released so little information about the Revo, eveyone is claiming that its only focus is retro games. That is a feature, not the focus. Microsoft focused heavily on Xbox Live and the Xbox Live Marketplace, so do you think that is the their focus?

[quote name='lebowsky']So you would rather have Sony and Microsoft show renders (which mean absolutely nothing) than the approach that Nintendo took which is showing what they currently have (i.e. nothing) and sharing some of the important features of their new system which comes out more than year from now?

Personally, I like Nintendo's approach but it seems to be lost on a lot of the people in this thread. Because Nintendo released so little information about the Revo, eveyone is claiming that its only focus is retro games. That is a feature, not the focus. Microsoft focused heavily on Xbox Live and the Xbox Live Marketplace, so do you think that is the their focus?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft showed 360 games of which many are playable on the show floor. The Nintendo presentation told us nothing whatsoever that couldn't have been written by any one of us on short notice. 'There will be new iterations of Nintendo franchises and they'll support wireless.' We have the web for such soundbites. The big pre-show event at E3 is for SHOWING stuff. All we got was some vague assurances and "Oh look! Puppies!. Cute!"

[quote name='Alpha2']I wouldnt call the number of posts an indicator of how well the Revo is doing. Even if the PS3 stuff was rendered they atleast tried to show us something new, Nintendo's shown use nothing but the backwards compatable black box full of games we've already played 15 to 20 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Buzz my friend... buzz. WTF is Nintendo doing is better than I don't care what Nintendo is doing.

[quote name='epobirs']Microsoft showed 360 games of which many are playable on the show floor. The Nintendo presentation told us nothing whatsoever that couldn't have been written by any one of us on short notice. 'There will be new iterations of Nintendo franchises and they'll support wireless.' We have the web for such soundbites. The big pre-show event at E3 is for SHOWING stuff. All we got was some vague assurances and "Oh look! Puppies!. Cute!"[/QUOTE]

That's funny since those cute puppies are blowing DS's off the shelves in Japan. It's no small wonder that Nintendo would like the same thing to happen in America.

The fact is Nintendo didn't show enough for you. But what they did show was more meaningful to me than pre-rendered CGI sequences that will never be fulfilled with the in-game engine that the others paraded around.

And the 360 games that were shown are being panned b/c of framerate problems, jaggies, and a sense of "this gen, not next-gen." Microsoft quickly counters with the 1/3 performance argument. So "showing stuff" can have consequences as well.

5844052316327252.JPG

[quote name='javeryh']Is he at the airport?[/QUOTE]
what airport do you go to with chairs like that, damn those look comfy

[quote name='Ozzkev55']what airport do you go to with chairs like that, damn those look comfy[/QUOTE]

I don't know... you don't see chairs like that so close together...

[quote name='lebowsky']That's funny since those cute puppies are blowing DS's off the shelves in Japan. It's no small wonder that Nintendo would like the same thing to happen in America.

The fact is Nintendo didn't show enough for you. But what they did show was more meaningful to me than pre-rendered CGI sequences that will never be fulfilled with the in-game engine that the others paraded around.

And the 360 games that were shown are being panned b/c of framerate problems, jaggies, and a sense of "this gen, not next-gen." Microsoft quickly counters with the 1/3 performance argument. So "showing stuff" can have consequences as well.[/QUOTE]

Enough for me? So far as Revolution goes they showed NOTHING. Nada, zip, zilch. It was completely meaningless.

Alpha demos with performance issues are standard fare at E3. That doesn't faze me in the least. Playable demos at least indicate a real product in the works with a believable delivery schedule. Anyone looking at Ghost Recon 3 and thinking it doesn't require a major hardware upgrade needs to have their head examined for any stray particles of neural tissue preventing their skull from being a pristine vacuum.

It would have been far more honest to just admit that they're breaking their claim to not be last out the gate this time and say next year will be the E3 for their new console, meanwhile here is why we still own all but the most expensive part of the handheld sector.

[quote name='iheartmetal']thats a pretty nice airport[/QUOTE]
Damn...the japanese and their cool technology...

Are you sure thats photoshopped...any points in particular that point to that

My god. You have been spouting the same bullshit over and over. We get it. You think that Killzone 2 is really pretty, and it is. However, it isn't real and the PS3 is probably going to be a disappointment for you since it probably won't live up to the hype.

Nintendo is just doing what Sony has been doing for years, i.e. showing a pretty, sleek, black box and promising the world. Will it deliver? Probably not, but you can't fault Nintendo for copying a successful strategy.

First off Tromack, ...Edited. Just because you flew off the handle dosent men I have to also... You obviously saw two similar posts in a row from me that you dissagreed with and figured I was on som cruesade so I'll cut you some slack.

I didn't mention killzone I was refering to many of the videos in general that there are a lot of possible real time footage, if not played then and there at E3 then played somewhere else and recorded for E3. And if you want to talk about KZ then fine, I even acknowledged in the KZ2 thread in the Sony section that it could very well be enhanced, if you;d like to crucify me for being hopeful go right ahead but that;s the same thing people are doing here in this thread. The post made claiming everything they showed was rendered was NOT completly conclusive It cast doubt on a lot of sony's stuff but I'm just being hopeful someof it wasn't rendered.

All I ever said was I was more impressed that they atleast showed something exciting rather than nothing new. Nintendo showing a new system is great but I'm just stating what I find unsatifying about the situation.

[quote name='Alpha2']First off Tromack, What do you care what I think, especially since I wasn't talking to you at the time So STFU or put me on ignore so you dont have to read what I say, Second I didn't even mention Killzone in that post so you're obviously just trying to pick a fight about some you don't agree with which I've only spoken about in maybe 2 posts in separate threads when it was brought up.

All I ever said was I was mor impressed that they atleast showed something interesting rather than nothing new, if you have a problem with that, Tough.[/QUOTE]

Edited... what we need is to be rid of all this Sixth Crusade-ing and get on with some real action.

I edited my post, if you'd like to edit your's Wildwop. I realized I made a mistake in tha last post responding to tromack. I'm not a fanboy I have a Gamecube and I'm very happy with it.

I'm trying to be optimistic, I'm just not very excited by what I've seen from nintendo yet.

[quote name='epobirs']These by and large are already as compressed as they're going to get. The severe memory restrictions of ROM chips have always meants that every available technique was applied to making the data storage more efficient. This is how we got RPGs with the same monster shown five times with different colors to designate its level of power. RE2 on the N64 used an early version of MPEG-4 to squeeze in FMV sequences that occupied many times more CD space as M-JPEG on the PS1.

If you've ever wondered at some of the awkward translations of RPG text, not all of it was due to poor language skills. A lot of it was due to technical limitations. All of the text in the Japanese version would have a number assigned to each unique pictograph and stored in a sort of dictionary. Having a full Japanese vocabulary runs into thousands of different characters. Keeping that to the lowest possible power of 2 helps save memory usage. Say the text of the game uses about 900 different words. This along with any punctuation and other special characters fits within 1024, so you only need 10 bits for every word in the game's dictionary. A line of text consists of a series of 10-bit numbers.

Now comes the English translation. We save a little memory immediately because we need far fewer characters, as few as 64 in some old games that didn't even offer lower case. Thats only 6 bits per character. OTOH, the words are made up of multiple characters, meaning that recovered memory is taken away again. We know we're going to see a lot of the same wrods used over and over so the dictionary approach lets us economize English, too. Rather than spell out each word in the game code we assing each word a number and use a string of number and a lookup system for making that into text onscreen.

If our English language version needs to be the same size cart as the Japanese original, we may find that we have to simplify the text to keep it from being to wordy in translation. This is one of the reason so many RPGs were never translated. IT could be a real pain in the ass job.

If we wanted to offer older CD-ROM games for download, there is a lot that could be done. This requires access to the original source and raw data files but it isn't especially hard. As I mentioned above, the codecs used on early CD games were horribly inefficient by today's standards and produced badly compromised image quality. If the original work was done with good standards and well documented it wouldn't be a major hack to substitute the native hardware accellerated codec of the host platform and use the full quality precompressed versions of the FMV to produce new files. Likewise, most audio was done in umcompressed Red Book. There are some PS1 games where the Red Book audio comprises half to two-thirds of the disc space used. A modern audio codec at full quality can reduce that by at least a factor of five.

So imagine a big game like FFVII. Takes up three CDs but about 80% of that is FMV and streaming music files. (The game code and gameplay data are replicated across all three discs so players can boot from the next discs after finishing the one before and not need to reference that disc again.) Convert the FMVs at full quality to MPEG-4 and likewise compress the audio tracks. The result is a game with better FMV that takes up less than a single CD equivalent of space. Downloadable in just three or four hours. Most PS1 games are much smaller to begin with and could shrink even further. Quite a lot of them are smalle enough to not be worth the trouble of altering.[/QUOTE]

I've definitely learned my new thing for the day. Surprising it didn't come while at work...

danke epobirs, danke

[quote name='pumbaa']ALSO... if we are basing success on CAG's participation in respective threads... the Revolution is winning by far.[/QUOTE]

Naw, brutha. It's just a lot more fun watching the same people who bashed MS and Sony for a poor presentation turn around, get jack shit from Nintendo, then gush "OMFG I'M PRE-ORDERING SO I CAN GET IT ON LAUNCH DAY!!1!"

[quote name='PsyClerk']Naw, brutha. It's just a lot more fun watching the same people who bashed MS and Sony for a poor presentation turn around, get jack shit from Nintendo, then gush "OMFG I'M PRE-ORDERING SO I CAN GET IT ON LAUNCH DAY!!1!"[/QUOTE]

All this E3 has done for me so far is:

1) Nintendo hired an actual designer for their console!
2) Microsoft is smoking something if they think i want a faceplate that makes my 360 look like it's got faux-wood-paneling. Oh wait...
3) Sony's console looks like someone tried to make a burrito out of a sheet of dense plastic

[quote name='WildWop']All this E3 has done for me so far is:

1) Nintendo hired an actual designer for their console!
2) Microsoft is smoking something if they think i want a faceplate that makes my 360 look like it's got faux-wood-paneling. Oh wait...
3) Sony's console looks like someone tried to make a burrito out of a sheet of dense plastic[/QUOTE]

I, too, have rained on many a parade. Since the different consoles have such staggered release dates, I expect we won't hear about the really good stuff until it's time for the next launch. When 360 launches, expect to find out some more info on PS3 and/or Revolution.

[quote name='Alpha2']The only thing I can think of is if the games are streamed downloads. 300k to play Super Mario 3 is nothing. 64mb to play RE is a hell of a lot more painfull but only if you're on dialup but frankly I see people tossing in the bargin bin copy they got for their PS for 5 bucks first... which when it comes down to it is the main issue I have with this service.

Assuming it's a free service to D/L NES and SNES games thats no big deal, Yahoo.games are roughly the same size 200k to 4mb and people play that stuff all the time... granted they get spamed to the teeth with banner adds but lets assume Nintendo would rather not hack up your screen to show them and plays you a quick commercial for the next Superman movie or something while your game loads like Gamespot likes to do. This is nice for the few hits you get on those old games.... later on though for things like N64 games and the 'Cube there's a better chance people will skip the cube games since they;re big big games and you can already play them if you just go out and buy them (which I'm sure nintendo would prefer) and N64 games are usually better on PS or if they arnt on PS it's easy to run out to TRU and buy them for 5 bucks usually. A nice little offering but it's still very little. A side of fries rather than the Big Mac itself.

Over all it just feels very risky, I can see them using the Ad+Download method but is it really profitable? will enough people care about these old games for it to matter or will they just move on to the new stuff? I dont know many casual gamers that would sit around for very long just to play duck hunt when they could be playing TimeCrisis which actually has a couple of duckhunt style games in it.[/QUOTE]

I don't see GameCube titles as part of the download service. Unless retailers stop stocking the software in a big way there will be plenty of it, especially the Player's Choice line covering most of the reasons to own a Gamecube-compatible machine, still available for purchase. The primary point of the virtual library is to generate revenue from the old IP in the most effective way when the retail channel is no longer viable to Nintendo's liking. Eliminating the need to produce carts and cutting out the retailers lets Nintendo make some serious profits at very low prices. This is really the only way to move most of the really old stuff. The NES Classics line didn't do as well as hoped in the US, resulting in only about half the titles released in Japan coming out here. But there is a market there if the price is right and the distribution methods allows a profit at that price.

Usually better on the PS? You obviously haven't played the N64 version of RE2. It was by far the best version in that generation. It was really a remarkable piece of work that went unappreciated.

Other than giving up FMV in some games I can think of many example where the superior hardware features of the N64 were shown in multiplatform games. It's something of a moot point though since the majority of games likely to be offered are first and second party titles. A lot of the third party stuff depends on unknown variables but Nintendo knows where they stand with their own IP and those titles contracted from outside developers like Rare. The participation of third parties could vary depending on what sort of percentage they're offered and whether they have other plans for their IP that obligates them elsewhere.

As for availability of those N64 games, nearly all retailers except those selling used games has long since cleared their stock of those carts. My local TRU has a few Perfect Darks left and maybe a Quarterback Club but thats it. Sure, there is a ton of used games at the local Gamestop but the sale of those offers no benefit for Nintendo. If there isn't any money in the download service it's worthless, even as PR since gamers spending time playing old games aren't buying new ones.

No matter how cheap the used games there is something to be said for having them delivered within a few minutes, especially if done on a whim rather than making a shopping trip. It's like ordering a pizza. The purchase is more likely when it's just a phone call away rather than having to leave the house.

For the future, I think Nintendo hopes to see a situation similar to the PS1/PS2 relationship. New GC games continue to appear at bargain prices while Revolution games fill the higher price points. Whether this will work with the already meager level of third party support is another question.

When you expect so much out of something , the final results will never be good enough, i was expecting way more for 6 years in the making , i am so disappointed by all 3 systems, specially with all of them using the same remote control designs, theres nothing better than change, i think we didn't need new consoles yet , there will be a hard time distingishing the revolution from satellite receivers all around the world, i hope there is more inside that meets the eye, as of right now there is not much that we know about them and there might still be a change of heart for which im praying for, On the other hand There is nothing closer than the revolution and the NES design (picture below), maybe this new generation is named revolution , to remind us all of the revolution made by the NES and that the revolution of Nintendo is back as of this new generation , that nintendo will take over the industry once again !

img_2795079.html

OR http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/615/615030/img_2795079.html

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=ad14b5d9-0774-4571-bea5-d383322705b4

Due in 2006, the new console will be backward compatible with Nintendo GameCube. The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Players also can buy and add new levels and characters to games made specifically for the new console. The new console has 512 megabytes of on-board flash memory. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

I have seen some ask about this, but this is the first confirmation of updated/expanded classics. I can't wait.

[quote name='MorPhiend']Due in 2006, the new console will be backward compatible with Nintendo GameCube. The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Players also can buy and add new levels and characters to games made specifically for the new console. The new console has 512 megabytes of on-board flash memory. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.

I have seen some ask about this, but this is the first confirmation of updated/expanded classics. I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

I read "new levels etc" as relating to new Revolution games, not old games. It's a bit hard to tell because they don't sort the details at all.

[quote name='epobirs']I don't see GameCube titles as part of the download service. Unless retailers stop stocking the software in a big way there will be plenty of it, especially the Player's Choice line covering most of the reasons to own a Gamecube-compatible machine, still available for purchase.[/quote]

Yeah I made a mistake on that part. I mean to edit it out earlier but the net hiccuped on me and it didnt get changed.

Usually better on the PS? You obviously haven't played the N64 version of RE2. It was by far the best version in that generation. It was really a remarkable piece of work that went unappreciated.

No never did, I hardly ever heard anything about it because no one I know ever bought it they just got the PS version and never bothered So I assumed it wasn't much better and seeing the lower resolution cutscenes it seemed to track that other things got cut down too.

As for availability of those N64 games, nearly all retailers except those selling used games has long since cleared their stock of those carts. My local TRU has a few Perfect Darks left and maybe a Quarterback Club but thats it. Sure, there is a ton of used games at the local Gamestop but the sale of those offers no benefit for Nintendo. If there isn't any money in the download service it's worthless, even as PR since gamers spending time playing old games aren't buying new ones.

Well NO sale of the carts would benefit Nintendo today frankly at this point anything still in a store wouldnt generate income for them, but the thing is I still see N64 games in my TRU, I dont recall which ones but the occasional deal pops up here too (usually a link to EB or amazon I guess). I wonder how many of the titles produced outside of their own 1st party they can get the rights to. As small as the library is when you take out sports games (would they really bother to include them?) it's probably still their best source of income.

New levels sounds like a nice addition especially if it's to old games, they've done it before so it's not unimaginable they would do it some more to keep all they IP even more fresh.

[quote name='Alpha2']
No never did, I hardly ever heard anything about it because no one I know ever bought it they just got the PS version and never bothered So I assumed it wasn't much better and seeing the lower resolution cutscenes it seemed to track that other things got cut down too.

[/QUOTE]

I didn't give it much thought when it first appear, since it was so long after the first version. Who would have expected this title would done yet again on Dreamcast and GameCube? But when I came across for $10 I couldn't restrain my curiousity in regard to how much of the game they'd been able to stuff into a cartridge. All of it and more it turned. Codecs had come a long ways in those few years and RE2 made an excellent demonstration of that. Rather that cover all the details by hand I'll just link this review:
http://ign64.ign.com/articles/160/160798p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/n64/adventure/residentevil2/review.html

The video was a bit grainier than the PS1 but most other areas were improved, especially if the RAM Expansion Pak was present.

In any case, that is the extreme high end of N64 downloads. IIRC, no other carts that large appeared, unless they were Japan-only titles for which I never saw data. (The biggest SNES game that I recall was a Japan only RPG at 48 Mb.) The biggest size commonly used was a mere 256 Mb or 32 MB, and for titles that should see ongoing interest from paying customers, namely the N64 Zelda entries. 32 MB is a pretty trivial download on any decent broadband service, I'd say. It would be interesting to see exactly how big the GameCube version of those games given aways as bonus item but never offered for sale by themselves are in comparison. If they didn't go the Red Book audio route they could still be very small as GameCube game go and more attractive as purchased downloads.

[quote name='epobirs']Enough for me? So far as Revolution goes they showed NOTHING. Nada, zip, zilch. It was completely meaningless.

Alpha demos with performance issues are standard fare at E3. That doesn't faze me in the least. Playable demos at least indicate a real product in the works with a believable delivery schedule. Anyone looking at Ghost Recon 3 and thinking it doesn't require a major hardware upgrade needs to have their head examined for any stray particles of neural tissue preventing their skull from being a pristine vacuum.

It would have been far more honest to just admit that they're breaking their claim to not be last out the gate this time and say next year will be the E3 for their new console, meanwhile here is why we still own all but the most expensive part of the handheld sector.[/QUOTE]

While I can't say I was "blown away" by Nintendo's announcement, what they have shown so far is probably going to have me thinking twice before I pick up an Xbox360 or PS3. What we have seen is a very nice looking console with features that gamers want. It plays DVDs, it's backwards compatible, online is a focus, it condenses our Nintendo needs into one console, it will have modable games, and it's the nicest looking console ever. Now lets picture if Nintendo revealed absolutely nothing and waited till next year. They'd have the worst conference ever, gamers would have nothing to speculate on, and they'd be pretty much out of the race.

I'm sure Nintendo had games or demos they could have shown, but I think they're waiting for just the right time. As others have pointed out, the Xbox360 games have all sorts of little graphical problems scattered through them and look like they need a lot of work and it seems like Sony is being shady, wowing us over with animations and a list of sequels rather than the games themselves. Nintendo has made some poor decisions in it's past, but I think they are finally gaining an understanding of what the gamer wants. This unveiling gave the Revolution just enough time to hold gamers over until it's true unveiling, which will probably be at the Tokyo Game Show. Had they shown their still too-early work just now, they would have been overshadowed by the PS3, just as the PS3 has managed to overshadow the 360. Also, keep in mind that Nintendo now knows exactly what the competition is up to, which gives them the unique position to improve it's specs and refine it's focus.

Being vague has created some intrigue for what is possible on the Revolution and has bought it some much needed time.

[quote name='evilmax17']Iwata Interview:

http://ngc.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=8255[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. It's funny, but Nintendo and Microsoft are both kind of saying the same thing when it comes to appealing to non-gamers. Microsoft is trying to push the Live Arcade for the casual gamer and Nintendo seems to be focusing a lot of its products on bringing casual gamers into the mix as well.

One thing that does scare me about Nintendo's statements about online gaming is this whole concept of "scary online dudes." They seem to be pushing a strategy of gaming with only your "friends" and not just anyone out there. I'm hoping the "friends" approach is only one subset of the service. I don't want to be forced to play with only a subset of the available gamers out there.

[quote name='lebowsky']Thanks for that. It's funny, but Nintendo and Microsoft are both kind of saying the same thing when it comes to appealing to non-gamers. Microsoft is trying to push the Live Arcade for the casual gamer and Nintendo seems to be focusing a lot of its products on bringing casual gamers into the mix as well.

One thing that does scare me about Nintendo's statements about online gaming is this whole concept of "scary online dudes." They seem to be pushing a strategy of gaming with only your "friends" and not just anyone out there. I'm hoping the "friends" approach is only one subset of the service. I don't want to be forced to play with only a subset of the available gamers out there.[/QUOTE]

I think they mentioned something about this at yesterdays conference. Most likely its for parents to crontrol who plays with who?

(The biggest SNES game that I recall was a Japan only RPG at 48 Mb.) QUOTE]
The largest was Star Ocean 1 on Super Famicom. It clocked in at a huge 56 mb. Even DS many games today are 64 mb.

[quote name='Snake2715']I think they mentioned something about this at yesterdays conference. Most likely its for parents to crontrol who plays with who?[/QUOTE]

Quick! Someone pass along that idea to Microsoft!

Parents! Block them from playing outside of their age group!

... Halo 2 without all tEh kIddiZ!!11

[quote name='Purkeynator'](The biggest SNES game that I recall was a Japan only RPG at 48 Mb.) QUOTE]
The largest was Star Ocean 1 on Super Famicom. It clocked in at a huge 56 mb. Even DS many games today are 64 mb.[/QUOTE]

Potentially SNES games could have gotten much larger but only if the platform remained viable in the face of new machines using less expensive media.

You have to be careful how you use the upper and lower case to designate measurements.
MB = megabytes

Mb = megabits

Most DS games are at least 64 megabits. The original Mario 64 was that size and the DS version adds quite a lot of new material to the game. The largest size Nintendo currently offers publishers (but not the limit of the DS itself, just what is economically practical at the moment) is 1 Gigabit aka 128 Megabytes.

[quote name='opportunity777']Who is the hot asian chick in your avatar? Now I want to go home and bang my gf :lol:[/QUOTE]
Then kill chris griffen :twisted:

[quote name='WildWop']Quick! Someone pass along that idea to Microsoft!

Parents! Block them from playing outside of their age group!

... Halo 2 without all tEh kIddiZ!!11[/QUOTE]

A lot of the older players need an emotional maturity rating, too.

[quote name='epobirs']A lot of the older players need an emotional maturity rating, too.[/QUOTE]

Very true, but it's easier to tolerate immaturity when it isn't accompanied by shrill prepubescent voices.

New interview today. Excerpt:

"If the first entrant always wins the market, the Dreamcast must have won the race against the PS2, for example. There are many precedents like that in the past. The first to market is not necessarily the winner in the race," he said. "But we cannot afford to be too late. That's a very important point. Right now we are keeping many secrets, but by the end of this year, I believe we really need to express to the worldwide audience what the mysterious proposals we have are all about. Otherwise we will be in an extremely different position."
-Satoru Iwata

http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617814p1.html

So it's official. We should know pretty much everything by the time Xbox 360 launches and Sony will launch before Nintendo, but Nintendo won't be too late to the party (mid-2006).

Yeah they'll obviously need to release some info before the first Nextgen system launches if they hope to coax more people into waiting and saving their money for a later system, that's basically how the PS2 beat out the DC.

I'll need to be a nice big tasty carrot to lead people away though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back