Gears of War 3 Epic Editon $59.99 in-store at Best buy

[quote name='Wanderlai']Ah hell...N41.

Amazon only has 1 in stock for themselves @ $150 I think. Plenty from 3rd party though.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much pointless for Amazon to drop the price if they only have 1 in stock.

So unless those 3rd parties lower their prices, otherwise, get it from BB.

Just got my ready for pickup email from BB.

The Toys R Us 2 for 1 deal seemed unintentional. Retailers don't seem to have nearly as much inventory of the epic edition as the Helghast edition.

[quote name='gundie']It's pretty much pointless for Amazon to drop the price if they only have 1 in stock.

So unless those 3rd parties lower their prices, otherwise, get it from BB.

Just got my ready for pickup email from BB.[/QUOTE]

People have had much better luck in getting undamaged CE by using shipping vs in store pickup.

Just picked up the last copy from my local store. I got pretty lucky, because only the corners are tattered on the bottom, I didn't see any evidence of spider wrap crushing the edges. Can't wait to get this statue up between my Helghast helmet and Reach statue.

I would probably have picked this up for this price if I didn't get it during the TRU 2 for $60 sale a couple of weeks back. I would have paid $60 alone just for the statute which pardon the pun is actually pretty epic. Definitely worth it.

I got this for $60 at best buy about a month thanks to a manager wanting to make shelf space. He straight up asked me "how much would you pay for it" and I said $60 was my buy price, back when it was on sale for $90. He said "deal" and I bought it that night.

Just a heads up, some of these have parts damaged inside. The cardboard diorama in mine was crushed inside yet the box was sealed. I had to exchange it the following day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Already own the regular edition but would love the extras in this....but the tiv for this game dropped like a brick, didn't it?[/QUOTE]

What is the TIV right now?
I'm going to trade in my regular copy as soon as this new one comes.

[quote name='Flacksguy']What is the TIV right now?
I'm going to trade in my regular copy as soon as this new one comes.[/QUOTE]

Should be like $6 at BB; $9.xx at AMZ; $9 at GS. Not much unfortunately...

[quote name='FatherChesz']Just picked up the last copy from my local store. I got pretty lucky, because only the corners are tattered on the bottom, I didn't see any evidence of spider wrap crushing the edges. Can't wait to get this statue up between my Helghast helmet and Reach statue.[/QUOTE]

I forgot about the spider-wrap damage. I weep for the Bioshock 2 LE's... However if it's damaged I'll request they obtain another one from stock.

[quote name='eau']I already have the LE. Besides the statue, what else does the Epic have that the LE doesn't?[/QUOTE]

Infected omen weapon skin DLC.

I stopped by a closing BB today and found a brand new Rock Band Squier MIDI Strat for $111... I just about choked when I saw it, and almost did so again when the girl told me the price :) Awesome! My collection of plastic instruments bought my PRS SE from Sam Ash and now this single instrument is going to buy me a brand new Fender Jaguar!!!!!

I love BB!

I just got GOW3 at target during the last trade-in coupon deal for $9.99. Can't get myself to pull the trigger for this deal just for the other items.

ill wait some more. My local GS has tons of these in stock... GS would probably follow suit with BB having it down to $60 right now.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I stopped by a closing BB today and found a brand new Rock Band Squier MIDI Strat for $111... I just about choked when I saw it, and almost did so again when the girl told me the price :) Awesome! My collection of plastic instruments bought my PRS SE from Sam Ash and now this single instrument is going to buy me a brand new Fender Jaguar!!!!!

I love BB![/QUOTE]

Were games still at 20%?

[quote name='slowdive21']Were games still at 20%?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Rather unspectacular. They had a ton of HDMI cables for cheap and stuff like that. Music stuff that was left was like 50% or so off. Picks, strings, etc.

I think mine had a busted up Skyrim CE for 79 and the new Soul Caliber CE for 61.~~... Nothing worth buying except for the Squier. Rocksmith was like 47. I don't know if they're going to go lower or not. They close on May 12th.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Yeah. Rather unspectacular. They had a ton of HDMI cables for cheap and stuff like that. Music stuff that was left was like 50% or so off. Picks, strings, etc.

I think mine had a busted up Skyrim CE for 79 and the new Soul Caliber CE for 61.~~... Nothing worth buying except for the Squier. Rocksmith was like 47. I don't know if they're going to go lower or not. They close on May 12th.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the ones around here are the same, except we have less stock! haha

I have a feeling they will drop to 50% the last day, but I am not holding my breath.

In your heart
You know it to be true
You know what you gotta do
They all depend on...you
You already know
How you will spend...

...(like a CAG lol)

Best Buy guy in the gaming department informed me that if I signed up for the Game Magizine I would automatically get $30 off the Gear of War Epic edition or the Batman Arkham City CE which were 59.99 each. Of course, I already have the magizine but thinking of signing my brother up for the maginize.

[quote name='Stinker101']Best Buy guy in the gaming department informed me that if I signed up for the Game Magizine I would automatically get $30 off the Gear of War Epic edition or the Batman Arkham City CE which were 59.99 each. Of course, I already have the magizine but thinking of signing my brother up for the maginize.[/QUOTE]

How will signing up give you $30 off, is there a coupon inside or something? I have a copy of the EE waiting for in-store pickup in the morning, and don't subscribe to the magazine yet.

Thanks OP for the heads-up.

[quote name='Stinker101']Best Buy guy in the gaming department informed me that if I signed up for the Game Magizine I would automatically get $30 off the Gear of War Epic edition or the Batman Arkham City CE which were 59.99 each. Of course, I already have the magizine but thinking of signing my brother up for the maginize.[/QUOTE]

im interested in this too

well that doesn't sound odd at all. cause there is no GOW coupon in it. and no such deal that exists. so they are either trying to get higher numbers, or their manager just wants to get rid of it, and will cut the price, but the guy wants the numbers of subscriptions before he gives it to you. or something. but sketchy none the less.

[quote name='Stinker101']Best Buy guy in the gaming department informed me that if I signed up for the Game Magizine I would automatically get $30 off the Gear of War Epic edition or the Batman Arkham City CE which were 59.99 each. Of course, I already have the magizine but thinking of signing my brother up for the maginize.[/QUOTE]Now do you mean just buying a Gamer magazine ($6) or the Gamer's Club Unlocked program ($15)?

Either way...that'd make that "bundle" priced at $36/$45 before tax. I'd get it in a heartbeat if that's the case, no hesitation.

I'm sure it's probably just your store's manager making the deal and not any other Best Buy, but it's too good of an offer to pass up.

It's the the club for 14.99 which makes you an unlock reward member.
I talked to the employee for a good hour and he said it was a way to sell the club magizine and clear out stock. I am going back tomorrow signing up my brother for the subscription and buying the Gears of War elite edition. I am already an unlock member else I would have picked it up today. I got the magizine free with buy the game on the cover promotion they ran awhile back. It has alot of coupons for gaming items that come in handle at times and the magizine isn't that bad. For example they had a coupon for $20 off Batman Arkham city and it was onsale for 29.99 so you pay 9.99. I used a different coupon and got the combo back of Gears of War 1 and 2 for 9.99 when it first came out at 29.99. Plus you get an extra 10% on trade in's so when they run the extra 50% trade in you receive 60% because your a unlock member.

The BB employee said the offer was good on anything on the Clearance table which had Batman Arkham City CE, Gears of War elite, Assassins Revelation CE, and a few others.

[quote name='Stinker101']It's the the club for 14.99 which makes you an unlock reward member.
I talked to the employee for a good hour and he said it was a way to sell the club magizine and clear out stock. I am going back tomorrow signing up my brother for the subscription and buying the Gears of War elite edition. I am already an unlock member else I would have picked it up today. I got the magizine free with buy the game on the cover promotion they ran awhile back. It has alot of coupons for gaming items that come in handle at times and the magizine isn't that bad. For example they had a coupon for $20 off Batman Arkham city and it was onsale for 29.99 so you pay 9.99. I used a different coupon and got the combo back of Gears of War 1 and 2 for 9.99 when it first came out at 29.99. Plus you get an extra 10% on trade in's so when they run the extra 50% trade in you receive 60% because your a unlock member.

The BB employee said the offer was good on anything on the Clearance table which had Batman Arkham City CE, Gears of War elite, Assassins Revelation CE, and a few others.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind taking a pic of this clearance table? I've never seen it at any BB I frequent.

[quote name='Stele']Clearance tables are extreme YMMV. Don't bother chasing after this one.[/QUOTE]

Agreed clearance tables are usually managers specials and are specific to that particular store. Great if you can find but prices are usually YMMV.

Damn, upon closer inspection last night the chamber of the gun (where the Marcus statue rests his hands) was broke (even though the gun was well packaged in bubble wrap, wtf) which I didn't notice until I took the gun out of the plastic bag it was in. Might just be my bad luck, but giving you all a head's up. I ended up super gluing it which seems to be holding up well, really hard to tell it was ever broken in the first place. That kinda bummed me out, but still happy I got it, the statue towers over the Halo Reach statue it's damn impressive. :)

[quote name='Alien Spider'] the statue towers over the Halo Reach statue it's damn impressive. :)[/QUOTE]

Is it that much bigger than the Reach statue?
As much as I love Reach, I did NOT like that statue.
Jun & Emile look like they're ready to fight, but on the other side Kat and Jorge are just lazily standing around. And I know they left off 6 because of the whole 'create you own unique Spartan' thing, but it's completely stupid to not at least have that grey Noble 6 that they used in the ads on the statue.
It just looks incomplete the way it is.

Ordered yesterday morning and chose ship to home instead of instore pickup even tho it was available 6 miles away due to condition concerns... check my order and it was shipped, and its already out for delivery!

[quote name='Flacksguy']Is it that much bigger than the Reach statue?
As much as I love Reach, I did NOT like that statue.
[/QUOTE]

No, it's not. Maybe an inch taller but very similar dimensions. The statue is one character so the scale is bigger.

Mine came in pretty good shape, though the Lancer was a little twisted around the bayonet. At least it was easy enough to put into place, unlike all the little guns in the Reach statue. I ended up breaking the peg off the shotgun when trying to get it put together.

[quote name='FatherChesz']No, it's not. Maybe an inch taller but very similar dimensions. The statue is one character so the scale is bigger.

Mine came in pretty good shape, though the Lancer was a little twisted around the bayonet. At least it was easy enough to put into place, unlike all the little guns in the Reach statue. I ended up breaking the peg off the shotgun when trying to get it put together.[/QUOTE]

True, yeah the dimensions of the statues themselves are pretty identical, but Marcus himself is huge compared to the Spartans on the Halo Reach statue. Sorry for the confusion.

I randomly saw this and picked it up and was gonna report back here but obviously way too late. Thanks OP! Also, the guy at my BB said that they were trying to clear out stock on this.

Something of note at my local bestbuy in Cary NC. They have these items discounted. There were couple of GOW3 Epic Editions ($59.99) along with LOTR.War in the North ($39.99) and other CEs and SEs on the clearance table by the trade in kiosk. YMMV where you are of course.

nfmsg2.jpg

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Something of note at my local bestbuy in Cary NC. They have these items discounted. There were couple of GOW3 Epic Editions ($59.99) along with LOTR.War in the North ($39.99) and other CEs and SEs on the clearance table by the trade in kiosk. YMMV where you are of course.

nfmsg2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Your best buy is awesome. I am jealous.

bread's done
Back