Gears of War 3 Epic Editon $59.99 in-store at Best buy

LEs and SEs have just been sitting there for a while so my guess is they just want to get rid of them and this is the way they are going about it. I already have the LE so don't need the Epic Edition but never the less good find indeed. Thanks OP!

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Something of note at my local bestbuy in Cary NC. They have these items discounted. There were couple of GOW3 Epic Editions ($59.99) along with LOTR.War in the North ($39.99) and other CEs and SEs on the clearance table by the trade in kiosk. YMMV where you are of course.

nfmsg2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Hey, what were they asking for Saints Row?

[quote name='Flacksguy']Nice!

Hey, what were they asking for Saints Row?[/QUOTE]

It was marked on the table for $79.99 so it is probably even cheaper. However, unsure since there wasn't a copy on the table to price check and I did not look in the game section thoroughly.

Picked up one of 4 Epic Editions in Bridgeton, MO. There was no information on price (the boxes were just laying on the floor around a TV demo area) so I had an associate scan the item, and it rung up at $59.99.

Dammit CAG, another impulse buy...thanks for the info OP!

[quote name='hypertails02']Picked up one of 4 Epic Editions in Bridgeton, MO. There was no information on price (the boxes were just laying on the floor around a TV demo area) so I had an associate scan the item, and it rung up at $59.99.

Dammit CAG, another impulse buy...thanks for the info OP![/QUOTE]

4? i assume one of them is for me?

[quote name='giantqtipz']4? i assume one of them is for me?[/QUOTE]
He also picked up a 3rd grade reading comprehension book for you.

Mine was just delivered. I'm in no hurry to open it because I'm not sure where to display the statue. Plus I've yet to even play GOW2.

Gears MP is really fun. I always play through my backlog while going back and forth with my MP game. Right now Gears 3 is my ”MP mainstay” still.

[quote name='Donut2922']Gears MP is really fun. I always play through my backlog while going back and forth with my MP game. Right now Gears 3 is my ”MP mainstay” still.[/QUOTE]

really been wanting to play gow 3 again. I had to sell my gow3, cuz all I did was play multi.

I had picked up mass effect 1 and 2 and mass effect 3 was right around the corner. i wanted to see what the whole hype was with the series. In the last few months, ive plowed through the mass effect trilogy (really loving the series) and now im near the end. Might get back into gow3 for a bit before i tackle bio shock 1-2 or assassins creed series.

62nd Street BB in Manhattan had a stack of these on the floor. Some of the boxes were a bit beat up. I ended up passing. I haven't even played 1 and 2 so it made sense to just hold off and get this at a cheaper price in the future. Seems like a good deal though!

[quote name='youenvy']really been wanting to play gow 3 again. I had to sell my gow3, cuz all I did was play multi.
.[/QUOTE]

You sir are stronger than I. I can't put it down. I have a problem with games (step 1).

:)

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']Something of note at my local bestbuy in Cary NC. They have these items discounted. There were couple of GOW3 Epic Editions ($59.99) along with LOTR.War in the North ($39.99) and other CEs and SEs on the clearance table by the trade in kiosk. YMMV where you are of course.

nfmsg2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, I will be in the Triangle this weekend...I need to stop by. I really miss this BB.

God lord, fail BB shipping dept. Mine arrived today and all they did was slap a shipping label on the side of the GoW box. :( The contents were fine though and the statue is very nice.

Mine came today inside a cardboard box that had a 'Do Not Display until Sept. 20th' sticker on it. The box inside was in perfect condition.

Great CE, lots of cool stuff, well worth the $60.

[quote name='Wanderlai']God lord, fail BB shipping dept. Mine arrived today and all they did was slap a shipping label on the side of the GoW box. :( The contents were fine though and the statue is very nice.[/QUOTE]

They did the same thing with my Guitar Hero III boxset a few years back. I swear, it's nothing but stoners that work in that department.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Mine came today inside a cardboard box that had a 'Do Not Display until Sept. 20th' sticker on it. The box inside was in perfect condition.

Great CE, lots of cool stuff, well worth the $60.[/QUOTE]
Same here. But my cardboard background for the statue was bent, looked like it was from when it was packed at the factory. Wasn't planning on using it anyway.

This is almost on par with the Skyrim CE.

I just picked one up from a further out Best Buy in TX and WAS SO WORTH IT!!!! What really surprises me is that the box is actually in great condition. No dents, cuts, rips or anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shadowrage']Same here. But my cardboard background for the statue was bent, looked like it was from when it was packed at the factory. Wasn't planning on using it anyway.

This is almost on par with the Skyrim CE.[/QUOTE]

That happened to mine as well, I exchanged in store. This was a month ago now.

Is anyone in the NYC area interested in just the statue? Want to trade something for it (cash gift cards, Microsoft points, whatever)? PM an offer. Or don't. Too big for me to keep.

The Best Buy in Kingston, NY has two of these available...they're up on one of those high storage shelves, so they're in relatively good shape compared to what's usually in-store.

One of these just appeared out of nowhere at my local store. Box is beat up, but I don't care. I have a $25 gc from viggle plus trade credit. Free.99 Epic edition for me!

nfmsg2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice! Hope this is a sign SR3 price is on the way down, my local BB has three collectors editions still.

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Nice! Hope this is a sign SR3 price is on the way down, my local BB has three collectors editions still.[/QUOTE]

I tried for the $10 TRU pricematch a while back and got shot down. :)

I picked up one at the BB in Houston on 45 and Cypresswood. I KNOW I pissed off a fellow CAG member. They only had one on the shelf, I picked it up and I heard, "Awww, man is that the last one?" come from behind me. Sorry dude. The box is in mint condition too.

If you are reading this, I think the Woodlands location has a crapload of them.

In talking to the employee in that section, he said they have a ton of CEs of various games in the back. He thought that BB will be trying to get rid of all that stock pretty soon. This problem is probably why Halo 4 isn't going with the huge CE box this time.

The lancer rifle was broken at the barrel for mine. BB gave me $20 credit back because they couldn't get me a replacement. Better than nothing.

[quote name='dskillzhtown']I picked up one at the BB in Houston on 45 and Cypresswood. I KNOW I pissed off a fellow CAG member. They only had one on the shelf, I picked it up and I heard, "Awww, man is that the last one?" come from behind me. Sorry dude. The box is in mint condition too.

If you are reading this, I think the Woodlands location has a crapload of them.

In talking to the employee in that section, he said they have a ton of CEs of various games in the back. He thought that BB will be trying to get rid of all that stock pretty soon. This problem is probably why Halo 4 isn't going with the huge CE box this time.[/QUOTE]

That's my closest Best Buy, they had that copy of GoW3 forever, I had considered getting it but still haven't played 1 or 2. I wonder what CEs they have in the back.

They might not have any online but I saw like 3 at my bb store... It's not gonna be $60 anymore, it should be $99 when I check couple of weeks ago... You might want to check bb store near you instead...

[quote name='dutch72']Did Best Buy get rid if all these ? I can't locate it on the website anymore.[/QUOTE]

I saw a few at a local BB. Price is back to $99.99.

bread's done
Back