Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

Terrible packages are terrible. The only thing I'm even vaguely interested in is the skin and I haven't even seen what it looks like yet.

I buy very few limited editions and I won't be picking up this one.

I wonder if MS will accidently offer the weapon skins to everyone like they did the gold lancer for GoW2? There was like a couple hours one morning where they put it up as a free download for all. I was lucky enough to nab it. :)

I'll be happy with my gold retro lancer and flame skins for all the weapons I got from the beta.

Just went to gamestop.com to cancel my epic edition order and there is no option. So i contacted help asking them to cancel my order, because i didnt know what was going to be in the package when i pre ordered, and they revealed whats inside today, and its not to my liking. So hopefully they will cancel it. I didnt even pre order it for the beta, because i didnt need one.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Can you still log into the Beta and check your stats? I'm curious as to what my final stats were.[/QUOTE]

Right now i can, from the recent games menu. I even got into a match. The game says 12754 playing worldwide in TDM. 1147 KOTH, 457 CTL, and 249 TBT. It would be cool if i could still keep playing it, even if its against all bots.

Its dead now. When you start the beta you get disconnected from xbox live. So if you are currently playing, keep playing cos once you quit you cant get back in. :( You cant even press start to see your stats anymore. Just get to the press start, startup screen.

only only only bc this is the "Last" GOW am I even thinking of doing the Epic.Ed. I will keep my money on the Epic for now. I can always trade down. I better to both just in Case.

Ok so Amazon has the Savage Kantus Skin for pre-ordering and buying through them.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promo/SavageKantus_large.jpg

Best Buy has Mechanic Baird skin if you buy from them.
Nothing from walmart,TRU,Kmart,GS, ****as of 6:30pm Est.

only only only bc this is the "Last" GOW am I even thinking of doing the Epic.Ed. I will keep my money on the Epic for now. I can always trade down. I better to both just in Case.

FYI: Amazon will have an exclusive "Savage Kantus" MP skin:

ref=amb_link_354319242_2

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

Wonder what other "exclusive" skins will pop-up for Best Buy, Gamestop, and possibly Walmart.

Mechanical Baird looks as if they ripped him off of Borderlands or something. The Savage Kantus, on the other hand, looks amazing.

[quote name='Trakan']So Epic is joining in on the retailer exclusive shit, eh?

fuck you, Epic.[/QUOTE]

Epic wants you fat asses to get off the couch for 10 God-Damn minutes and get some exercise by walking to your car and buying the game in-person. I can imagine you lazy fuck-faces are the reason Nintendo made bank with their retarded Wii Fit games....

On another not, I might pick up a cheap 360 so I can get the super epic edition.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Epic wants you fat asses to get off the couch for 10 God-Damn minutes and get some exercise by walking to your car and buying the game in-person. I can imagine you lazy fuck-faces are the reason Nintendo made bank with their retarded Wii Fit games....

On another not, I might pick up a cheap 360 so I can get the super epic edition.[/QUOTE]

Well I was going to go for a run today but I would have to cross over the bridge you live under and I was afraid you might try to eat me.

I will just stick with my Amazon pre-order with the nice $20 gc. Demo wasn't anything groundbreaking.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Epic wants you fat asses to get off the couch for 10 God-Damn minutes and get some exercise by walking to your car and buying the game in-person. I can imagine you lazy fuck-faces are the reason Nintendo made bank with their retarded Wii Fit games....

On another not, I might pick up a cheap 360 so I can get the super epic edition.[/QUOTE]

I've never read a more retarded post. Epic wants me to get off the couch so they gave an exclusive character to Amazon, right? An online store. This has nothing to do buying the game in person. It has to do with every store getting a different piece of exclusive content which means you can't get them all. Not to mention they should all be unlockable in the game to begin with.

What?

I don't even...

Huh?

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen someone post on any forum. He meant that if you want all of the exclusive content in the game, you gotta buy them from all these retailers ala Mortal Kombat. :roll:

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone confirm if Gears 2 is x30 XP like someone had said before?[/QUOTE]Supposedly, Rod Ferguson gave a thumbs up for a post beta xp event, but the official thread on epic's forums hasn't been updated with any news yet. Also, Ferguson tweeted that if Gears 3 wins a contest on IGN for most anticipated game then there will be a 30XP event during E3. There's always an E3 xp event so if it doesn't win on IGN it'll be a double whammy.

On another not, I might pick up a cheap 360 so I can get the super epic edition.[/QUOTE]This folks is what the Michigan education system can do for you or your child.

and I for one kind of like the idea of exclusive characters and unlocks, so not everyone is playing as the same 4 characters. I'd like to see little items like different armor pieces or helmets as unlockables too to add to the customization bit, but looks like we still aren't getting that. still lots of unlocks in the beta, and hopefully more in the full game, the more the better imo.

Retailer exclusives is another low for the gaming community. First it was disc-locked-content. Now it is retailer-locked-content.

[quote name='knightsmith']Should I sell the 2 extra Accounts I got all the unlockables for?[/QUOTE]

You got to sell that on the streets. I tried selling my profile several times on ebay, but my auction got taken down a few minutes after I listed it.

Man, I really hate how "savage" Delta Squad look like (COG skins in Beta). The "classic" COG armor better be a skin unlock, or I'm going to be so pissed, dood!

This is the first Gears game I played, aside from maybe a few hours a few years ago, and man does it suck. The decisions they've made with movements and whatnot are so illogical. When you run, why is your neck completely unable to move? Why can you not look around? Why must he run in such a stiff, idiotic way? It's also annoying that, while running, you randomly grab onto walls, just because you got too close. Same when you're trying to roll away from a person, you'll grip onto a wall and get shot. The community sucks, they all run around with shotguns, which is simplistic and stupid. There's barely any guns, and they all pretty much feel the same. Melee attacks are useless unless it's to kill a downed enemy. Teammates often wait to steal kills off downed enemies. The list goes on...

There's just so much illogical crap in this game, I just can't comprehend why it's one of the leading series on the Xbox 360. There much better stuff out there. Also, being as it's the third installment, being new sucks because you run into obsessive fans (Level 50 on a beta, really? How worthless...), and really, obsessive fans ruin anything an everything for newcomers.

Oh, and another note about the crap, obsessive community. They're rarely good at the game, and will quit if they can't get the perfect team to help them pad their K/D. I came across a guy with a 3.9, and I ended up killing him around nine times in one match. I'm sure he would have quit if he was going negative. The thing I'm getting at is, again, with their idiotic set-up to try and make this "competitive," you end up with some obsessive fools hiding in the back of the map shooting mortars nonstop, as if a high K/D means anything, when in actuality, you suck at the game.

[quote name='popular penguin']You got to sell that on the streets. I tried selling my profile several times on ebay, but my auction got taken down a few minutes after I listed it.

Man, I really hate how "savage" Delta Squad look like (COG skins in Beta). The "classic" COG armor better be a skin unlock, or I'm going to be so pissed, dood![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up.

PetersHere.... I am sorry that you don't like the game. I missed GOW 1. but wouldn't play 2 until I finished 1. Get the story, play the first 2 games then come on around. The community is.... well it's a community. You have it everywhere every MP game has that guy on the team that is a dick, the one that dose nothing and so on... Gears is diff then the other MP Shooters that are out. You know what I'm done with this. Play it or not. Pass the Sticks!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like the 30x xp event is going to happen at this rate. Gears 3 is winning with over 4k votes, with the next closest game only having 1k votes, and thats Battlefield 3.

awww yeah, came back from kenosha, wi kmart with la noire, free alan wake, and 20 gaming coupon! Alan wake was still sticker priced at 29.99 but got a price check and it rang up at 19.99. Had to wait a while just for the cashier to get an override code, and had to remind her of the deal. But overall it was pretty smooth, she remember the deal the second i said something about it. So overall my first kmart gaming experience was great!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']First off it is against the Terms of Use to sell your account. Second, you do know that the unlocks are tied to your save file from the beta and not your GamerTag, right?

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/05/gears-of-war-3-beta-ends-may-16-thanks-for-joining-us/

For those of you looking to hang onto your unlocks, don't delete your save file. This is a change from what was originally reported by Epic.[/QUOTE]

You do know that you can throw your save files and any other files from the console onto a thumb drive, right?

If he was that desperate to sell it the file could easily be transferred. Now whether or not the file includes console specific information is a different story.

[quote name='seanr1221']Since I don't care what the character looks like, the retail exclusive stuff doesn't bother me.[/QUOTE]

Isn't L.A. Noire doing missions? This is just the beginning.

Missions have more content, obviously, but from what I've read LA Noire was packed with SO much content, they had to finish some stuff later (the retail exclusive stuff). It will all be available later though.

[quote name='Trakan']Isn't L.A. Noire doing missions? This is just the beginning.[/QUOTE]Yup. Red Dead did different content from a great horse to golden guns which added prestige per kill to an outfit which gave more Dead Eye. Plus PS3 got an extra hideout to clear. They eventually put the retailer content on the marketplace for a buck each at least. Don't know if 360 ever got the extra hideout. I'm not a fan.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']First off it is against the Terms of Use to sell your account. Second, you do know that the unlocks are tied to your save file from the beta and not your GamerTag, right?

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/05/gears-of-war-3-beta-ends-may-16-thanks-for-joining-us/

For those of you looking to hang onto your unlocks, don't delete your save file. This is a change from what was originally reported by Epic.[/QUOTE]

They just made it way to ease to hook everyone up. Now I'm mad I could have saved about 10 hrs from doing all the other accounts. I did make some money off some people from work they gave me $20 each (3) to take there accounts and do the beta unlocks.
The Same thing they did with the Gold Guns from GOW2

The flaming guns aren't going to unlock in retail, correct?

I was under the impression that the only two things that carried over to retail were Thrashball Cole and the Golden Retro Lancer, but I keep on hearing people mention the flaming guns.

bread's done
Back