Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

[quote name='pimpinc333']Here's an Extra Code:

M9H42-J2T3J-HWYKP-DRDRF-DYWMZ

Please Post if you use it![/QUOTE]
Thank you so much! Just redeemed!

[quote name='hustletron']JKH9W-XM6T9-VF3DF-KVGTM-X4P2Z

Gave my second to a buddy.

I haven't done anything that was required to get a code so I'm not sure why they sent it to me, but maybe I played wayyy too much of the beta lol.[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much! I've really been wanting to try the beta, just not enough to pre order. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']Ink.So.Well had such a great idea with his "Great Spoiler Wall of CAG" that I thought I'd follow his lead to give away my two Gears 3 beta codes.

Right over here:
2QPJV-M474K-VVFXQ-GKMG6-YVCFZ

KJ3VY-7KM3V-CC432-6D2TH-2VPWZ
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Shrike, the second one wasn't redeemed!

I didn't know you can grenade your own meat shield. I found out on CTL when I had the opposing leader as my meatshield... with like 5 seconds left winning the round... I tagged him with a smoke and had to pick him up again... then I got rushed down.. lol

I've only been using the Lancer and Gnasher and I've been doing pretty well. I wonder how gdlk I'll be when I start using the Retro Lancer and Sawed-off Shotgun. I haven't had a problem playing against either except on one occasion, but they seem balanced.

I feel melees are a bit weak in this game. Damage is reasonable, but the stun doesn't seem so great. =p

Wow. I just went the following in a KOTH match using nothing else but the standard Lancer and occasional Scorcher: 22 Caps, 4 Breaks, 50 Kills and 21 Downs.

...Why are people so bad at this game?

Oh, and both the clip size and accuracy for that gun are ridiculously underrated. People don't know how to act when they expect you to reload from huge distances and you're STILL shooting them. I've got to dick around more often. Jesus...

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Wow. I just went the following in a KOTH match using nothing else but the standard Lancer and occasional Scorcher: 22 Caps, 4 Breaks, 50 Kills and 21 Downs.

...Why are people so bad at this game?

Oh, and both the clip size and accuracy for that gun are ridiculously underrated. People don't know how to act when they expect you to reload from huge distances and you're STILL shooting them. I've got to dick around more often. Jesus...[/QUOTE]

Bad is an understatement

Downloaded it and played one match. I didn't really play a lot of online GOW 1 or 2 because I was terrible. I ended up with like 12 kills right off the bat. Is it just me or does this seems a little faster paced? I'm digging it so far.

Would I have a problem if I downloaded this on another console as long as I'm signed in with the GT I originally downloaded it on?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I have 1 more code to give away. PM me. Cannot be a CAG in Training. Edit: 74FWV-FHVXV-96GXQ-PMMMG-GTXPZ

Please post if you've taken it[/QUOTE]

Got it! Thanks buddy!

[quote name='MtlTom']Is it just me or does this seems a little faster paced? I'm digging it so far.
[/QUOTE]

Answer: dedicated servers. much better performance all around.

Eliminated the ridiculous HOST advantage from Gears 1 and Gears 2 multiplayer.

On a side note: last night, during a round of King of the Hill (KOTH) on Trenches, while in the Nest area with the oneshot, I nailed the first two shots on Grubs, but the third shot glitched, and Anya locked up. Can't move, just stood there waiting to get downed. Only thing that worked was rotating the camera. But hey, that's Beta for ya!

Beta's great for trying out all sorts of new things. For example, my favorite current style: toss in a smoke nad, run in with my chainsaw revving on the lancer, and going for the lumberjack ribbon, over-n-over. LOL! Good times! [don't hate] my kill/death ratio is terrible, something like 0.5 or something, but I'm having hella fun trying different things out.

Played around 20 matches tonight. First time Gears player and I'm really enjoying everything so far. I was surprised how effective the retro lancer bayonete charge is. I racked up several kills with it.

Everything is so much smoother. That's the immediate reaction I had when I first played the beta 4 weeks ago. The dedicated servers definitely help, but the actual animations are so much more fluid than in the past 2 games.

I've loved it so far. I think the Sawed Off and the Retro Lancer need tweaked a bit, but beyond that, I'm looking forward to the retail release.

Finally got into the beta on week 4 and I'm enjoying it. Gonna play the crap out of it to get as much done as I can within the time allowed. A shame I won't be able to do it all but it'd be great to get a few of the retail unlockables. As others have the said the animations are much more fluid. The dedicated servers are helping greatly. Current loadout is the gnasher with the lancer. I love the bayonet on the retro lancer but theres just too much recoil for me.

I PMed ya... Hoping for the best but probably WAY too late seeing that to get it. Wanting to try the beta out before preordering at all. LOVED Gears 1 MP, but after the hassle of the first week of Gears 2 and not being able to get into matches at all I just simply gave up and never touched it again.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Answer: dedicated servers. much better performance all around.

Eliminated the ridiculous HOST advantage from Gears 1 and Gears 2 multiplayer.

[/QUOTE]

Host advantage has not and will never be eliminated in any online video game.

Dedicated servers mitigate the advantage between players, but it's still rampant even in Gears 3.

Is it better than Gears 2? Absolutely.

Can it be better? A lot better, just not sure why it's so difficult for a powerhouse like Epic to figure this out.

Only one person PM'd me, so these two are up for grabs. Post if you take one.

H3CFC-G6XF4-PK6PY-YJG4X-7JG4Z
F2GWD-V74T6-4Y4VF-JFFHM-TC2QZ

lol you guys want free kill = you want me on your team

went 4-12-5 (ki-do-de)

its annoying finding myself reloading when they're down. also i luckly only ran into 1 shotgun crap. basically the old saying im shooting you die, only for you to get one shotted.

also my team lost 3 times, we won and in the fifth match my team had 9 lives left and 3 of their guys quit. good sportsmanship bitches

Better late than never I guess...
Please let others know if you use them...

FY4KP-TQ66Y-C4TW3-G7QKQ-M33QZ
7C3XD-VJ7FD-Y6KP2-4X7Q9-3HMXZ

[quote name='MtlTom']Would I have a problem if I downloaded this on another console as long as I'm signed in with the GT I originally downloaded it on?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I had my friends recover my profile and re-download the beta on their console. The beta is not locked to a Gamertag (think Yaris).

Epic Edition details have supposedly leaked, and they're pretty lame.

Details of the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition have seemingly been leaked to ThumbPad by an anonymous insider source, prior to Microsoft soon making an official announcement regarding the pricey limited edition, which as you'd expect will bundle all of the goodies from the Collector's Edition alongside a highly collectible figurine.
Said Collector's Edition will apparently come in a slick tin case with the usual goodies, which we assume will include an art book and a disc of extras at the very least. The Epic Edition will also include a 12-inch figurine of Marcus Fenix modelled around the game's cover art.
So, in all likelihood, the Marcus figurine that is reportedly set to come with the Epic Edition will look something like the image below. Gears of War 3 is out on September 20th, 2011.

Well now...I definitely don't think I'll need that many KOTH matches to reach 100 Kills with the Gold Retro Lancer. I just got 18 in a single round of a match (next best player had 8). If I can get into 3-round matches I should be able to unlock it for the retail release in 4 or 5 matches.

[quote name='eliter1']Better late than never I guess...
Please let others know if you use them...

FY4KP-TQ66Y-C4TW3-G7QKQ-M33QZ
7C3XD-VJ7FD-Y6KP2-4X7Q9-3HMXZ[/QUOTE]

thank you so much!!! :applause:

According to Ron Fergusson's Twitter, the dedicated servers have been experiencing difficulty since 7 AM EST and they're working to get them back up.

Yeah, I got lag for the first time today too.

Unlocked Cole for retail. I'll be going away till sunday, so this was my last day. Overall I really liked it, but wonder how much I'll be playing multiplayer with so many games this fall.

I got into a match earlier where it was completely dark and the background was the title card. I backed out of that really quick.

[quote name='KingBroly']I got into a match earlier where it was completely dark and the background was the title card. I backed out of that really quick.[/QUOTE]

I've had issues with it today and none before. Not sure what is going on.

If the rumor is true that the only difference in the Epic edition is a 12 inch marcus fenix statue, im changing my order to just the LE. Ill use that extra 70 on LA Noire or something.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Forgot I got the extra codes from MS in an email.

First come, first served.

F2GKK-GHHCH-G4MMW-XKM6K-2MJDZ
FHDFP-G2V9C-TTK69-9HT6G-CFFPZ[/QUOTE]
my friend used the second code, thanks!

I'm not buying GOW3 day 1 for two reasons:

1) I suspect the game to drop in price during Cyber Monday. I got Legendary Halo Reach for $75 on Amazon last time.

2) I need people to be a higher level than me so I can get the "Underdog" ribbon and "Giant Slayer" (kill someone 25 and 50 Lv above you).

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']It is true that the beta does not work with 48hr trials? Hmmm, wasn't aware of that until yesterday.[/QUOTE]
No a couple of my friends where able to get there guns by doing it on sunday & Monday. so they do work with 48hr codes

[quote name='The 7th Number']If the rumor is true that the only difference in the Epic edition is a 12 inch marcus fenix statue, im changing my order to just the LE. Ill use that extra 70 on LA Noire or something.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope not. I'ma be pissed. That's a shitty way to say thanks to the Gear Heads out there. and Yes I will be doing the same thing if this rumor is tru! They have to have something else in the E.D. VS. L.E.

I dont understand how i dont get kills with the digger. Sometimes i shoot it at people 5 feet from me, it kills me every damn time when im the one being shot at, yet sometimes i dont get a kill. I also shot it down the tunnel in old town near the spawn and where the pistols spawn, and somehow dude who was in the tunnel wasnt killed. There is NO ROOM for him to escape that shit.

bread's done
Back