Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

man why do they keep doing this to me. I'm going broke dealing with epic!! I think I'm going to see what I can get for selling my system and maybe I'll get the system. def. going to pick up a controller! Or could wait it out I think my walmart or target still has some halo reach bundles left. I saw them not to long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
:drool: Ahhhh if I get my expected raise, I'm TOTALLY picking this up...Only problem is, I want the Limited Edition swag, and this just comes with a regular ol copy of the game.

320 GB! Whoa.

are there any preorder bonuses for the Limited Edition (the $80 version, not the $150 version)?
I kinda want that Cog Tag...

Console is pretty, should have the skully thing on the front too for those of us that leave our 360 horizontal in a cabinet.

I prefer my electronics to be more "elegant" so I'm personally not really feeling this scheme, it's just too much and I don't like red. From an artsy standpoint it looks good, I wouldn't buy it tho. I'd prefer the regular version gloss/flat black with some Gears logos or art.

Hopefully when this comes out the other standard black versions will go down a bit.

Man im thinking of canceling my LE order and getting the console. Sure i wouldnt get any swag, but it comes with the DLC that you get in the epic edition. I could always sell the extra controller for an easy 50 back.

[quote name='hustletron']I prefer my electronics to be more "elegant" so I'm personally not really feeling this scheme, it's just too much and I don't like red. From an artsy standpoint it looks good, I wouldn't buy it tho. I'd prefer the regular version gloss/flat black with some Gears logos or art.

Hopefully when this comes out the other standard black versions will go down a bit.[/QUOTE]

I feel where you are coming from. I'm the same way. I have the gloss black ps3 xbox wii sitting all nice and pretty. Thanks for helping me snap out of it. I do love the LE System and I would get it if it wasn't at the $400 price point. But for it to be a 2nd xbox in the bedroom I can't drop it like that. But I will be getting at least one controller. ..... Didn't MadCatz get a deal to do Gears of war 3 peripheral? any word on that yet?

Hey when are we going to do a GOW1&2weekend. anyone need help with Insane pm me.

*I did see where they are starting the works on GOW3 Action figures.

So I'm mad now I don't know what to do if it's true! If you buy the controller you will get the DLC: the Infected Omen Weapon pack, skins for the game's starting weapons (the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Gnasher, Hammerburst and Sawed-Off Shotgun) and the Adam Fenix MP skin! So I can get the SD ED at $60 and $60 controller and get all the dlc: of the epic ED. Guess I'll sell it on Ebay or something. get me $5 more then likely.

Ive come around to the 360 this year. Been trying to figure out which system to get, etc. Waited for e3 and maybe a price drop. No luck. Saw the Gears console. Decided I would own it. Saw the Kotaku pics. Decided I would never look back.

horde 2 preview...

Sounds more like horde turned into COD Zombies, with the way you can buy new weapons. Which is kind of a turn off to me. So you earn cash as you play, and can even pay to resurrect yourself if you died. That doesnt really seem Gears to me, like i said it sounds more like COD. :/

[quote name='The 7th Number']horde 2 preview...

Sounds more like horde turned into COD Zombies, with the way you can buy new weapons. Which is kind of a turn off to me. So you earn cash as you play, and can even pay to resurrect yourself if you died. That doesnt really seem Gears to me, like i said it sounds more like COD. :/[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother looking cuz I want it to be a surprise still but that does sound kind of lame, I liked the Horde set up right now. Oh well.

So what's this about the Controller including DLC too? Links??? I'll buy a controller, I need a new one, I've been holding out for so long but if it includes the DLC then it's a done deal for me.

EDIT: I've seen the one posted already on this page, but it just says "aforementioned in-game content" which doesn't really specify WHAT exactly, I guess it would justify the $60 price tag with the inclusion of DLC.......

Pretty sure i read that it comes with the infected omen weapon pack. Would be dumb if it only came with it for one weapon, but i know i read somewhere that it was the infected omen skin or skins.

New Horde actually sounds pretty cool and strategic. I wouldn't mind if they included a "Horde Classic" mode though in case you didn't feel like dealing with any of the money stuff.

The new Horde sounds underwhelming as holy f*ck. The original system was fine as is; there was no reason to CoD Zombie it up when a large majority of fans already own games from that franchise. Buying your way back into the game would have worked wonders for it though while achievement hunting with randoms who let nerd rage get the better of them and quit early every time they die. 9 out of 10 times they were host thus screwing everyone in general.

Since there is sure to be a plethora of unnecessary achievements tied to the mode I pray they give us a choice on both Classic and New Horde otherwise I'll rarely play it. Horde was rarely ever fun for me and these changes are going to make it even more of a chore to play.

Love horde the way it was in GOW2! Don't F with it! The $60 price tag on the controller is what they put on all the LE controllers + it has the changing D-pad!

The only change I wanted for Horde was gradual experience increases so that players have more of an incentive to stick it out through the end. I know it would get weird in social mode, but you also make it so that people aren't essentially mercenaries looking for games with a few waves left. Something like:

Play 5 waves get 200/wave
6-10 250/wave
11-15 300/wave
16-20 350/wave
21-25 400/wave etc. and so forth. Or do it in groups of 10 waves, whatever, but it sucks when everyone quits on you, especially in ranked mode where no one else can join in. Or hell, just do that for ranked mode and social mode gets the usual 200/wave or whatever it is.

[quote name='knightsmith']No it's not a rumor. it has 2 player and 4 player co-op campaign[/QUOTE]

4 player co-op?? Is it separate smaller bit from the main story or do 4 friends play through the main story together. I should probably just look it up.

Looked it up. Main story annnnd a competitive version of campaign mode after you beat it. Very nice.

Tripods for cameras aren't expensive. And that video didn't need [awful] music, like every other YouTube video.

Seeing all of the character skins does make me wonder if they'll make them available off the marketplace later. They never did that with the gold weapons from Gears of War 2, though.

Also, good to see Thrashball Cole is grayed out for selection unless the Beta save file is present. If that was locked, though, I wonder why the pre-order skins weren't locked as well. Surely he does not have access to the pre-order codes.

Someone elsewhere suggested the crimson omen sound is from when you are downed, not that I can think of what the sound is.

I was personally hoping for the sounds from when you find an article/note.

This is really, the only game I'm genuinely excited for.

I could care less about MW3 or Battlefield, Gears is gonna be the tits this Fall to Holiday season.

[quote name='hustletron']This is really, the only game I'm genuinely excited for.

I could care less about MW3 or Battlefield, Gears is gonna be the tits this Fall to Holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Those 5 weeks are gonna be great.

Seriously though, I'm curious to see how Gears 3 is going to sell. I thought the beta was mediocre, Gears 2 left a sour taste in people's mouths, and it has some serious fucking competition this year. Gears 2 launched with World at War as competition, but it was nowhere near as successfull as MW3 will be, combined with a new BF game that isn't Bad Company. They may slide by though because it is coming out a bit sooner.

I heard the pre-order numbers were really good too, so what do I know.

Pre-order numbers were likely boosted by the attached demo code, so we'll see what happens. Gears 2 was loads of fun, especially MP when they fixed it later. Epic has my money for sure, regardless.

[quote name='knightsmith']I think I will get this and not the Gears 3 xbox360.

here is a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/officialgcon

Pre-order at gamestop $90.
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/acc...-edition/91007[/QUOTE]

That shell is very much not my style, but its good to see some options. and the controller hang is good for those with room.

After seeing which sounds will come out of the Gears 360 Im more excited for it. Is that bad?

[quote name='basilofbkrst']That shell is very much not my style, but its good to see some options. and the controller hang is good for those with room.

After seeing which sounds will come out of the Gears 360 Im more excited for it. Is that bad?[/QUOTE]

Haha no, ive been mocked for telling people how it makes special sounds. But i still think its awesome and want one bad!

[quote name='basilofbkrst']That shell is very much not my style, but its good to see some options. and the controller hang is good for those with room.

After seeing which sounds will come out of the Gears 360 Im more excited for it. Is that bad?[/QUOTE]

I feel ya. I really don't know if I like it or not. I think I do bc the wife said no to the new 360.

[quote name='Trakan']Those 5 weeks are gonna be great.

Seriously though, I'm curious to see how Gears 3 is going to sell. I thought the beta was mediocre, Gears 2 left a sour taste in people's mouths, and it has some serious fucking competition this year. Gears 2 launched with World at War as competition, but it was nowhere near as successfull as MW3 will be, combined with a new BF game that isn't Bad Company. They may slide by though because it is coming out a bit sooner.

I heard the pre-order numbers were really good too, so what do I know.[/QUOTE]

Dont forget that people with PS3 along side their 360s (which is, surprisingly, most people) will also have Uncharted 3 competing for consumer's $60.

[quote name='Organization_XIII']Dont forget that people with PS3 along side their 360s (which is, surprisingly, most people) will also have Uncharted 3 competing for consumer's $60.[/QUOTE]

I had some fun with U2's MP, but as much as Uncharted fans want to believe this, it's not true. Nobody is buying Uncharted over any of those three games for the MP.

[quote name='hustletron']This is really, the only game I'm genuinely excited for.

I could care less about MW3 or Battlefield, Gears is gonna be the tits this Fall to Holiday season.[/QUOTE]

Amen. This and Skyrim is what I'm looking forward to the most this year. If Bioshock Infinite were coming out though it would trump them both hands down. I still have the first game play trailer saved on my Xbox and if they added MP you couldn't keep me away from it. I'm probably one of the few who actually enjoyed it in Bioshock 2.

[quote name='Trakan']I had some fun with U2's MP, but as much as Uncharted fans want to believe this, it's not true. Nobody is buying Uncharted over any of those three games for the MP.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so sure. TONS of people revere Uncharted 2 as one of the best games ever. Not me though, but I'm sure U3 will be giving the other shooters a run for their money.

bread's done
Back