Gears of War PC $32.90 GoGamer Madness

the email has this:

BlackFriday_455px.jpg

with no other explanation

I'm giddy with anticipation

Gears is well worth the money, especially if you have a system that can run it at 60fps.

Culpa Innata is tempting at that price. been forever since I've played an adventure game.

and man, if 48 hour madness is kick ass almost every single time it goes up, I fear what their black friday sale will bring :lol:

Don't forget that the PC version of Gears is running on an UPDATED version of the UR Engine, and also has an additional act with 5 brand new chapters, one of which is fighting the Brumak.

Full dialogue, as well. You also get more achievements to unlock if you play with a gamertag.

and what time zone is that 12am for? please be the east coast so I don't have to stay up till 12 :pray:

That looks like the Euro version of Gears in the link. It didn't get edited for overseas, did it? I've heard Germany and other places have some stricter rules about violence in videogames.

[quote name='Skexis']That looks like the Euro version of Gears in the link. It didn't get edited for overseas, did it? I've heard Germany and other places have some stricter rules about violence in videogames.[/quote]

I agree, if it isn't the euro version they are selling I hope they change the pic...As it stands now they appear to be selling a euro version evidenced in the pic.

[quote name='Apossum']and what time zone is that 12am for? please be the east coast so I don't have to stay up till 12 :pray:[/quote]
You might be out of luck...

48 Hour Madness countdown is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST)
(email disclaimer)

So it is more then likely that their Black Friday will be as well.

If I wasn't a racist, I'd pick up that imported version of Gears.

Well, if I wasn't a racist, and if I hadn't already gotten it.

48 Hour Madness countdown is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST)

ah feck. well, go easy on her until we wake up west coasters ;)

hopefully they'll have a $19.99 bioshock PC. and hopefully it'll be available after I wake up.

[quote name='odhen']Uhh...

Why is it "Black Friday" 24 hour Madness if it's from 12-12 on Thursday?[/QUOTE]

I think it's saying its midnight thursday night til midnight friday night.

Wow, nice deal on Gears of War there. I was gonna skip over that one this Christmas, but not at the price. Thanks, OP.

What does Marcus Fenix think of the deals in the OP? "Nice."

What does he think of staying up until 2AM for the black Friday deals? "Shit."

Wow the internet and ambiguity. I finally contacted GoGamer.com and was informed the copy of GOW they are selling for PC is INDEED an import.

I love gogamer, one time they sent me the wrong game and I was on the phone for less than 2 minutes and they told me to keep the first game and then priorty mailed the correct one.

[quote name='seen']Wow the internet and ambiguity. I finally contacted GoGamer.com and was informed the copy of GOW they are selling for PC is INDEED an import.[/QUOTE]

The "(I)" always means import on gogamer.

I'm not sure what the issue with an import copy is anyway. They're usually in regular DVD cases which I really like.

Only possible issue I can think of is if the DRM scheme is somehow region locked...but in that case you shouldn't be buying the game anyway.

Well, and also you need to double check how the import version's DRM works, as it might be worse (or better) than the U.S. version. GoGamer sells stuff that would get an A.O. rating here too, which is pretty cool. Like an uncensored Indigo Prophecy back in the day, etc.

Ekk! I can't wait, just a few more hours... :booty:

:EDIT: Blak nm, I just saw what they'll be offering in the BF mega thread. Nothing worth killing your self over. Only good deal there is perhaps ET: Quake Wars for $20; which I'm not intrested in.

bread's done
Back