General Clan Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
they basically cant teleport and you dont have to worry about people coming from that direction unless they take the vent up or they waste valuable time or rockets running up and moving the ghost.

[quote name='Girion47']they basically cant teleport and you dont have to worry about people coming from that direction unless they take the vent up or they waste valuable time or rockets running up and moving the ghost.[/quote]

Yeah, I've run into this a couple of times, and it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with. Especially since it's so high up.

Except a lot of bitching and complaining about it if we use it.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Girion47']they basically cant teleport and you dont have to worry about people coming from that direction unless they take the vent up or they waste valuable time or rockets running up and moving the ghost.[/quote]

Yeah, I've run into this a couple of times, and it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with. Especially since it's so high up.

Except a lot of bitching and complaining about it if we use it.[/quote]

Perfect, lets do it then. :lol:

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Girion47']they basically cant teleport and you dont have to worry about people coming from that direction unless they take the vent up or they waste valuable time or rockets running up and moving the ghost.[/quote]

Perfect, lets do it then. :lol:[/quote]

I knew someone was going to say that, and you're the first person who came to mind, DJ. :D

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='greendj27'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Girion47']they basically cant teleport and you dont have to worry about people coming from that direction unless they take the vent up or they waste valuable time or rockets running up and moving the ghost.[/quote]

Perfect, lets do it then. :lol:[/quote]

I knew someone was going to say that, and you're the first person who came to mind, DJ. :D[/quote]
Hmm it could become useful somehow if we use it lol.

I will try to be on tonight. Its been busy for me I have interviews and looking for a career and I play Halo in my spare time. So if I am not on a lot don't hold it against me. :)

[quote name='BlackTiger']I will try to be on tonight. Its been busy for me I have interviews and looking for a career and I play Halo in my spare time. So if I am not on a lot don't hold it against me. :)[/quote]

don't mean to give you a rude welcome tiger, but this clan is for people who can play several times a week. if you're only going to be able to make it on rarely, you should probably find an even more casual one and save yourself a hassle here. if you are able to play regularly, awesome.

Well i played like crap early in the night, decided to take a break for some burnout, then me, jimmie, rock, and pimp, tore it up in team skirmish, we even beat people who sucked at cheating, like they tried to cheat but we still beat them 2-0

Hey whats up, i just got added to the private discussion. im going to buy burnout three maybe today, and ive been told its worth it, if anybodys interested in playing me then just send me an invite, though im not that good.

by the way i must admit that my jump tag custom game didnt go so well yesterday, i felt it wasnt good enough on a training level. same thing for demo derby, im going to fine tune some custom training games, and then play a little chess, the worlds only turn-based CTF game in halo, the best for tactical training

you'll have to explain this "chess" game, it sounds interesting. and yeah, our custom games have kind of devolved into fun chaos; i'd like to get back on track a bit, so if anyone can think of anything specific that they want to work on, let me know.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']you'll have to explain this "chess" game, it sounds interesting. and yeah, our custom games have kind of devolved into fun chaos; i'd like to get back on track a bit, so if anyone can think of anything specific that they want to work on, let me know.[/quote]

Work on tossing the flag on the roof on Coag and maybe Waterworks if its possible.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']you'll have to explain this "chess" game, it sounds interesting. and yeah, our custom games have kind of devolved into fun chaos; i'd like to get back on track a bit, so if anyone can think of anything specific that they want to work on, let me know.[/quote]

Work on tossing the flag on the roof on Coag and maybe Waterworks if its possible.[/quote]

I'll second that one. Flag bounce on Colossus wouldn't be a bad thing to practice either, since we had it work for us last night on Team Skirmish and we're not quite sure how we did it.

well there are a couple of things i see a lack of, the previously mentioned are some but i also see a strange lack of grenade, and rocket jumping, i think we should spend a good game or so working on it.

i also have created a larger number of custom games fit to train, and hone the most general and improtant skills to playing halo 2. the games are as follows

1.Tac Sim 1 - coagulation slayer, in which you have a limited amout of lives, and the only weapon you have is a plasma pistol, the map weapons are sniper rifles , and the only way to win would be to retrieve the sniper rifles and use them accordingly, no grenades, or vehicles so that the main focus of the game is on taking cover, and how to advance undetected against a very perceptive enemy

2. Fiestanaut- more than the name applies, because what the main goal of the one life, four round game is how to analyze your strengths and weaknesses on the battlefield, and how to determine whether or not to engage your foe or not, whether or not to go in close with a pistol only to whip out a shotgun. this game is the part 2 of chess, and youll find out later

3. Jump tag- an oddball match against a very fast and invisible target, with absolutley no ranged weapons at all. the focus of this is how to catch up against an enemy, thought the use of shortcuts, and grenade hopping. the enemy is not on the radar, and there is no icon, so youll have to be in pursuit to get your goal.

4. Demolition Derby - not really much to talk about since what this does is make it so that the only way to score a kill is with keen driving, since on foot combat is rendered useless. no teamwork so this will be strictly splatter kills, for the most part.

5. CHESS - the more or less focus of this discussion chess would be a zanzibar assault with one life, but the catch is that the defense is given a certain amount of time to prep a good defense, without retrieving any weapons on the other side of the cog, the offense is given one good solid push for each round, and no vehicles are allowed, but the key to this is that the defense must remain stationary, so no left thumbstick the entire time the offense is attacking. also it is recomended that the opposing team be destroyed before capturing the flag. thus the roles would change with each round.

any other question can and will be answered, so if your interested in playing, just let me know. :twisted:

[quote name='Ozzkev55']Hey whats up, i just got added to the private discussion. im going to buy burnout three maybe today, and ive been told its worth it, if anybodys interested in playing me then just send me an invite, though im not that good.

by the way i must admit that my jump tag custom game didnt go so well yesterday, i felt it wasnt good enough on a training level. same thing for demo derby, im going to fine tune some custom training games, and then play a little chess, the worlds only turn-based CTF game in halo, the best for tactical training[/quote]
Heh, I am also thinking about buying it today, sounds like a fun game.

i forgot to mention is i modified jump tage to have multiple balls, to discourage close quaters competion, and i make the oddball, invisible to make tracking and chasing just a tinch more difficult. i also changed demo derby to exclude wratihs, and banshees, and instead incorporate warthogs and ghosts, on probably a more open board

and one more thing, mainly for housekeeping, is i would like to know whom of the halo 2 clan has the following games that way i can send invite to whomever if they ever want to play anything other than halo or burnout. so just post back with whatever of the following you own( AND PLAY)

1.Star Wars: Battlefront
2.Rainbow Six 3: Regular
3.Top Spin
4.Ghost Recon
5.Ghost Recon 2
6.Splinter Cell: PT

i know alot of you have these but if ever you want to play any of these well then you know who to send a message to....probably someone :twisted: else :twisted: :twisted:

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']you'll have to explain this "chess" game, it sounds interesting. and yeah, our custom games have kind of devolved into fun chaos; i'd like to get back on track a bit, so if anyone can think of anything specific that they want to work on, let me know.[/quote]

Work on tossing the flag on the roof on Coag and maybe Waterworks if its possible.[/quote]

I'll second that one. Flag bounce on Colossus wouldn't be a bad thing to practice either, since we had it work for us last night on Team Skirmish and we're not quite sure how we did it.[/quote]

Whatcha talking about old timer? I knew exactly how I did it.

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='zewone'][quote name='rocksolidaudio']you'll have to explain this "chess" game, it sounds interesting. and yeah, our custom games have kind of devolved into fun chaos; i'd like to get back on track a bit, so if anyone can think of anything specific that they want to work on, let me know.[/quote]

I'll second that one. Flag bounce on Colossus wouldn't be a bad thing to practice either, since we had it work for us last night on Team Skirmish and we're not quite sure how we did it.[/quote]

Whatcha talking about old timer? I knew exactly how I did it.[/quote]

Then I know you'll be happy to show us old farts that don't play much CTF on Colossus. :p

i got rainbow six 3 regular.

I do think we should definatly work on things like bomb and flag skills. like not everyone has the brains to drop the bomb and kill the guy rather then gain 2 extra feat just running and dying. simple things like that and routes ext. with flags/bomb yea flag throwing is a must and can win or lose a game like throwing it on lockout, or throwing it up a ledge on headlong, it is very useful. skills need to be defined not just assumed.

I am probably going to rent or buy Burnout 3 tomorrow or the next day if anyone wants to play.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Yea I just bought Burnout 3 like last week so if Acid gets it and Ozz gets it send me a PM and we can play.[/quote]
bought it last week. when i get home, i'll send you guys a friend request, so we can play. that game is so much damn fun.

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']i got rainbow six 3 regular.

I do think we should definatly work on things like bomb and flag skills. like not everyone has the brains to drop the bomb and kill the guy rather then gain 2 extra feat just running and dying. simple things like that and routes ext. with flags/bomb yea flag throwing is a must and can win or lose a game like throwing it on lockout, or throwing it up a ledge on headlong, it is very useful. skills need to be defined not just assumed.[/quote]

dark is pretty dead on, but i would also like to raise a certain philosophy that might just change a view on how to play. for instance team slayer isnt about how many kills you get, but rather how many the other team didnt get. two good vet teams could spend a full ten minutes using all of their strategic power and still only end up with 25 kills, but there key to winning was that they beat the other team by 25 kills, not shooting every enemy they saw, and fighting in a tactical manner got them the win, and they dont stand a chance of losing, so long as they fight those who refuse to think tactically. this is a little rick i picked up playing starcraft, and its application is universal. we need to practice, and that might not include having fun at the same time, my custom games werent knock outs, but if you played them enoguh, while trying to reach your full potential, you would see that you were building specific skills too. today ill play some of my custom games with whomever is serious about training, which will probably include me, narnian, acid, and maybe rock, because he doesnt really fool around with practice. now im not trying not to have fun, but i am trying to bring up team standings, so that we can be even more obnoixous, and really bug the hell out of anyone we fight. oh and if anybody has starcraft let me know, because its one of my pc treasures to the likes of which i prioritize over halo. see you on the battlefield :twisted:

Ozzkev - I really like these ideas you have and it is quite impressive of a new member to be coming up with stuff like this and can see our clan weaknesses very early. I would be glad to practice some of this stuff with you today.

[quote name='D4rkN1ght']rather how many the other team didnt get. [/quote]

i've just started playing with this in mind while doing team slayer matches. i am so used to going balls out in rumble pit. you have to keep your head a little more in team slayer and use the advantage of having teammates. this has become the #1 reason i only play team matchmaking with fellow CAG. I find that 50% of non CAG team matchmaking games end in disaster...mainly due to 1 or more fucktards who happen to be thrown into your party of random asshats...leaving you the only competent player on the team :wink:

[quote name='"gaelan"'][quote name='Ozzkev55'][quote name='D4rkN1ght']rather how many the other team didnt get. [/quote]

i've just started playing with this in mind while doing team slayer matches. i am so used to going balls out in rumble pit. you have to keep your head a little more in team slayer and use the advantage of having teammates. this has become the #1 reason i only play team matchmaking with fellow CAG. I find that 50% of non CAG team matchmaking games end in disaster...mainly due to 1 or more fucktards who happen to be thrown into your party of random asshats...leaving you the only competent player on the team :wink:[/quote]
50%? Usually 75% for me because teammates usually end up killing me. :roll:

[quote name='"Gauss"'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='Ozzkev55'][quote name='D4rkN1ght']rather how many the other team didnt get. [/quote]

i've just started playing with this in mind while doing team slayer matches. i am so used to going balls out in rumble pit. you have to keep your head a little more in team slayer and use the advantage of having teammates. this has become the #1 reason i only play team matchmaking with fellow CAG. I find that 50% of non CAG team matchmaking games end in disaster...mainly due to 1 or more fucktards who happen to be thrown into your party of random asshats...leaving you the only competent player on the team :wink:[/quote]
50%? Usually 75% for me because teammates usually end up killing me. :roll:[/quote]

well most people don’t really take advantage of having an extra three people in team slayer as opposed to just one. the main strength is communication, which I find a strange lack of in regular matchmaking. communication when properly applied, is more powerful than a players skill within itself. to be able to create a visual map of where everybody is using reconnaissance, and the ability to engage in a flanking, or a feinting maneuver, as well as to surround your opponent. most people know this but they don’t actually do this, rather they create a rather weak wolf pack. I am not quoting but rather basing a statement from crew 116's book on halo 2, when i say that a wolf pack sets themselves up for splash damage, and shooting each other in the back, if distance, reconnaissance, roles, and placement are not properly applied, which they usually aren’t. I am going to directly quote a piece of literature written hundreds of years ago, by a strategic genius known as sun Tzu, as written in his flagship novel, "The Art Of War"

The rules for making war are:
If you outnumber enemy forces ten to one, surround them
If you outnumber them five to one, attack them
If you outnumber them two to one, divide them
If you are equal, find a advantageous battle
If you are fewer, defend against them
If you are much weaker, evade them

Ill leave it up to you to interpret this into a more practical application before a post back, but just remember this is more than just some cold blooded shit to say before you pop a cap in someone’s ass.

see you on the battlefield...at 10 est. :twisted:
P.S I ran it through spell check so I am good now

Never knew that, pretty cool info. Yeah they usually dont take advantage of the 3 extra people on there team, and they go off and try to kill other people by themselves, it works sometimes and other times it doesnt work at all.

Well at least we know we are gonna have more than 1 new map in the next downloadable content. It talks about it in the new weekly update

"I can tell you that the downloadable content is rad. Which is weak, I admit. I can also tell you that more than one of the new levels has a tree in it. And I have two favorite maps – one for graphics and one for gameplay."

So there is at least 2 new maps which is cool. Also it says that they are gonna fix the red wins thing too

[quote name='murcielago77']Well at least we know we are gonna have more than 1 new map in the next downloadable content. It talks about it in the new weekly update

"I can tell you that the downloadable content is rad. Which is weak, I admit. I can also tell you that more than one of the new levels has a tree in it. And I have two favorite maps – one for graphics and one for gameplay."

So there is at least 2 new maps which is cool. Also it says that they are gonna fix the red wins thing too[/quote]

is that official, if so please continue

see you on the battlefield 10 pm est :twisted:

oh thank you

if anybody wants a good read then please go to your local amazon website, library, or barnes and noble, and purchase the following

Sun Tzu's The Art Of War
Crew 116's Unathorized Halo 2 Battle Guide
Zapp Brannigan's Big Book Of War

im a strategy freak so anything i say will pretty much involve it.if anybody wants a good strategy game, these are the ones in my collection

Starcraft
Starcraft: brood war
Gettysburg
Anteitam
Warcraft II: tides of darkness
Warcraft II: beyond the dark portal
Alpha Centauri
Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun
Battle Of Waterloo
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: New Saga
Rise Of Nations
Rise Of Nations: Thrones & Patriots
Stronghold: Crusaders
Kessen II
Homeworld
Sim City 3000
That Jurassic Park Real Time Strategy( not genesis, that other one)

if you dont like stategy thats cool too, cause halo gods like zewone, and arikado already know what their doing.note the only reasons i posted these was because i didnt want to waste a post on oh, thank you.

oh and if anybody honestly wants to play my chess game in a serious attemt of training please post back, i need an 8 player minimum. ill be playing my custom games at 10 so if anybodys up for some training then just join.
see you on the battlefield 10 pm est :twisted:

[quote name='Ozzkev55'][quote name='murcielago77']Well at least we know we are gonna have more than 1 new map in the next downloadable content. It talks about it in the new weekly update

So there is at least 2 new maps which is cool. Also it says that they are gonna fix the red wins thing too[/quote]

see you on the battlefield 10 pm est :twisted:[/quote]
Bungie made a smart move making more then one map :wink: .

[quote name='Gauss'][quote name='Ozzkev55'][quote name='murcielago77']Well at least we know we are gonna have more than 1 new map in the next downloadable content. It talks about it in the new weekly update

see you on the battlefield 10 pm est :twisted:[/quote]
Bungie made a smart move making more then one map :wink: .[/quote]
we should definetly play the boards to death once they come out to get aquainted with them. it would be a pretty damn good advantage to be good at a board, when everybody else sucks. we can definetly raise our levels easily if we practice a pouporri of scenarios(maybe chess), then go into matchmaking with an iron fist.

by the way i have worked out the bugs in the custom games we played yesterday, i think chess needs a little work to make it a little more useful, but ill work on it.i also created three new custom games
Team Jump Tag
Sniper Chess
Derby On Acid( as per request by gauss)

see you on the battlefield, probably not today :twisted:

any idea on when those damn updates will come out? i wish they would just give a date and not change it. I am DOWN i really want to play some BOARING TRAINING, agaqinst what people think if you play lose play lose play lose you dont get that much better training specifics is MUCH more effective, im down i am goin on right now actually so just send me an invite.

We got ass raped twice in a row by the same guys tonight in major clanmatch...Seriously, they pulled our pants down and sodomized us, it was that bad. I'm not even gonna post the stats because those games took away a little piece of soul and any self-respect I had left...you can look it up if you want, but I'm warning you, if you do, you may never want to play Halo 2 again.

The worst part is: we didn't even phase them. We were their warm-up round.

When a team talks shit, you have the oppurtunity to retaliate verbally. But when they don't say a word (or are even nice about it), it's like you don't even register in their heads. While you're fighting frantically in the hopes of killing them just once, they're thinking about what they'll have for breakfast tomorrow. And whe they say "good game" in the post-game lobby, it's as though they're pitying you. They might as well say, "It's ok, it's over now."

[quote name='Ledhed']I don't know if posting these stats counts as masochism or catharsis. Probably both, I suppose.

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=96321832&player=LedheD 01

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=96392705&player=LedheD 01

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=96402242&player=LedheD 01

Why couldn't we have played these guys 3 times in one night?[/quote]

well if anything a loss is just as good as a win, because then you can see what made you lose, and what made you win. there has to be a specific tactic that was superior to the(well less face it)weaker tactic if any you employed at all. im pretty sure if we practice as a time, with coordination, as opposed to saying here’s a scenario run free, then we can toast the competition. if your opponents just beat you on sheer skill than that will make victory all the more sweet the next time. sheer skill, though intimidating, is easily defeat able, using a skill even the weakest of player have, communication. at the risk of sounding like a synchronized swimming coach, I will say that we need to practice certain routines that we can use. i can think of it in the way that the most powerful of martial arts make look like a freestyle of woo ping moves on screen when in actually they are a series of responses, to certain situations. what you can do is make it so that every variability within the game, such as a sneak attack, can be protected against, and set a chain reaction of specific maneuvers that will make us unstoppable. but then again i use that in loose terms since coordination can be stopped by evolution. the best of opponents will work not on himself but on his opponent, adapt to there skills there routines, find and use a flaw to the highest of extents. luckily for you is that in a cult game such as halo, in a below twenty level, this is an opponent rarely faced, but you can be that opponent. ill make a new custom game for it, if you guys don’t want to get your asses handed to you, then i suggest you adapt instead of waiting for the crappiest team, and then capitalizing on that. if anybody wants to improve their skills, then join one of my custom games. if you want to have fun, then by all means do, because that’s what they made the game for. ill see you on the battlefield, definitely :twisted:

[quote name='murcielago77']Well at least we know we are gonna have more than 1 new map in the next downloadable content. It talks about it in the new weekly update

Yesssssssssss.

[quote name='Ozzkev55'][quote name='Ledhed']I don't know if posting these stats counts as masochism or catharsis. Probably both, I suppose.

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=96321832&player=LedheD 01

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=96392705&player=LedheD 01

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=96402242&player=LedheD 01

Why couldn't we have played these guys 3 times in one night?[/quote]

if anybody wants to improve their skills, then join one of my custom games. if you want to have fun, then by all means do, because that’s what they made the game for. ill see you on the battlefield, definitely :twisted:[/quote]

i have a preposition that would require 3 other clan members, which would be a pretty good training program. you see, i make these custom games, and well the lenth of time, they are played, as well as the inconsistencies in who plays them, they really dont work to there intentions. if i could, however create a team of four that would be intirely familiar with each others strengths and weaknesses, then we could definetly improve all around teamwork. this training regiment would deal mainly with custom games, and team training games. i would gladly put aside time to organize a practice schedule, that would definety push our team to our full capabilities. just remember you do not necessarily be good, or diverse in special tactics to join( though both are really good to start with), the only prerequisite, would be dedication. i perfect team requires time, so tha means if you get invited to an elite clanmatch game, you would have to prioritze your training above that. we would have scheduled times as not to interfere with rock's general clan schedule, but we could also play whenever the team, or half of it was online. if you are really interested just post back, and i will make not of it. if it is less than four then i will scrap the program, it will disappear like narnians essay post,. if it is perfect than i continue, if there are more than i will decide based upon whom i think would be more dedicated, but i would still use you in practice, and as a backup. im willing to put in the work, to make a team which i can garuntee to wipe the floors clean with, so long as i have a team with the same amount of dedication. so just post back with a reply.
see you on the battlefield :twisted:

[quote name='Ozzkev55']
If i could, however create a team of four that would be intirely familiar with each others strengths and weaknesses, then we could definetly improve all around teamwork. [/quote]

As a clan we lack strategy and teamwork, which more than often cuts the legs out from right under us during matches. We have the talent, we just don't utilize it to its maximum potential. A leader has to emerge from our ranks and take control, and it seems Ozzkev maybe just the man for the job. I once had the same ambition as Ozzkev to regiment our members for the same reasons mentioned in his above post, unfortunately there wasn't much support behind the idea. This is a venture that requires time and dedication but the end result is indeed priceless. Although this is only the first step towards our clans evolution, I say its about damned time. Time to get serious ladies, and take our game to the next level.

Ozzkev, you have my allegiance. :twoguns:

[quote name='Crymson'][quote name='Ozzkev55']
If i could, however create a team of four that would be intirely familiar with each others strengths and weaknesses, then we could definetly improve all around teamwork. [/quote]

As a clan we lack strategy and teamwork, which more than often cuts the legs out from right under us during matches. We have the talent, we just don't utilize it to its maximum potential. A leader has to emerge from our ranks and take control, and it seems Ozzkev maybe just the man for the job. I once had the same ambition as Ozzkev to regiment our members for the same reasons mentioned in his above post, unfortunately there wasn't much support behind the idea. This is a venture that requires time and dedication but the end result is indeed priceless. Although this is only the first step towards our clans evolution, I say its about damned time. Time to get serious ladies, and take our game to the next level.

Ozzkev, you have my allegiance. :twoguns:[/quote]

thank you crymson, you have just the initiative that is required, all we need now is two more :?:
see you on the battlefield crymson, at 10pm est :twisted:

I looked at the clan stats and better be careful cause the 10 is almost gonna be a 9 soon.

Sadly nobody was on all afternoon from this clan. I played 2 hours and the only guy on was Samurai but he was in menu. :(

I already tried to do it with the Grunts. Inosuck has dissapeared and the elites stole Green from us. but me, shrike, and Pimpinc333 are always ready for some small team stuff

. so if youre definetly in girion47, i only need one more, but this requires dedication, because i will put a lot of time into this training regiment, al i ask is that you be there, and your rewards will be great.
see you on the battlefield,crymson,girion, at 10pm est :twisted:

[quote name='Girion47']I already tried to do it with the Grunts. Inosuck has dissapeared and the elites stole Green from us. but me, shrike, and Pimpinc333 are always ready for some small team stuff[/quote]

Damn right we are. As well as jlarlee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back