General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Are you serious?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

P.S. Anyone want to gameshare it with me for free? I kind of want to try it :D

"Fat Princess is easily the best current gen game of this generation. Download or otherwise. But it's not worth $15"

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhh I get it now. Weren't you the guy w/ the Sonic avatar and you thought Sonic Adventures was the best game ever?

[quote name='mykevermin']Who is BoA?[/QUOTE]
She's a Korean singer who is really popular in Japan. She recently released an American album. I've been a fan of hers for years.

[quote name='dallow']It's not Boards of Canada, that's for sure. :([/QUOTE]

Boards of America

and every time I write "BoC," some smart ass says "oh you're into blue oyster cult?" :lol:

I'm done working at THQ! Woohoo! I worked there a month doing nonstop OT. But, it was nice I basically got paid to play:

Braid (finished it! Awesome game)
Castle Crashers (almost finished it... overrated)
Peggle (Finished! I never understood why people liked this game (first few levels are lame) but after playing the entire thing - I LOVE IT! Great time waster)
Splosion Man (Finished! Game is friggen hard - but satisfying.)
Worms (Played a bunch. Eh, no more of these...)
Turtles in Time (Almost finished. Not worth ten bucks (although I got it for free) the graphics make you feel like there should be more depth, but there isnt.)

All in all, it was a pretty easy ass job. To bad they are closing the QA department...
-----
@FP - Fat Princess is good. I started off hating it and regretted spending money on it, but once you have a good team together and you understand all the mechanics - it gets pretty fun. Play the priest.

Isn't he in the process of actually doing that? They're going above the standard price in the UK and the PC version of MW2 is $60 over here, not the usual $50.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm done working at THQ! Woohoo! I worked there a month doing nonstop OT. But, it was nice I basically got paid to play:

Braid (finished it! Awesome game)
Castle Crashers (almost finished it... overrated)
Peggle (Finished! I never understood why people liked this game (first few levels are lame) but after playing the entire thing - I LOVE IT! Great time waster)
Splosion Man (Finished! Game is friggen hard - but satisfying.)
Worms (Played a bunch. Eh, no more of these...)
Turtles in Time (Almost finished. Not worth ten bucks (although I got it for free) the graphics make you feel like there should be more depth, but there isnt.)

All in all, it was a pretty easy ass job. To bad they are closing the QA department...[/QUOTE]
In what other dimension were any of those published by THQ?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Isn't he in the process of actually doing that? They're going above the standard price in the UK and the PC version of MW2 is $60 over here, not the usual $50.[/QUOTE]
And you people will keep buying the games too.

[quote name='Brak']In what other dimension were any of those published by THQ?[/QUOTE]
When your 360 dev-kit is able to add funds for free... dimension.

Hah, you too? I like that blob thing in BlazBlue, I don't even remember his name though. But he can float, and poison people or something. I like him and the android, those guys are pawn. I like Ultimate Alucard though, she's annoying to fight -_-

[quote name='DarkNessBear']When your 360 dev-kit is able to add funds for free... dimension.[/QUOTE]
Give me some free games, somehow.

[quote name='seanr1221']Bear, you still want Red Faction?[/QUOTE]
Yea. THQ are such Nazi's about selling their games to employees. I'm finally eligible to purchase them myself - but they said it would take two weeks after my money order for me to receive the game. Which makes no sense because they have the games on sight...

Did you cml?

[quote name='Brak']Give me some free games, somehow.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I friggen wish. But, transferring funds/games is impossible - especially from Dev Kits (that is why if you can get your hand on a DK you should - can't play retail games though).

[quote name='seanr1221']Just did. I'll trade it for infamous :)

PM me your address and I'll send it out Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, not sure if I'm willing to get rid of inFAMOUS just yet. But, I'll send it in a couple days.

Also anyone that is interested in FAT PRINCESS. I have it on a separate account and am willing to gameshare it (real CAGS only and those that would be committed to trading more in the future).

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']She's a Korean singer who is really popular in Japan. She recently released an American album. I've been a fan of hers for years.[/QUOTE]

You would do that.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Dude, I friggen wish. But, transferring funds/games is impossible - especially from Dev Kits (that is why if you can get your hand on a DK you should - can't play retail games though).[/QUOTE]
I'd settle for Microsoft Points, or free PSN gameshare. Or maybe even some concealed cash.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's been on the US store for about two hours now.[/QUOTE]

Damnit. started the EU download like 5 minutes ago. Looks like its gonna take foreeeeeeeeeeever.

Awesome timing though. My collection of Batman tpbs came in today:

The Killing Joke Special edition
The Long Halloween
Batman Hush vol 1+2
(and the death of captain america, but he just doesn't fit in)

[quote name='seanr1221']No, you can't be serious.[/QUOTE]

From ShackNews:

1. Assassin's Creed - $29.99
  2. BioShock - $29.99
  3. Call of Duty 2 - $29.99
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $29.99
  5. Mass Effect - $19.99
  6. Need for Speed Carbon - $19.99
  7. Sonic the Hedgehog - $19.99
  8. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $29.99
  9. Viva Pinata - $19.99

The EU demo's 400 MBs larger, so it'll take longer to finish.

Edit: Sonic should be free since anyone that pays $20 for it is insane. Plus, you're stuck with it and can't sell it or toss it in the trash.

Those XBL GoD prices are sure head scratchers. I'm wondering who is buying all this over-priced digital content? I need to find a lazyassgamers or richassgamers site so I can find out who these people are.

Those prices are shitty. Real shitty.

Should be $20 across the board. I guess they are probably getting pressure from retail not to undercut them - the prices are likely based on the absolute highest prices being charged by any retailer they give a damn about, and given the way Wal-Mart lags in price drops, I'm guessing they're not eager to see them put competing product on their own store for $20.

I'm sure Sony and Nintendo would be doing the same, because they have the same retail pressures put on them - they can't undercut the people who currently buy 99% of their product and 100% of their hardware to sell in their stores. It's just not going to happen, for any of them.

It works on Steam because retail doesn't give a fuck about PC games, but Wal-Mart's buyers probably think they can still buy and sell copies of Call of Duty 2 for $30 this christmas, and those other games at those prices.

There are arguments that digital distribution actually doesn't cannibalize sales from retail. The market is segmented between customers used to the peace of mind of owning a physical copy and making purchases in a B&M store, and those people who want the "convenience" and "speed" of getting the item right away.

The prices may be a nod towards retail B&M that the intent isn't to undercut sales, but really, the prices exist because there people out there willing to pay them. If sales didn't match the cost of maintaining the servers and bandwidth required to store and distribute content, then obviously Microsoft would have to lower the prices.

In any case, it's a learning pains process and while it doesn't make sense from a consumer's "best value" perspective (IMO the advantages of DD don't justify the current asking prices), it's up to the market to dictate where the prices go from here.

Yeah, high prices on DD aren't going away. We know it's too high, but I'd say 90% of the gaming population doesn't. And sales to them will make up for us not buying them.

[quote name='Maklershed']From ShackNews:

1. Assassin's Creed - $29.99
  2. BioShock - $29.99
  3. Call of Duty 2 - $29.99
  4. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga - $29.99
  5. Mass Effect - $19.99
  6. Need for Speed Carbon - $19.99
  7. Sonic the Hedgehog - $19.99
  8. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - $29.99
  9. Viva Pinata - $19.99
[/QUOTE]

Dear god...

[quote name='pete5883']When I torque'd & longshotted him, I'd eventually have to run far, at least partially through the darkness. While I'm running, he'd always either chaingun me to death, or I'd be stuck in the darkness when the Kryll get me. By staying around the one piece of cover near the entrance, I was always in the light, and never out of cover for very long.

I guess going from cover to cover would've been a good idea instead of one long run, but then I'd run even more risk of being in the darkness at the wrong time. All I know is, my successful strategy worked the first time, and I had died at least a dozen times before that trying to win long-range. Plus, you only get 6 torque bow shots if you aren't willing to wait around for it to respawn, and 6 isn't really enough to do anything.[/QUOTE]

Torque bow here is supposed to work like extra grenades. You nail him, it blows the kryll off him so he's unshielded, then you unload whatever you have left into his head. Lancer, hammerburst, longshot, whatever. Combined with active reload, it's probably the best way to handle him.

The question I have for you is: what difficulty were you on? I'm slightly impressed that your strategy worked on him if you were on hardcore, but if you were on casual, it seems like it might actually work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back