General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm *this* close to buying Psychonauts on XBL. if it were 800, I'd be all over it. anyone else play Psychonauts through BC? I know there's the glitch with Raz turning green or blue, but I'm wondering how the framerate is. solid 30?

thanks jesus, puts me one step closer to getting it.

[quote name='dallow']That felt good.
Bought 4 of those BlazBlue artbooks when Aksys put them back in print for $15 each and immediately sold them on ebay totaling over $240.

Should have bought more, but was worried about how quickly the value would drop.[/QUOTE]

fuuuck that's pretty hefty. wish I had been on top of that. no more ebay selling for me until christmas. all I have left to sell are about 7 copies of FFVI advance new, which I figure can only go up in price, as the game is OOP and popular. along with a copy of SOTC black label new, but I'd be an idiot if I didn't hold on to that until trico comes out, and Beyond Good and Evil for the PS2 new, which i may as well keep in the drawer in case the sequel ever comes out.

Yeesh .. Rage to run 60fps on 360 but only 20-30 on PS3. :cold:

My pickups for today:

iconpcwin.gif
Crysis Maximum Edition
iconps3.gif
Fallout 3
iconxbox360.gif
Sacred 2
iconxbox360.gif
Oblivion GotY

Going out the door:

iconps3.gif
inFamous
iconxbox360.gif
Red Faction
iconxbox360.gif
Orange Box
iconxbox360.gif
Army of Two

[quote name='ninja dog']I'm *this* close to buying Psychonauts on XBL. if it were 800, I'd be all over it. anyone else play Psychonauts through BC? I know there's the glitch with Raz turning green or blue, but I'm wondering how the framerate is. solid 30?[/QUOTE]

It plays fine. The only problem I had was Raz's outfit turning blue like you said.

That can't be right mak. People who've played with both builds have seen them both running at 60fps.
And that's a bullet point of the engine.
Where'd you see that?

Ah, in it's current state.
The update to the article Carmack expects parity on all three versions.
PS3 development is behind the PC/360 version for sure, it was also in the GI article, but he didn't have any doubts it will be finished in time.

Texting a guy through craigslist that has an 80GB PS3 (non BC :cry:), one DualShock 3, the basic cables (no HDMI), and COD4. He is looking for $250 or a 360. I have a good feeling about this.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']No doubt. ;)[/QUOTE]

congrats on post #28000

in celebration of this momentous occasion, I will recite all 28,000 GGT posts live on justin.tv tonight.

[quote name='ninja dog']congrats on post #28000

in celebration of this momentous occasion, I will recite all 28,000 GGT posts live on justin.tv tonight.[/QUOTE]
Kick ass, what have I won Johnny?

[quote name='nyprimus4']Texting a guy through craigslist that has an 80GB PS3 (non BC :cry:), one DualShock 3, the basic cables (no HDMI), and COD4. He is looking for $250 or a 360. I have a good feeling about this.[/QUOTE]

you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

Trading the 360 and not the cash I assume?

See if he didn't format his PS3. Maybe he bought some PSN games.
In which case, don't delete his user account, just add yours, or they'll be gone forever.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Yea, you posted that and I saw this:
Paint ftw

ironyx.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:D
[quote name='nyprimus4']He said he is 15 years old and we agreed to meet at BestBuy. He's bringing his mom and I'm bringing my brother.[/QUOTE]

Then reverse what I posted. ;)

I think you are getting a pretty good deal.

Erm, Steam sale on Dawn of War 2 may change my plans for buying sacred 2 and tales of vesperia.

$25 for that game is good, right? hmm.

I've felt sick all day today and most of last night so I haven't played much today. Although I did pickup EndWar for PS3 on clearance with the headset and Wii Sports Resort.

[quote name='nyprimus4']He said he is 15 years old and we agreed to meet at BestBuy. He's bringing his mom and I'm bringing my brother.[/QUOTE]

You can be raped at Best Buy... trust me.

I think my copy of Assassin's Creed might be broken. I'm near the end, and every time I raise suspicion, 170,000 guards show up that I need to fight. A real pain in the ass.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Hey Jim and Azu, when do you guys want to resume our game? I have the next couple nights free since I'll be working during the day.[/QUOTE]
I believe I also have the next couple nights free, so name a time that works and I'll let you know!

[quote name='pete5883']I think my copy of Assassin's Creed might be broken. I'm near the end, and every time I raise suspicion, 170,000 guards show up that I need to fight. A real pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Not broken, that's just how it is. I just killed everyone in that game though. Too bad it didn't keep count, because I know I had a hell of a body count.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']GOD DAMN IT.

MvC2 is even more fun than I remember.[/QUOTE]

Add my on XBL so that you can beat me over and over again.

MvC2 is the first masochistic (as in me losing alot) games i've enjoyed recently. Hopefully that trend follows with Demon Souls (which so far I've resisted preordering the deluxe edition).

[quote name='BlueScrote']Add my on XBL so that you can beat me over and over again.

MvC2 is the first masochistic (as in me losing alot) games i've enjoyed recently. Hopefully that trend follows with Demon Souls (which so far I've resisted preordering the deluxe edition).[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm rubbish. And the "Goddamn!" is because I have to buy more points to get it.

I hadn't played the game in years, I didn't have a Dreamcast and didn't play it on PS2 or Xbox, but they used to have a coin-op at the movie theater around here a long while ago and I used to play it every time I went there.

Downloaded the trial and started playing with my brother local and was likE OMGWTFAWESOME

[quote name='dallow']My lady friend is applying for the receptionist position at Gearbox.
Hope she gets it, but I doubt they pay well.[/QUOTE]

She might get paid better once they reveal they are working on that next Halo game they are doing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']dallow, did you see that the new dashboard beta allows you to push x to eject the disc tray?! :whee:[/QUOTE]
Finally. That's been ridiculously long overdue, almost like allowing it to stay at the dashboard when I put a game in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back