General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']I'd just rather not touch my systems/devices. Like things as hands free as possible.[/QUOTE]
For me, it's that I can do this on most every other media player that's controlled remotely (PC, VCR, DVD player, PS3, and now Xbox 360). I prefer ejecting the disc and getting up to replace it so I don't have to do anything else besides take the disc out and put another one in.

I'm in a sour mood right now. I was playing some Public Horde in Gears 2. We got all the way to wave 30 in Allfathers Garden and you know what happened? Host lagged out, game over. You've got to be kidding me >_

Played some more SR2 this weekend, I think I'm up to about 22 hours now, we've done all the story mission and are finishing up the activities.

Nearly hit 100'000 nerd points so I can stop playing games just for the points, although NBA Homecourt was quite good fun to play through.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']For me, it's that I can do this on most every other media player that's controlled remotely (PC, VCR, DVD player, PS3, and now Xbox 360). I prefer ejecting the disc and getting up to replace it so I don't have to do anything else besides take the disc out and put another one in.[/QUOTE]

I'm not against adding this feature, but I agree with Jimbo in that I still don't see why everyone is so happy about this. If you're up already to put the new disc in, then why is it a problem to hit one button?

For me it would probably take longer to select the option from the menu (on any console) than to just hit the button while I'm up.

Saw your invite Mak but was doing stuff.
Why'd you get it for PS3?

I like BF1943 but I haven't played it in a while now. I should go back in and get my money's worth.

[quote name='dallow']Saw your invite Mak but was doing stuff.
Why'd you get it for PS3?

I like BF1943 but I haven't played it in a while now. I should go back in and get my money's worth.[/QUOTE]

My buddy let me gameshare it from him in exchange for Fat Princess. If you ever feel like playing (between 5pm - 10pm or any time on weekends) let me know. I'm always down for a game. And starting tomorrow I should be able to communicate again. I just ordered a logitech headset from Amazon.

I pray that in the next iteration of Playstation there's a standard headset packed in with the console. This "get a blutooth set if you want to talk" nonsense is bullshit. Either people just don't bother to get it and don't talk at all or they have really shitty headsets that echo and make all sorts of noise. Also, implementing a party system would be nice so you could hear your friends at all times.

[quote name='Maklershed']I pray that in the next iteration of Playstation there's a standard headset packed in with the console. This "get a blutooth set if you want to talk" nonsense is bullshit. Either people just don't bother to get it and don't talk at all or they have really shitty headsets that echo and make all sorts of noise. Also, implementing a party system would be nice so you could hear your friends at all times.[/QUOTE]
I know of such a system..... :whistle2:#

This whole, "There are no suitable nodes to complete your request" or whatever is getting extremely annoying on here...

That video is misleading myke.

The no ads load is from a restart where the load is instant.
The one with ads is a fresh load of the level. (and is the only time an ad appears)

Load times are the same.

---

Wow, all the DFW Gamestops are doing 50% trade in bonus to compete with the local Best Buys trade-in program. 60% with edge. If I only I had some more stuff to flip.

Funny thing is Wipeout HD is about the last game I would expect to be saddled with in-game ads.

That game was really good. I'd probably enjoy playing it on my 360. Is that studio owned by Sony? I know wipeout showed up on N64 and PC and shit.

Ah, that's a shame.

Well maybe not, if that PS3 slim ends up being a good deal. Could make a good christmastime buy.

[quote name='dallow']They bought the IP years ago I believe.

Or did Psygnosis (sp?) turn into Sony Liverpool?[/QUOTE]
I think they bought the studio and turned them into Sony Liverpool around the time that they launched the PS2.

[quote name='dallow']That video is misleading myke.

The no ads load is from a restart where the load is instant.
The one with ads is a fresh load of the level. (and is the only time an ad appears)[/QUOTE]

Bah. I'm not paying $10 for them to give me ads with my content.

They can goddamn jolly well give me the content for less than that if they're going to try to sell me a box of Summer's Eve every time I want to play a game.

[quote name='mykevermin']Bah. I'm not paying $10 for them to give me ads with my content.

They can goddamn jolly well give me the content for less than that if they're going to try to sell me a box of Summer's Eve every time I want to play a game.[/QUOTE]

You get the ads in the regular version of the game too even without the add-on.

[quote name='62t']Not as special as this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Metroid-N...4cea03662f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_1622wt_958[/QUOTE]

why do people write these stupid ass descriptions? Just describe the condition thoroughly and call it a day. And he's shipping a $2000 game through USPS 1st class? sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttt.

I guess it's beside the point since it sold for $2000. he also has a sealed Metroid 1 :shock:

[quote name='Maklershed']I want the PS3 version of Arkham Asylum right? (due to the Joker content)[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's "exclusive" content the PS3 version.

[quote name='ihadFG']You get the ads in the regular version of the game too even without the add-on.[/QUOTE]

boo.

and boo to me, evidently, for not spending more time reading up on this.

Psychonauts is pissing me off. I have to pay 800 arrowheads for this stupid cobweb duster, which seems crazy cause I have half that. I can't remember how to do anything is this damn game--can't remember how to use the Portal/Doorway item into people's minds, can't remember how to get back to the collective subconicious, can't remember what half the items do, damn it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Psychonauts is pissing me off. I have to pay 800 arrowheads for this stupid cobweb duster, which seems crazy cause I have half that. I can't remember how to do anything is this damn game--can't remember how to use the Portal/Doorway item into people's minds, can't remember how to get back to the collective subconicious, can't remember what half the items do, damn it.[/QUOTE]

Use your arrowhead detector to get to 800. To use the doorway thing you have to select it from the mini menu and then press Y next to the person whose mind you want to enter.

[quote name='ihadFG']Use your arrowhead detector to get to 800. To use the doorway thing you have to select it from the mini menu and then press Y next to the person whose mind you want to enter.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the arrowhead tracker is

Splosion man is great for picking up and playing for a little bit at a time. I love the humor and animation.

Everything except the daytime levels in Sonic Unleashed are really bad. I dunno what they were thinking with the overworld..I mean its completely unnecessary.

[quote name='jesus_s_preston']i can't find my health forms i need for my doctor's appointment for college, piss me off.[/quote]

found you bitchhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back