General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']opinion.

now maybe it just hasn't aged as well and would have been mind blowing when it first was released, but playing it in early 2009 for the first time, I found it to be average. solid but nothing that changed gaming for me.[/QUOTE]

169rm0y.gif

Opinion - INVALIDATED.

Anyone who claims L4D2 is an expansion pack is a moron and a whiny baby.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Really?[/QUOTE]

Really. To those of who don't think the isle of NIPPON is the greatest honorable nation on the face of the planet and don't watch anime, those names are a bunch of bullshit nonsense.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wouldn't talk shit about L4D2 until you play the demo. Hitting a zombie with a guitar is really really fun. They improved a lot of shit and it feels very fresh.[/QUOTE]

If by "very fresh", you mean "the same boring fucking gameplay", then yeah, it's totally fresh! I don't see how it's "very very fun". I was more entertained hitting a zombie with a guitar in Dead Rising than L4D2. I do want to see if the chainsaw allows for random dismemberment or if it's the same death animation every time.

All I want to do is look down the iron sights and hold a primary, secondary and melee weapon. The melee weapons count as secondary weapons.

The change of scenery is nice, the new weapons are good, the new enemies make it a little more fun, but it's still the same game that's going to last me three or four days and then I'll never touch it again. Especially coming out on the heels of MW2.

I may switch my preorder over to The Saboteur.

I'm kinda irked that COD MW2 features the old PS3 boxart vs the new one.

[quote name='zewone']HL2 is the best single player FPS.

I can't think of anything that comes even close.[/QUOTE]
Deus Ex?

Half-life 2: Episode One.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']THIS NEW THING IS BORING GIVE ME MORE OF THE SAME RABBLE.
[/QUOTE]
Its not my fault that their new shit is boring to me. And its called an opinion for a reason.

Can't wait for MW2.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']i can't even imagine this is a thing anyone would ever say ever.[/QUOTE]

That is why you gobble cocks for pennies on the dollar.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm loving Borderlands co-op. Especially now that I've caught up to my buddy's level and I'm kicking ass.[/QUOTE]
*high fives*

As am I! I wish more games felt as good when you work with other players as a team. My Borderlands co-op playthrough runs smooooooth.

I finally opened Muramasa today. Pretty cool game so far, but I honestly don't see myself playing it much (like most Wii games).

Played some Forza 3 on 360 and R&C Future: ACiT on PS3 today. Just purchased Jak & Daxter: TLF on PSN (PSP), plan to play later.

I still haven't finished Ep1/started ep2. I really need to get with that. and put the time into L4D that it deserves.

For some reason I neglect my pc games, despite the fact that I have a gaming rig.

So I started Bad Company and Frontlines today, I really like both of them.

I also got Brothers In Arms Double Time for Wii, it is 2 disks and I only started the first, the controls were good so far but I only got about 20 minutes into it. Seems like a great port!

I wouldn't say excited per se but I'm interested in checking it out.

BTW, I tried the Trine demo. The controls aren't as good as PC but they definitely hold up.

I was struggling to decide what game to play through next, but I think I'll give Banjo&Kazooie Nuts n Bolts a try.

Woo Hoo, free MMA in HD on CBS :bouncy:

Ooh - dragon age is awesome. Runs about perfect on full settings on my meager lappy.

[quote name='mykevermin']I just saw that $22 worth of DLC came out for Dragon's Age two days after release. That immediately kicks it way the fuck off my "gonna buy" list.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but $15 of that is included in the game when you buy it.

I'm in a DDR mood again. I'm probably going to finally buy DDR X on PS2, and DDR Hottest Party 2 unbundled on Wii. I'm also likely to re-purchase SuperNOVA 2, since I really miss playing some of its songs.

[quote name='mykevermin']I just saw that $22 worth of DLC came out for Dragon's Age two days after release. That immediately kicks it way the fuck off my "gonna buy" list.[/QUOTE]

As was previously said - the character and quest DLC is included in the package when you buy - the other thing is some stupid quest that nobody gives a shit about. The game is reportedly around 60 hours standalone, so why does this matter? It's not like there isn't enough content there on the disc..

Well, that's still silly. That's not particularly clear to me, the sometimes-informed consumer. You think some slack-jawed yokel that picks it up at GS is going to know they're missing out on the firey tower of damocles if they buy used? No.

It screams bad idea, and doesn't change that there's a $7 download, no matter how petty, that came out two days after the title's release - a cheap maneuver, and a shitty maneuver.

I'll buy this fucker in 2 years when it's $10 new, then.

Games don't have feelings, mykevermin.

I don't think games can read, either... so I'm not sure you can go about hurting Dragon Age Origin's feelings. :X

How else do you propose they give an incentive to buy new?

I like the idea, honestly. A little positive reinforcement never hurts. Plus, Shale (the character you get) is a beast.

Your inability to detect obvious absurdity is absolutely hilarious.

I bet you're the life of the party.

For me, Mass Effect shits on Dragon Age, but I believe both of those shit on Knights of the Old Republic.

Don't get me wrong, I loved ME, and ME2 will be day one for me, but i like the customization and combat more in DA.

I can't wait to use that DA armor in ME2.

[quote name='Brak']Your inability to detect obvious absurdity is absolutely hilarious.

I bet you're the life of the party.[/QUOTE]

Does it make you feel less hip and/or edgy if I knew that you were going to post this very thing in response?

Don't ever accuse LinkinPrime of deflection, Teflon Brak.

Oh, shut the Hell up. I don't accuse LinkinPrime of deflection, o' dedicated OTT lurker / psychopath. You should know that.

And what exactly am I deflecting? Are you saying that I actually thought you were trying to hurt a video game's feelings? :lol:

Yeeeeeeeeeesh. :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back