Genji (PS3): $19.96 at Circuitcity.com

I didn't have high hopes for this game and yet it still failed to meet them. Think twice about getting this game, even for this price.

Most likely YMMV, the Toys R Us in Waterford, CT has had Genji reduced to $12.98 for around 4-5 months. I ended up picking it up, but yet to play it.

I thought this game was better than the review scores.
If you like Onimusha, I think you will like Genji.

[quote name='CheapyD']I thought this game was better than the review scores.
If you like Onimusha, I think you will like Genji.[/QUOTE]

I played this game a bit and I think it's defintely not as bad as the reviews. Probably because back then people had higher expectatioin out of the ps3 system for these launch titles......

[quote name='pinkkirby']I played this game a bit and I think it's defintely not as bad as the reviews. Probably because back then people had higher expectatioin out of the ps3 system for these launch titles......[/QUOTE]

Doesn't the fixed camera angle really cause problems? I remember the demo was like that, no?

I was able to get this for $13 in TRU a while back, so there may still be some ultra cheap ones out in the wild. However, its just not that great of a game to me. Maybe worth $20 but I feel I wasted my money.

The fixed camera hurts, the areas all look the same and it is difficult to tell where you need to go at times. I ended up wasting a lot of time trying to locate the next objective.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I didn't have high hopes for this game and yet it still failed to meet them. Think twice about getting this game, even for this price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapyD']I thought this game was better than the review scores.
If you like Onimusha, I think you will like Genji.[/QUOTE]

Was this actually worse than the first one? Because I thought the first one was very good. I'm beyond sick of the Onimusha/Devil May Cry/Demons Attack! genre, but I liked it anyway.

The first Genji was better in my opinion...not as good as Onimusha still :)

I think this game has been worth about $20 for a while now though.

It's OOS on the site.

When I went to CC during my lunch break, there were tons of copies at the store. I think at least eight or nine. They were in the bargain bin or w/e CC calls it.

It was clearly re-marked to $19.96, and I picked it up with no hassles.

for some reason i have a big urge to kill realistic ancient japanese giant enemy crab, am i the only one? maybe i'll pick this up for my crab fix.

[quote name='sunghost']for some reason i have a big urge to kill realistic ancient japanese giant enemy crab, am i the only one? maybe i'll pick this up for my crab fix.[/QUOTE]

Flip the crab for massive discounts.

[quote name='mitch079']Looks like Ape Escape 3, Genji for the PS2, and Neopets, The Darkest Faerie also dropped to 8.96.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Genj...32907/catOid/-13226/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Ape-...42206/catOid/-13226/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Genj...32907/catOid/-13226/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

So hopefully Neocisco will let us know of any other drops soon.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this when I picked up Genji for PS3. I also picked up UEFA 06-07 for the Xbox 360 for $8.96. Not sure if that price was listed elsewhere yet, but the last time I was there it was 16.96.

The Williston VT store still had about 10 copies of Genji PS3 in the value bin.

I thought it was a fun hack n slash game. It's pretty too. One thing though is the camera is bad. I remember one part I was stuck on so I looked it up what to do online and it turned out I had to hit something that the camera wouldn't let me see to open a door or something. Also there's a glitch at the beginning of the game with a key or something, can't remember what it was exactly.

[quote name='Big Wang']is this the giant enemy crab game?[/quote]

absolutely attack its weak point for massive damage

It's funny, no one ever talks about the length of this game, considering how ridiculously short the first one was. So how long is it?

I think I might try it. I liked the first one so I don't think I'll complain over a prettier version.

Also, someone mentioned Ape Escape 3 being on clearance. If anyone sees it, definitely get it. It's very awesome, and if you got kids, they'll probably like it. Plus, the Metal Gear Solid minigame spoof at the end if great for kicks.

[quote name='mxpowar']It's funny, no one ever talks about the length of this game, considering how ridiculously short the first one was. So how long is it?[/QUOTE]

Personally I thought the first one was plenty long enough.

It's not a bad game by any means. Certainly better than any DW game. Like CheapyD said, it's like Onimusha and it looks GORGEOUS.

bread's done
Back