Get $5 Gift Card at Best Buy for trading in ANY old cell phone + other small devices

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Didn't see this posted anywhere else on CAG and didn't really know what forum it went in so decided this was as good as any.

Saw this on the BB website and went to my local Best Buy with 3 old flip phones I had each several years old. About 15 minutes later walked out with a $15 gift card. Decent deal if you have old cell phones collecting dust in a drawer like I did. Can also turn in other "small devices" (working or not) listed on the website too. Obviously, newer devices on their lists with greater trade in values will net you greater gift cards, but pretty sure this is the first time they've taken in anything, on their list or not. Limit 3 devices per day. Here's the link w/ details:

UPDATED: Offer valid until Feb. 2

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Computers-Promotions/regularCat%3Apcmcat293300050004/pcmcat293300050004.c?id=pcmcat293300050004&AID=10597222&PID=1312731&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FComputers-Promotions%2FregularCat%253Apcmcat293300050004%2Fpcmcat293300050004.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat293300050004&ref=39&CJPID=1312731&loc=01

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']Has anyone tried to unload some old 3.5" hard drives? I have a few of them I took out of old computers at college (they were free for the taking, don't worry) and they're each around 30-40GB. I also found a bunch of shitty 128mb DDR RAM. Any chance BB will take those for $5 apiece? :lol:

Just trying to get as much money/credit as I can out of these things to soften the blow of buying a new desktop for after I graduate.[/QUOTE]

seriously man? look like 4 posts above you.

they wouldn't even take my Palm VII with the charging cradle

[quote name='strizay']seriously man? look like 4 posts above you.

they wouldn't even take my Palm VII with the charging cradle[/QUOTE]

Ah...I assumed that was an Xbox 360 hard drive. I misread what you said, but thanks for clearing it up.

[quote name='strizay']seriously man? look like 4 posts above you.

they wouldn't even take my Palm VII with the charging cradle[/QUOTE]

Ymmv...they took my old Handspring Visor.

[quote name='m6oo']Ymmv...they took my old Handspring Visor.[/QUOTE]

True that. My brother's old Sony Clie that wouldn't power up got the OK.

Traded in 5 old phones and a Zen Stone for $30. Not bad considering the Stone and my old Razr were severely damaged. I was really contemplating trading in my Zune with a broken hard drive, but eh...maybe I could fix it or sell it for parts for more than $5? It's a 4th gen, so Zune HD.

bread's done
Back