GGT 111: JSP finally made another one and it will probably be stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus_S_Preston

CAGiversary!
martin2-75.jpg

Summer sucks now I have to make these stupid threads again. You will all share my sorrow.

[quote name='seanr1221']Did Chac die or was he just sucked into a black hole of law?[/QUOTE]

I dunno. But there's a hole in my heart where chac used to be. :p

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Don't worry whoknows, you can have my # and we can text each other

867-5309[/QUOTE]

But I already have someone else in my phone that has that number!

[quote name='distgfx']Hey guys, what are some of your favorite RTS games? I know Starcraft 2 is a fan favorite, but why did you guys like it?[/QUOTE]

Starcraft 2 mostly because of the competitive scene. I really enjoy watching people play starcraft and people commentate on it. Starcraft 1 has held up surprisingly well though.

I like the Dawn of War games as well, even though they are a much different focus (small scale vs large scale).

[quote name='j-cart']So Brink is pretty much pointless on the PS3.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...iew-brink-and-why-you-shouldnt-buy-it-yet.ars[/QUOTE]

According to Bethesda, the game has one centralized unlock system. So you can play local multi or against bots and it will count toward what you would have been able to do online. Granted, this doesn't really make it something people will want to run out and buy, but at least it's not like, say, removing the single player from KZ3 and having only botzone which does NOTHING available until PSN comes back up.

[quote name='whoknows']Isn't Brink pretty much pointless in general?[/QUOTE]

I thought so.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I agree about Smoke's hair, JSP. It looks fucking stupid.[/QUOTE]

The portrait is worse than the actual model, though the model's is pretty stupid too. You can add his intro to that list as well... "WHERE THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE!". I think the only thing I do like vocally about his character is that after his brutal x-ray, he advises "Stay down.".

I almost always choose him with is alt.

--
MASS GEARS of EFFECT 3 details:

Mass Effect 3 will allow you to gain the allegiance of humanity and other alien civilizations, but it's also possible to lose entire races to the Reapers towards the end of the game if you don't make the correct decisions.

The details come from this month's OXM (via a post on NeoGAF), which also reveals weapons will be modified with scopes, barrels, and grips. It's also possible to customise the colour and camouflage of your guns.

Shepard will also be more manoeuvrable than before, with the ability to jump and roll alongside blind-firing his modified weaponry around corners.

You'll be using your newfound guns and abilities on Reaper husks and Cerberus operatives, the pro-human alliance that have turned their back on Shepard after Mass Effect 2 for currently unspecified reasons. Cerberus operatives will come in three distinct but common body types: heavy, medium, and light.

OXM also hints that there might be an eyepiece that allows non-sniper weapons to scope in further, and the magazine also suggests that armour is going to have a bigger effect on the game than before.

The magazine also promises that BioWare is going to reveal much more about the game at this year's E3 conference.

While originally scheduled for a 2011 release, Mass Effect was recently delayed into early 2012.

Details of Mass Effect 3 have been steadily trickling in since April. VideoGamer.com has its own wishlist of what we want to see in the conclusion to BioWare's sci-fi trilogy.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
The portrait is worse than the actual model, though the model's is pretty stupid too. You can add his intro to that list as well... "WHERE THERE IS SMOKE THERE IS FIRE!". I think the only thing I do like vocally about his character is that after his brutal x-ray, he advises "Stay down.".

I almost always choose him with is alt.

--
MASS GEARS of EFFECT 3 details:[/QUOTE]
I agree, I love that he says "Stay down." so fucking badass. I always pick him with his alt, too.

I already knew the bit about recruiting races like Dragon Age, but I'm very surprised by the Gears of War-esque gameplay. I don't really know what to say about this...

------
So last night I was on the phone with my fiancee and totally fell asleep. She got really mad at me for falling asleep and started yelling at me and through my sleepiness I just started responding to her by talking about the giant Ants in Fallout 3. She said I talked about those ants for like 20 minutes and about how they shoot fire and how I wanted one for a companion and shit.

I wish I would've invented Skype. Shit would have been useful for booty calls in high school, like every chick I knew had a laptop and no minutes/texts to use.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']MASS GEARS of EFFECT 3 details:[/QUOTE]

There is jumping, clearly not based off Gears. ;) (I was actually telling Uraizen just last night that having a jump button automatically makes any shooting game better by some amount, apparently Mass Effect learned).

--

This picture made me lol:
xkAj1.png

[quote name='icebeast']There is jumping, clearly not based off Gears. ;) (I was actually telling Uraizen just last night that having a jump button automatically makes any shooting game better by some amount, apparently Mass Effect learned).

--

This picture made me lol:
xkAj1.png
[/QUOTE]

Okay, okay, UNCHARTED MASS GEARS OF EFFECT 3.

Happy now? :lol:

Can't wait for ME3. Sounds like the combat is just getting improved/streamlined. In other interviews (see the ME3 thread in the 360 forum) the devs have also said they were improving the RPG elements from ME2 as well.

So hopefully we'll get the best of both worlds.

Yay, BBCS2 patch is out for the 360. The patch alone is over 700 megs and Platinum is another 700MB, good god.

EDIT: No, Platinum is not just an unlock code for the patch, she's a separate 700MB in addition to the system version update.

[quote name='distgfx']Yay, BBCS2 patch is out for the 360. The patch alone is over 700 megs and Platinum is another 700MB, good god.

EDIT: No, Platinum is not just an unlock code for the patch, she's a separate 700MB in addition to the system version update.[/QUOTE]

Damn more reason to look into a new hard drive for my PS3, when the PSN comes back. I want to make sure I can transfer as many of my saves as possible (even if they happen to be protected).

The way gears MP is played could not look anymore retarded to both the trained and untrained eye.

SP: "As a bulky futuristic grunt, take cover and make well placed pot shots before ducking down and recovering your health"

MP: "hop around like bunnies with shotguns"

Should of taken rechargeable health out of MP, the game would actually make sense then. As it stands, a sniper rifle/shotgun combo is going to make you unbeatable.

They should take just shotguns out of MP as standard weapons and make them at most weapons you can pick up on the map.

Or at least have a TDM mode that's just lancers/hammerburst and pistols and anything else is just on map pick ups.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The way gears MP is played could not look anymore retarded to both the trained and untrained eye.

SP: "As a bulky futuristic grunt, take cover and make well placed pot shots before ducking down and recovering your health"

MP: "hop around like bunnies with shotguns"

Should of taken rechargeable health out of MP, the game would actually make sense then. As it stands, a sniper rifle/shotgun combo is going to make you unbeatable.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I BARELY use the shotgun. I just completely destroy everyone that has that mentality with the Retro Lancer. It's absurdly good at close (but not shotgun close) range. Try it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']MASS GEARS of EFFECT 3 details:[/QUOTE]

So Cerberus turns on you no matter what? That kind of blows...

I kind of want that Kessler skin for Infamous 2...

[quote name='panzerfaust']At least Brink got something right:
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. At first I was impressed with the picture, then I saw the horribly designed character in the background and I was no longer impressed.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']So Cerberus turns on you no matter what? That kind of blows...
[/QUOTE]

It does. But that's just the problem of:

1. Trying to tell a compelling story

and

2. Trying to have player decisions have a meaningful impact on the main plot across multiple games.

It would be very tough to have a major difference like Shepherd still being supported by Cerberus if you
gave them the Reaper base
and turning against you if you
destroyed it.

Those are two nearly polar opposite plots, and thus very hard to work into the third game. So they go with the option of having them turn on you either way.

So I suspect decisions will just have more minor impacts on what allies you can recruit, what squad mates are available etc., with the main plot being only very minorly impacted by any decisions in ME1 or ME2.

I've yet to make a decision that's weighed heavily on me in ME, compared to other Bioware games such as Dragon Age. ME is really either about being a prick or being a gentleman, and that's what makes the game fun.

You'll be the hero regardless, it's a pretty linear story. Many of the dialogue options in the first ME were just different ways of saying the same thing.

1. "Okay, do it"
2. "I guess, but I won't like it"
3. "Ughhhh if you REALLY have to"

The actual "big" decisions ended up carrying no more importance than someone passing a comment to you about in it ME2.

[quote name='distgfx']Yay, BBCS2 patch is out for the 360. The patch alone is over 700 megs and Platinum is another 700MB, good god.

EDIT: No, Platinum is not just an unlock code for the patch, she's a separate 700MB in addition to the system version update.[/QUOTE]

The article I read said the patch is 700mb period. If you have the patch, platinum is an unlock code. If you don't, it's the 700mb patch plus the code. Don't know for sure though, since -- like you -- I have it on PS3 and well, we know about how our PS3s only do offline.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I feel weird today, like I'm hyped up on a lot of caffiene or something.

Dude, Nadine from Twin Peaks is fuckin' crazy.[/QUOTE]

Are you watching it now? Or have you already seen it?
I'm just wondering what part of the craziness you're referring to.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The article I read said the patch is 700mb period. If you have the patch, platinum is an unlock code. If you don't, it's the 700mb patch plus the code. Don't know for sure though, since -- like you -- I have it on PS3 and well, we know about how our PS3s only do offline.[/QUOTE]

Yea? Well my system downloaded the 700MB patch and then downloaded Platinum. She took as long as the patch itself, so either the system refused to download it as an unlock code or the article lied.

I found it for only $20 at BB on the 360 and I was not going to wait until the end of the month for Platinum, fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back