GGT 133 loves bread and water soup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infamous

lady on phone - There's a paramedic whose clinic is under attack by reapers, go help him.

me - ok

paramedic - reapers have taken over my clinic and stuff, take them out.

*shows reaper blowing some guy away point blank with shotgun*

me - ok

*shreds reapers around clinic, part of the city is made safe*

game - you have become slightly more evil, here's 500xp.

me - wat

The main storyline missions in infamous constantly gave me evil karma for no reason even if I made the good choices or if there was no good choice.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow... RAGE install on 360 is 21-22GB. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I really need to read up on rage. Someone on GAF said it was id's second coming of Half Life 2.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The main storyline missions in infamous constantly gave me evil karma for no reason even if I made the good choices or if there was no good choice.[/QUOTE]

If you have civilians caught up in the crossfire, then your karma XP output would be evil.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The main storyline missions in infamous constantly gave me evil karma for no reason even if I made the good choices or if there was no good choice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it really doesn't shift it too much. If you go heal a couple people, you'll get it right back. I think the story related missions are the ones that really shift it in either direction.

[quote name='j-cart']If you have civilians caught up in the crossfire, then your karma XP output would be evil.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it really doesn't shift it too much. If you go heal a couple people, you'll get it right back. I think the story related missions are the ones that really shift it in either direction.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']that's retarded[/QUOTE]

Yup, there were some missions where it was completely unavoidable.

I think there is even one mission that is glitched and it tells you that you become more evil, even though there were no civies around to kill.

[quote name='j-cart']If you have civilians caught up in the crossfire, then your karma XP output would be evil.[/QUOTE]

I'm firing fucking lightning bolts, I'm not a surgeon here.

I'll stick with it for a few more missions but thus far, I really haven't enjoyed the game too much. The price was right though, thanks hackers!

Yeah for free, Infamous was okay. Very repetitive though. I think I'm about done with the Neon district. Which looks like about the first 1/3 of the game.

And the guy can shoot and control lightning and electricity. How the hell can he climb up the sides of buildings like a ninja? He's not Sly Cooper (a trained thief), stop copying your characters Sucker Punch.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Mission accomplished.

I think I'm going to play my copy tonight to celebrate.[/QUOTE]

I should dig my copy out and fire it up too.

[quote name='distgfx']Video games don't need to make sense, just be happy he can climb buildings.[/QUOTE]

What? Games must always make total sense...
Katamari-katamari-1103245_1280_1024.jpg

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Whoa, what the fuck? Is it like 2-3 discs?[/QUOTE]

The game is 3 dics. So it's not really a shock that the install would be that big.

[quote name='eldergamer']Yeah for free, Infamous was okay. Very repetitive though. I think I'm about done with the Neon district. Which looks like about the first 1/3 of the game.

And the guy can shoot and control lightning and electricity. How the hell can he climb up the sides of buildings like a ninja? He's not Sly Cooper (a trained thief), stop copying your characters Sucker Punch.[/QUOTE]

The explanation is his hobby before the incident was parkour running. It's mentioned briefly in Infamous 1 and again in the prologue of Infamous 2.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']The game is 3 dics. So it's not really a shock that the install would be that big.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. Mass Effect 2 was 2, but guess what? You could install 1 disc and play away.
Not so with Rage. It's install all 3 discs or go home. :lol:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah it is. Mass Effect 2 was 2, but guess what? You could install 1 disc and play away.
Not so with Rage. It's install all 3 discs or go home. :lol:[/QUOTE]

or play without installing?

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']or play without installing?[/QUOTE]

According to Carmack, you don't want to do that. :)

“On the 360 we don’t have a partial install option; it’s all or nothing, which is kind of unfortunate,” admitted Carmack, explaining, “It means you have to install 21 to 22GB of stuff which takes a long time, but if you’ve got it and you play it on the 360 that’s the way to go.”

--

Ahahahaha, MvC3 Vita:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-08-mvc3-spotted-for-playstation-vita

[quote name='panzerfaust']I wouldn't mind multiple discs if the games came in fat cases. Fat cases are baller.[/QUOTE]

Nah man, every game should do it like Lost Odyssey. Gotta shove all 4 discs into a regular sized case even if they don't fit right!

[quote name='ihadFG']Nah man, every game should do it like Lost Odyssey. Gotta shove all 4 discs into a regular sized case even if they don't fit right![/QUOTE]

Didn't the other three discs just come in paper sleeves?

[quote name='jello44']Didn't the other three discs just come in paper sleeves?[/QUOTE]

2 in sleeves, 2 stacked up, if I remember correctly.

fucking sucks, having all that shit crammed in a single DVD case. Mine barely closes.

That does sound like crappy packaging.

But generally I like packaging to be as small as possible so it take less room on my media shelves. I don't care as much for games as I do movies/cds though since I end up getting rid of most games after beating them anyway as I'm not a game collector and seldom replay anything.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Ahahahaha, MvC3 Vita:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-08-mvc3-spotted-for-playstation-vita[/QUOTE]I wonder why it's MvC3 and not UMvC3? Regardless, day one purchase for me when I get my Vita.

[quote name='ihadFG']Nah man, every game should do it like Lost Odyssey. Gotta shove all 4 discs into a regular sized case even if they don't fit right![/QUOTE]
That pissed me off so MUCH! Everytime I opened that goddamn case 2 discs would fall out!

-----
Act 4-3 in SotD. About how long do I have left?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']2 in sleeves, 2 stacked up, if I remember correctly.

fucking sucks, having all that shit crammed in a single DVD case. Mine barely closes.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think it was 3 stacked up and 1 in a sleeve, but I would just stack all 4 up anyway. The case does seem to bulge a bit.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
But generally I like packaging to be as small as possible so it take less room on my media shelves[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm pretty fond of the blu-ray casing for that reason. I also like how multi-disc blu-rays (mainly tv shows) tend to have those extra disc holder insert things, since it holds a lot of discs without stacking them on top of each other stupidly.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
But generally I like packaging to be as small as possible so it take less room on my media shelves[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm the same way. I'm pretty fond of the blu-ray casing for that reason. I also like how multi-disc blu-rays (mainly tv shows) tend to have those extra disc holder insert things, since it holds a lot of discs without stacking them on top of each other stupidly.

[quote name='ihadFG']Actually I think it was 3 stacked up and 1 in a sleeve, but I would just stack all 4 up anyway. The case does seem to bulge a bit.
[/QUOTE]
Just dug mine out, and you're right. 3 discs stacked, one in a sleeve, bulgin' like a mofo.

Europe and Japan cases were like how Mass Effect 2 did multiple discs. Big cases, too. Final Fantasy XIII did the same thing for all regions, just stacked. I'm guessing Microsoft hates JRPG's.

[quote name='icebeast']At 2:12 in that video where it switches to 3D and Sonic flips out with his air dash and then slams into a wall because he was supposed to slide to get under it... that looks very much like Sonic 2006.[/QUOTE]

Blame the player, not the game :nottalking:

[quote name='distgfx']Throwing this out there for those who have been commenting on it. Third Strike online does NOT use Capcom's retarded PSN DRM.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/08/sven-elaborates-tourney-options-sf3-oe-600mb-install/[/QUOTE]

Thank god. I'm a whore and I probably would've bitten anyway but one less thing to worry about it fine by me. I wish they'd go back and take it out of the other games that have it, I don't need to play Magic Sword online ever. _____ So I read some stuff about Battlefield 3 today and I got pretty psyched. I finally got a headset for 360 so I can actually play on a team (and/or get called a $$$$er and a $$$$$$ constantly) but my interest in BF3 led me to fire up Bad Co 2 again. ...and the game still does not save my statistics. What the fuck is wrong with Dice?

[quote name='distgfx']Throwing this out there for those who have been commenting on it. Third Strike online does NOT use Capcom's retarded PSN DRM.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/aug/08/sven-elaborates-tourney-options-sf3-oe-600mb-install/[/QUOTE]

I could imagine if it had it at a tournament, them having problem getting the PS3 connected online, or the connection drops or something while a match is going on and it kicks them out of the game.

Hilarity would ensue.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nice... I was going to preorder tomorrow anyway, but it's nice to know if sony's network explodes again, I can get my 2nd impact on. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure people will still find a way to create a new generation of whining over something.

[quote name='distgfx']I'm sure people will still find a way to create a new generation of whining over something.[/QUOTE]

Sure -- the DLC. ;)
Or UMvC3.

--

I don't know about you guys, but someone made the argument over on GAF that UMvC3 is "support" for MvC3 in disc form. I found this absurd... I see it as an entirely new game; it's not a sequel because it uses the same game system (to an extent), but if it were true support for MvC3, it would be DLC and compat packs, IMO.

If you take his argument that a new full achievement/trophy retail release with is the same game but with "new support", I'd love to see the fallout when Call of Duty followed it. We're only going to release map packs in new disc-based versions: Ultimate Call of Duty: Black Ops, now with 6 new maps for the bargain price of $40. :rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sure -- the DLC. ;)
Or UMvC3.

--

I don't know about you guys, but someone made the argument over on GAF that UMvC3 is "support" for MvC3 in disc form. I found this absurd... I see it as an entirely new game; it's not a sequel because it uses the same game system (to an extent), but if it were true support for MvC3, it would be DLC and compat packs, IMO.

If you take his argument that a new full achievement/trophy retail release with is the same game but with "new support", I'd love to see the fallout when Call of Duty followed it. We're only going to release map packs in new disc-based versions: Ultimate Call of Duty: Black Ops, now with 6 new maps for the bargain price of $40. :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I see it as an expansion pack, y'know, when you got a shitload of new content for a game for $30 a pop. Except you don't have to own the original game to take advantage of it.

Expansion pack isn't a bad term, but IMO, it only applies to SSF4AE and not to UMvC3 (or probably any of the 'updates' capcom has ever put out). ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

If you take his argument that a new full achievement/trophy retail release with is the same game but with "new support", I'd love to see the fallout when Call of Duty followed it. We're only going to release map packs in new disc-based versions: Ultimate Call of Duty: Black Ops, now with 6 new maps for the bargain price of $40. :rofl:[/QUOTE]I was actually arguing with a guy in GameStop about this yesterday, I think it's a new game since it has new balance, characters, online, achievements/trophies, stages. That is literally like everything that makes a new fucking game.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Expansion pack isn't a bad term, but IMO, it only applies to SSF4AE and not to UMvC3 (or probably any of the 'updates' capcom has ever put out). ;)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't consider AE an expansion pack, that was a minimal update compared to SSFIV or UMvC3. AE is the equivalent of a new map pack for a shooter, whereas SSFIV was the equivalent of Halo 3 ODST.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I was actually arguing with a guy in GameStop about this yesterday, I think it's a new game since it has new balance, characters, online, achievements/trophies, stages. That is literally like everything that makes a new
shaqfu.gif
ing game.[/QUOTE]

Hey, an expansion pack can add A LOT to a game, so much so that it makes it feel like an entirely different game.

EDIT: I don't feel like fixing this shit, CAG is fucked right now.

Finally broke down and bought the HIB even though I already had most of the games. The lady friend loves those damn physics puzzlers.

EDIT: Expansion Pack used to mean something that added content to an existing game which you needed to own to play. The term glorified expansion pack is what you would use to denote some of the shit capcom does.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I was actually arguing with a guy in GameStop about this yesterday, I think it's a new game since it has new balance, characters, online, achievements/trophies, stages. That is literally like everything that makes a new fucking game.[/QUOTE]

The easiest way to check if it's a new game: 50 new trophies/achievements? Check. Only sold at retail? Double check. No way for existing owner to upgrade? Check. New game as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']The easiest way to check if it's a new game: 50 new trophies/achievements? Check. Only sold at retail? Double check.[/QUOTE]

That only applies to games from this gen, though. Older games didn't have trophies/achievements, nor had the option of a digital release. [quote name='BlueScrote']EDIT: Expansion Pack used to mean something that added content to an existing game which you needed to own to play. The term glorified expansion pack is what you would use to denote some of the shit capcom does.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm just sayin' that's the way I view it. Either way, you'd normally have to buy a physical copy of the expansion pack to install, but now the games come with the "expansion" anyway in Capcom's case.

[quote name='distgfx']I wouldn't consider AE an expansion pack, that was a minimal update compared to SSFIV or UMvC3. AE is the equivalent of a new map pack for a shooter, whereas SSFIV was the equivalent of Halo 3 ODST.[/QUOTE]

Expansion packs don't separate players of the original game from people with the expansion.

AE is the perfect example of an expansion, IMO -- 4 new characters, 2 new secret boss fights, balance changes, new tweaks/features in existing modes, a few new expansion achivements/trophies, etc.. Owners of SSF4 can expand to SSF4AE by paying $15 and downloading the expansion, people can buy the original game+expansion at retail for $40.

UMvC3 on the other hand? They release it at a bargain price because they want to get existing users who already paid $60 or $70 to open their wallets again. It's better than when I was a teenager and Capcom kept releasing new iterations of SFII and I had to keep buying a brand new game at $50-$70 if I wanted a home copy.

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is also not an expansion. Sure, it adds new areas, new weapons and a new character, but it's the same premise... full retail release at a bargain price to get fans of the original to be more likely to open their wallets instead of boycotting the product and having it bomb.

[quote name='distgfx']That only applies to games from this gen, though. Older games didn't have trophies/achievements, nor had the option of a digital release.

Hey, I'm just sayin' that's the way I view it. Either way, you'd normally have to buy a physical copy of the expansion pack to install, but now the games come with the "expansion" anyway in Capcom's case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and even then, it was a "new game" to me, since I had to go to the store and buy it all over again for full price. Achievements and DD are something to judge current games by as far as I'm concerned... but previous games, like SNES era? SFII > SFIIT > SSF2 were all new games in my opinion.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Expansion packs don't separate players of the original game from people with the expansion.

AE is the perfect example of an expansion, IMO -- 4 new characters, 2 new secret boss fights, balance changes, new tweaks/features in existing modes, a few new expansion achivements/trophies, etc.. Owners of SSF4 can expand to SSF4AE by paying $15 and downloading the expansion, people can buy the original game+expansion at retail for $40.

UMvC3 on the other hand? They release it at a bargain price because they want to get existing users who already paid $60 or $70 to open their wallets again. It's better than when I was a teenager and Capcom kept releasing new iterations of SFII and I had to keep buying a brand new game at $50-$70 if I wanted a home copy.

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is also not an expansion. Sure, it adds new areas, new weapons and a new character, but it's the same premise... full retail release at a bargain price to get fans of the original to be more likely to open their wallets instead of boycotting the product and having it bomb.

That just my take on it though. No need to be super cereal. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I was paying $50 for a new game and then $30 for an expansion. Tack on the $10 tax from this gen and I'm still doing the same thing, lol. I saw a lot of value in expansion packs and I view the updates to Super/Ultimate as such. Except now I'm not required to buy the original game just to play the expansion. AE didn't have enough content for me to consider it a full blown expansion, but it was still a decent update.

Your use of bolding is not impressive. :booty: [quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, and even then, it was a "new game" to me, since I had to go to the store and buy it all over again for full price. Achievements and DD are something to judge current games by as far as I'm concerned... but previous games, like SNES era? SFII > SFIIT > SSF2 were all new games in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I had a Genesis, your argument has no effect on me! =(

[quote name='corrosivefrost'] Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is also not an expansion. Sure, it adds new areas, new weapons and a new character, but it's the same premise... full retail release at a bargain price to get fans of the original to be more likely to open their wallets instead of boycotting the product and having it bomb.[/QUOTE] Isn't DR2: Off the Record supposed to have an entirely new story mode though? I guess we'll have to see when it comes out, but to me it sounds almost like what AC:Brotherhood was in relation to ACII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back