GGT 177 can't wait for the crash of the gaming industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']You don't agree?[/QUOTE]

I agree, one just stole one of my best friends from college away, he and his fiance went and got pregnant, and the wedding isn't even for another 3 months. He already lives on the other coast, and I can say with certainty that I don't regret moving out here now; she already had him locked down before, and once they have a kid we'll probably talk even less than now, which is hardly at all unless to announce the next stage of life which he has rushed into.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']You don't agree?[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']All of my friends here except for two are locked down. I need more local friends.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm sorry I don't live out there, okay, hank?! How many times do I have to apologize for that?!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

You know we'd chill and get twwwwwwwwwwwwisted all the time, bro. :cool:

[quote name='icebeast']Joel, don't become this guy: [/QUOTE]
There's literally no chance of that happening. I had a hard time paying $5 for one yesterday, I would probably have a mental breakdown if I bought one at retail price.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Oh, I agree.

Me too.[/QUOTE]

That's what you get for being cross-state from Frost. If Buffalo wasn't 5+ hours away, I'd say it's time to meet up at the bar and drink them out of beer.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']There's literally no chance of that happening. I had a hard time paying $5 for one yesterday, I would probably have a mental breakdown if I bought one at retail price.[/QUOTE]

You say this now...

[quote name='hankmecrankme']You know we'd chill and get twwwwwwwwwwwwisted all the time, bro. :cool:[/QUOTE]

You're damn skippy we would. :bouncy:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's what you get for being cross-state from Frost. If Buffalo wasn't 5+ hours away, I'd say it's time to meet up at the bar and drink them out of beer.
[/QUOTE]

We'd be better off just meeting jimbro in philadelphia.

[quote name='linkpwns']My god, I fucking overworked myself at the gym today. I feel like shit, and I have to write a paper still :/[/QUOTE]

image.php

:lol: @ Capcom saying DLC and locked on disc content is the same to the BBB is hilarious.
I hope the BBB puts a foot up their ass, it would be amazing. ^_^

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Any way to get one of those Best Buy Gamer coupons for $15 off FFXIII-2 without getting the magazine?[/QUOTE]

Rip it out of the magazine when nobody is looking?

Buy the mag and then return it?

Get a cool/bad employee to let you use it for free?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']All of my friends here except for two are locked down. I need more local friends.[/QUOTE]

you asshole, you know where i live.

i'm rolling kegs out of this place every morning, where are you!?

[quote name='Indignate']Rip it out of the magazine when nobody is looking?

Buy the mag and then return it?

Get a cool/bad employee to let you use it for free?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more like scans -- or a coupon code for buying online.

[quote name='panzerfaust']you asshole, you know where i live.

i'm rolling kegs out of this place every morning, where are you!?[/QUOTE]

I do know where you live. I'm just scared Imma get raped. . .

Actually you should be scared. :bouncy:

Then I'll eat a gyro and bounce.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I was almost positive I saw Gabe Newell at my party last weekend, I was too shy to talk to him, though.[/QUOTE]
You son of a bitch.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I was almost positive I saw Gabe Newell at my party last weekend, I was too shy to talk to him, though.[/QUOTE]

JoEkH.jpg

So my brother lost his phone while going down Phillippes (Double black at Mammoth Mountain). It was sad because we had some awesome photos of us looking down a shear mountain side.

This isn't from us, but I did do this same run exactly two years later with a tad less snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cubjwIDzqps

Really wish I had those photos...

I think it's been too long since we've had a Mass Effect discussion. . .So I'll start. . .I honestly liked the Mako parts in the first Mass Effect. Nothing was more fun than rolling up on some aliens and just blasting them to shit with it.

Series as a whole feels schizophrenic to me. Like it doesn't know what identity it wants. Do you want to tell a deep story or not? Do you want to be an RPG or a third person shooter? Do you want the choices to matter or not? Because they usually don't matter much other than blue or red number shows up. And while I've only played Mass Effect 1 and a chunk of 2, it's going to be a lop sided trilogy for everyone. 2nd one just plays better than the first one, but the first one actually felt like it was telling a story and not just a bunch of side stories. I don't know when I'll play the 3rd one, but I've not heard good things about it.

Friend and I had a discussion about how burnt out we're getting on games in general. Great example would be Uncharted. He bought Uncharted 1 when it came out, we played a ton of it. I bought Uncharted 2 when it came out, we played a ton of it. Neither one of us feel like even playing Uncharted 3. Not that it's a bad game, but everyone tells me its not even as good as 2. Will I play it? For $15 or so, probably, but I'm in no rush. I've got an army of FPS games to play. I go play one, finish it, then I need a break from FPS. Gaming is just blending together at this point. I still love games, mind you, I did put some serious hours into Skyrim and I'm headed back into it this week. And I still love fighters.

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I think it's been too long since we've had a Mass Effect discussion. . .So I'll start. . .[/QUOTE]

What did I do to piss you off now?

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I think it's been too long since we've had a Mass Effect discussion. . .[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, ME3's ending overshadows all the parts of the series that are actually interesting.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Would you rather talk about the Hunger Games?[/QUOTE]

Quite possibly.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I think it's been too long since we've had a Mass Effect discussion. . .So I'll start. . .I honestly liked the Mako parts in the first Mass Effect. Nothing was more fun than rolling up on some aliens and just blasting them to shit with it.

Series as a whole feels schizophrenic to me. Like it doesn't know what identity it wants. Do you want to tell a deep story or not? Do you want to be an RPG or a third person shooter? Do you want the choices to matter or not? Because they usually don't matter much other than blue or red number shows up. And while I've only played Mass Effect 1 and a chunk of 2, it's going to be a lop sided trilogy for everyone. 2nd one just plays better than the first one, but the first one actually felt like it was telling a story and not just a bunch of side stories. I don't know when I'll play the 3rd one, but I've not heard good things about it.

Friend and I had a discussion about how burnt out we're getting on games in general. Great example would be Uncharted. He bought Uncharted 1 when it came out, we played a ton of it. I bought Uncharted 2 when it came out, we played a ton of it. Neither one of us feel like even playing Uncharted 3. Not that it's a bad game, but everyone tells me its not even as good as 2. Will I play it? For $15 or so, probably, but I'm in no rush. I've got an army of FPS games to play. I go play one, finish it, then I need a break from FPS. Gaming is just blending together at this point. I still love games, mind you, I did put some serious hours into Skyrim and I'm headed back into it this week. And I still love fighters.

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted 3 was miles better 2.

The Mako was the least of Mass Effect's problems, but I also enjoyed the original for its personality. ME2 was very hollywood and fun for very different reasons. And from what I hear about ME3, it just sounds like the developers got super pretentious with their ideas. The thing with the kid in the demo gave me a strong enough hint that I should wait until ME3 gets cheaper.

As for Uncharted, it sounds like they also went overboard with the 3rd installment. Scripted events can only be relied upon so much, and I hear that game is basically a movie.

As for the Mako: fix its shitty jetpack thingy, and there go 90% of the problems.

But BioWare is in this weird phase where they go, "We didn't implement something well? Scrap it entirely!"

[quote name='The Crotch']Unfortunately, ME3's ending overshadows all the parts of the series that are actually interesting.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I've seen the endings on Youtube. . .lol is all I gotta say about that.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Uncharted 3 was miles better 2.[/QUOTE]
Here's one vote for 3. Only one so far.

[quote name='distgfx']Yes.[/QUOTE]
Well I've not read it, nor will I. So you'll have to go read it and let me know how it is. ^__^

[quote name='panzerfaust']The Mako was the least of Mass Effect's problems, but I also enjoyed the original for its personality. ME2 was very hollywood and fun for very different reasons. And from what I hear about ME3, it just sounds like the developers got super pretentious with their ideas. The thing with the kid in the demo gave me a strong enough hint that I should wait until ME3 gets cheaper.

As for Uncharted, it sounds like they also went overboard with the 3rd installment. Scripted events can only be relied upon so much, and I hear that game is basically a movie.[/QUOTE]
Yes, agreed with the Mass Effect paragraph. And I've also heard Uncharted 3 is loaded with scripted scenes and long drawn out shootouts.

Remember when you'd actually play games instead of watching them? Nah, me neither.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Keep the problems and scrap what works, in the case of Dragon Age.[/QUOTE]
Eh, I dunno about that. I think it was more "scrap what works and purposefully build a new set of problems; a marauding golem of stone and shitty decisions so mighty that I honestly forget what the problems with DAO were".

I still say your review was too generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back