GGT 199 thinks it can review games

Status
Not open for further replies.
doyE1.jpg

Hovering's fairly common when taking cover near a ladder. For aiming purposes, he is treated as though he is on the ground behind the truck.

fb8xF.jpg

The area in the middle of the screen - that little strip of elevated ground that juts out a tiny bit - can be a pain in the ass to move to sometimes. Other times, it's totally fine.

dY7VE.jpg

They stopped hovering as soon as I moved them.

Bsi7m.jpg

It's supposed to be a left-mouse prompt.

AXUDS.jpg

Can't see the target right beside him...

oXMNy.jpg

CAN see the target inside the building.

9HVfR.jpg

Battle scanner falls through the floor of the map.

[quote name='j-cart']The Ship Yard is the the slowest part of Uncharted 3. The game picks up again after that, but you can tell Uncharted 3 was a rushed product.[/quote]

What sucks right now is respawning right in the middle of everything, with everyone chasing after you, with those fucking snipers killing your ass because you don't have cover where you are.

Also, it seems the AI has gotten more stupid since the last game. I love the grenade guys who keep blowing themselves up with their own grenades. Course, part of it could be because some of the level design seems to be designed for multiplayer and the AI can't navigate it without looking stupid.

Also, after all of this time, there is still some buggy behavior. (I was on a stairs, with an enemy beside me, and he just froze. Then there items like gas canisters and tires that seem to have no weight to them.)

[quote name='The Crotch']Xcom bug count: really fucking high.[/QUOTE]

Well, I find out tonight, when I actually have a chance to play the game. Personally, I'm not worried. I expect most of the bugs to be ironed out eventually.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I remember watching my friend play GRAW's campaign and having one of his AI dudes rocket launcher the wall directly in front of him, killing his whole squad.[/QUOTE]
GRAW2 was fucking RAW

It was the first and only Ghost Recon game I ever finished

[quote name='Inf^Shini']GRAW2 was fucking RAW

It was the first and only Ghost Recon game I ever finished[/QUOTE]

I liked playing multiplayer with friends. I used the loudest sniper rifle I could find, antivehicle rifle. ^__^

Also whoknows put me on his ignore list because I end every post with a smiley face. ^__^

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Are you on Whoknows' ignore list? I think not. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Whoknows, I'm jealous, add me to your ignore list.

^_^x KD

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'd never put Whoknows on my ignore list though, because I'm not a godless heathen like he is. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Is that why he doesn't like God Hand?

^_^x KD

Aaaaaand the patch introduced a new bug?

Used to be able to see how much damage your attack would take off an opponent's health bar if it does max damage. Now... nothing.

All this X-Com bug stuff makes me laugh...

Because I can't even play SWTOR PvP :cry:

8075811176_5211a2ec47_c.jpg

1. I am on the wrong side (Republic player on the Empire side)
2. All HP bars have "NaN" aka Not a Number
3. I am the only one in the game
4. This issue also prevents me from joining other groups
5. I CAN'T fuckING PLAY

[quote name='j-cart']All this X-Com bug stuff makes me laugh...

Because I can't even play SWTOR PvP :cry:

8075811176_5211a2ec47_c.jpg

1. I am on the wrong side (Republic player on the Empire side)
2. All HP bars have "NaN" aka Not a Number
3. I am the only one in the game
4. This issue also prevents me from joining other groups
5. I CAN'T fuckING PLAY[/QUOTE]
Neither can a lot of Xcom players. The patch introduced region locking where there previously was none.

Also, your character is ugly as sin.

You just wait 'til we get modding tools, peon.

And until then: Hank, I have some new screenshots for you to add to the slideshow.

oQ8Ua.jpg

I've been too slow in the past to get clearer images of this bug, but you can still tell what's going on: dude's looking one way and shooting another.

343Im.jpg

Here's the item-stuck-in-hand bug: in this case, the plasma rifle. Despite the model in his hand, he's actually firing his sidearm at the enemy. Note the hand position, muzzle flash, and the shell casings flying out of the gun.

Well, played 4 hours of XCOM tonight and had a blast. Really enjoying it.

Most of the bugs I've seen so far are the shooting-thru wall variety, mostly when trying to shoot around corners. I did have one case, where the alien stepped into the building, to shoot at my guy on the outside.

The only serious bug I came across was actually on the demo map (which came up on one of the missions in the regular game) where I couldn't move my guy to the roof for some reason.

Thanks, Hank.

The shoot-through-corner stuff isn't so much a bug as it is that the cover system is somewhat unintuitive, especially for people who played the original.

[quote name='The Crotch']Neither can a lot of Xcom players. The patch introduced region locking where there previously was none.

Also, your character is ugly as sin.[/QUOTE]

That is also another bug. All Avatars have this really bad Sith Corruption, even if they are Light sided or neutral.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']PC master race, huh? *continues to play bug free console version*[/QUOTE]

Just wait, something will run a muck :twisted:

[quote name='BlueScrote']I gotta say I always enjoy Crotch's play by play commentary on WTF design decisions on the games he plays.[/QUOTE]

me too. it actually makes me wanna play the games haha.

finished re6 last night. sweet game. not sure if im gonna replay on higher difficulties or not yet.

any friends here want some humble indie bundle steam codes?

I was looking back at the stuff I owned and alot of it overlapped with codes unused... so far i have available:

Wizorb, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, and Jamestown Steam Key
Gish Steam Key
Cortex Command Steam Key
Humble Bundle #1
Humble Bundle #2

If you already own alot in any of these, sorry, I want to give it to someone who "needs" em... but if you're an ol' GGT friend, they are yours.

Can't comment on Dishonored, but...

Xcom is an awesome game with a couple rarely-important but bafflingly stupid design decisions and a shitload of bugs, though most are of the visual variety and the ones that actually harm the gameplay are rare.

And according to Firefox, "bafflingly" isn't a word.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']me too. it actually makes me wanna play the games haha.[/QUOTE]

The game is a blast to play, despite the bugs.

I did have a couple more pop up today. When returning from a scientific research video, the menu appeared where the cursor was, not underneath the main menu.

Also, on a mission I had a selection box sticking in one square. None of it affected gameplay.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']so no one wants some damn steam games? oh well[/QUOTE]

Too many games to play. I have Binary Domain installed and I haven't even loaded it yet.

I am waiting for a good long weekend to knock out that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back