GGT #201 is buying Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask on Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jimbo Slice']yo seanr come to my halloween party friday[/QUOTE]Maybe I'll come since I plan to go to Philly in the near future (I'm just over 1 1/2 hours away now).

[quote name='The Crotch']So Firefall is a thing.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it is. It's been a long time coming too, I've lost most of my enthusiasm for it.

I knew it was a thing for quite a while now, but paid zero attention to it until a couple days ago.

I just snagged a beta key and started playing it. It's, um... I'm kinda mixed on it. The class that I picked seems really underwhelming and some of these quests are bullshit.

[quote name='Indignate']You know damn well why.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']Even I know why.[/QUOTE]

But I already bought the game and know it's fucking sweet.

More probably comes with it than the typical season pass.

I'm too lazy to look and confirm though because I don't care enough to.

Ok, well who the hell cares...it's fuckin' Calladuty.

We only care about Sonic, Fighting games, Prof. Gayton and other fanboy niche topics.

Guys, the answer is simple:

Call of Duty ZOMBIES!

I get 3 additional maps for BLOPS II MP and 1 map per DLC for ZOMBIES!

/edit: It has already been known for CoD DLC's to be $15 a pack. Saving that $10 for that season pass!

[quote name='gunm']Ok, well who the hell cares...it's fuckin' Calladuty.

We only care about Sonic, Fighting games, Prof. Gayton and other fanboy niche topics.[/QUOTE]
We have a winner!

[quote name='Indignate']What's a typical season pass?[/QUOTE]

Four $10 DLC's for $30?

Or something. I don't know.

I do know Capcom has been a little angel and has yet to release a season pass though.

[quote name='whoknows']Four $10 DLC's for $30?

Or something. I don't know.

I do know Capcom has been a little angel and has yet to release a season pass though.[/QUOTE]

That's because they know they would find a way to screw it up.

It's funny when the season pass for a game costs $10 less than the actual game. Microsoft should make a Windows 8 season pass that gives you two service packs and all updates for $30. Would be a deal.

Short dog? Hell yes. Fake players are like, "Why do I have to listen to this punk? Oh...he had his cock sucked at 14? Tell me more!"

Hm. I was expecting a bit more... content in this beta.

I guess maybe I'll try some PVP?

Ect71.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']Hm. I was expecting a bit more... content in this beta.

I guess maybe I'll try some PVP?

Ect71.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You talking about Hawken?

I was in the closed closed beta and it CTD the first time I loaded the launcher. Second time I tried playing it I got stuck after turning once. Complete loss of functionality.

This is why if you beta test, at least get paid for it.

Nah, Firefall.

Played for a couple hours and it seemed alright-ish but then I realized that there was absolutely nothing for me to do except PvP but combat just didn't feel satisfying enough for me to try it. Like if I tried PvP I get the feeling I'd just stop after two matches and go play Tribes.

Dark Souls question. What's up with the ghost enemies? I'm wearing the curse that allows me to damage them, but only 30% of my swings actually hit. I don't like it when games lie to me =[

Further Heart of the Swarm beta patching. Blizzard kinda-sorta seems to have realized that maybe protoss should have mobile detection that doesn't require a robo. And also realizing that everything about the oracle up until now has been terrible. Not huge on its new stuff, but it's still less terrible. A couple buffs to zerg and terran.

Also:
wh8a.png

Kotaku... has an interesting article up? Kotaku has an interesting article up. And a fucking long one, too, on the decline of Silicon Knights.

One source described SK president Denis Dyack as a man who has "repeatedly stated to the company that artists are ‘a dime a dozen' and can be replaced." The same source described Dyack as a man who "proudly smiles in staff meetings and describes his role as a ‘benevolent dictatorship.'... Dyack is SK; SK is Dyack. They are one and the same — a single unchanging entity."
"Once [Nintendo] were out of the picture, SK could do whatever they wanted," a source says. "Denis believed that SK was finally out from under the oppressive nature of Nintendo as a publisher. Once Denis was given more freedom, things started to fall apart."
I'm told that, at one point, SK experienced 25 resignations within a six-month period. "Only after the Activision producers started hearing bits and pieces about people leaving did they start inquiring about employee turnover," says one of the sources. In some cases, sources believe that Activision only found out via former SK employees updating their LinkedIn accounts. According to multiple sources, the publisher then "insisted that they be notified of departures of staff members, especially more senior members such as leads and directors." Startlingly, [X-Men: Destiny] chewed through four design directors during the course of development.
"SK didn't take the development of XMD seriously the entire time I was there," a source says. "They were working on an Eternal Darkness 2 demo that they could take to publishers. While I was there, they were even siphoning off staff from my [XMD] team to work on it."
Given the poor quality and sales performance of XMD across all platforms, it now seems less likely than ever that Silicon Knights can resurrect their once-proud history of producing quality games. Several sources report that the company today exists as a shell of its former self, employing less than five staff—including Denis Dyack.

Me, I just blame Ontario. fuck Ontario.

Ah Ninja Gaiden 2. As hard and unfair as I remember thee. It's a shame Tecmo and Microsoft both shoved this game out quickly to combat Metal Gear Solid 4. It really could've been something special if the game had 3-6 more months of polish and difficulty balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back