GGT 216 Is Full of Spam Posting Bots & Leda & Zeki Quotes

Guys, people now just run away from me in SWTOR in the open world PvP area. So lame.

Now we just roll 4 stealth class characters :D

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Also I want Platinum to make a Batman game.[/QUOTE]
wut

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I think Platinum could do more justice to some other characters, specifically:

Iron Fist (if this happened I'd seppuku after 1K'ing it because life couldn't get any better)
The Flash
Wolverine
Bronze Tiger (obviously this would NEVER happen but would be dope!)
Deadpool (even though he has a decent looking game in the pipeline)
Moon Knight
The Punisher
Iron Man

and many, many more. Although I CERTAINLY would not complain if they made a Batman game.[/QUOTE]
Outside of Deadpool, Wolverine, Bronze Tiger, or Iron Fist (which, holy shit, would be the coolest game ever) I don't think Platinum could do them justice. When I think Platinum I think of fast and hyper action. Not many characters in your list really are that. Especially not Punisher or Iron Man. Also, the new Deadpool game looks kinda shitty. :cry:

[quote name='BlueScrote']I was also actually thinking that Platinum could do other characters more justice. I think they could really do any street-level hero pretty well. Iron Fist, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Luke Cage etc.[/QUOTE]
Whaaaaat? I don't see how you guys are seeing Platinum being able to do anyone that's not combo-heavy action stars. Moon Knight needs a game like Batman and the Heroes for Hire should have a game like Assassin's Creed mixed with Mercenaries.

I mean, sure it'd be cool and completely ridiculous to have a game where Moon Knight is kicking the shit out of people and hitting his own devil trigger (Lunar Trigger?), I just don't think Marvel would ever let that happen because they want their games to be like their comics. Then again, we might see something like that in the future since they let Beenox do pretty much whatever the hell they wanted with Amazing Spider-Man (which is why it apes Arkham Asylum every chance it gets). I just want Platinum to do a Godhand sequel and I want Bungie to make an Iron Man game.

Actually, all of this is making me think... You guys should write up a pitch for a game that you'd like starring a comic book character/property. I used to talk about this all the time with some of my friends but I don't think I've ever talked about it in the GGT.

I will always say that Starbreeze should've made a Robocop game like Riddick. Just retell the first movie. Imagine watching in first person as your hand gets blown off. Awesome.

I've always dreamt about Grand Theft DCU. A GTA clone set in the DCU where you start out as a regular low-rent thug and experience all the various Crises from a street-level point of view. I wrote out a huge plan for this back when Blackest Night came out and sent it to WB and never heard back, but I never forgot. The character you'd play would experience all three Crises and even play a small part in Identity Crisis (which doesn't count in the major trilogy) and would die during the Final Crisis. Then you'd have to do some grunt work for Neron in hell before being allowed some slight haunting privileges in the real world. When you'd get up top you'd find out about Blackest Night and despite all of your best efforts you wouldn't be resurrected because you had no emotional ties at all to anyone because you spent so much time not getting caught that you never built a reputation as anyone's villain.

Since the Mercs 1 game came out I wanted a Heroes for Hire game and once AC Brotherhood came out I made some adjustments to my idea of it. It'd be an action game starring Danny and Luke and you'd tag-team all sorts of enemies and over time recruit more Heroes that you'd be able to send out on missions all around the world to keep the lights on. Of course, there'd be team-ups and all sorts of silver age good stuff. Even a great cameo by Jessica Jones and a joke about Luke ramming it up her pooper.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I will always say that Starbreeze should've made a Robocop game like Riddick. Just retell the first movie. Imagine watching in first person as your hand gets blown off. Awesome.[/QUOTE]
That sounds fucking AWESOME.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Especially not Punisher or Iron Man.

Whaaaaat? I don't see how you guys are seeing Platinum being able to do anyone that's not combo-heavy action stars. Moon Knight needs a game like Batman and the Heroes for Hire should have a game like Assassin's Creed mixed with Mercenaries.[/QUOTE]

Forget not, my son, that Vanquish exists and is amazing. I would definitely love an Iron Man game with a similar premise / set-up (obviously with flying sections as well).

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Forget not, my son, that Vanquish exists and is amazing. I would definitely love an Iron Man game with a similar premise / set-up (obviously with flying sections as well).[/QUOTE]
I forgot that was Platinum, I think. It would work. :applause:

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Actually, all of this is making me think... You guys should write up a pitch for a game that you'd like starring a comic book character/property. I used to talk about this all the time with some of my friends but I don't think I've ever talked about it in the GGT.[/QUOTE]

I want Ninja Theory to do the next Batman game.

Dev: Santa Monica Studios

IP: Ghost Rider

Voice Actor: Nick Cage

Dev: Volition

IP: The Incredible Hulk

Dev: Housemarque

IP: X-Men Legends Reboot

I got wayyy more...

[quote name='Indignate']This entire thread has been a disaster so far.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Comic books are for losers. Platinum should work on doing games based on Jane Austen books.

Ya'll seen that PS4 controller prototype? Not sure bout that d-pad, but otherwise not a terrible concept.

When will they scrap the controller and just do something similar to the animus for video games? We're all laying down while gaming anyways.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wow. Every EU copy of MGR:R gets the Grey Fox skin free.[/QUOTE]

Those asshole europeans don't even know who grey fox is

[quote name='gunm']http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513443

Sooo...DmC bombed?

WiiU sold barely more than Vita?

I guess the price drop on Wii U will happen sooner rather than later? I can wait...

Console gaming seems to be in a rut. Wonder how badly PS4 and Nextbox will do at this rate.[/QUOTE]
Its mostly 64 pages of people repeating each other but what I've gathered from this thread is that the wiiu, vita and DmC all flopped and that xbox is still the #1 console sold for 25 months straight.

PS4 controller looks hilarious.

[quote name='GUNNM']Its mostly 64 pages of autistic people repeating each other.[/QUOTE]
That's GAF in a nutshell.

I haven't played any Darksiders outside of the demo to the first game. I still want to pick up DmC but I will wait for a price drop. I remember DMC4 dropped in price pretty fast.

Too many games, too little time. I keep thinking that when i retire in my 60's Im gonna spend the first few years playing all these games i've missed. I usually think to myself, "Naw, I'll save that game for retirement." But then i think "What if i die before then?" Then i get depressed, drink a bottle of scotch, and start up yet another playthru of FF Tactics.

[quote name='Krymner']I haven't played any Darksiders outside of the demo to the first game. I still want to pick up DmC but I will wait for a price drop. I remember DMC4 dropped in price pretty fast.

Too many games, too little time. I keep thinking that when i retire in my 60's Im gonna spend the first few years playing all these games i've missed. I usually think to myself, "Naw, I'll save that game for retirement." But then i think "What if i die before then?" Then i get depressed, drink a bottle of scotch, and start up yet another playthru of FF Tactics.[/QUOTE]
If you like games like DMC, DS 1 will more to your liking. DS 2 is more about loot and collecting gear.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']For a second there, I thought you were talking about Dead Space.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one.

Wanna hear a cool story? I can't run today cause I opened the door over my foot and it peeled my toe nail back. ^___^

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I don't even try to keep up anymore. It's impossible.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but I caved and bought Darksiders II, I started the first one on 360, but got it free on PS3 with plus. Not sure if I should sell off the 360 copy and restart it or not. No time for that, although I don't think I was too far.

I need a gaming vacation.

[quote name='The Crotch']Countdown to j-cart linking me to the Feargus Urquhart interview on Rock Paper Shotgun begins... now.[/QUOTE]

lol What a name that is.

[quote name='GUNNM']If you like games like DMC, DS 1 will more to your liking. DS 2 is more about loot and collecting gear.[/QUOTE]

No. If he likes Zelda games, Darksiders will be to his liking.
If he likes DMC and action games, he should pick from the standard list and not go with something where there is a little bit of action-type combat but no real substance.

Bayonetta, Rising, DMC4, NGS, NGS2, God of War, etc.

[quote name='jkam']Agreed, but I caved and bought Darksiders II, I started the first one on 360, but got it free on PS3 with plus. Not sure if I should sell off the 360 copy and restart it or not. No time for that, although I don't think I was too far.

I need a gaming vacation.[/QUOTE]

Is DS1 still free for PS+? Might pick up a 3-month card tonight if it is and give it a try.

I'm just getting back from a 'gaming vacation' after only playing casually the last couple years. Lots to catch up on.

[quote name='The Crotch']Countdown to j-cart linking me to the Feargus Urquhart interview on Rock Paper Shotgun begins... now.[/QUOTE]

I will not satisfy you!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No. If he likes Zelda games, Darksiders will be to his liking.
If he likes DMC and action games, he should pick from the standard list and not go with something where there is a little bit of action-type combat but no real substance.

Bayonetta, Rising, DMC4, NGS, NGS2, God of War, etc.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Darksiders is not an action game. It is more like that shitty Diet & Caffeine Free God of War, with that additional Zelda flavoring on it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']No. If he likes Zelda games, Darksiders will be to his liking.

Bayonetta, Rising, DMC4, NGS, NGS2, God of War, etc.[/QUOTE]
Of course its more like Zelda but he said he liked DMC so I said if you like an action game at least play 1.

I liked this game more than I like twilight princess because it copied that zelda formula so well.

bread's done
Back