GGT 222 is the Official Arnold Schwarzenegger Thread.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Amd isnt putting out new cards til the end of the year. Dont know if that is going to change Nvidias thinking anytime soon.

Haswell comes out in June. Wait til then if you are building a new rig frosty.[/QUOTE]

When was this news for the AMD's cards not coming out till the end of the year? Because it is a smart decision on their side to delay their new cards.

Honestly even though Haswell will be new Intel chips, the current Ivy Bridge are still awesome. Can't go wrong with them. I'm guessing Nvidia is more into their Shield controller then anything else.

[quote name='ihadFG']I know I'm late, but I'll respond to these things from last thread anyway:

I think you are reading my post from the wrong direction. I'm saying the story in GTAIV kinda sucks because it doesn't fit with the gameplay, not the other way around. The story they wanted to tell isn't best told in a sandbox game. Other stories can work in a sandbox game, like Saint's Row 3 as icebeast pointed out.

Exactly. You and me are on the same page here. I feel like people are misunderstanding. It's not about realism exactly, it's about making a unified game. If your story doesn't work with your game, just leave it out. Put it elsewhere, in a game or movie or wherever it actually works.[/QUOTE]

BEWARE OF RANT:

SR3 barely has anything that's a story. You can't compare it to something along the lines of a Rockstar game where they actually try to write content and put something coherent and cohesive together... apples and oranges.

Would I buy your argument if GTA4 or any game of similar ilk FORCED you to do shit like that? Say, like SR or SR2 with the "you need respect to unlock the next story mission" bullshit? Oh, I have to steal and ambulance and drive recklessly through the city playing the mini game that doesn't fit with the story? Yeah, fuck that, that's bad design.

But leaving the ability to be as criminal as you want to be? That's on the player. You want to boot up GTA4 and murder everything with a pulse? Great, go ahead. But that has nothing to do with the story they're telling.

Might as well criticize Assassin's Creed cause you can just murder civilians as you see fit. Sure, it will make you go back to a check point if you do too many, but there's nothing stopping you from being a menace to the public (see: Hank). Or Sleeping Dogs, which Hank tells me gives you a mission where they give you infinite ammo and you just get driven around in a car blowing up cars and motorcycles that chase you and you can replay it infinitely to get better scores. Or even better, check how Hank plays any game with freedom really; players can murder cops at will in Sleeping Dogs and yet, there's a serious-ish story there about an undercover cop. Like an undercover cop is going to kill a single police officer, let alone the 100s or 1000s that Hank has. Or maybe Deus Ex, where Hank stabbed and shot anything with a pulse. Yeah, that totally fits the narrative. I guess the freedoms to do that should have been taken out so that they could tell their story... or better yet, they should have just not made a good game and made a movie instead.

[quote name='j-cart']When was this news for the AMD's cards not coming out till the end of the year? Because it is a smart decision on their side to delay their new cards.

Honestly even though Haswell will be new Intel chips, the current Ivy Bridge are still awesome. Can't go wrong with them. I'm guessing Nvidia is more into their Shield controller then anything else.[/QUOTE]
My 2500k is still kicking ass. Don't even need Ivy Bridge, it's barely better, and in some cases cannot even clock as high.

Haswell, from what I've read, will be 10% better at most. Pretty significant, but not worth the upgrade just yet. So, new GPU for me. ^__^

[quote name='corrosivefrost']BEWARE OF RANT:

SR3 barely has anything that's a story. You can't compare it to something along the lines of a Rockstar game where they actually try to write content and put something coherent and cohesive together... apples and oranges.

Would I buy your argument if GTA4 or any game of similar ilk FORCED you to do shit like that? Say, like SR or SR2 with the "you need respect to unlock the next story mission" bullshit? Oh, I have to steal and ambulance and drive recklessly through the city playing the mini game that doesn't fit with the story? Yeah, fuck that, that's bad design.

But leaving the ability to be as criminal as you want to be? That's on the player. You want to boot up GTA4 and murder everything with a pulse? Great, go ahead. But that has nothing to do with the story they're telling.

Might as well criticize Assassin's Creed cause you can just murder civilians as you see fit. Sure, it will make you go back to a check point if you do too many, but there's nothing stopping you from being a menace to the public (see: Hank). Or Sleeping Dogs, which Hank tells me gives you a mission where they give you infinite ammo and you just get driven around in a car blowing up cars and motorcycles that chase you and you can replay it infinitely to get better scores. Or even better, check how Hank plays any game with freedom really; players can murder cops at will in Sleeping Dogs and yet, there's a serious-ish story there about an undercover cop. Like an undercover cop is going to kill a single police officer, let alone the 100s or 1000s that Hank has. Or maybe Deus Ex, where Hank stabbed and shot anything with a pulse. Yeah, that totally fits the narrative. I guess the freedoms to do that should have been taken out so that they could tell their story... or better yet, they should have just not made a good game and made a movie instead.
[/QUOTE]
I think the moral of the story is that I try everything and kill everybody in every game I play. ^__^

Bought that shit (emphasis on shit) used from Blockbuster.

They gave me back all my money.

Probably because they knew the game was shitty ass shit stinky garbage.

[quote name='whoknows']Bought that shit (emphasis on shit) used from Blockbuster.

They gave me back all my money.

Probably because they knew the game was shitty ass shit stinky garbage.[/QUOTE]
b7b6gj.gif

Thats under suspicion
But it checks out

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I keep all my music on Compact Discs
My car stereo can even play them while I'm driving
Their the way of the future[/QUOTE]

their

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I keep all my music on Compact Discs
My car stereo can even play them while I'm driving
Their the way of the future[/QUOTE]

fuck that. I still use cassette. It's better and more convenient. I just play whatever music I want on my computer really loud, put a tape recorder next to it and push record.

fucking done. So simple and so convenient. I can have music on two sides of the tape. You only get one side of a CD. fucking waste of money.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I sent it back to Gamefly. Life is hard.[/QUOTE]

Then go buy it. Ninja Theory needs your money. There are too many people with bad taste who didn't buy the game like they should have.

But I just bought the CE of Tomb Raider because I wanted Crystal Dynamics to have my money. I do plan on getting DmC; Vergil's Downfall good?

[quote name='ActionKazimer']But I just bought the CE of Tomb Raider because I wanted Crystal Dynamics to have my money. I do plan on getting DmC; Vergil's Downfall good?[/QUOTE]

Dumb decision and dumb question.

1. Crystal Dynamics doesn't need your money.

2. I haven't played it, but duh. Of course it is. Gameplay of it looks freaking radical.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']BEWARE OF RANT:

[/QUOTE]

You are still missing my point. I'm not saying take the freedom of the gameplay out. I'm saying take the story out if it doesn't fit. If the story only fits one playstyle of the game, then it isn't a good choice to put that story in that game. It takes away from the story. And Rockstar's story is hardly cohesive when it is so at odds with many of the things you can do gameplay-wise. Saint Row 3's story is silly, but it is at least cohesive with the entire game. The story should be built with the game in mind.

Story only happens during story missions. If I make Lara Croft run around in circles for no reason that doesn't make it part of the story.

Not that it shouldn't be part of the story, but you know.

[quote name='whoknows']Story only happens during story missions. If I make Lara Croft run around in circles for no reason that doesn't make it part of the story.

Not that it shouldn't be part of the story, but you know.[/QUOTE]
What do you know?
Are you a game writer?
Stop talking shit

[quote name='whoknows']Dumb decision and dumb question.

1. Crystal Dynamics doesn't need your money.

2. I haven't played it, but duh. Of course it is. Gameplay of it looks freaking radical.[/QUOTE]

I haven't liked much of anything from CD since Legacy of Kain (rip.) I want to cast my vote to let them know to keep doing shit as good as this.

I just watched some gameplay of Vergil. You're right; looks pretty slick. fuck that animated intro though. I was pretty impressed by the animations in the game proper; Vergil especially. Bummer to see they couldn't do more for it.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']What do you know?
Are you a game writer?
Stop talking shit[/QUOTE]

I should fucking be. Destructoid wouldn't give me a fucking job though even though I emailed them and told them I'm a better troll than any of their writers.

[quote name='j-cart']When was this news for the AMD's cards not coming out till the end of the year? Because it is a smart decision on their side to delay their new cards.

Honestly even though Haswell will be new Intel chips, the current Ivy Bridge are still awesome. Can't go wrong with them. I'm guessing Nvidia is more into their Shield controller then anything else.[/QUOTE]

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2028408/amd-to-release-new-radeon-hd-8000-graphics-cards-in-2013.html

Q4 2013

I am rocking a 2500k like Hank (his probably sits at 4.5 just like mine). Haswell doesn't look like a big enough upgrade for me. Hoping to hold off on upgrading until DDR4 becomes standard and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

[quote name='whoknows']I should fucking be. Destructoid wouldn't give me a fucking job though even though I emailed them and told them I'm a better troll than any of their writers.[/QUOTE]
Jim Sterling would give you a run for your le money.

[quote name='whoknows']Jim Sterling is a fucking fuck face that can't compare to what I can do.[/QUOTE]
Hey
I'd hire you
No salary tho
Just room and board
Ign.com

[quote name='whoknows']Story only happens during story missions. [/QUOTE]

That's only adding to my point about there being disconnect though. GTA4 tries to incorporate the story even when you are goofing off by throwing stuff in like phone calls. It wants you to be immersed in the world and the story it's trying to tell. There is no actual separation between the campaign and running around killing people. And something like Nathan Drake killing hundreds of dudes does take place within the story missions.

[quote name='ihadFG']That's only adding to my point about there being disconnect though. GTA4 tries to incorporate the story even when you are goofing off by throwing stuff in like phone calls. It wants you to be immersed in the world and the story it's trying to tell. There is no actual separation between the campaign and running around killing people. And something like Nathan Drake killing hundreds of dudes does take place within the story missions.[/QUOTE]

OUR point. I brought this up first, dawg.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']what kind of beer[/QUOTE]

Good ol' Miller Lite. . .Couldn't get any Sol this week, and I have like 14 bottles of it, so whatever. Might have some Leinenkugels left. . .Too lazy to go get other beer.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Good ol' Miller Lite. . .Couldn't get any Sol this week, and I have like 14 bottles of it, so whatever. Might have some Leinenkugels left. . .Too lazy to go get other beer.[/QUOTE]
ugh
better than icehouse I guess

[quote name='ihadFG']That's only adding to my point about there being disconnect though. GTA4 tries to incorporate the story even when you are goofing off by throwing stuff in like phone calls. It wants you to be immersed in the world and the story it's trying to tell. There is no actual separation between the campaign and running around killing people. And something like Nathan Drake killing hundreds of dudes does take place within the story missions.[/QUOTE]

An action hero can kill hundreds of people. Just look at the ending to Commando. Arnold murders everyone and it doesn't really take me out of the movie.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']ugh
better than icehouse I guess[/QUOTE]

Or Busch Light. Friend was drinking that last weekend. Tastes like skunky water. Ugh, so many shitty beers.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']yep
idk why people buy that shit
its only like 2-3 bucks cheaper than budlight/miller light[/QUOTE]
Ugh, Bud Light. . .Swear to god, every single time I'm out at any bar, I will end up drinking a Bud Light by the end of the night because somebody will buy one for me. Last concert I was at, Clutch in Joliet, some random dude with no shirt on and full of tats was moshing in front of me, moshing away. I gave him the devil horns and we were headbanging. He goes and gets beers, brings me a Bud Light. I was thirsty as hell, so I slammed it.

Other time, I was chilling with some Mexican dude, and we were macking on these twins. He bought them Coronas, they bailed before he got back. He came back and asked where they were, I said they went to the bathroom, probably bailed. So we had Coronas. Not terrible, but it's no Sol.
[quote name='j-cart']This makes my recent 7950 purchase sound a lot better :D[/QUOTE]
My 480 is going strong still. Does everything I want, but I don't have Tomb Raider yet. Figure by the time it's cheap, I'll upgrade.

dude bud light isnt bad
just tastes like water rly lol

coronas good too
but they get stanky so easily because of the clear bottles

I hate getting a corona and its fucking stanked

mmmm pepsi
[quote name='ActionKazimer']Man, I just can't get into Revengeance.[/QUOTE]
Some people like good games some people don't.

bread's done
Back