GGT 224 just realized that life is one big circle jerk with QTEs and grinding

[quote name='ihadFG']The best part of Deus Ex's story was the Aaaadaaammm.

---

Also I saw the new Oz movie and it was good, guys.

---

And spicy taco human, please stop typing horribly.[/QUOTE]
I agree with all of this. Especially Oz, shit was great.

[quote name='whoknows']Was it great and powerful?[/QUOTE]
It was Batman.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
I'm down if I'm home.[/QUOTE]
WOOOO! I'll be ready!

[quote name='whoknows']I'd rather have Human Revolution 2. I really enjoyed the story.[/QUOTE]
Saaame.

[quote name='ihadFG']I always forget that people mispronounce it like that until I hear someone say it out loud.

Also, Ocarina is Ock-arina, not Oak-arina.[/QUOTE]
God, I can't stand people that mispronounce that shit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']ihadFG is pronounced I-had-$$$.[/QUOTE]

Really? All this time I've pronounced it "I-had-figs". My bad.

Yessir. . .we speak "Murican round these parts. . .

And we butcher pretty much any and all foreign words. Talk about fighting game characters and wait.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And we butcher pretty much any and all foreign words. Talk about fighting games characters and wait.[/QUOTE]

Blahzblue?

Alright, dothog.

s0lg3Em.jpg

River, mountain, lots of wheat, lots of salt. Nice.

1WtpC3J.jpg

Not much in the way of extra luxuries, though. Theodora is to the east and Boudica is to the southeast; neither the nicest nor the most hostile of neighbours. Still very early in, but the big story of the game so far is how fucking annoying it is protecting my academy from barbarians.

Soooo, looking forward to playing God of Wars Ascensions multiplayer later on, also anyone here play Gears of War and been getting the free DLC for Judgement? I still can't get the site with the paintball skin to load and whenever it does I only get partway and there's nothing left to do.

When the fuck do I expand as Babylon?

nsm51NN.jpg

That third city is probably going to get besieged in 20 turns, but I've never had the Great Barrier Reef in my territory before.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Soooo, looking forward to playing God of Wars Ascensions multiplayer later on, also anyone here play Gears of War and been getting the free DLC for Judgement? I still can't get the site with the paintball skin to load and whenever it does I only get partway and there's nothing left to do.[/QUOTE]

i got god of war also. i got the web skin weapon so far

Yeah, I got the web one and the one from Brisk (by asking them on Facebook), but cannot get the paintball website to work at all.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Yeah, I got the web one and the one from Brisk (by asking them on Facebook), but cannot get the paintball website to work at all.[/QUOTE]

wanna be my god of war coop buddy :3

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']why no reviews for starcraft yet?
some kind of super embargo[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panzerfaust']yeah let's hear IGN's insight on HotS balance changes[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Anyone who remotely cares about Starcraft has already decided whether they'll be picking it up at launch or not.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']wanna be my god of war coop buddy :3[/QUOTE]

I'll be up for that sometime, no idea where my bluetooth is atm since I haven't used it in ages (don't really talk on PS3), right now I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get any of the pre-order DLC for it....

[quote name='MoCiWe']I'll be up for that sometime, no idea where my bluetooth is atm since I haven't used it in ages (don't really talk on PS3), right now I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get any of the pre-order DLC for it....[/QUOTE]

ok :) i didnt pre-order gow. what pre-order bonuses do u get?

[quote name='GUNNM']Congrats man what'd you do differently? Yeah I also had no idea about ICH BIN KUNMATKMSO I thought it was upgrade everything I was almost done too I only needed machete. Now I can save my money for fox blade even if it is inferior to the murasama

S rank is really easy just don't forget if you die don't hit restart go back to title[/QUOTE]

Well, one change I made was staying in the corner in round 2. I used to run out so i'd be in the open in case I missed the parry and to change the camera to an angle I liked more. I had one round where I had the fenrir knife one of the hammers. I executed him and got slammed from behind by the dog that had disappeared during the zandatsu. I had another attemp where parried and killed the armored assholes at the same time, not sure how, exactly, I was just trying to live in the middle of that clusterfuck when the pincer strategy went horribly wrong. The dog managed to blindside me because I tried to lock on to him and it somehow shifted to a fucking dwarf gekko.

The good attempt, I somehow got all 3 of those fuckers with 1 parry. The execution prompt ended up having me slicing up Heavy A. By this point the dog was loose again... but I did the stinger move and noticed when i got close he was blue, so i just went into blade mode and cut the fucker into ribbons before anything could go wrong. At that point, I changed to the sai and tried to calmly complete the mission. Went off without a hitch... beat it in like 4:30.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually have allll of the GoWJ DLC that has been put out so far. Crazy since this is the first that I won't be buying Day 1.[/QUOTE]

What the fuck is God of War:J????
The new one is Ascension.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What the fuck is God of War:J????
The new one is Ascension.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the prequel to the prequel.

What else do they have left to do with God of War?

[quote name='whoknows']Maybe it's the prequel to the prequel.

What else do they have left to do with God of War?[/QUOTE]

Zombie Kratos is resurrected in a distant future where the Assassin's Creed Deities have come to earth and enslaved mankind.

[quote name='whoknows']I'd rather he be revived in far enough in the future to have a GOW/DmC crossover game.

Would be totally rad.[/QUOTE]

Kratos mercilessly slaughters Donte and Vagisil?

Is it like... uh... Demolition Man?

[quote name='snakemaster2389']ok :) i didnt pre-order gow. what pre-order bonuses do u get?[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to be four characters for multi and an additional hammer (from Best Buy)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually have allll of the GoWJ DLC that has been put out so far. Crazy since this is the first that I won't be buying Day 1.[/QUOTE]

How did you get the paintball skin to work! The site keeps acting up for me :(

[quote name='MoCiWe']
How did you get the paintball skin to work! The site keeps acting up for me :([/QUOTE]
I actually got quite a few from that site. Just did it in IE. I also used my Expertzone accounts to get codes though. After handing them out to friends I have around 10 left.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What the fuck is God of War:J????
The new one is Ascension.[/QUOTE]
I knowwwww. I just don't know what else to call itttttt.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually got quite a few from that site. Just did it in IE. I also used my Expertzone accounts to get codes though. After handing them out to friends I have around 10 left.[/QUOTE]

I tried on Internet Explorer and only got to around 12%, I can answer the first question then go through the videos and the "meet the characters" sections, but it keeps bringing me to a map with 3 symbols that don't do anything.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Kratos mercilessly slaughters Donte and Vagisil?

Is it like... uh... Demolition Man?[/QUOTE]

No no. They'd be on a team. If not Dante would be the good guy because he loves humans while Kratos only loves to kill them.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I tried on Internet Explorer and only got to around 12%, I can answer the first question then go through the videos and the "meet the characters" sections, but it keeps bringing me to a map with 3 symbols that don't do anything.[/QUOTE]
Here's a tip: You're supposed to be clicking every COG symbol to fill the progress bar. The 3 symbol map should be a layout of some levels.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Here's a tip: You're supposed to be clicking every COG symbol to fill the progress bar. The 3 symbol map should be a layout of some levels.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the site keeps being real slow and whenever I scroll I can only see half of the page lol, I'll get it eventually hopefully, just gonna click around like a mad man and such, the symbols on the map don't do anything if they're supposed to.

EDIT: I'm making more progress, I think stuff might just be loading really slowly right now.

EDIT2: None of this was happening at all before, I was just trying to click on the cogs in the backgrounds/pictures, now all the red cogs with info are loading, it was probably acting up more yesterday when I tried.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Yeah, the site keeps being real slow and whenever I scroll I can only see half of the page lol, I'll get it eventually hopefully, just gonna click around like a mad man and such, the symbols on the map don't do anything if they're supposed to.

EDIT: I'm making more progress, I think stuff might just be loading really slowly right now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's probably just being slow. I did just get a few more codes though, so it might be on your end.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, it's probably just being slow. I did just get a few more codes though, so it might be on your end.[/QUOTE]

Weird, my internet connection is fine and everything else is running great, might be a problem with some of my settings or such though

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Zombie Kratos is resurrected in a distant future where the Assassin's Creed Deities have come to earth and enslaved mankind.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']I'd rather he be revived in far enough in the future to have a GOW/DmC crossover game.

Would be totally rad.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Kratos mercilessly slaughters Donte and Vagisil?

Is it like... uh... Demolition Man?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='whoknows']No no. They'd be on a team. If not Dante would be the good guy because he loves humans while Kratos only loves to kill them.[/QUOTE]

I'd buy it.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, one change I made was staying in the corner in round 2. I used to run out so i'd be in the open in case I missed the parry and to change the camera to an angle I liked more. I had one round where I had the fenrir knife one of the hammers. I executed him and got slammed from behind by the dog that had disappeared during the zandatsu. I had another attemp where parried and killed the armored assholes at the same time, not sure how, exactly, I was just trying to live in the middle of that clusterfuck when the pincer strategy went horribly wrong. The dog managed to blindside me because I tried to lock on to him and it somehow shifted to a fucking dwarf gekko.[/QUOTE]Omg I finally did it.
fucked up thing is I beat wave 3 and died to the fucking dwarf geckos but I just laughed it off because I was mentally insane at the time.

But I finally did it the way to beat it is kill the wolfand pincer attack charge 2 it has invisibility on it and the hammers can't hit you. My heart was pounding on the GRAD hoping the pincer wouldn't somehow fucking miss

[quote name='The Crotch']Alright, dothog...[/QUOTE]
I gotta ask it: what the hell is your map setting? I'm so accustomed to doing Pangea by default that all this isolation you're going through is so weird to me. I'm usually pissed if I don't have 2 CSs within 4 scout moves, and even more pissed if I haven't met 4 civs by T30.

I use all the popup labels on resources, so it's tough for me ascertain tiles by graphics alone. I see the 2 salt tiles, and is that a dye/silk by your cap?

I could talk this thing until I'm blue in the face, because any game could go any number of directions. One thing I'm surprised at is the forward settlement (Akkad) on Boudicca, if only because a couple of GGTs ago, we were talking about how incredibly OP Petra is...and that spot between those oases is tempting for a run at Petra. Theo's perhaps too close, and you're unlikely to grab all the desert hills around there.

The salt is good for that cap growth, though. And good call on neglecting faith, with Boudicca and Theo nearby you have the worst possible chance of doing anything with faith. Overall, isolation is tough but might work if you're completely alone (meaning no chance of DOWs). Here you're only kinda isolated, and while you're on a softer difficulty level, you're going to have to play war eventually, as the civs you're stuck with are both given to fucking people over: Boudicca will come at you bro, and Theo will sweet talk you ahead of flipping on you and DOW'ing. It's a lock unless you're fully committed to building pointy sticks, but that kind of takes away from the whole point of playing Babylon.

If you saved at T0, you might try to replay the save and use that first settlement to gun for Petra. And cheat a bit and scout out past Theo. But still...yuck. If you're the type who sticks a save out no matter what, then keep the updates coming. But if it were me, I'd reroll. fuck that map. No CSs nearby is some bullshit. Not even because I often steal a worker (but not always), but because even that early 30 or 15 g makes a difference. The free worker is kind of a big deal, though.

[quote name='dothog']I gotta ask it: what the hell is your map setting? I'm so accustomed to doing Pangea by default that all this isolation you're going through is so weird to me. I'm usually pissed if I don't have 2 CSs within 4 scout moves, and even more pissed if I haven't met 4 civs by T30.

I use all the popup labels on resources, so it's tough for me ascertain tiles by graphics alone. I see the 2 salt tiles, and is that a dye/silk by your cap?

I could talk this thing until I'm blue in the face, because any game could go any number of directions. One thing I'm surprised at is the forward settlement (Akkad) on Boudicca, if only because a couple of GGTs ago, we were talking about how incredibly OP Petra is...and that spot between those oases is tempting for a run at Petra. Theo's perhaps too close, and you're unlikely to grab all the desert hills around there.

The salt is good for that cap growth, though. And good call on neglecting faith, with Boudicca and Theo nearby you have the worst possible chance of doing anything with faith. Overall, isolation is tough but might work if you're completely alone (meaning no chance of DOWs). Here you're only kinda isolated, and while you're on a softer difficulty level, you're going to have to play war eventually, as the civs you're stuck with are both given to fucking people over: Boudicca will come at you bro, and Theo will sweet talk you ahead of flipping on you and DOW'ing. It's a lock unless you're fully committed to building pointy sticks, but that kind of takes away from the whole point of playing Babylon.

If you saved at T0, you might try to replay the save and use that first settlement to gun for Petra. And cheat a bit and scout out past Theo. But still...yuck. If you're the type who sticks a save out no matter what, then keep the updates coming. But if it were me, I'd reroll. fuck that map. No CSs nearby is some bullshit. Not even because I often steal a worker (but not always), but because even that early 30 or 15 g makes a difference. The free worker is kind of a big deal, though.[/QUOTE]
Babylon has two salt, two wheat (one of which got my academy), and a silk. Akkad has two salt, a silk, a sheep, and really terrible ocean access. The reason I built it where I built it was mostly a matter of defence: on a hill and with a river between it and Theodora. My level 2 scout did manage to find a religious city state across a fair bit of water, so +30 gold there. The other civs haven't been worth much money at all so far.

coGuN2G.jpg

Great Barrier Reef with fish, yo.

EDIT: Settings are Continents Plus, Standard Map, Emperor Difficulty.

bread's done
Back