GGT 224 just realized that life is one big circle jerk with QTEs and grinding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98AzJT8FlmY

Love this damn movie.

Edit: [quote name='GUNNM']yeah it looks god damn good too can't wait
I love jim carrey I don't love him enough to see that shitty new movie he's in doe[/QUOTE]

I hope it's good. Shame Nic Cage won't be in it (beside a flashback it seems).

As for Jim Carry - I mean, he's not a bad actor by any means. I haven't cared for his last few movies, but he's put out some good stuff. With that said, Dumb and Dumber Too = Total hype.

Yeah nukka got abs and pecs and shit. Kinda worried I didn't see Jim's character at the finale battle with Motherfucker I assume he dies early. fucking trailers.

Or maybe he's going to appear with a fuckin' rocket and kill Mother fucker with it. Like father like son.

[quote name='GUNNM']Zoolander the only movie I liked ben stiller in and maybe tropic thunder[/QUOTE]

It's a shame they never made a sequel. ._.

I lied. There apparently is going to be a sequel. Hell YEAH.

I like that Clark Duke is still in it.

But I didn't see a scene where they rape his girlfriend. This movie isn't staying true to it's source material.

[quote name='panzerfaust']so after bioshock this year is dead until GTAV?[/QUOTE]
There's RE Revelations then its dead until GTA

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Sounds like a plan. We can do the ten revives where ever you think is best. Imagine it won't take too long. I'm actually curious if Heaven can be done in the main game or if it has to be done in the Awakening chapters. Either way, I'm game.

Prolly gonna hop on some Stalkers in a few minutes here.[/QUOTE]

Yup, as you know by now, I'm in the derpstalkers room.

And sure... I'm pretty sure we can just do the 10 revives in the prologue -- but if you want to try another area to see if the stasis trophy works there, sure. I'm game... you can host and pick a good spot if you think of one in the main game.

Quick search says it has to be done in the coop stuff. Medic stuff might work there though.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']GGs. ^__^[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Ggs dudes.[/QUOTE]

Indeed.

Let me know when you want to knock out the DS3 stuff.

[quote name='dothog']So I only just got to start up the save a while back. There's not much to report, I'm only now hitting Medieval at T80.

I had to "bootstrap" my way to that first worker, which gimped my growth. And I followed your settlements for the most part. I could potentially try for Petra, but it's all sizzle, no steak, for where I am.

I think the big difference in our games is that Theo LOVES me. She offered a DOF around T77. I didn't go for any wonders -- that includes G. Library. Maybe you scooped her on that wonder? You may have also neglected Embassies and trade. She was also testing me for friendship, asking for gifted GPT, which I gave happily knowing that the goddamn Celts were about. That may have been another reason she came after you.

Another reason Theo may like me is that, in not going for wonders, I have been pounding out Bowmen. I think I have 5 or 6. I'm massing them up, and pretty soon I'll go back and pop Construction so I can upgrade to composites if Boudicca gets testy. Theo may have mistaken my arsenal as potential warmongering.

Of course, I'm not fooling myself, I know Theo will turn on me. Hard. But through the next era or two, we are tight. I'm going to try to play nice with the Celts. Dur-Kuriwhatsit will show strength at all times, so if Boudicca wants it, Ima give to her.

I was able to also able to dump luxuries on both. I had to settle for a lot of GPT, but I did catch a few nice scores off of them. So here's where I stand having just finished Civil Service. The reason my settlements are so far behind is that I decided to beeline Philosophy and get my Nat'l College up right away. As soon Nat'l College finished (I chopped in the distance to get it done), I settled Akkad on top of that Incense tile.

I'm not keen on Akkad, but the extra science is a nice boost. It's not bad. The other settlement could work out, it should be good for hammers. I'm missing jungles for universities, but who knows.

Also, I'm turning in for the night so I'll have to pick it back up tomorrow. Overall I don't think I have a great chance here...some other civ, wherever the hell they are, should catch up to me in tech soon enough. And seeing as science is my only legit shot, I don't like my odds.

EDIT: Before I log, though, I was wondering when you got DOW'd by the Celts...it was pretty close to T80 or T90, wasn't it? I'm wondering if I can avoid that. I think I can, I think I've got the pointy sticks to keep her honest.[/QUOTE]
Celts didn't DOW me until after I took Constantinople, but that sounds like around the time the Byzantines attacked me, yeah.

EDIT: Byzantines attacked me on T100, actually. Celts attacked me ~135.

[quote name='Indignate']I like that Clark Duke is still in it.

But I didn't see a scene where they rape his girlfriend. This movie isn't staying true to it's source material.[/QUOTE]

last i read they were gonna keep it in

Couldn't sleep, so I got up about an hour ago and played on. I just polished off Sci Theory to sneak into the Industrial Era at T170.

Given the map, I think I'm doing the best I can. I don't think it will get a victory, though, but I might be misjudging this. My gut feeling from lots of old failed deity attempts is that it took too damn long to uncover the other civs. I have ZERO research agreements in place right now. That's the kiss of death for a science win, at least at deity it is. I'm trying to get them going, but everyone's broke (including me). I was hoping my BPT would be double my turn count by now, so I'm lagging behind there...though that may be unrealistic given the map and Akkad, which was fun in the early game but is now a shit settlement.

Then again, I could be on target for a win if the civs are doing fuckall, I really don't know how they think on this map/difficulty combo...

A good example is how things have turned out with Boudicca. While she hasn't offered a DOF, she's giving me 209/240 on Luxuries. Not bad. We have embassies, open borders. I'm doing everything I can to get the chick to dig me. And I'm still friends with Theo. I got scared that she was going to flip around T100, so I quickly upgraded a couple bows near the catapults and spears she had passing through. Nothing came of it.

And they're dragging ass in chasing wonders. Petra went relatively late (T140, I think?). The Pyramids were around past T100. Lots of stuff just sitting there. It's low hanging fruit, though, I want to stick to wonders I'd normally pursue in Deity play, although I'm definitely not following the prescribed "build orders" given map difficulties and a lack of decent neighbors/CSs. Anyhow, my first wonder was Pisa, and I used the free GP from that for an Engineer to immediately rush build Porcelain. Gotta have Porcelain...but again, it's worthless without RAs.

Also, I'm fending off shitloads of spies. It's nice because it allows me to do lots of forgiving for diplomacy. Now that I'll be getting my 2nd spy in Industrial, I'll just have him hop from cap to cap to collect intel for me to share. Should get me some friendships, I hope. That's the near term priority: I need RAs. BAD.

Anyhow, that's an update. I don't expect anyone to DOW me anytime soon, though that's exactly the time Theo likes to act up. But I've outteched them so far that they're not stupid enough to DOW me. I think this match will just fade away...it might come down to the wire, but I still don't feel comfortable with Akkad, and missing jungle tiles for a Univ is a killer. It's all bullshit unless I get at least 3 RAs in place.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if you saw, but Monty's to the east of Boudicca. So let's say you decided to play the Babylonian War Machine, and you take Theo and eventually get around to taking the Celts, too. In rolling through Monty, that would let you finish on a coast at his cap. At that point, you'd hopefully have enough GPT from puppets to buy yourself an armada and take most everything else by sea. The map sets you up kinda well for it, if that's the way you'd want to go. Then again, there may be someone between Boudicca and Monty, I have to uncover two more civs. But I doubt anyone's there, in my current save she and Monty have traded punches a few times, so I'm guessing they're neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are all missing some real awesome shit if you haven't been playing DarkStalkers with us. Hank, Frosty, Ikinc, and I were tearing shit up.

Not being friends with anyone is Boudica's thing. Embassies, trade, forgiven spying... doesn't matter. Boudica's DoFs are the rarest in the game.

EDIT: I jumped too far down the Planetside rabbit hole to get any Civ done today, so you are now officially ahead of me.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']You guys are all missing some real awesome shit if you haven't been playing DarkStalkers with us. Hank, Frosty, Ikinc, and I were tearing shit up.[/QUOTE]

Shit yeah we were. GGs all. :bouncy:

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Hell, I'm up. We can go now if you want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure -- I'll start a coop game and send you an invite -- all I need is the stasis one quickly, I think. We can see if you reviving me for the stasis counts toward your medic... if so, we can grind those out quick in the beginning of the coop... otherwise, we'll switch to the prologue of the main game.

Guys, I think Zeki is depressed.

I'm pretty sure he just went through and beat Spec Ops in one sitting.

This Amanda thing might be hurting him more than I previously thought.

[quote name='panzerfaust']so after bioshock this year is dead until GTAV?[/QUOTE]

Backlog time!!

I have several backloged games I want to finish, but no motivation to do so. I read Crotch and dothog yammering about Civ 5, yet there my copy still sits unopened on the shelf.

I got that Darkstalkers. Anyone wanna play some time between 2-4pm EST today? If not, then I'm on spring break next week, so I'll be available most of the time starting Sunday, so hit me up when you guys are playing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Yeah, sure -- I'll start a coop game and send you an invite -- all I need is the stasis one quickly, I think. We can see if you reviving me for the stasis counts toward your medic... if so, we can grind those out quick in the beginning of the coop... otherwise, we'll switch to the prologue of the main game.[/QUOTE]

Shit, sorry I missed you. Ended up starting my Classic run then zonked out. We'll meet up .

Stalkers was fun. Been way too long since I've had a shot at an extended set. Doesn't help that I was trying to do DS3 moves half of the time, hahaha. What fighters do you guys usually play other than 3S? I've got most of mine on 360, but I'm not above grabbing another copy if I've actually got people to play with.

[quote name='ihadFG']I got that Darkstalkers. Anyone wanna play some time between 2-4pm EST today? If not, then I'm on spring break next week, so I'll be available most of the time starting Sunday, so hit me up when you guys are playing.[/QUOTE]
I'm available! Just remember to text me to get on!

[quote name='ActionKazimer']
Stalkers was fun. Been way too long since I've had a shot at an extended set. Doesn't help that I was trying to do DS3 moves half of the time, hahaha. What fighters do you guys usually play other than 3S? I've got most of mine on 360, but I'm not above grabbing another copy if I've actually got people to play with.[/QUOTE]
We play pretty much all of them. Mainstays are Soul Calibur 5, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, and UMvC3, though. We also play some MvCO every great once in a while. 3S in the one we're probably in most.
-------
One of the best fights from last night!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topSOEd4rQ8&list=UUs7iNsfR1Z9Feh6M6AYv4EQ&index=1

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm available! Just remember to text me to get on!

We play pretty much all of them. Mainstays are Soul Calibur 5, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, and UMvC3, though. We also play some MvCO every great once in a while. 3S in the one we're probably in most.
-------
One of the best fights from last night!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topSOEd4rQ8&list=UUs7iNsfR1Z9Feh6M6AYv4EQ&index=1[/QUOTE]

Bahahaha, if my "best" you mean "Watch how I forget teching is even an option when Pyron's on the screen." I felt like a retard after that one. Respect for those throw set-ups all night, Hank.

I liked our Jon mirrors too, Joel. Kung-fu classics.

I played mad UMvC for a while, and I was a huge fan of SCV despite having no one to play with. If I seem em cheap for PS3, I'll snag em one of these days.

[quote name='ihadFG']I got that Darkstalkers. Anyone wanna play some time between 2-4pm EST today? If not, then I'm on spring break next week, so I'll be available most of the time starting Sunday, so hit me up when you guys are playing.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, hit me up too. Shit's a blast. :bouncy:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']We play pretty much all of them. Mainstays are Soul Calibur 5, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter x Tekken, and UMvC3, though. We also play some MvCO every great once in a while. 3S in the one we're probably in most.
-------
One of the best fights from last night![/QUOTE]
I felt dirty after that fight. lol And yes, I'm down to play any of those. Let's get some rooms going more often. ^___^

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Bahahaha, if my "best" you mean "Watch how I forget teching is even an option when Pyron's on the screen." I felt like a retard after that one. Respect for those throw set-ups all night, Hank.

I liked our Jon mirrors too, Joel. Kung-fu classics.

I played mad UMvC for a while, and I was a huge fan of SCV despite having no one to play with. If I seem em cheap for PS3, I'll snag em one of these days.[/QUOTE]
Those throw setups are just my ST days coming back. That's all I do in that game. lol Definitely some good games last night. Pick up SCV and I'm down. Been too long since I've played it.

I should be around.
Just get my attention and I'll hop on.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Pick up SCV and I'm down. Been too long since I've played it.[/QUOTE]

Sheeit, I'ma see if I can find it cheap. I actually loved the game, just couldn't find any consistent parties to play with. Netcode good on PSN? It was dreamy on 360.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Sheeit, I'ma see if I can find it cheap. I actually loved the game, just couldn't find any consistent parties to play with. Netcode good on PSN? It was dreamy on 360.[/QUOTE]

I don't know that I've seen a multiplatform game recently where the netcode was shit on PS3 but good on 360. There was that problem with the P4A netcode, but that was on 360. Usually if it sucks on one, it sucks on both.

Let me know when you're free to do some Dead Space 3 today and we can hook it up and knock those out. If you're up for it, I'm in the middle of my pure survival playthrough of the DLC... might make for a good spot to see about getting that DLC co-op achievement as well as seeing if revives in the DLC count toward your main game medic achievement.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yeah, hit me up too. Shit's a blast. :bouncy:

I felt dirty after that fight. lol And yes, I'm down to play any of those. Let's get some rooms going more often. ^___^

Those throw setups are just my ST days coming back. That's all I do in that game. lol Definitely some good games last night. Pick up SCV and I'm down. Been too long since I've played it.[/QUOTE]

Yup.

And Yup.
I'd say a lot of us have KoF13, from Plus, but the netcode sucks from what I hear and there are no lobbies. I'll pretty much play anything I have on PSN/PS3 that's a fighter, if you have it and want to play. Have AE from plus? I'd hop on that sometime (though Hank and Uraizen aren't fans of that game at all). Several of us have Sony Smash (still consider that a party game, even if I begrudgingly admit that SRK has a forum for it.) Other games: Several of us had Blazeblue CS2 EX, a few of us have Skullgirls though I've never played against anyone online with that, and I still have MK9 but the netcode wasn't great unless you were not too far away location-wise. I think Uraizen has Arcana Hearts 3, but that was kind of niche (him, icebeast, maybe Josh).

And Yup. I might end up shaking off the rust and doing that too; current problem is I'm still adjusting to the speed and feel of the game, so the SF2 stuff wasn't coming out yet. :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't know that I've seen a multiplatform game recently where the netcode was shit on PS3 but good on 360. There was that problem with the P4A netcode, but that was on 360. Usually if it sucks on one, it sucks on both.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, P4A's the big example I'm coming off of, haha. Shaking off the fighter rust has me wanting to jump back onto that one. Shit's fun.

I played a bunch of Sony Smash in week one, half because my buddies worked on it, half because I was having fun. Kinda fell off hard and never went back though. I'd be all for firing it up just to dick around, either way.

I've actually been thinking about getting back into 3SO. Shit's a blast to watch, and I did enjoy what I played of it back in the day. I've got AE and KOF locked from PS+, but I don't have the HD space for em with Okami HD still sitting there. I ain't great at AE, but I'll hop around with Ibuki and Gief all day.

I'll hit you up sometime after work for that Dead Space stuff. Prolly close to 6 EST if you're around. Got some freelance shit in today that I have to start chipping away at.

BTW, Hank I'll shoot you a FR when I get home. Spaced out last night!

Consoles only

April
Injustice
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Dead Island Riptide

May
Metro Last Light
Resident Evil Revelations HD

June
Last of Us (ps3 only)
Lost Planet 3
Remember Me
Company of Heroes 3

July
Deadpool

August
Splinter Cell Conviction

I left out the sports games. Also I can't play 3DS b/c it gives me a headache and I own a PSP with over 40 UMD games that won't work on Vita so I'm kinda out of the handheld loop.

There's also some good handheld games coming out as well, at least for the 3DS for sure, I've got quite a few games ordered for it currently.

[quote name='MoCiWe']There's also some good handheld games coming out as well, at least for the 3DS for sure, I've got quite a few games ordered for it currently.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Monster Hunter's gonna be a heavy hitter for me.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Yeah, Monster Hunter's gonna be a heavy hitter for me.[/QUOTE]

I'll be picking that one up one Wii U myself, been a huge fan of online play in that series since the original on PS2, and it's the main reason me and a few friends even picked up a Wii U, but I played the demo on both and will probably pick it up on 3DS sometime down the line as well.

Also, for that Bioshock trailer "from the makers of the highest rated shooter of all time", that doesn't look like Half-Life 3, silly trailer! (Yes, I noticed it said based on average across all platforms which means the PS2 HL1 and PS3 Orange Box screwed it up, but am just poking fun at how they do that, I'll be picking up the game for sure)

Uhh guys, the best third installment of this year comes out this month, Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel!

In reality, the game could be a sleeper...

Now for the real talk, PS4 comes out this fall, so expect all the launch title for that to drop. BF4, Destiny and whatever CoD will come out this fall aswell. Pretty sure the next AC has those AC peeps hyped, doubt ubisoft will drop Watch Dogs in 2013. The South Park RPG is certainly in limbo, but I would expect a late summer release and that goes for all the other THQ titles that were picked up (CoH, WWE game, next Saints Row game, etc.). As for PC, SWTOR gets their first expansion this Spring/Summer. FF11 gets an expansion, FF14 2.0 is expected to drop this summer and ESO will do something, how well is TBD. That is all the MMO talk and technically DotA2 has not been released, so there is that. Arma 3 just dropped, but it is currently in the Alpha stage. DayZ is still somewhere in the making, when it will be done is a question on how well they polish the final product. The whole slew of Kickstarter games should be dropping this year as well, which includes Wasteland 2. Then the whole bunch of F2P games like Warface and Warframe should go into full beta/retail this fall aswell.

I dont think I got everything, but there are a LOT of games for each genre dropping this year.

/edit: Forgot about DA3. Not sure how I feel about when it should drop. Fall release for the dat holiday season is super attractive, but this game NEEDs to be of DA:O quality and some.

LP3, ugh... Spark Unlimited.

Go look them up.

I still want to play LP2. If fucking Cashcom would just let be buy a 4 pack for $40, three of you would be getting the game from me.

/edit: Oh totally forgot that the new Pokemon 3DS drops this fall and "emotion" guy of Heavy Rain fame has his next game Beyond: Two Souls drops this fall too.

bread's done
Back