GGT 224 just realized that life is one big circle jerk with QTEs and grinding

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Anyone want to play Sony Smash or anything?[/QUOTE]

Maybe. But I dunno about Sony Smash tonight...
I thought Hank was going to do Derpstalkers again, but he dropped off AIM, so I think he's done for the night.

I might play some rising instead of a fighter.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Hahaha, didn't bug me for a second. I've adored every DS game, but I've seen enough of 3 for a while. Just plowing through shit at this point.

I doubt I'll even do any of the co-op stuff on Impossible. I'm not even stopping for side missions on Classic. I figure I've got 97.5% completion on my first save file; I"ll just head back to that to mop up collectibles at some point.

I was losing my shit when I heard Isaac yelling "BANGBANGBANG." Been a while since rocking the handcannon in 2. Such a good reward.[/QUOTE]

I was having a blast hamming it up with the reload action while we were plaing. ;)
And I love me some Dead Space too -- I did my first run on mostly impossible... grabbed all the collectibles then plowed through Survival with the same random; I did classic (of course) and hardcore on my own. I didn't do the extra missions on any of the runs other than the first one to get the trophy to pop. ;)

[quote name='CaptainJoel']TellGameStop.com

You're easily entitled to at LEAST a $20 gift card. District managers flip shit over that kinda stuff. Also, good job not slapping the shit out of the guy verbally or physically.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I guess I could talk to corporate...like a boss.

It was pretty petty stuff, but I just found his attitude perplexing, especially from an older dude.

Alright, up to turn 144. Found the Aztecs and made peace with Boudica (got a little bit of money out of her, but nothing major). Mostly working on wonders in Babylon, developing sea tiles in Dur-Kurigalzu, and polishing off missing buildings in Akkad.

You never ended up working any of the marble hexes to the west, did you, dothog?

EDIT: Ahaha. Turn 145: Montezuma has declared war on Boudica.

EDIT2: 151, the war ends with nothing much changed.

[quote name='The Crotch']You know full well what I want to play, berk.[/QUOTE]
Well, try to set us up? Josh is on spring break this next week and I'm sure Mikey has got to have at least one day free. I know I'd like to play some CAH or Galactica.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i want 4 player sony smash[/QUOTE]
We could play, Taco$$$$a.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Maybe. But I dunno about Sony Smash tonight...
I thought Hank was going to do Derpstalkers again, but he dropped off AIM, so I think he's done for the night.

I might play some rising instead of a fighter.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan. I need to go back to Rising myself.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Haha, I guess I could talk to corporate...like a boss.

It was pretty petty stuff, but I just found his attitude perplexing, especially from an older dude.[/QUOTE]
While you may view it as petty, it's always a good thing to talk to corporate about it.Worst case scenario is they do nothing. Best case is they give you a $100 gift card and a bunch of preorder shit.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I guess if nothing else, I'd at least be able to build up my career solo and transfer to WiiU whenever I end up getting one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would work. Being able to transfer back and forth is nice, either way; at least you get to play another Monster Hunter game in general, and hopefully they'll bring over 4.

169: Aztecs found a religion. Boudica declares war on me. Aztecs covet my land despite being on the other side of the fucking continent.

EDIT: Peace on 174. Just made my fourth Great Scientist. I have no idea what "efficient" GS use is, but I have three academies on the ground right now. Should I start popping them for free techs or what? Do observatories and shit apply to academy beakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']While you may view it as petty, it's always a good thing to talk to corporate about it.Worst case scenario is they do nothing. Best case is they give you a $100 gift card and a bunch of preorder shit.[/QUOTE]

Best case scenario would be friggin sweet.

enhanced-buzz-21888-1363277282-5.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']Alright, up to turn 144. Found the Aztecs and made peace with Boudica (got a little bit of money out of her, but nothing major). Mostly working on wonders in Babylon, developing sea tiles in Dur-Kurigalzu, and polishing off missing buildings in Akkad.

You never ended up working any of the marble hexes to the west, did you, dothog?

EDIT: Ahaha. Turn 145: Montezuma has declared war on Boudica.

EDIT2: 151, the war ends with nothing much changed.[/QUOTE]

No, I never worked the marble. In going over that way, I was surprised at the CSs just off-shore. Had I known of them, I might've cheated and gone to Optics earlier to get a worker steal and an extra 100-150 gold. They were linked nicely, so you could get a long way with coast hugging.

As for Monty and Boudicca, they'll be going at it all match. Are you still planning on warmongering? If that's the plan, you should gear up your forces so you can roll over one or the other as soon as they make peace. The Celts were especially weak in my game, she should go down fast.

I know you love the wonders, but you might consider serving your warmongering better by producing a shitload of troops. At least take that whole continent and see where it leaves you, then get down to infrastructure.

That would be my pop-up advice if I were one of the Civ 5 advisors. The longer version is to note that the earlier you wipe those two shitheels out (and I say that with much love for Monty, he's one of my favorites), the easier it will be. Monty has access to some good resources IIRC, and I would imagine the terrain over his way is jungle for the goddamn jaguars. You don't want to conduct an assault through goddamn jungle when he's upgraded those SOBs to whatever the shit jaguars upgrade to (swords, I guess?). Though he may have already done that by T150.

I hope you're taking screens. Even if it gets ugly. The ugly games can be the most fun...my play on that save was evidence of that, though it'll lack the all-era fireworks of yours. Just remember, I would imagine one thing our saves will have in common is that Siam and Persia are out to expand. So whatever you've got in mind for your victory condition, keep in mind one rival civ's got CS ass kissing and culture in mind and the other's got culture and potentially science in mind.

[quote name='The Crotch']
EDIT: Peace on 174. Just made my fourth Great Scientist. I have no idea what "efficient" GS use is, but I have three academies on the ground right now. Should I start popping them for free techs or what? Do observatories and shit apply to academy beakers? [/QUOTE]
If you're playing a straight-laced science game, you'd turn all GSs into academies until (roughly) the time you get Research Labs up. Then you'd sleep all GSs so that you can bulb your way to get to the SS part techs. The end game goes by in a blur, so I really don't know that end of the tech tree, I'm too busy bulbing or using Oxford to bully my way to the end.

For what you're doing, you definitely want to keep your tech edge, you want to stay a few eras ahead if possible. But you also need hammers for owning that continent. If I were in your shoes, I'd try to make taking that continent your priority. Maybe it's building a big force and doing it all yourself, maybe it's bribing Boudicca to DOW Monty and follow that up, I don't know. You're in a very interesting pickle, because having wiped out Theo, nobody's about to throw a DOF and RA your way. You're pushed to warmonger in that sense. However, you've got a beaker advantage you have to use. It should be a crazy hybrid game.

All of which is to say, if things are getting crazy with Monty, maybe you'd see fit to bulb your way to a particularly useful military advantage. Who knows.

Oh, and Observatory, Universities, all +Science bonuses DEFINITELY apply to academies. I'm turning in, so here's to the Babylonian War Machine. Light 'em up, Nebbie!

And like fucking clockwork, Montezuma declares war on Boudica. I think I'll just conquer her next time; Jesus.

Almost have Porcelain Tower up. Will use the scientist from it to grab Electricity.

EDIT: Also, spy catchin' fools left and fucking right, here. It's 178 here, and I don't think he's upgraded his Jaguars at all. Maybe he doesn't have iron? Dude's army seems really knight-heavy.

EDIT2: Alright, I turned my last couple GSes into tech rather than acadmies just to get education and electricity, but I'll stop doing that from now on. I've got gatling guns now at least. Ain't nobody got shit on my gatling guns.

EDIT3: Around T200, someone lost their capital. And I found the Mayans, who are apparently on the brink of extinction.

EDIT4: T209. Allies with a nearby city state to get a bit of free happiness and aluminum. Met England and Persia, who seem to be doing fairly well for themselves. Reached the Modern era a couple turns back. I am the worst warmonger ever. Nobody really seems to care about my killing the Byzantines? Boudica is the only one with the "Warmongering Menace" penalty actually showing in the diplo screen, and even that is a very recent development. Can't actually get a DOF out of anyone, though.

Alright, I turned my last couple GSes into tech rather than acadmies just to get education and electricity, but I'll stop doing that from now on. I've got gatling guns now at least. Ain't nobody got shit on my gatling guns.

[quote name='Indignate']If they can announce Raven for Injustice than Zatanna can't be that far off.

Right?

RIGHT?[/QUOTE]
I think she'll be around soon. I must admit, while I expected Raven because of the push that Titans is going to be giving her soon, I thought she was a longshot. The only character we've got so far that I didn't expect at all was Doomsday.

Kojima is awesome.

However ice baths sucks, but a pulled groin is even worse.

When Kojima is mention, a dick joke must be made.

[quote name='Luxuria']
272ae2128cda11e2996722000a9f18fe_7.jpg

Oh Kojima.

Lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yRpbxBDA1-Q[/QUOTE]
The fuck? I haven't seen anything about this game, but Kojima is love. Kojima is life.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'm eating waffles, bitches.[/QUOTE]
Fuuuuck yeah!

[quote name='j-cart']Kojima is awesome.

However ice baths sucks, but a pulled groin is even worse.

When Kojima is mention, a dick joke must be made.[/QUOTE]
True. Dicks dicks, butts butts.

Kojima needs to stop being a self centered asshole and just reveal phantom pains is GTA 5 and you're playing as liquid now.

Anyone here in the top 1% of Playstation gamers? You should of gotten an invite from Sony to join the Playstation MVPs!!

I guess mine should be coming soon......

Played a bunch more Uncharted 2 last night. I'm near the end (middle of Chapter 25) but got too tired/late to finish it. Will knock it out over the weekend.

I found that link on a post at GameFAQs, I don't use that site myself but just thought that article was interesting, but yeah I do agree with you on the ads.

[quote name='The Crotch']And like fucking clockwork, Montezuma declares war on Boudica. I think I'll just conquer her next time; Jesus.

Almost have Porcelain Tower up. Will use the scientist from it to grab Electricity.

EDIT: Also, spy catchin' fools left and fucking right, here. It's 178 here, and I don't think he's upgraded his Jaguars at all. Maybe he doesn't have iron? Dude's army seems really knight-heavy.

EDIT2: Alright, I turned my last couple GSes into tech rather than acadmies just to get education and electricity, but I'll stop doing that from now on. I've got gatling guns now at least. Ain't nobody got shit on my gatling guns.

EDIT3: Around T200, someone lost their capital. And I found the Mayans, who are apparently on the brink of extinction.

EDIT4: T209. Allies with a nearby city state to get a bit of free happiness and aluminum. Met England and Persia, who seem to be doing fairly well for themselves. Reached the Modern era a couple turns back. I am the worst warmonger ever. Nobody really seems to care about my killing the Byzantines? Boudica is the only one with the "Warmongering Menace" penalty actually showing in the diplo screen, and even that is a very recent development. Can't actually get a DOF out of anyone, though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, diplomacy can be tricky. New expansion will hopefully make things more explicit (yet at the same time add subtle nuances).

As a general rule I avoid leveling any civ, just because I'm paranoid. I don't trust that the AI doesn't treat me as a warmonger diplomatically, even if the mouseover doesn't indicate that they think of me as a warmonger. I think what you're seeing -- the trouble getting DOFs -- might be evidence of that. But it's not voodoo, someone on civfanatics has probably charted it pretty well and can tell us how other civs view your wiping out Theo and what it does to your odds for DOFs.

I'm not a good warmonger, in part because the tedium of moving shitloads of units gets to me. So I'm not good at actual tactics, it's more an abstraction. But if you've got a big military tech advantage, you should roll with it. Monty will eventually get to you, Boudicca was weak in both of our games.

That's one of the things I like about Monty: if he's not a neighbor now, give it time. He will be soon. But by then you may not have a substantial military edge. You may have more powerful units on a per-unit basis, but Monty may have sheer volume. Volume typically wins unless your units's a full 2 or 3 eras over its opponent.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Played a bunch more Uncharted 2 last night. I'm near the end (middle of Chapter 25) but got too tired/late to finish it. Will knock it out over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I really wish they'd just stop before the last third in Uncharted games. I could somewhat tolerate the nazi zombies in the first one, but the mad Yeti's with crossbows were just pointless in the second.

U3 is up on my shelf. I'm afriad to guess what it has. Pirate Werewolves?

[quote name='eldergamer']I really wish they'd just stop before the last third in Uncharted games. I could somewhat tolerate the nazi zombies in the first one, but the mad Yeti's with crossbows were just pointless in the second.

U3 is up on my shelf. I'm afriad to guess what it has. Pirate Werewolves?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree. Both of the first two got pretty annoying in the latter part of the game with that shit.

I have U3 on my shelf as well, but will play some other stuff before getting to it.

[quote name='eldergamer']I really wish they'd just stop before the last third in Uncharted games. I could somewhat tolerate the nazi zombies in the first one, but the mad Yeti's with crossbows were just pointless in the second.

U3 is up on my shelf. I'm afriad to guess what it has. Pirate Werewolves?[/QUOTE]

But the yetis weren't yetis...

I have no problems with that stuff at the end. In fact I like it.

However the end of Uncharted 2 was really just terrible.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Auughh, seriously considering pulling the trigger on this WiiU bundle.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the deal you get/how many games are out that you want/how many hours you think you'll put into Monster Hunter alone it may be worth it to you, while there aren't a huge amount of games coming out (with release dates at least), Monster Hunter is one of those games that depending on your play style may be able to last you until then anyways.

The first one's "twist" was fine by me. Seemed like something that could happen in an Indiana Jones movie, which is what I was playing the Uncharted game as anyway... Drake is pretty much an Indy wannabe. ;)

I hated the second one... just another problem I had with that game.

The third one, if you really want to know:
Doesn't really have any supernatural creatures. There are some crazy fucking bugs of doom in like chapter 5 and maybe a later chapter... sort of like the scarabs in "The Mummy". But there's no supernatural enemies or anything toward the end... the only thing that happens toward the end is:
Just a bad drug trip/hallucination type deal...

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, I agree. Both of the first two got pretty annoying in the latter part of the game with that shit.
[/QUOTE]

Uncharted was fine. Uncharted 2 was terrible in this regard.

[quote name='j-cart']But the yetis weren't yetis...[/QUOTE]

I don't care!

[quote name='MoCiWe']Depending on the deal you get/how many games are out that you want/how many hours you think you'll put into Monster Hunter alone it may be worth it to you, while there aren't a huge amount of games coming out (with release dates at least), Monster Hunter is one of those games that depending on your play style may be able to last you until then anyways.[/QUOTE]

Dude on Craigslist is selling a 32gb deluxe bundle with Nintendoland for $250. I think it's mostly the number that's tempting me at this point.

[quote name='j-cart']The man love at the end of Uncharted 3 made up for it.[/QUOTE]

It also helped that there was no horrible boss fight at the end of 3.

When I think of worst boss fights ever the end of Uncharted 2 always comes to mind.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Dude on Craigslist is selling a 32gb deluxe bundle with Nintendoland for $250. I think it's mostly the number that's tempting me at this point.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well that's definitely a good price....I got mine at launch, and have used it a fair amount in total. If you do end up going for it, Target has a B2G1 next week you could use on Monster Hunter (if you want both versions), and another Wii U game if you want any others.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
Uncharted was fine. Uncharted 2 was terrible in this regard.
[/quote]

So far I'm liking the 2nd one a good bit more than the first. No stupid jet ski section, haven't had any random super hard fights I got stuck at for a long time yet etc. Maybe that will come though as I'm just past the first time you have to fight some of the natives in Shamballah (however it's spelled) and that was pretty tough.

I mainly just hate when games throw harder enemies/battles at you randomly toward the end. Better to just have some crazy action scenes etc. to go out with a bang rather than spend the last hour or to frustrated and pissed off from dying repeatedly.

[quote name='whoknows']
When I think of worst boss fights ever the end of Uncharted 2 always comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

Great. I hate boss fights, so I guess I have that to not look forward to.

Finished the game of Civ last night. Will post about it soon.[quote name='dothog']Yeah, diplomacy can be tricky. New expansion will hopefully make things more explicit (yet at the same time add subtle nuances).

As a general rule I avoid leveling any civ, just because I'm paranoid. I don't trust that the AI doesn't treat me as a warmonger diplomatically, even if the mouseover doesn't indicate that they think of me as a warmonger. I think what you're seeing -- the trouble getting DOFs -- might be evidence of that. But it's not voodoo, someone on civfanatics has probably charted it pretty well and can tell us how other civs view your wiping out Theo and what it does to your odds for DOFs.

I'm not a good warmonger, in part because the tedium of moving shitloads of units gets to me. So I'm not good at actual tactics, it's more an abstraction. But if you've got a big military tech advantage, you should roll with it. Monty will eventually get to you, Boudicca was weak in both of our games.

That's one of the things I like about Monty: if he's not a neighbor now, give it time. He will be soon. But by then you may not have a substantial military edge. You may have more powerful units on a per-unit basis, but Monty may have sheer volume. Volume typically wins unless your units's a full 2 or 3 eras over its opponent.[/QUOTE]
Kinda weird that one of the pictures is of a Polish unique unit... but Austria already has that unit. Medieval II: Total War did the same thing; gave hussars to Poland and Hungary.

EDIT: What the fuck? Why does half of their description of the next expansions sound like stuff that's already in the game? Also, Civ 2's trade caravans are back?

9s2Wx4i.jpg

Note that, aside from the hussars, this picture also shows a siege tower, which a lot of people are speculating will be the UU for the Assyrians.

bread's done
Back