GGT 230 thinks J-Cart and Frost are whiny babies

[quote name='j-cart']Force Unleash 2 was so poorly done, that the whole development team was not "let go" but fired before the game was even released. Not to mention the last game Lucas Arts did was Star Wars Kinect. They were dying development house long before this closure.

1313 and First Assault are top tier games that would have required a very talented team to actually properly put it together. With the recent Lucas Arts history, I wouldn't even let them baby sit Joel's phantom child, highly doubt Disney would want to give them any money to complete those games.

Why make two video games with the potential to have a bad return, when you can fund another Avengers or super hero movie and at least guarantee to break even?

/edit: Give First Assault to Infinity Ward/Sledge Hammer Games. 1313 should be completed by Naughty Dog. Might as well have the leader in that genre do what they do best.

Then they should totally get Platinum Games to make a game about a female bounty hunter going through the end of the Mandalorian Wars. I just jizzed in my pants on this last idea, so much potential and room for Platinum Games to play around with this idea. Holy shit, I am totally gonna write up this idea somewhere...[/QUOTE]

Not gonna deny that there were problems with Force Unleashed 2 (I enjoyed it, it was really short though) and yeah Star Wars Kinect (Another game I bought.....I just like Star Wars too much lol) had a lot of problems, although there were a few good ideas in it like the podracing. It would have been nice just to see if they could pull off these bigger games though, since while you point out that the super hero movies will make money, they have funded some pretty bad/underperforming movies as while and it would be cool to see them try to take those risks in video games, although that's not what they focus on so it's understandable.

It will be interesting to see what company/ies end up making Star Wars games from here on out and what genres they will be though. I personally wouldn't want to see Sledge Hammer or Infinity Ward work on Star Wars but rather someone like Bungie who has that Sci-Fi style game down, and have the vehicles more as well, since they are a huge factor to Star Wars. But either way, hopefully we get some good games in the long run!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I don't think it's going to have too many Batman characters. I mean, there's 5 related characters when there could be a lot, lot more. We are supposed to get Robin DLC, though.
[/QUOTE]

Batman - 6
Flash - 1

That number makes me sad! With how big the roster is overall I'd personally say that's too many, I like Batman but it would be nice to see more variety. The thing is, by having all the Batman characters they are trying to get people to buy the game that aren't really that into the fighting genre, where they could have picked some characters who IMO may not have been as known, but made for good fighting characters.

[quote name='MoCiWe']
Batman - 6
Flash - 1

That number makes me sad! With how big the roster is overall I'd personally say that's too many, I like Batman but it would be nice to see more variety. The thing is, by having all the Batman characters they are trying to get people to buy the game that aren't really that into the fighting genre, where they could have picked some characters who IMO may not have been as known, but made for good fighting characters.[/QUOTE]

I can name 1 character from The Flash comics. Can you guess which one he is?
(cough)TheFlash(cough)

Batman is one of DCs most known properties, especially with the Arkham games being well-loved this gen. Result? More Batman people showing up.
Now if they start adding obscure Batman villains before they add more characters from another franchise? Then you've got some room for complaints, I think... otherwise, it's just cause you're a huge flash fan and wanted to see more of those characters in the game (which is understandable but not exactly marketable).

If Calendar Man or The Mad Hatter show up before, say, Brainiac? Legitimate gripes, yo. ;)

[quote name='BlueScrote']That's finally out?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm debating it over here... apparently there's some cross-game love between it and Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid too. If you get specific achievements unlocked, you can unlock characters from 1 game to play in the other.
I'm wondering why they didn't do it such that the game came out on PS3/PC/X360 at the same time... maybe it started before they learned how to port...

[quote name='MoCiWe']
Batman - 6
Flash - 1

That number makes me sad! With how big the roster is overall I'd personally say that's too many, I like Batman but it would be nice to see more variety. The thing is, by having all the Batman characters they are trying to get people to buy the game that aren't really that into the fighting genre, where they could have picked some characters who IMO may not have been as known, but made for good fighting characters.[/QUOTE]
The Flash's cast has grown pretty small since the New 52, so I don't know why you'd be very surprised. He even has less Rogues now. If it makes you feel better, Mirror Master is supposed to be DLC. Makes me happy since he's one of my favorites besides Trickster.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can name 1 character from The Flash comics. Can you guess which one he is?
(cough)TheFlash(cough)

Batman is one of DCs most known properties, especially with the Arkham games being well-loved this gen. Result? More Batman people showing up.
Now if they start adding obscure Batman villains before they add more characters from another franchise? Then you've got some room for complaints, I think... otherwise, it's just cause you're a huge flash fan and wanted to see more of those characters in the game (which is understandable but not exactly marketable).

If Calendar Man or The Mad Hatter show up before, say, Brainiac? Legitimate gripes, yo. ;)

[/QUOTE]
Batman also has the most characters that are notably different and popular. You're right though, if Batman gets more characters then the complaining is totes founded. Robin will be coming out though, so I'm sure we all know where this is going to go. :applause:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I can name 1 character from The Flash comics. Can you guess which one he is?
(cough)TheFlash(cough)

[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but that's kind of the point I was trying to make lol. If this was a Batman focused game it would be alright, but when they have the whole DC Universe to use for characters and like 25% are from one comic line that's just a shame. The least they could have done is have a villian/hero representative for each series they included so that comic fans could set up some fun fights from the comics. While I understand not as many people know Flash, they could have used Gorilla Grodd in place of someone like Grundy (Yes, he's not only a Batman character, but he's being counted as one in this from what I could tell), then they go and include Killer Frost without Firestorm being in it? If they wanted all of these Batman characters they could have at least increased the roster so everything represented had at least 2 characters, I'll still get the game though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The Flash's cast has grown pretty small since the New 52, so I don't know why you'd be very surprised. He even has less Rogues now. If it makes you feel better, Mirror Master is supposed to be DLC. Makes me happy since he's one of my favorites besides Trickster.

Batman also has the most characters that are notably different and popular. You're right though, if Batman gets more characters then the complaining is totes founded. Robin will be coming out though, so I'm sure we all know where this is going to go. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I guess to me it's more about diversifying the roster instead of choosing who's popular, characters like Harley Quinn who are really popular but don't really need to be in a fighting game getting in over other choices just makes me a little sad. In saying that, I don't know if I'd say I'm surprised really, just a little disappointed, but at least the game is coming out! It's not the first time I wished a roster was a little different and it won't be the last, at least I'm getting games out of it in general.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The Flash's cast has grown pretty small since the New 52, so I don't know why you'd be very surprised. He even has less Rogues now. If it makes you feel better, Mirror Master is supposed to be DLC. Makes me happy since he's one of my favorites besides Trickster.

Batman also has the most characters that are notably different and popular. You're right though, if Batman gets more characters then the complaining is totes founded. Robin will be coming out though, so I'm sure we all know where this is going to go. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Well, using Arkham City as a model, we definitely should have expected Nightwing/Catwoman/Batman/Robin... Joker and Harley and Grundy... sorta expected since you need some villains from the universe.

I'm surprised Superman villains didn't get more love.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I understand that, but that's kind of the point I was trying to make lol. If this was a Batman focused game it would be alright, but when they have the whole DC Universe to use for characters and like 25% are from one comic line that's just a shame. The least they could have done is have a villian/hero representative for each series they included so that comic fans could set up some fun fights from the comics. While I understand not as many people know Flash, they could have used Gorilla Grodd in place of someone like Grundy, then they go and include Killer Frost without Firestorm being in it? If they wanted all of these Batman characters they could have at least increased the roster so everything represented had at least 2 characters, I'll still get the game though.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work though, at least in practice. Look at the Marvel vs. Capcom rosters. They usually pick the characters they think will (1) ship units and (2) bring something to the table.
But I agree though... I don't really think any of the Batman villains selected really fit... :|
I'd have rather seen Sandman or something. Killer Croc.

Speaking of DC Villains, I'm glad Deathstroke is in... he should have a Teen Titans Slade alt. I would love to try him and if I liked him, I'd use that costume if it existed.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
That doesn't work though, at least in practice. Look at the Marvel vs. Capcom rosters. They usually pick the characters they think will (1) ship units and (2) bring something to the table.
But I agree though... I don't really think any of the Batman villains selected really fit... :|
I'd have rather seen Sandman or something. Killer Croc.

Speaking of DC Villains, I'm glad Deathstroke is in... he should have a Teen Titans Slade alt. I would love to try him and if I liked him, I'd use that costume if it existed.[/QUOTE]

Oh I did my fair share of complaining about MvC's roster in the past lol, it's not something I'm really upset over though, just voicing my opinion on it. I agree that the Batman choices aren't the best though and it is good that Deathstroke made it in. I guess we will see who the 4 DLC characters will be in the long run (With that one probably being Martian Manhunter, who is someone who deserved to already be in, but at least will get the DLC to sell hopefully).

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']this thread needs moar AT-ST's
[/QUOTE]

I'm perfectly okay with the inclusion of more AT-ST's in this thread!

I'm also pretty disappointed in the DC roster. Solomon Grundy? Catwoman? Harley? c'mon, son.

Played a bit more Bioshock 2. The combat is definitely a step up from the original. Something still seems off. I'm not sure what though.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I guess to me it's more about diversing the roster instead of choosing who's popular, characters like Harley Quinn who are really popular but don't really need to be in a fighting game getting in over other choices just makes me a little sad.[/QUOTE]
It's actually a little more difficult, I think. At least for Flash villains. With the exception of Grodd (I don't want Grodd. fuck Grodd) because they're all gadget users, so it could be kind of hard for them differentiate most of his enemies and since he doesn't have as strong of a supporting cast since the whole New 52 thing I'm guessing that's why he didn't get any more characters. I'd like Trickster or Heatwave most, but I really think we'll be getting Mirror Master. DC did likely have a lot of input with the game's roster too, so you may want to direct some of you annoyance towards them.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Well, using Arkham City as a model, we definitely should have expected Nightwing/Catwoman/Batman/Robin... Joker and Harley and Grundy... sorta expected since you need some villains from the universe.

I'm surprised Superman villains didn't get more love.[/QUOTE]
True. Grundy is more of a JSA/JL villain, though. Hopefully we can get some characters that actually have beef with him. Superman's villains were actually the ones that were least surprising as far as not being in the game. Rumor is that Boon wanted Mxyzptlk in the game, but DC was against it since in the New 52 he's not really the same so they pushed for Doomsday instead (someone that Boon allegedly wanted on the roster for MK vs DC. Makes sense as he's the character that killed Superman). Superman's only really had two or three shitty villains pop up here and there since the reboot (more ground level-type villains and abstract oddities since it's Morrison

[quote name='snakemaster2389']stop yo bitchin dudes, its dc not marvel -_-, what do u expect?[/QUOTE]
It's not like Marvel's any better. Both of them only allowed the use of characters that they were either already pushing or hyping up for a push.

Ugh, just saw that Injustice got an iOS app that lets you unlock in game costumes....I really want the costumes but don't have a device to get them on, that really sucks.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's actually a little more difficult, I think. At least for Flash villains. With the exception of Grodd (I don't want Grodd. fuck Grodd) because they're all gadget users, so it could be kind of hard for them differentiate most of his enemies and since he doesn't have as strong of a supporting cast since the whole New 52 thing I'm guessing that's why he didn't get any more characters. I'd like Trickster or Heatwave most, but I really think we'll be getting Mirror Master. DC did likely have a lot of input with the game's roster too, so you may want to direct some of you annoyance towards them.
[/QUOTE]

I would have liked Grodd :/ Heck, even if they went the lazy way and did Reverse Flash at least they would get a villain rep. Yeah, I'm sure DC does get a big say so I know it's not all Boon's or NRS' fault, but if we do get Mirror Master that would be cool at least.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Ugh, just saw that Injustice got an iOS app that lets you unlock in game costumes....I really want the costumes but don't have a device to get them on, that really sucks.

I would have liked Grodd :/ Heck, even if they went the lazy way and did Reverse Flash at least they would get a villain rep. Yeah, I'm sure DC does get a big say so I know it's not all Boon's or NRS' fault, but if we do get Mirror Master that would be cool at least.[/QUOTE]
There will be other ways to unlock those costumes too, so don't get down about it. :)

Grodd would have been awful unless they used current Grodd that had the speed force and that would probably be a bitch to balance. Would have liked to play the Grodd of War, though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']There will be other ways to unlock those costumes too, so don't get down about it. :)

Grodd would have been awful unless they used current Grodd that had the speed force and that would probably be a bitch to balance. Would have liked to play the Grodd of War, though.[/QUOTE]

Oh cool! Didn't know there were other ways to get them :D

I bet they could have made Grodd fun though, at least he makes in appearance in the background of one of the stages :p

[quote name='MoCiWe']Oh cool! Didn't know there were other ways to get them :D

I bet they could have made Grodd fun though, at least he makes in appearance in the background of one of the stages :p[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we're apparently getting two/three ways to unlock most of the costumes in the game. It's nice.

Anyone up for some UMvC3 or Darkstalkers now? I'm instaling UMvC3. If so, get on Skype!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Yeah, we're apparently getting two/three ways to unlock most of the costumes in the game. It's nice.

Anyone up for some UMvC3 or Darkstalkers now? I'm instaling UMvC3. If so, get on Skype![/QUOTE]

Yes sir.
UMvC3.

(04/04/2013 12:00:22 AM) corrosivefrost: you wanna marvel with joel?
(12:02:54 AM) HankmeDewme: phone atm
(12:02:59 AM) HankmeDewme: but yes

[quote name='whoknows']I'll never understand people who won't buy from a company because they're "evil" due to trying to make money.[/QUOTE]

As some of you may know, I work sales for a major wireless company as a side job (aside from teaching). If I had a dollar for the amount of people that say "__________ is just trying to make money, they don't care about me" or "______________ is a rip-off, they are just trying to make money") I could probably take a moderately priced vacation.

[quote name='Krymner']So, what dev studio would you like to see tackle Star Wars now?[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see a Platinum made Jedi game (Could only imagine the combat if you had lightsabers and force powers), a Bungie FPS or an Ultimate Alliance style action-rpg from Raven.

[quote name='MoCiWe']
Batman - 6
Flash - 1

(cough)TheFlash(cough)

[/QUOTE]

The Flash has traditionally had a decent rogues gallery but nothing in comparison to someone like Batman. He especially has very few characters that would translate well to a fighting game. I can't even really see Mirror Master being cool. The most logical ones to me would be Captain Cold, Weather Wizard or Captain Boomerang. I'm personally pulling for Cold to be DLC.

With that said, the other two guys summed up exactly why we have 6 Batman characters and one Flash character. The Joker is probably the 3rd most popular character in the DCU.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Oh I did my fair share of complaining about MvC's roster in the past lol, it's not something I'm really upset over though, just voicing my opinion on it. I agree that the Batman choices aren't the best though and it is good that Deathstroke made it in. I guess we will see who the 4 DLC characters will be in the long run (With that one probably being Martian Manhunter, who is someone who deserved to already be in, but at least will get the DLC to sell hopefully).[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Manhunter is going to be one of the DLC characters as well. Any guesses who the others might be?

Just a stab in the dark, but my guesses are...
Martian Manhunter, Cheetah, Brainiac and Robin. We'll see though.

I'd love to see Red Hood (Jason Todd), Prometheus or Wildcat. I'd also KILL to have Superboy Prime in it (but I'm definitely not holding my breath on that one haha).

I'm still pumped that Black Adam made it (one of my all-time favorite characters).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Rumor is that Boon wanted Mxyzptlk in the game, but DC was against it since in the New 52 he's not really the same so they pushed for Doomsday instead[/QUOTE]

That would have been dumb as hell, happy Doomsday is in instead.

The only characters I would have liked to see that aren't on the roster are Martian Manhunter, Animal Man and Swamp Thing. My only gripe with the current roster is that there are too many Batman characters. And yes, I know their popular, but more GL (Star Sapphire, Larfleeze, Atrocitus, etc) and Supes (Zod, Braniac, Supergirl) characters would have been pretty rad.

It's funny you guys are talking about Grodd since I am currently watching the Justice League episodes about Grodd and Gorilla City.

As for guesses for the 4 DLC characters, I'll go with Martian Manhunter, Star Sapphire, Red Tornado and Power Girl.

Power Girl is a really good guess. and I was thinking about Swamp Thing, but as a huge fan of the Alan Moore Swamp Thing run, I don't think I'd want to see him in this. I like to think of him as a trippy semi-surreal poet, not someone that's gonna go HAM and perform supermoves against Batman

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol gow judgement multi is all bots

2000 ppl online? wtf[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude, people were told that the game was to be a trilogy. Can't just keep adding things to the story!

Heard the sales were shit, like less than a million in total bad.

i didnt know ppl played gears for the story

they shouldve cut out the gears 1 copy
and sold it for 40 bucks, which is what i bout it for
I should be in charge of shit

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Power Girl is a really good guess. and I was thinking about Swamp Thing, but as a huge fan of the Alan Moore Swamp Thing run, I don't think I'd want to see him in this. I like to think of him as a trippy semi-surreal poet, not someone that's gonna go HAM and perform supermoves against Batman[/QUOTE]
The current Rumored DLC characters are: Robin, Power Girl, Martian Manhunter, Mirror Master, Animal Man, and Swamp Thing.

Power Girl and Martian Manhunter are supposedly the two that won the fan vote and Animal Man/Swamp Thing have been alluded to many, maaaany times by Boon. Robin and Martian Manhunter are two that I have no doubts about being in. Pretty sure Power Girl will be in too, so that just leaves one mystery.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']lol gow judgement multi is all bots

2000 ppl online? wtf[/QUOTE]

Wow didn't think it would Tomb Raider (MP) level of dust blowing in the wind. Glad I got rid of that game when I did.

i think it was bcuz i wasnt played ranked? idk
i never seen bots in a gow game before though crazy.

Tomb raider was bad.
I had to play gameboy between matchmaking and get my cheevos
#truegamerstories

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
I'd love to see a Platinum made Jedi game (Could only imagine the combat if you had lightsabers and force powers), a Bungie FPS or an Ultimate Alliance style action-rpg from Raven.

[/quote]

Any of those would be amazing.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']

The Flash has traditionally had a decent rogues gallery but nothing in comparison to someone like Batman. He especially has very few characters that would translate well to a fighting game. I can't even really see Mirror Master being cool. The most logical ones to me would be Captain Cold, Weather Wizard or Captain Boomerang. I'm personally pulling for Cold to be DLC.
[/QUOTE]

I'm actually really surprised Captain Cold or Mr Freeze isn't in there. They already have a moveset and effects for them!

[quote name='j-cart']Yeah dude, people were told that the game was to be a trilogy. Can't just keep adding things to the story!

Heard the sales were shit, like less than a million in total bad.[/QUOTE]
There was literally no story told. I should trade in my copy before the value drops to $15

That's not how, that's the answer!

You take 25 and divide it by 2, then add that number to 25! That's how! :p

As for which DLC characters I think might show up for Injustice, well Martian Manhunter, I still think that a Flash villain will show up since Boon is a fan even though he said the villains kinda suck....not sure who though (I'll take any of them!), Lobo, probably a female character....maybe Power Girl or Black Canary? I don't see Robin making it in since we have Nightwing and I don't know if a younger/teen member fits in as well with this roster/style of game.

Thanks jimbo.

I appreciate mociwe's style of teach a man how to add 50% teach a man how to fish or how ever that saying goes. So $40 in amazon dollars it is!

I think I will start Yakuza 4 now. Never finished 3, only got about 75% thru it before my old triple gave me the YLOD and never went back to it.

Comics suck. I miss Leda.......

[quote name='GUNNM']Thanks jimbo.

I appreciate mociwe's style of teach a man how to add 50% teach a man how to fish or how ever that saying goes. So $40 in amazon dollars it is![/QUOTE]

Haha, I don't remember how it goes either but I know that saying your talking about. That's what you gotta do though, teach em how to do it! Plus fish is pretty tasty....so there's that as well.

You're all depressing me by your offensive dismissal of Zatanna.

I'm just going to go play Tales with my red PS3 controller kind of like this one.
BGTZ3lMCAAENMrV.jpg:large

[quote name='Krymner']I think I will start Yakuza 4 now. Never finished 3, only got about 75% thru it before my old triple gave me the YLOD and never went back to it.

Comics suck. I miss Leda.......[/QUOTE]

You should go back in play Yakuza 3 again...

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']wow
what a fucking slob

you'd think if you sat around and did nothing for eternity
you'd at least be able to clean yo shit[/QUOTE]

Apply your clean up services, maybe you might some extra from her.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i think it was bcuz i wasnt played ranked? idk
i never seen bots in a gow game before though crazy.

Tomb raider was bad.
I had to play gameboy between matchmaking and get my cheevos
#truegamerstories[/QUOTE]

And you'd think for an MMO that people don't play SWTOR, but guess what?! They do and the queue pops are often and plenty!

[quote name='MoCiWe']That's not how, that's the answer!

You take 25 and divide it by 2, then add that number to 25! That's how! :p

As for which DLC characters I think might show up for Injustice, well Martian Manhunter, I still think that a Flash villain will show up since Boon is a fan even though he said the villains kinda suck....not sure who though (I'll take any of them!), Lobo, probably a female character....maybe Power Girl or Black Canary? I don't see Robin making it in since we have Nightwing and I don't know if a younger/teen member fits in as well with this roster/style of game.[/QUOTE]
If Robin doesn't show up then they're seriously throwing out a lot of misdirection. His symbol is all over the UK CE steelbook (as is J'onn's) and Boon said from the beginning that they want to remedy one of the biggest mistakes they made with MK vs DC, which is probably that they never released that Robin DLC they had finished. I could definitely see Lobo... Especially since he was pretty high up on the fan poll.

[quote name='j-cart']

And you'd think for an MMO that people don't play SWTOR, but guess what?! They do and the queue pops are often and plenty![/QUOTE]

Real talk, how is SWTOR as an MMO, and separately as a star wars game?

As an MMO, think early WoW with better graphics and animations. It also actually has a great leveling experience through its class quests. Instead of an avatar, your toon has a story and some are extremely awesome to play through. The nitpicky WoW heads destroyed the game early on because they are all about "world firsts" and sped through the content that was suppose to be enjoyed. The game launch was poorly done, but as an MMO, now with a free to play option from 1-50, has finally come into its own groove. Is it "better" than WoW? In terms of leveling experience and presentation, hell yes. In terms of quality of life, no where near the smoothness of WoW. WoW has had years to refine their product, SWTOR had to retool their product, but it was for the better.

As a Star Wars game, it may seem weird for people to tab target, but i think it actually makes the game easy. As an addition to the KotOR story line, I think it evolves the story extremely well. SWTOR as an RPG is much better done than KotOR 1 and 2. Those games were simple old school skills trees that didn't require any thought to play. Here you actually have to care about your gear optimization and skill usage. Then there is whole MMO aspect and it is just really fun to play as a Bounty Hunter taking on a Jedi, or a Sith showing poor smugglers what it means to deal with a Darth. If you want a complete "Star Wars" experience, you'll get one here. Hell my Bounty Hunter is a Chiss (blue guys) and it is just hilarious to see these Imperials berate me with every meeting. I just tell them to fuck off and give me my CREDITS!

Not to mention that end game 50s Ranked PvP is the best online team experience I have played in a long time. Sure there are some class balance issues right now, but hot damn Ranked matches are addicting.

Before The Crotch chimes in on his experience with the game, he just sucks at video games. So don't listen to him. He is the kind of person that lets his women and children get raped by barbarians even though he has entered in the industrial age :D

bread's done
Back