GGT 230 thinks J-Cart and Frost are whiny babies

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Jcart is biased
Also for some reason ea wants you to pay money for dat game
Shuld be totally free

Jcart ima roll new character
wat shuld i make[/QUOTE]

What do you want to do?

1. Be up in the face of your enemy slashing away at them with light sabers with the bonus to choke the motherfucker
2. Be at a distance and destroy your enemy with your force powers
3. Hide in the shadows and release destruction with your force imbued lightsaber
4. Become the lightsaber wielding monster that everyone will fear, be able to soak up a shit load of damage and basically never die (with a good healer assist)
5. fuck lightsabers, I fight with my fists and knives at close range with stealth assist
6. I'm awesome with guns, I can kill anything at max range. So Blasters > Lightsabers.
7. fuck your shit you lightsaber dudes, I got a flamethrow with your name on it
8. Sometimes you need a force healer
9. I heal from the shadows
10. When I shoot you, I heal you with my green goo

[quote name='j-cart']As an MMO, think early WoW with better graphics and animations.[/quote]I was particularly impressed by how often some animations just refused to play and the amount of armour that clipped through my body during my short time with the game.

[quote name='j-cart']Hell my Bounty Hunter is a Chiss (blue guys) and it is just hilarious to see these Imperials berate me with every meeting. I just tell them to fuck off and give me my CREDITS![/quote] And hey, can we talk about the races of The Old Republic? Because the races of The Old Republic fucking suck. You have human, human with a metal eyepatch, human with a blindfold, blue human, red human, human with pointy hair, green human, and I think another type of blue human?

"Come to our amazing and rich sci-fi universe filled with awesome and bizarre alien creatures and play... a dude with different-tinted skin. What, a wookiee or a trandoshan or God forbid a droid? Why would you want to actually play something cool?"
[quote name='j-cart']Before The Crotch chimes in on his experience with the game, he just sucks at video games. So don't listen to him. He is the kind of person that lets his women and children get raped by barbarians even though he has entered in the industrial age :D[/QUOTE]
Vicious lies and obvious libel. My elite gatling guns let nothing past.

[quote name='GUNNM']Are there light saber katanas?[/QUOTE]

Lightsabers are basically katanas. If you are talking about using a sword, there is the Cathar Honor Sword and other like it.

swtor-cathar-honor-sword-enforcer-contraband-pack-7.jpg

[quote name='The Crotch']I was particularly impressed by how often some animations just refused to play and the amount of armour that clipped through my body during my short time with the game.[/QUOTE]

Blame that on your PC you shmuck. Doesn't happen to me. Plus you only stuck with PvE planet quests, so I would rate you as a shitty gamer, in MMO standards ;)

[quote name='The Crotch']And hey, can we talk about the races of The Old Republic? Because the races of The Old Republic fucking suck. You have human, human with a metal eyepatch, human with a blindfold, blue human, red human, human with pointy hair, green human, and I think another type of blue human?[/QUOTE]

This is the disappointing part of the game, because I really wanted to play as a midget sized droid trashcan or a Gamorrean. Then again you don't go to Gears of War and say "fuck this game, I can't play as one of those spider things..."

[quote name='The Crotch']"Come to our amazing and rich sci-fi universe filled with awesome and bizarre alien creatures and play... a dude with different-tinted skin. What, a wookiee or a trandoshan or God forbid a droid? Why would you want to actually play something cool?"

Vicious lies and obvious libel. My elite gatling guns let nothing past.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I want that too, but story was their thing. Remember Kashyyyk in KotOR? Yeah that was fun listening to them for the first few minutes. Then to listen to a wookie call for 40+ hours? Sure that would be easily hell to do, but an annoying process it would be.

But your qualms with the game is just setting, but not actually about the game. I digress and agree with some of your complaints. The game game could have totally used a trashcan droid with a tank spec, oh wait it does! But I can't play it, only with it...

[quote name='j-cart']Blame that on your PC you shmuck.[/quote]You say so now, but when I asked you about the vast hordes of enemies whose death animations didn't play and who simply stood in place when killed, you said it was a ubiquitous issue.
[quote name='j-cart']This is the disappointing part of the game, because I really wanted to play as a midget sized droid trashcan or a Gamorrean. Then again you don't go to Gears of War and say "fuck this game, I can't play as one of those spider things..."[/QUOTE]Because Gears of War isn't known for its many cool-looking sentient races coexisting and cooperating. And because Gears of War isn't an MMO where choosing from a variety of races is an actual feature.
[quote name='j-cart']Hey, I want that too, but story was their thing. Remember Kashyyyk in KotOR? Yeah that was fun listening to them for the first few minutes. Then to listen to a wookie call for 40+ hours? Sure that would be easily hell to do, but an annoying process it would be.[/QUOTE]Listening to any character for 40+ hours is annoying as shit. Voice acting has its place, and its place is not "EVERYWHERE for EVERYTHING!". Skip past those lines, bro.
[quote name='j-cart'] But your qualms with the game is just setting, but not actually about the game. I digress and agree with some of your complaints. The game game could have totally used a trashcan droid with a tank spec, oh wait it does! But I can't play it, only with it...[/QUOTE]
I only responded to setting and a few technical bits because those were the topics at hand. I'm generally an un-fan of the combat mechanics and a lot of the accepted-as-standard MMO practices strike me as particularly dumb and Jesus man that Sith Warrior story...

[quote name='The Crotch']You say so now, but when I asked you about the vast hordes of enemies whose death animations didn't play and who simply stood in place when killed, you said it was a ubiquitous issue.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, but it is an issue that pertains to hardware and latency as well.

[quote name='The Crotch']Because Gears of War isn't known for its many cool-looking sentient races coexisting and cooperating. And because Gears of War isn't an MMO where choosing from a variety of races is an actual feature.[/QUOTE]

Well the main characters in the known Star Wars games have never allowed you to play anything beyond the major character types. So being able to be a Chiss or a Sith is pretty damn new. Of course my desire to play as a tank droid is something I still want.

[quote name='The Crotch']Listening to any character for 40+ hours is annoying as shit. Voice acting has its place, and its place is not "EVERYWHERE for EVERYTHING!". Skip past those lines, bro.[/QUOTE]

The point was to try to get those that enjoy the SP of Bioware games to get into an MMO. An ambitious attempt that did not pay off as expected.

[quote name='The Crotch']I only responded to setting and a few technical bits because those were the topics at hand. I'm generally an un-fan of the combat mechanics and a lot of the accepted-as-standard MMO practices strike me as particularly dumb and Jesus man that Sith Warrior story...[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered how a MP RPG would work, even in an MMO setting and SWTOR surpassed my expectations. It "actually" works is when I decided that I wanted to be apart of the SWTOR PvP community. Sith Warrior story, well lets just say it is on the lower half of the story tier list. Imperial Agent, Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter have a much better chapter to chapter continuation.

[quote name='j-cart']
Well the main characters in the known Star Wars games have never allowed you to play anything beyond the major character types. So being able to be a Chiss or a Sith is pretty damn new. Of course my desire to play as a tank droid is something I still want.[/QUOTE]
Still no droids, but...

[quote name='The Crotch']Still no droids, but...[/QUOTE]

SWG is the exception, because that kind of an MMO just would not be able to exist today. People need to be the awesome jedi, not some chef. I totally need to be a chef in an MMO...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']All of this talk makes me want to play SWTOR.[/QUOTE]

You should. Everyone on the GGT should. Make a GGT guild, plus it's free.

[quote name='Indignate']You're all depressing me by your offensive dismissal of Zatanna.
[/QUOTE]
I'm sad to say it, but I kind of don't think that NRS is creative enough to think of enough ways to differentiate her from Raven.

Anyone wanna play JoelCalibur with me tonight?

Edit: I'll get TOR downloading this weekend and we can make a GGT guild.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm sad to say it, but I kind of don't think that NRS is creative enough to think of enough ways to differentiate her from Raven.

Anyone wanna play JoelCalibur with me tonight?

Edit: I'll get TOR downloading this weekend and we can make a GGT guild.[/QUOTE]

Sure, if I'm alive and kicking, I'm in.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
I'll get TOR downloading this weekend and we can make a GGT guild.[/QUOTE]

Download it now, this is the last double XP weekend!

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Maybe ebert will find out video games r art in the afterlife[/QUOTE]

I'd hope so.

Either way, I've always enjoyed his reviews... on tv.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Maybe ebert will find out video games r art in the afterlife[/QUOTE]
lol Most games aren't.

And the ones that try to be art usually suck balls.

Gameplay.

MMOs suck. WoW ruined everything by doing everything better then everyone else, and now nothing interesting has happened in the genre for the past 8 years.

Guild Wars 2 has my curiosity, though.

[quote name='panzerfaust']MMOs suck. WoW ruined everything by doing everything better then everyone else, and now nothing interesting has happened in the genre for the past 8 years.

Guild Wars 2 has my curiosity, though.[/QUOTE]

Unless you enjoy AoEing everything with a non-specific team, then GW2 is for you. Seriously, you don't even need a dedicated healer for its PvP.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']All 'bout dem MOBAs now.[/QUOTE]

You mean four years ago. MOBAs are great, but the community is just so damn repulsive. I'm like an old man with that game now, everyone is trying to step on my lawn and I just can't accept LoL or all these other knock offs (including DotA2).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sure, if I'm alive and kicking, I'm in.[/QUOTE]
YAY!

[quote name='j-cart']Download it now, this is the last double XP weekend!
[/QUOTE]
Would, but it's too big. Probably won't be done until Sunday given my shitty internet.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']And I'm totally down for JoelCalibur. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
WOOO! Gonna be so tight!

I'm still pretty surprised Killer Frost was one of the ones they picked. A huge amount of available female characters and you pick one that routinely kills dudes by freezing their dicks and breaking them off inside her?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm still pretty surprised Killer Frost was one of the ones they picked. A huge amount of available female characters and you pick one that routinely kills dudes by freezing their dicks and breaking them off inside her?[/QUOTE]
Wait, Injustice is using characters from Oglaf now?

[quote name='The Crotch']Wait, Injustice is using characters from Oglaf now?[/QUOTE]
You read Oglaf too? Makes me happy to know I'm not the only one! :applause:

[quote name='whoknows']I hope you have an iphone Joel.

Needing one for the extra costumes is BS.[/QUOTE]
YEP! Boon said you can unlock them in game too, though.

True story, I stopped myself from playing WoW in college because I knew I would get way too into it.

Then I played DotA instead...

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']how do you stop yourself?
i just gave into all that shit[/QUOTE]

Girls.

But now my challenge is to see if I could hook up with a chick when I talk about video games. I had one girl come over just to specifically watch me play SWTOR. That was an extremely funny moment. Another time I spent a whole conversation talking about Metal Gear as if it were real and this chick believed it. My buddy could not believe that she was willing to makeout with me after all that.

I've seen other do way better than this. Know this one guy that is super into minecraft, literally bring his laptop to a bar and proceeded to have this random girl try to peel him away from his gaming session. That dude is seriously my hero.

I don't even know what you mean by that.[quote name='panzerfaust']Is that Cliffy B tweet real? 0_o

what a douche[/QUOTE]
The blue checkmark beside his name means it's definitely him.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']i mean you always post twitter news
how?

also cliffyb calls himself the tony stark of video games?
did he actually ever do anything worthwhile?[/QUOTE]

He made some garbage games people think are good.

And by made I mean ordered around the people who actually made it.

The Injustice iOS game has an unlockable Batman Beyond skin for Batman and a Knightfall Bane skin. BEST SKINS IN INJUSTICE.

Edit: Also has an Arkham Harley. Unsure if this is Asylum or City.

Dumb.

I want Terry to be in the game as a character. Not as a skin. Would have been better than 90% of the characters they have in the game.

[quote name='whoknows']Dumb.

I want Terry to be in the game as a character. Not as a skin. Would have been better than 90% of the characters they have in the game.[/QUOTE]

But then they'd have to come up with some stupid explanation for why is traveling through time. This isn't a comic book, this is a video game.

Also they would have to get Will Friedle on that but he's too busy being a fuckin Thundercat.

Not sure if it'll work, but if I can I'll share my WB ID with any of you that don't have an iOS device so that you can unlock the skins in the main game.

bread's done
Back