GGT 232 Gets Drunk All Weekend and Doesn't Bother to Post in Itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the unlockable console skins from the Injustice iOS game. The last one is
Prison Superman.
339ox1x.jpg

Edit: Full list of costumes on-disc
Aquaman: 3 (Base and Alt, Flashpoint)
Ares: 2 (Base and Alt)
Bane: 3 (Base, Alt and Knightfall)
Batman: 6 (Base, Alt, Arkham, Beyond New 52, Black Lantern)
Black Adam: 2 (Base, Alt)
Catwoman: 3 (Base, Alt, Arkham)
Cyborg: 2 (Base, Alt)
Deathstroke: 3 (Base, Alt, Flashpoint)
Doomsday: 2 (Base, Alt)
Flash: 4 (Base, Alt, New 52, Elseworld's)
Green Arrow: 3 (Base, Alt, "Arrow")
Green Lantern: 4 (Base, Alt, New 52,Yellow Lantern)
Harley Quinn: 3 (Base, Alt, Arkham)
Hawkgirl: 2 (Base, Alt)
Joker: 3 (Base, Alt, Arkham)
Killer Frost: 2 (Base, Alt)
Lex Luthor: 3 (Base, Alt, Unknown)
Nightwing: 3 (Base, Alt, New 52)
Raven: 2 (Base, Alt)
Shazam: 3 (Base, Alt, New 52)
Sinestro: 2 (Base, Alt)
Solomon Grundy: 4 (Base, Alt, Unknown, Red Son)
Superman: 6 (Base, Alt, Red Son, New 52, Prison, Godfall)
Wonder Woman: 5 (Base, Alt, Red Son, New 52, Flashpoint)

The only costume that looks any good from the iOS game is the Superman one. I'd say the Batman one looks good, but it looks a little beefy. That could be because of the picture quality, though.

I like the diversity of the alternate costumes, but I hate seeing some characters that have 5 or 6 costumes while others only have 2 or 3. No flying Graysons for Nightwing? No Reverse Flash for Flash? No Long Hair and Bearded Peter David Aquaman? No Green Lantern Sinestro? Some missed chances there, but I like the ones already do have. Plus, there is that DLC thing they could do.

[quote name='GhostShark']The only costume that looks any good from the iOS game is the Superman one. I'd say the Batman one looks good, but it looks a little beefy. That could be because of the picture quality, though.

I like the diversity of the alternate costumes, but I hate seeing some characters that have 5 or 6 costumes while others only have 2 or 3. No flying Graysons for Nightwing? No Reverse Flash for Flash? No Long Hair and Bearded Peter David Aquaman? No Green Lantern Sinestro? Some missed chances there, but I like the ones already do have. Plus, there is that DLC thing they could do.[/QUOTE]
Whaaat? The Superman one looks the worst in my opinion. They could have done something really cool with a
Prison Superman alt, but just throwing a jumpsuit on him?
Incredibly plain. Well yeah, it's supposed to be beefy. It's Bruce, not Terry. I'm more bothered by the eyes. At least they supposedly re-skinned the Batarangs too. I get your complaint about the other alts, but again, this is only on-disc, so there'll likely be tons and tons of DLC. And Sinestro's original costume is in cutscenes in the game, so it'll likely be DLC at some point. They'll probably release a New52 pack with GL Sinestro too.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon looks fucking sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zh94nidjpM[/QUOTE]
HOLY fuck. I want this so bad. Day One.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']fuckin everything about it sold it for me. I would put that music on my damned ipod.[/QUOTE]
Preorder it on Steam and you get the soundtrack with it. That's what I'm doing.

Gonna blast it up in my old ass car. :bouncy:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Michael Biehn is Rex Power Colt. Who the fuck wouldn't want to play this game?[/QUOTE]
People that don't like fucking awesome shit, that's who.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Preorder it on Steam and you get the soundtrack with it. That's what I'm doing.

Gonna blast it up in my old ass car. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Son of a bitch, I have the game on 360. Might do it anyway; I'd pay 15 bucks for that music.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Michael Biehn is Rex Power Colt. Who the fuck wouldn't want to play this game?[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty meh on it so far. Not a fan of 80s aesthetic and I thought Far Cry 3 was ok at best. Hopefully there will be a demo.

If anyone hasn't played Minecraft since it was "alpha", you gotta check it out now. They've added so much bullshit (e.g. mechanics, items, biomes, villages/temples/mine shafts) to the game, it's great.

My last world, I wound up in a goddamn ocean world and was sailing from shitty little island to shitty little island, foraging for wood. After sailing for 7 days/nights with literally nothing to land on that was more than a 20x20 island, I happened upon the Mushroom Island biome. Shit's bananas. Massive mushroom trees, purple fungus-y looking stuff on the dirt instead of grass, and red mushroom cows that give limitless food (just right-click to smack 'em with a bowl for some soup).

It never occurred to me until that moment that you can probably milk cows. I'm going to try it out next chance I get.

The really weird thing about the Mushroom Island is that, as far as I can tell, mobs don't spawn there. That's good. But it includes friendly mobs that aren't cows made of mushrooms. That's not good. Also, it doesn't have trees, and had I not had a few saplings with me to plant, I would've needed to sail to who the shit knows where to get trees/wood. I didn't die in that one yet, I had to Save/Quit because it was getting boring. Had a hell of a tree/pumpkin farm going (it's all I had to plant).

It's fun. So much of it is the fact that every time I die, you start up a new world and all of a sudden it's discovery all over again. I can't imagine what else they've added, I'm sure it's some crazy shit. This game is about as pure as it gets in so many respects.

Gamefly finally shipped out DMC today, so in a few days I'll post my thoughts on it. I know the GGT had extremely mixed impressions about it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']All of the unlockable console skins from the Injustice iOS game. The last one is
Prison Superman.
339ox1x.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Kinda disappointed that there appear to be only a few unlockable skins. By my count, the ones that haven't been shown as pre-order, season pass or other DLC are:

Bane Knightfall
Flash Elseworlds
Green Lantern Yellow Lantern
Superman Godfall

So I'm guessing only 4 unlockable costumes? Unless the iOS ones do end up being unlockable, and maybe the 2 "unknown" ones (Lex and Grundy). That'd up the total to 11 unlockable, which I would be cool with. I just wish they had at least 1 unlockable costume per character.

[quote name='GhostShark']
I like the diversity of the alternate costumes, but I hate seeing some characters that have 5 or 6 costumes while others only have 2 or 3. No flying Graysons for Nightwing? No Reverse Flash for Flash? No Long Hair and Bearded Peter David Aquaman? No Green Lantern Sinestro? Some missed chances there, but I like the ones already do have. Plus, there is that DLC thing they could do.[/QUOTE]

LOTS of missed chances, but I'm sure we'll see more down the road.

No idea, looking like a day 1 purchase for me.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku'] [/QUOTE]

This guy.

Man, this song is awesome. I love it.

She's also very gorgeous. :drool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Vita propaganda:

Hmmm, I'll keep it to exclusives in the first list (these I've played):
Gravity Rush
Uncharted
WipEout 2048 (which if you have the PS3 WipEout HD+Fury gets you an insane amount of DLC)
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Dokuro (PSN)
Unit 13
Super Stardust Delta (PSN)
Lumines
escapeVektor (PSN)
Touch My Katamari (nothing ground breaking, but it's fun and it's Katamari on the go... neat tricks incorporated via trouch screen for squishing the ball in various ways)
Treasures of Montezuma Blitz (free! Plays like Bejewled, sorta.)

Part of why I like the system though is because it offers quality ports of PS3 titles I like and I can play them without needing a TV. Here's a list of other games with notes:

Mutant Blobs Attack (on Steam, but intended for Vita originally. Phenomenal.)
Rayman: Origins (console perfect, pretty much)
Sound Shapes (cross-buy on PS3, but developed for Vita originally; interesting music driven platformer... not a must buy for everyone, but it's worth if it you find it on sale)
Blazblue:CS2Ex (pretty much console perfect)
UMvC3 (again, 60fps, pretty much console perfect)
MK9 (gameplay is console perfect, all kontent, extra challenge tower with Vita gimmicks, character models and textures took a hit)
Sine Mora (pretty much the silky 60fps of the consoles/Steam; awesome game, great to have it portable)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma+ (it's okay if you're the kind of person who can deal with 30fps action games... some off-putting design choices regarding bow aiming, but a solid fix for action games on the go if you can handle the lower fps)
Zen Pinball 2 (cross-buy, solid arcade-y pinball title with lots of tables to choose from)
Urban Trial Freestyle (pretty competent Trials game on the go)
Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (pretty much same as the PSN/Steam/XBLA but portable)
Sony Smash (if you own the game, it's pretty much the same thing and you already own it via cross-buy)
Motorstorm RC (if you liked the old Off-Road games, this is great, cross-buy with PS3)
Guacamelee! (phenomenal Metroidvania brawler -- I've put like 13 hours into it over the past two days and can't put it down. Cross buy with PS3)
Metal Gear Solid HD (transfarring if you own them on PS3 they play and look amazing)

Honorable mentions that aren't exactly "my" recommendations:
Hot Shots Golf (if you like the game, it's supposed to be wonderful)
P4G (the definitive version of Persona 4)
DoA5+ (if you like DoA5, it's supposed to be good)

Add in a bunch of PSP titles you can buy off PSN and PSOne games on the go.
Also, apparently Sony is making it an Indie machine, so it's getting a fuck ton of the indie games you'd see on Steam or something like that. There's a bunch on it with a bunch more coming. Nun Attack, Jetpack Joyride, Plants vs. Zombies, etc. Coming soon: Terraria, Frozen Synapse, Binding of Isaac remake, and a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting.

Another thing worth noting is that if you ever plan to pick up a PS4, all native games to PS4 are supposed to have remote play on this thing, making it like a WiiU gamepad for the PS4. Anything that's doesn't require Move or whatever, at least.

Also, if you have a PS+ sub, you get another 1gb of cloud storage for your Vita, auto-uploads, and of course, the IGC for Vita in addition to what you're already getting for PS3. Someone else already mentioned it, I think, but it's currently Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Tekken 6 PSP, Disgaea 3 Vita, and something else (or two) that I'm forgetting.
[/QUOTE]

Aight, read this. I still have to play Rayman on the Vita. I tried playing the game on the 360 but wasn't diggin' it. I really want to give it another try.

I'm loving the fact that developers are in support of the Vita. I feel like the Vita is perfect for most indie games. Imagine playing Journey on the go. :drool: It would be cool if they brought over Castle Crashers.

I'd also add DJMAX Technika Tune to the list of "must buys." It's a ton of fun and easily one of the best Vita titles. It's very addicting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qrYjuCkMnk

It makes great use of both the front and back touchscreens.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']no[/QUOTE]

I hope you aren't lying.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Gamefly finally shipped out DMC today, so in a few days I'll post my thoughts on it. I know the GGT had extremely mixed impressions about it.[/QUOTE]

Gameplay is aight, story absolutely blows.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']So, what time are we playing CAH tonight, guys?[/QUOTE]

Anytime after about 8PM EST is good with me? Who all is interested this time?

[quote name='ihadFG']Anytime after about 8PM EST is good with me? Who all is interested this time?[/QUOTE]

Remind me. I might hop on for it.

[quote name='Luxuria']
Aight, read this. I still have to play Rayman on the Vita. I tried playing the game on the 360 but wasn't diggin' it. I really want to give it another try.

I'm loving the fact that developers are in support of the Vita. I feel like the Vita is perfect for most indie games. Imagine playing Journey on the go. :drool: It would be cool if they brought over Castle Crashers.

I'd also add DJMAX Technika Tune to the list of "must buys." It's a ton of fun and easily one of the best Vita titles. It's very addicting.

I hope you aren't lying.

Gameplay is aight, story absolutely blows.[/QUOTE]

(1) I don't think taco is lying, it looks standalone.
(2) Gameplay of DmC seems like they took DMC and turned it into a musou game.
(3) I wish Castle Crashers was on Vita too... I wish a lot of the games on PSN would work natively (Tokyo Jungle -- remote play is okay, but it'd be better to have native with cross-save). Couldn't care less about Journey though. But if it moves units, I'm all for it.
(4) Rayman won't appeal to everyone, unfortunately, but for me it's the best 2D platformer I've played since like... Super Mario World. I like it better than just about any Mario game that I've played/tried since Super Mario 64 as well. And it's actually easier on Vita because you can pop the Lums with the touchscreen. But otherwise, almost everything is exactly the same. Subtract co-op, add extra collectibles.
(5)Technica Tune is supposed to be great if you're into that sort of thing as well. It's not as high profile as HSG or P4G though, so that's probably why I missed it in my "honorable mentions I don't really play or haven't tried yet" list.

[quote name='Luxuria']This guy.

Man, this song is awesome. I love it.

She's also very gorgeous. :drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qrYjuCkMnk

It makes great use of both the front and back touchscreens.[/QUOTE]
She's a member of KARA who is featured prominently in DJ Max Technika :)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']
Kinda disappointed that there appear to be only a few unlockable skins. By my count, the ones that haven't been shown as pre-order, season pass or other DLC are:

Bane Knightfall
Flash Elseworlds
Green Lantern Yellow Lantern
Superman Godfall

So I'm guessing only 4 unlockable costumes? Unless the iOS ones do end up being unlockable, and maybe the 2 "unknown" ones (Lex and Grundy). That'd up the total to 11 unlockable, which I would be cool with. I just wish they had at least 1 unlockable costume per character.

LOTS of missed chances, but I'm sure we'll see more down the road.
[/QUOTE]
Well, Boon did say that a lot of the costumes would be unlockable and was apparently giving the impression that the preorder costumes at least may be unlockable in the main game.

[quote name='ihadFG']Anytime after about 8PM EST is good with me? Who all is interested this time?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a good time to me. Maybe we can get Hanky on this time.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']All of the unlockable console skins from the Injustice iOS game. The last one is
Prison Superman.
339ox1x.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Interesting, sucks to see such a crappy balance for the characters though. I hope almost all of them are unlockable in one way or another directly in the game though, would be really nice.

I have classes until 6 pst, so probably not.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Sold.[/QUOTE]
if you google blood dragon its literally the first result
Ign-"standalone dlc spinoff"

u lazy stoners are smoking too much new caprican loco weed

Hey Uraizen, Hank...

Yet there will still distinguish between consoles and computers, as the co-director of the project, Yui Tanimura, we confirmed to our searching questions that will play at 60 frames per second on PC while the rate will remain at the 30 for consoles. Yes, FromSoftware wanted this time to be very clear about it and has promised that the frame rate will not fall under any circumstances, since it is something I have taken great care and effort.

Dark Souls II is developed on PC first and they're promising locked 60fps.
As if I needed some additional motivation to build my gaming PC this year?
fucking done, dude.
Signed, sealed, delivered.

And another reason I don't give a flying fuck about the next gen consoles:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/11/42...les-ryse-forza

We're told Ryse is designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title. It's set in the roman empire period and uses deep Kinect integration to allow a player to slash and kick at enemies. We understand that Ryse will take advantage of the new body tracking improvements in the next Kinect sensor. Ryse is part of four major launch titles for the next-generation Xbox. Sources tell us that a new Forza title with "super life-like" graphics will also be made available at launch, alongside a zombie game and a family game set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics. We're told that the family game will utilize Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in the game.

We understand that these four titles are a small selection of the launch titles for the next-generation Xbox. Third-party support is said to be strong in the first-person-shooter genre. Microsoft is also working on some improvements to Xbox Live, including a switch to currency over the Microsoft Points system.

I have a gym membership for exercise no obese person is going to get into ryse or even a person in shape. Its a dead shitty gimmick

[quote name='Indignate']I have classes until 6 pst, so probably not.[/QUOTE]

We can wait until you are done. That's not too late.

[quote name='ihadFG']We can wait until you are done. That's not too late.[/QUOTE]

Dude, 6 PM PST is like 9 PM EST. And that's just when he's done. You're going to be asleep before the game even starts.

[quote name='ihadFG']You wanna play Hankypanky?[/QUOTE]

I would, but I've got plans for tonight. . .

Also love the description for Blood Dragon. I laughed so hard at the year. :D Love the 80s cheese.

[quote name='Farcry 3 Blood Dragon']The year is 2007 and Earth has been ravaged by a nuclear war which erupted in the 90s. The east vs. west conflict has raged for generations, and humanity continues to struggle to progress after a disastrous decade. New paths for peace must be found, and the US cyborg army may have found a solution: a powerful bioweapon on a distant island. Your mission is to gather information and figure out what the hell is going on.[/quote]

[quote name='ihadFG']We can wait until you are done. That's not too late.[/QUOTE]

If you guys want you can just start it whenever you're ready. Joining late in that game isn't really a big deal.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I would, but I've got plans for tonight. . .[/QUOTE]

lmfao-shots-o.gif

[quote name='Indignate']If you guys want you can just start it whenever you're ready. Joining late in that game isn't really a big deal.
[/QUOTE]

True, but the time I said was just a suggestion. What time do you think you'd be home and ready to play? I'll probably be up somewhat late tonight since I'm off tomorrow, so starting later isn't a big deal.

[quote name='ihadFG']True, but the time I said was just a suggestion. What time do you think you'd be home and ready to play? I'll probably be up somewhat late tonight since I'm off tomorrow, so starting later isn't a big deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm done at 5:40, so I'll be home by 6.

And I can always eat while I play.

[quote name='Indignate']I'm done at 5:40, so I'll be home by 6.

And I can always eat while I play.[/QUOTE]

We'll just wait for you in that case. I'll hop on skype around 9 my time.

Crotch, you in tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back