GGT 239: We came (out) too Fast and too Furiously

[quote name='corrosivefrost']RE: Revelations 3DS acquired.
Time to turn on the 3D... ;)

Might as well play it here for $10 and then sell it and pick it up when it's

[quote name='MSUHitman']How hard is it to play w/o the 2nd analog stick?[/QUOTE]

I played through the whole game like that, and it seemed fine. I didn't have any issues with the controls. For me, the main downside was just playing on a small screen.

[quote name='MSUHitman']How hard is it to play w/o the 2nd analog stick?[/QUOTE]
Zero problems playing with one stick.

Can't believe I watched all of that marvel 2 stream. Aloneonasaturdaynight

Last edited by a moderator:

[quote name='ihadFG']I played through the whole game like that, and it seemed fine. I didn't have any issues with the controls. For me, the main downside was just playing on a small screen.[/QUOTE]

Uraizen said to imagine RE4. I thought "I liked RE4" so I bought it for $9.98. But I haven't tried it yet.

I'll definitely be watching the new Xbox thing, I'm very interested in what they are going to show off.

[quote name='whoknows']Sega is always a major player.

In my heart.[/QUOTE]

Wooooo Sega! Also, I tried that Silent Hill game on Vita for a bit and remember you saying you had it, it seems kinda fun but they don't really explain much at all, either way I'd be down for the co-op sometime, I barely touched it so far though and can't even do the multi yet :p

[quote name='MoCiWe']I'll definitely be watching the new Xbox thing, I'm very interested in what they are going to show off.

Wooooo Sega! Also, I tried that Silent Hill game on Vita for a bit and remember you saying you had it, it seems kinda fun but they don't really explain much at all, either way I'd be down for the co-op sometime, I barely touched it so far though and can't even do the multi yet :p[/QUOTE]

I liked the demo but I have enough to play and it hasn't hit my price point yet.
Also, I'm really hoping that the MS conference is so ridiculous that I can spend an hour just laughing at what they're doing. :)

Pretend you're playing RE4 right now.

If that was hard, then it's impossible.

tumblr_mmx2btYX1z1qdlh1io1_400.gif

Man, the storm that just passed through here was nuts. Completely knocked the pillar off of one side of the outside of my house and was throwing grills and shit around in the street like they were scraps of paper.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I liked the demo but I have enough to play and it hasn't hit my price point yet.
Also, I'm really hoping that the MS conference is so ridiculous that I can spend an hour just laughing at what they're doing. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not sure if I would have bought the game right away normally but it was included in the bundle I got and it's enjoyable enough so I'm okay with it. I for one actually hope to see good things at the MS conference, but I like to see good games coming from all of the big 3 and always hope for the best :D

[quote name='MoCiWe']Yeah, I'm not sure if I would have bought the game right away normally but it was included in the bundle I got and it's enjoyable enough so I'm okay with it. I for one actually hope to see good things at the MS conference, but I like to see good games coming from all of the big 3 and always hope for the best :D[/QUOTE]

They've just been sooo... uh... determined to replace the Wii and become an entertainment center instead of a gaming console that the last two exclusives that people cared about were Gears: Judgement and Halo 4 and I'm not sure either lived up to the hype (they certainly didn't do much for me; I'm not into Halo and Judgement was the first Gears game I didn't buy at launch [and have no interest in playing still] since I've owned a 360).

Combine that with the pay to play online, some of the ridiculous rumours about the new console's features, etc... since I have no stake in it, I'm hoping for laughs. But if it's actually good, that'd be the *shock* part that would also be acceptible to me. ;)

[quote name='GUNNM']Did nigri get tit implants?
977129_10151679785977533_765528328_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

New ones? Probably not.

[quote name='Luxuria']They've always been like that. Trust me, I'm a professional.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKGPhKu3jNg[/QUOTE]

Yup.

[quote name='linkpwns']Guys be fun[/QUOTE]

No.

Disappointed to see that they're not going ahead with the gameplay style of Guilty Gear 2.

That MOBA/RTS thing they did was better than any fighting game they've put out.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']They've just been sooo... uh... determined to replace the Wii and become an entertainment center instead of a gaming console that the last two exclusives that people cared about were Gears: Judgement and Halo 4 and I'm not sure either lived up to the hype (they certainly didn't do much for me; I'm not into Halo and Judgement was the first Gears game I didn't buy at launch [and have no interest in playing still] since I've owned a 360).

Combine that with the pay to play online, some of the ridiculous rumours about the new console's features, etc... since I have no stake in it, I'm hoping for laughs. But if it's actually good, that'd be the *shock* part that would also be acceptible to me. ;)
[/QUOTE]

I really want them to come out swinging, just because competition is good for the industry.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']They've just been sooo... uh... determined to replace the Wii and become an entertainment center instead of a gaming console that the last two exclusives that people cared about were Gears: Judgement and Halo 4[/QUOTE]

I don't see how those two things correlate. I do agree that they've seem to be putting more effort on being the latter though.

I don't think the exclusives thing adds to your argument. What were the last ones for the PS3? God of War and Ni No Kuni? Not trying to knock anyone, I'm just glad that exclusives seem to be happening less and less now with games that aren't funded by MS or Sony.

I want to watch it just to see what they come out with. Other than the alternative music industry, the gaming industry is what I follow the most so it's always exciting to see what's coming up.

So if the guys making batman origins can back and realize they're making a mistake by not having the original voice for batman and then hire the dude kojima can do the same. #HireHayter

What I read said that he was always in the game and had already did like a year being in the studio for it.

Also, Hayter is in MGS. Stop fooling yourself.

Also, Kojima will never realize that he is wrong. Cuz he never is.

Nah Hayter aint trolling. I thought they said kevin wasn't going to do the voice.

I'm gonna watch UMVC3 finals through my xbox
holdat

[quote name='Indignate']I don't want to watch ChrisG play AE.

There's not enough Soul Fisting.[/QUOTE]

Shit I missed it that was the fight I left too

[quote name='Luxuria']Borderlands 2 is pretty legit.[/QUOTE]
The DLC has been pretty lackluster IMO FWIW IIRC. The first one fun the second was great the third was shit but the 4th with that racist little rugrat looks awesome (not that I've seen gameplay but tiny tina is awesome)

[quote name='Indignate']I don't see how those two things correlate. I do agree that they've seem to be putting more effort on being the latter though.

I don't think the exclusives thing adds to your argument. What were the last ones for the PS3? God of War and Ni No Kuni? Not trying to knock anyone, I'm just glad that exclusives seem to be happening less and less now with games that aren't funded by MS or Sony.

I want to watch it just to see what they come out with. Other than the alternative music industry, the gaming industry is what I follow the most so it's always exciting to see what's coming up.[/QUOTE]

Focus on Kinect = Focus on Motion Controlled and more Casual gaming = more like the wii.
The entertainment thing is independent of that, but it's what their goal is... they want to be the box people have under their TV that gets used for everything. It could be good for their bottom line, but I miss the days when there was decent competition and good franchises.

As far as exclusives go, yeah, they're part of the past for the most part now because unless a game is first party, they need the additional marketshare another platform can provide. That said, The Last of Us (for me) is 10x better than anything that's been exclusive on 360 lately.

But my reason for mentioning exclusives is that's what sells systems, most likely. If I want call of duty, I can get that on any platform I choose, so that game isn't necessarily a system seller, but if I absolutely live and breathe Halo or Gears I *must* have an xbox. I generally lean towards Sony, but none of the announced launch titles for PS4 have done anything to interest me. As a contrast, a bunch of the more recent games in the 3DS lineup had me reconsider my opinion and opt for one as a birthday gift (Luigi's Mansion, the new Zelda, DKCR3D, etc.). Without the first party support and some exclusives, there's not a lot to differentiate between a PS4 and a Durango... only things like "is online multiplayer still free on PS4?", "does next360 require always on internet to play or ban used games?", etc. And those kinds of questions aren't the stuff that hype is made of. :)

--

whoknows, if you see this, I might be able to play RE6 sometime around 12am EDT. Send me an IM if you're going to be around.

[quote name='Indignate']Justin just perfected Champ.

Where you at GUNNM Dawg?[/QUOTE]
Sorry dawg I choose GOT.

Yipes on commentary I'm guessing he got eliminated? And up next is ''ILL MONEY MATCH YOU ANY AMOUNT' Flux vs unknowntittes. I saw cj showstopper 3-1 yipes this morning everyone was in shock

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Focus on Kinect = Focus on Motion Controlled and more Casual gaming = more like the wii.
The entertainment thing is independent of that, but it's what their goal is... they want to be the box people have under their TV that gets used for everything. It could be good for their bottom line, but I miss the days when there was decent competition and good franchises.[/QUOTE]

The entertainment set top box centerpiece is what their goal was when they came out with the original xbox.

Played a bit more RE4 today. This game seems long as hell. I wish you could buy ammo from the merchant though.

Yup my only compliant with RE6 was it should have been broken up better and MP modes should be free. Great game great experience more resident evil this week!

bread's done
Back