GGT 240 riots at Xbox One Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Thomas96']I wish that I could get an Xbox one as part of a cable package.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see some offer it at a subsidized price with a cable contract down the road. They could make some small box or adapter to get the cable deed to the Xbox one instead of needing a full on cable box probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the One controller still takes Double A batteries pisses me off. We know it's going to cost like, $70. Why not just throw some rechargeables in there?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The fact that the One controller still takes Double A batteries pisses me off. We know it's going to cost like, $70. Why not just throw some rechargeables in there?[/QUOTE]

I vastly prefer that. I have a bunch of Eneloop rechargeable AA and AAA batteries so I always have a fresh set to pop in.

PS3 is a pain as I don't have any USB cables long enough to plug in and keep playing if the battery dies, and I don't use it enough to bother buying a longer cable.

I believe MS announced some time ago that they will offer "El Uno" with a service contract and everyone assumed they just meant a couple years of Xbox Live, but they could be referring to some cable company deal.

I'm not too certain about one of its features; the whole "save games anywhere anytime". While something like this is understandable for handhelds, certain games are made better, I believe, by forcing save points or limiting saves. I am sure a lot of folks may like this, but it forces a specific mentality and takes away from the suspence of wanting to get thru a part to save, making console games less immediant. I think the PS4 is going this way too.

[quote name='Krymner']While something like this is understandable for handhelds, certain games are made better, I believe, by forcing save points or limiting saves. I am sure a lot of folks may like this, but it forces a specific mentality and takes away from the suspence of wanting to get thru a part to save, making console games less immediant. I think the PS4 is going this way too.[/QUOTE]

Thoroughly disagree with that. I'm all for save anywhere in all games as I LOATHE replaying sections of games.

In games with save anywhere features I save after pretty much every battle etc. just to make sure i don't have to do it again.

I can see your point though for those that play for challenge, suspense etc., rather than to just relax and enjoy the game content, story etc. like I do.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The fact that the One controller still takes Double A batteries pisses me off. We know it's going to cost like, $70. Why not just throw some rechargeables in there?[/QUOTE]

I also kinda disagree with you on this one :/ I have a fair amount of rechargeable batteries myself and I prefer just having to switch them out quick instead of playing with a wire to charge the controller.

I'm with you. I always have a controller plugged in to my PS3. So it's constantly charging when I'm watching Netflix, and I don't like sitting too far away from the tv, so it's charging as I play. Once in a while I'll take it out, but it's never been a problem.

But having to constantly switch out batteries and making sure I have them on hand? Bah.

I think plenty of games would be fine with a save anywhere feature, but there are some games that would be absolutely ruined by it. Dead Rising for instance would be a completely different game with a save anywhere feature. The saving is an active part of the game mechanics.

How do you guys not have longer cords? You can get them for like, nothing. Sure, I have rechargeable AAs, but I much prefer the non-hassle of the PS3 controller. 4th Horsemen totes gets where I'm coming from. I just hate making sure that I have backup batteries on hand.

[quote name='ihadFG']I think plenty of games would be fine with a save anywhere feature, but there are some games that would be absolutely ruined by it. Dead Rising for instance would be a completely different game with a save anywhere feature. The saving is an active part of the game mechanics.[/QUOTE]
Truth. If they ever did that they might as well just do away with the whole time mechanic. Speaking of which, really hope we see a new DR at E3.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Truth. If they ever did that they might as well just do away with the whole time mechanic. Speaking of which, really hope we see a new DR at E3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a lot like the stop-and-shoot mechanic in Resident Evil. Taking that out would change the game tremendously. It's one of the things that I like about the series. We've got a gajillion games with move and shoot already, can't we just leave Resident Evil alone for those of us that like it?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Truth. If they ever did that they might as well just do away with the whole time mechanic. Speaking of which, really hope we see a new DR at E3.[/QUOTE]
I loved DR bought all of the expansions and games on release day. Frank West is the best!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How do you guys not have longer cords? You can get them for like, nothing. Sure, I have rechargeable AAs, but I much prefer the non-hassle of the PS3 controller. 4th Horsemen totes gets where I'm coming from. I just hate making sure that I have backup batteries on hand.[/QUOTE]

Cord length has nothing to do with it, I just do not want a wire coming out of my controller if I don't have to. I feel that having it fully wireless at all times is just better for me, and if you saw how I play my games you might have a better idea why lol

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, it's a lot like the stop-and-shoot mechanic in Resident Evil. Taking that out would change the game tremendously. It's one of the things that I like about the series. We've got a gajillion games with move and shoot already, can't we just leave Resident Evil alone for those of us that like it?[/QUOTE]
That's what I would prefer. I much prefer the stop and shoot. Resident Evil doesn't need to be Dead Space. That's what Dead Space is for.

[quote name='GUNNM']I loved DR bought all of the expansions and games on release day. Frank West is the best![/QUOTE]
Yep! Same. Well, except for the original. I didn't pick that up until a friend was trying to get rid of it a few months after it came out. It's one of those games that got me back into games in a big way.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Cord length has nothing to do with it, I just do not want a wire coming out of my controller if I don't have to. I feel that having it fully wireless at all times is just better for me, and if you saw how I play my games you might have a better idea why lol[/QUOTE]
You play with your hands behind your head? That's what I do most of the time. It's pretty comfortable.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']
You play with your hands behind your head? That's what I do most of the time. It's pretty comfortable.[/QUOTE]

Haha, nah. I just move my arms around and swing the controller a lot or like toss it back and forth between my hands, then sometimes when I'm waiting or I do something awesome and win I'll tend to flip the controller for fun and catch it, a wire isn't ideal for doing that lol. And I don't know if you remember me saying this on Skype but I'm also someone who has had the same controllers for a long time and doesn't break them really even though I so stuff like that :p

[quote name='BlueScrote']Finished Chapter 5-2 in RE4. Probably the most intense chapter so far. The tone in RE4 is so much different than in RE5.[/QUOTE]

Shinji Mikami dude. It was his last Resident Evil game he was attached to. While RE5 was fun, it doesn't come close to how awesome RE4 was.

So RE: Revelations is pretty dope, got that RE4 vibe and the up-res for PC looks like a very polished console game. Raid mode is dope too, almost makes me want RE6's Merc's Mode. It might be that old school gamer in me, but the first Raid level, after I completed it I went right back in it again to get a better score, then again to top the previous one.

I just charge my PS3 controller off a generic mini usb cable that half my other devices use and plug it into my netbook/laptop while I'm sleeping or something and done gaming for the night. Having a second controller just allows me to rotate them -- this way if I do somehow run out of juice mid game, I pick up the second controller, pop the first one on the usb cable and continue playing. And after 5+ years, my original SixAxis has better battery life than the stupid play and charge kit pack I bought for my 360 controllers.

Saving anywhere is different than suspending games.
I'm okay with the latter and I love that I can do it on my Vita. I want to go do something? Put the system in suspend and I'm off and I just pick right back up where I left off. But if I die, I'm still getting sent back to the last checkpoint or save. And that's the way it should be.
If we start having the ability to save state every game like an emulator? That's just ridiculous.

As far as moving and shooting in RE games? I'm all for it, so long as the game mechanics are designed around it. Make my shots less accurate while I'm moving and shooting so it's more "realistic". When RE moved to Third Person and more shooting than survival horror, this was a necessary addition and RE6 actually does it well.

Dead Rising is awesome. The save system was genius. Frank West is an awful character.

Did I miss anything else? ;)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I just charge my PS3 controller off a generic mini usb cable that half my other devices use and plug it into my netbook/laptop while I'm sleeping or something and done gaming for the night. Having a second controller just allows me to rotate them -- this way if I do somehow run out of juice mid game, I pick up the second controller, pop the first one on the usb cable and continue playing. And after 5+ years, my original SixAxis has better battery life than the stupid play and charge kit pack I bought for my 360 controllers.

I'm okay with the latter and I love that I can do it on my Vita. I want to go do something? Put the system in suspend and I'm off and I just pick right back up where I left off. But if I die, I'm still getting sent back to the last checkpoint or save. And that's the way it should be.
If we start having the ability to save state every game like an emulator? That's just ridiculous.

As far as moving and shooting in RE games? I'm all for it, so long as the game mechanics are designed around it. Make my shots less accurate while I'm moving and shooting so it's more "realistic". When RE moved to Third Person and more shooting than survival horror, this was a necessary addition and RE6 actually does it well.

Dead Rising is awesome. The save system was genius. Frank West is an awful character.

Did I miss anything else? ;)[/QUOTE]

10/10, would agree with again. I think one of the reasons I continue to prefer handhelds is game suspension. Being able to pick up and play where ever is fantastic.

Me and some other peoples on capcom forums thought that it the voice of vergil was also the voice of frank west even if the IMDB says otherwise.

Just got fire emblem, razor's edge and RE revelations in the mail. YAY fuck the outside

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

Frank is awesome. I love when he says CALM DOWN during his UMVC3 combo

[quote name='dmaul1114']I vastly prefer that. I have a bunch of Eneloop rechargeable AA and AAA batteries so I always have a fresh set to pop in.

PS3 is a pain as I don't have any USB cables long enough to plug in and keep playing if the battery dies, and I don't use it enough to bother buying a longer cable.[/QUOTE]

Never an issue for me. I have one controller always charging and I swap when the one I'm using dies.

Happened last night when I was playing RE6 with Frost. Caused no hassles, and there's the fact that there's no added cost to buy rechargeable batteries for it.

I'm always surprised when anything uses batteries these days.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I think Frank is a shit ton better in UMvC than he is in his own games. He jumps like a gorilla. It's top tier.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind Frank in Dead Rising.
In DR2/Off the Record/UMvC3 his visual design changed and it just became a trainwreck for me.
I never liked him because "he covered wars, y'know".

If the new Xbox simply has a suspend feature, then yeah, that's fine with me. Suspending is great.

As for moving and shooting to compensate for the actiony direction in RE, that only furthers the issues I have with the series trying to be more like every other action game. I'm not saying that makes it a bad game necessarily, just that I like the old RE style and it's a shame to see it go in favor of yet another third person shooter. I'd rather see more spinoffs for that or a whole new IP. I think RE4 is about as far as I would want the main series to go in the action direction.

[quote name='ihadFG']Yeah, it's a lot like the stop-and-shoot mechanic in Resident Evil. Taking that out would change the game tremendously. It's one of the things that I like about the series. We've got a gajillion games with move and shoot already, can't we just leave Resident Evil alone for those of us that like it?[/QUOTE]
Amen.

And keep your goddamn Left 4 Dead and Dead Space enemies out of my RE while you're at it. :nottalking: RE6 decided it wanted to have all of them.
[quote name='CaptainJoel']That's what I would prefer. I much prefer the stop and shoot. Resident Evil doesn't need to be Dead Space. That's what Dead Space is for.
[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Also Dead Space beat Resident Evil at its own game. Dead Space 1 is the best RE game this gen.
[quote name='j-cart']Shinji Mikami dude. It was his last Resident Evil game he was attached to. While RE5 was fun, it doesn't come close to how awesome RE4 was.

So RE: Revelations is pretty dope, got that RE4 vibe and the up-res for PC looks like a very polished console game. Raid mode is dope too, almost makes me want RE6's Merc's Mode. It might be that old school gamer in me, but the first Raid level, after I completed it I went right back in it again to get a better score, then again to top the previous one.[/QUOTE]
RE5 was fun as hell co-op, but it's definitely not as great as RE4.

I want to play Revelations, but I'mma wait for it to be cheap. . .
[quote name='corrosivefrost']I just charge my PS3 controller off a generic mini usb cable that half my other devices use and plug it into my netbook/laptop while I'm sleeping or something and done gaming for the night. Having a second controller just allows me to rotate them -- this way if I do somehow run out of juice mid game, I pick up the second controller, pop the first one on the usb cable and continue playing. And after 5+ years, my original SixAxis has better battery life than the stupid play and charge kit pack I bought for my 360 controllers.

My play and charge kit lasted a year, then it would hold a charge for all of 2 hours. I traded it into Gestapo and got $8. :bouncy:

Lots of PC games let you save anywhere. "hits F5" Is it abusable? Sure. But I love the convenience.

Moving and shooting and accuracy loss depends on the game for me. When I play RE, I'm looking for more accurate shots, so obviously I'll stop and aim. If I'm playing most FPS games, I'll just run and gun, go for headshots. Don't have to stop and hold a button. That'll be the next evolution with RE, not having to hold a button to aim. Make it happen. RE FPS. :bouncy:

Dead Space is awesome. . .Wait, you said Dead Rising? Eh, it's OK. Was fun when there was nothing else to play on 360. But damn, those mechanics need to be tightened up. DR2 seemed to be an improvement, but I haven't played it enough to judge.

I had a 12 foot cable to charge my PS3 controller, it cost me $4.50. Best $4.50 I have ever spent.

Dead Rising is not a zombie game, it is a Dynasty Warrior game where the mobs are skinned as zombies.

When you do get RE: R Hank, I'll be ready to run you through the raid mode.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
Lots of PC games let you save anywhere. "hits F5" Is it abusable? Sure. But I love the convenience.
[/QUOTE]

I like the convenience 99% of the time too, but I think it should be up to the developer whether or not to include it.

[quote name='ihadFG']If the new Xbox simply has a suspend feature, then yeah, that's fine with me. Suspending is great.

As for moving and shooting to compensate for the actiony direction in RE, that only furthers the issues I have with the series trying to be more like every other action game. I'm not saying that makes it a bad game necessarily, just that I like the old RE style and it's a shame to see it go in favor of yet another third person shooter. I'd rather see more spinoffs for that or a whole new IP. I think RE4 is about as far as I would want the main series to go in the action direction.[/QUOTE]

My point regarding the move and shoot has nothing to do with how actiony it is.
There is no reason that Leon cannot back away from a mob while trying to carefully thin the number of enemies out. This can lend itself into the "he should roll and take cover" too. Which I also have no problem with if it's not forced on the user. Guess how many times I used the roll mechanic in RE6 or Dead Space 3? :p

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My point regarding the move and shoot has nothing to do with how actiony it is.
There is no reason that Leon cannot back away from a mob while trying to carefully thin the number of enemies out. This can lend itself into the "he should roll and take cover" too. Which I also have no problem with if it's not forced on the user. Guess how many times I used the roll mechanic in RE6 or Dead Space 3? :p[/QUOTE]

It's not about realism or what Leon should be able to do for me though. It's that I like the way the restrictions affect how you play and how the game flows. It turns combat into a matter of positioning and strategy and reduces on-the-fly strategizing to a degree that hits the sweet spot for me.

[quote name='whoknows']It's also not as good as Dynasty Warriors.[/QUOTE]

I can kind of agree with that, because Fist of the North Star is the only good Dynasty Warrior game.

[quote name='j-cart']I had a 12 foot cable to charge my PS3 controller, it cost me $4.50. Best $4.50 I have ever spent.

Dead Rising is not a zombie game, it is a Dynasty Warrior game where the mobs are skinned as zombies.

When you do get RE: R Hank, I'll be ready to run you through the raid mode.[/QUOTE]
I've got some 80 cent Monoprice 6 foot extenders I use. :bouncy:

I liked throwing zombies through windows and such, but fuck that game when guns show up. Seriously fuck the SWAT team shit. That's when that game started sucking dick.

Down for raid mode.
[quote name='whoknows']It's also not as good as Dynasty Warriors.[/QUOTE]
Nothing is, really.

You know what would be though? Godzilla Musou.
[quote name='ihadFG']I like the convenience 99% of the time too, but I think it should be up to the developer whether or not to include it.[/QUOTE]
It is on PC. Save states would be amusing, giant 2 GB saves.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']My point regarding the move and shoot has nothing to do with how actiony it is.
There is no reason that Leon cannot back away from a mob while trying to carefully thin the number of enemies out. This can lend itself into the "he should roll and take cover" too. Which I also have no problem with if it's not forced on the user. Guess how many times I used the roll mechanic in RE6 or Dead Space 3? :p[/QUOTE]
I rolled all the fucking time in RE6. Roll past enemies, knife their ankles to death, roll away. Friend was cracking up watching me do it.

But yes, I've no issues with moving and aiming, provided it doesn't turn into Chris strafing around enemies with dual shotguns.

. . .On 2nd thought, that would be badass as fuck. :drool:

[quote name='ihadFG']If the new Xbox simply has a suspend feature, then yeah, that's fine with me. Suspending is great.

As for moving and shooting to compensate for the actiony direction in RE, that only furthers the issues I have with the series trying to be more like every other action game. I'm not saying that makes it a bad game necessarily, just that I like the old RE style and it's a shame to see it go in favor of yet another third person shooter. I'd rather see more spinoffs for that or a whole new IP. I think RE4 is about as far as I would want the main series to go in the action direction.[/QUOTE]

The old style Resident Evil games are incredibly dated by today's standards. I enjoy them, but that's because I've played them so much in the past that I'm used to the archaic gameplay. By the time RE0 came out people were saying that the series needed an update, which I agreed with. We got RE4 which was great and then the similar but not as great RE5. Then we get RE6 which has completely logical gameplay upgrades and the whole internet explodes saying it's not like the old RE games (which RE hasn't been for nearly 7 years by that point, people just suddenly remembered to complain) and review sites give it ridiculous scores like 4/10.

I don't get it.

[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why there was no Godzilla game this gen. I need one!

[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why there was no Godzilla game this gen.

Also sliding around with a shotgun and blasting people in RE6 was fun as hell too. Reminded me of Vanquish.

Seriously just put gun pimping back in RE6 and I'd like it more.

[quote name='4thHorseman']...and I don't like sitting too far away from the tv...[/quote]

That's limited by TV size and room layout etc. though. I've got a 55" TV so I can't sit too close. Besides that it's in the living room of my condo and the couch is the only seating in there, so sitting any closer requires sitting in the floor.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How do you guys not have longer cords? You can get them for like, nothing. Sure, I have rechargeable AAs, but I much prefer the non-hassle of the PS3 controller. [/QUOTE]

I'm just OCD about having shit like cords around. Especially long ones that are more of a hassle to wind up and store neatly.

And like MoCiWe I wouldn't game with a long cord drapped across the room anyway. So I just play 360 or do something else if my PS3 controller dies while playing. I do have two now so it's rare for both to die. But that did happen recently as I hadn't touched it in months and both were dead.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
[/QUOTE]

It would be easy enough for people who didn't like using it to not use it and just go only with the auto save points.

I'm fine with some limits like not being able to save during combat in WRPGs etc. But one of my biggest pet peeves is games with long stretches, long battles etc. between check points as I have pretty much no patience for replaying stuff.

I just want to keep making progress in the questing, storyline etc. or else I feel like I'm wasting time since I don't play games for challenge or sense of accomplishment.

I do get that some games like Dead Rising would be ruined by it. And I don't think every game needs a save state feature by any means. Some genre's should remain harder and cater to those who play for challenge etc. Easy enough for me to avoid those games. :D

[quote name='whoknows']The old style Resident Evil games are incredibly dated by today's standards. I enjoy them, but that's because I've played them so much in the past that I'm used to the archaic gameplay. By the time RE0 came out people were saying that the series needed an update, which I agreed with. We got RE4 which was great and then the similar but not as great RE5. Then we get RE6 which has completely logical gameplay upgrades and the whole internet explodes saying it's not like the old RE games (which RE hasn't been for nearly 7 years by that point, people just suddenly remembered to complain) and review sites give it ridiculous scores like 4/10.

I don't get it.
[/QUOTE]

While the old RE style may have been the result of control limitations at the time, I wouldn't personally call the style dated. I didn't even get into the pre-RE4 style games until a couple years ago. Sure, it may not be what most people want out of a game these days, but I personally find the mechanics to be fun and interesting. On top of that, it's a style that I can't get anywhere else, which is why I'm disappointed that the series is trying to "evolve" by joining the crowd of done-to-death third person action games. In the same way, I was disappointed to see human enemies with guns in Dead Space 3.

I never could stand the tank controls in RE games. I played some of them for the story/atmosphere, but it was in spite of hating the controls.

I do agree they should have left the series as survival horror regardless of controls as there are definitely plenty of third person shooters out there. And RE5 (haven't played RE6 and probably won't) was pretty mediocre gameplay wise compared to the best of the genre like Gears or Uncharted.

Only completed Leon and Jake's campaign on RE6, but the controls I got into after I realized that they totally made them to cater to Merc Mode. What annoyed me was that I was constantly being told to as my objective, like every objective was basically kill everything. Then came the amazingly stupid awesome QTEs during Jake's motorcycle scenes. I can dig it, but let me play it, not QTE it.

Being a fan of RE2 and 3 (merc mode in RE3 was too awesome), the tank controls were something we just were use to. It was an old school style of control that made the game different. It took more time than it should have to get use to the controls, but that was during an era where there was no such thing as "dual analog" sticks.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I didn't mind Frank in Dead Rising.
In DR2/Off the Record/UMvC3 his visual design changed and it just became a trainwreck for me.
I never liked him because "he covered wars, y'know".[/QUOTE]

He was practically identical to his DR1 self in UMvC3.

66379.jpg
Frank%2BWest.png

I'm with you on the change in DR2 onward. That was a mess.

[quote name='ihadFG']While the old RE style may have been the result of control limitations at the time, I wouldn't personally call the style dated. I didn't even get into the pre-RE4 style games until a couple years ago. Sure, it may not be what most people want out of a game these days, but I personally find the mechanics to be fun and interesting. On top of that, it's a style that I can't get anywhere else, which is why I'm disappointed that the series is trying to "evolve" by joining the crowd of done-to-death third person action games. In the same way, I was disappointed to see human enemies with guns in Dead Space 3.[/QUOTE]

It may be becoming similar to other third person games, but it's still it's own thing. There really aren't any other games I can think of that have the rolling/dodging/sliding/melee mechanics that RE6 has. Plus story-wise those mechanics make sense. I mean, the characters are skilled so they should be able to do those things. Not to mention, I like how zombies are treated in that game more than in other games. I never found RE style zombies scary because they can barely walk. Only makes sense to kick one in the face.

EDIT: Something I also really like about RE6 is it's incredibly easy to play in the sense that, at least for me there are no parts that felt like a chore to play. It had a lot of variety and kept things interesting for me. Every other RE game I've played has had at least one part that felt like work to get though.

[quote name='whoknows']It may be becoming similar to other third person games, but it's still it's own thing. There really aren't any other games I can think of that have the rolling/dodging/sliding/melee mechanics that RE6 has. Plus story-wise those mechanics make sense. I mean, the characters are skilled so they should be able to do those things. Not to mention, I like how zombies are treated in that game more than in other games. I never found RE style zombies scary because they can barely walk. Only makes sense to kick one in the face.[/QUOTE]

The thing for me is that I don't actually care about what makes sense realistically. I simply like the way the controls and the zombies work mechanically. I mean, I do like some of the horror aspects such as the atmosphere of the Mansion in RE1, or the way the unintimidating regular zombies become crimsonheads if you don't burn their bodies, but ultimately the core of what I like about the old style is very heavily reliant on the game, control, and camera mechanics.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Amen.

And keep your goddamn Left 4 Dead and Dead Space enemies out of my RE while you're at it. :nottalking: RE6 decided it wanted to have all of them.
[/QUOTE]

Don't wander into mercs mode then.

[quote name='ihadFG']It's not about realism or what Leon should be able to do for me though. It's that I like the way the restrictions affect how you play and how the game flows. It turns combat into a matter of positioning and strategy and reduces on-the-fly strategizing to a degree that hits the sweet spot for me.[/QUOTE]

It's still a matter of positioning and strategy. Just cause you can back up doesn't mean you can blindly do it as an answer for everything. Enemies can form up behind you, come in from your peripheral, all sorts of shit because you're moving into something you can't see. It's not like it make the game easy mode or anything or totally breaks the game.

[quote name='ihadFG'] On top of that, it's a style that I can't get anywhere else, which is why I'm disappointed that the series is trying to "evolve" by joining the crowd of done-to-death third person action games. In the same way, I was disappointed to see human enemies with guns in Dead Space 3.[/QUOTE]

When it starts becoming necessary to play the Gears "duck into cover, pop and shot, repeat" then it will have joined the same ranks as the "done to death TPS action games". Same for DS3.

And based on the story of DS3, human enemies made sense. And they were kept to a minimum, so I have no problem with them. Wasn't a fan, but it's not like I had to ask myself "why the fuck were these put in the game?!".

[quote name='j-cart']Only completed Leon and Jake's campaign on RE6, but the controls I got into after I realized that they totally made them to cater to Merc Mode. What annoyed me was that I was constantly being told to as my objective, like every objective was basically kill everything. Then came the amazingly stupid awesome QTEs during Jake's motorcycle scenes. I can dig it, but let me play it, not QTE it.

Being a fan of RE2 and 3 (merc mode in RE3 was too awesome), the tank controls were something we just were use to. It was an old school style of control that made the game different. It took more time than it should have to get use to the controls, but that was during an era where there was no such thing as "dual analog" sticks.[/QUOTE]

RE3 mercs mode (and Nemesis) were the best things about that game. :)

[quote name='ActionKazimer']He was practically identical to his DR1 self in UMvC3.

I'm with you on the change in DR2 onward. That was a mess.[/QUOTE]

The concept art, sure. The in game model? He looks like a bald Mel Gibson with hair plugs.

frankwest-v1.png

[quote name='ihadFG']The thing for me is that I don't actually care about what makes sense realistically. I simply like the way the controls and the zombies work mechanically. I mean, I do like some of the horror aspects such as the atmosphere of the Mansion in RE1, or the way the unintimidating regular zombies become crimsonheads if you don't burn their bodies, but ultimately the core of what I like about the old style is very heavily reliant on the game, control, and camera mechanics.[/QUOTE]

I guess different perspectives. I've been playing RE since long before RE4 so I was more open to the changes instead laying the old style after RE4 like you did.

[quote name='GUNNM']PS4 can call my mother a whore I'm still buying a PS4, fuck xbox. So disappointed in them.

Angry joe's xbox one rant made it on WSHH[/QUOTE]

Angy Joe is so uninformed and whiny. He's the example of what's wrong with gaming these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back