GGT 240 riots at Xbox One Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's still a matter of positioning and strategy. Just cause you can back up doesn't mean you can blindly do it as an answer for everything. Enemies can form up behind you, come in from your peripheral, all sorts of shit because you're moving into something you can't see. It's not like it make the game easy mode or anything or totally breaks the game.[/QUOTE]

Not saying it makes the game any easier or breaks the game or anything. Just saying that it changes things. It reduces the pre-combat planning and increases the mid-combat strategizing. Either of those are perfectly valid, but I'm just saying that I personally like the specific type of planning that the old RE games required, and it's something that I can't get elsewhere.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
When it starts becoming necessary to play the Gears "duck into cover, pop and shot, repeat" then it will have joined the same ranks as the "done to death TPS action games". Same for DS3.

And based on the story of DS3, human enemies made sense. And they were kept to a minimum, so I have no problem with them. Wasn't a fan, but it's not like I had to ask myself "why the fuck were these put in the game?!".[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, the human enemies made sense as far as the story goes. It's just that mechanically, they were boring to me. I still thought Dead Space 3 was a great game as a whole though.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
frankwest-v1.png
[/QUOTE]

Pick your poison, I guess. This is way worse to me:

dead_rising_frank_west_and_kent_swanson_by_solidcal-d4jcjqg.png

Come on.

I'm still waiting out on the games before I decide what to do about the new systems, yeah one's stronger, but until I know the specific games and more of the behind the scenes stuff (as well as the prices) I'm not going to cement any decision in quite yet. I'm still happy with my Wii U and if Nintendo cranks out enough of those games they've been talking about this year I'll be just fine waiting as well since I'm looking forward to their exclusives more then anything else that's been revealed so far anyway.

[quote name='GUNNM']https://twitter.com/TheXboxOne/status/337019303452868609[/QUOTE]

Expected after Sony did it but it still sucks, more reasons to keep the old systems though.

He's always been one of the most unintentionally ugly characters I've ever seen in a game.

Most of the characters in Dead Rising are pretty ugly overall though.

[quote name='whoknows']I guess different perspectives. I've been playing RE since long before RE4 so I was more open to the changes instead laying the old style after RE4 like you did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I certainly realize my perspective is my own, and I'm happy for people that enjoy the direction of the series. I just wish it didn't come at the expense of my own enjoyment due to my personal tastes. I wish we could have both RE6 for the people that like that and a new RE1 style game for people like me. (and before anyone says Revelations, I played through it and enjoyed it, but it was more RE5 than RE1 to me.)

[quote name='whoknows']He's always been one of the most unintentionally ugly characters I've ever seen in a game.

Most of the characters in Dead Rising are pretty ugly overall though.[/QUOTE]

True.

I love all of this fake xbox one backlash when sales come out its going to sell better than PS4. Buncha fake ninjas

[quote name='GUNNM']I love all of this fake xbox one backlash when sales come out its going to sell better than PS4. Buncha fake ninjas[/QUOTE]

Wii U master race.

[quote name='whoknows']Imma get Wii U.

It can turn on my TV. That's one less step for me when I want to start gaming.[/QUOTE]
But it has no achievements how are you going to track yourself as a gamer if you don't have achievements? Who's going to replay games like zelda and donkey kong when you beat it the first time?

Alan Wake is great the DLC was pretty bad the arcade game was good.

I definitely wanted more Alan Wake. American Nightmare was cool, but not quite what I was lookin for. Thought the first game had a lot of good in it. That soundtrack's great.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm thinking of dropping a $1 to get the soundtrack and then giving the keys away.[/QUOTE]
If you did then I'd take them! I'd replay them on steam in a heartbeat since my PC can actually run them.

Edit: Nvm. Not enough ram apparently. Goddamnit, PC.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If you did then I'd take them! I'd replay them on steam in a heartbeat since my PC can actually run them.

Edit: Nvm. Not enough ram apparently. Goddamnit, PC.[/QUOTE]

You still might get them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back