GGT 246 Was Delayed Slightly Due To E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite that moment in terms of best overall lineup this holiday, Nintendo might win just because we don't really know what will be at launch for either of the new consoles. PS4 has Knack and what else so far? I'm not even sure what Xbox One has launch day at all.

That's true, I know for sure Forza 5 launches on Xbox One, and if the bundles on GameStop were any indication then Ryse and Dead Rising 3 might be as well at least

Oh yeah, Battlefield 4 should as well since it will be out on the other systems already, same for AC4 I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell AC4 & Watchdogs will be on Wii U. Destiny might be, Activision hasn't said yes or no. I am not plunking $400 down for games I can already play unless they are just horribly compromised on the last gen systems which frankly it doesn't look like they will be.

I'm curious to see what Kirby will look like when he swallows her...

He will look like the shattered dreams of all Nintendo fans expecting more than Mario and Zelda remakes.

But srsly, where dat price drops???

Vita I can understand, but the Wii U needed something besides stuff we were more or less expecting.

Eh, I guess I will be waiting some more. Maybe a holiday bundle or price drop.

Nintendo doesn't like E3, so maybe we'll get something more substantive later.

Hell AC4 & Watchdogs will be on Wii U. Destiny might be, Activision hasn't said yes or no. I am not plunking $400 down for games I can already play unless they are just horribly compromised on the last gen systems which frankly it doesn't look like they will be.
yeah, i agree. I guess i will be the only one not preordering the ps4 here. I will wait till there are more games, and a price drop on the ps4

AC 4 looks cool ubisoft obviously realized connor sucked and got a new main character. My first game I'm buying when I get a PS4

I do have a PS4 pre-ordered but if the only game I'm interested in out at launch is Knack (Second Son looks good but they were very sure to say "launch window" which means like first 6 months) I'll probably wait.

He will look like the shattered dreams of all Nintendo fans expecting more than Mario and Zelda remakes.

But srsly, where dat price drops???

Vita I can understand, but the Wii U needed something besides stuff we were more or less expecting.

Eh, I guess I will be waiting some more. Maybe a holiday bundle or price drop.

Nintendo doesn't like E3, so maybe we'll get something more substantive later.
I did love how Reggie was going we have new IP look at 101! Yeah, ONE new IP Sony & MS both had lots of new IP.

How many Xbone or PS4 presales are actual people wanting the console versus flippers hoping to capitalize on the holiday sales rush?

I hope those people get burrrrnnnnneed.....

Nintendo fans wanted NEW Zelda.  You might not be realizing that regardless of what Nintendo fans want, they will take it up the ass regardless.  Hence Kirby with Wii Fit girl shoved down his gullet...

How many Xbone or PS4 presales are actual people wanting the console versus flippers hoping to capitalize on the holiday sales rush?

Nintendo fans wanted NEW Zelda. You might not be realizing that regardless of what Nintendo fans want, they will take it up the ass regardless. Hence Kirby with Wii Fit girl shoved down his gullet...
you can find your answers over at sd.

Agreed. I hate that shit.

Nintendo fans wanted NEW Zelda. You might not be realizing that regardless of what Nintendo fans want, they will take it up the ass regardless. Hence Kirby with Wii Fit girl shoved down his gullet...
There's no denying that people want new Zelda (and uh, the 3DS one IS one,) but there's also no denying the amount of people who spoke up saying that Wind Waker HD and even Earthbound coming to VC were system movers for them. There's no sense in trying to speak for an entire fanbase here. I get that a few people in this thread aren't wild about em, but the polls I'm seeing are still placing Nintendo above MS in regards to this event.

End of the day, the Wii was a Nintendo delivery device and it topped charts for a good while doing so. Wii U's gonna ride it's own happy wave just fine.

There's no denying that people want new Zelda (and uh, the 3DS one IS one,) but there's also no denying the amount of people who spoke up saying that Wind Waker HD and even Earthbound coming to VC were system movers for them. There's no sense in trying to speak for an entire fanbase here. I get that a few people in this thread aren't wild about em, but the polls I'm seeing are still placing Nintendo above MS in regards to this event.
Definitely above MS as 95% of discussion of MS is negative stuff about DRM, price etc.

The problem for Nintendo is those games just attract the diehard Nintendo fans who just haven't bought a Wii U yet. Doesn't help them attact gamers that didn't buy a Wii or GameCube etc. But honestly, I don't know that they'll ever tap into the core gamer market (or whatever silly label you want to call it) the way they did prior to the N64 so they just need to find ways to keep making money selling their franchises to their fans, and appealing to kids so they keep creating new generations of fans.

As a big Nintendo fan I understand what you are saying, but I'm perfectly fine with Wind Waker HD as well, I know we're getting a new game and that's great but if I can get something like WWHD while I wait for that to happen and make the wait shorter I'll happily take it.

Haha the complacency Nintendo has trained you all for. It's all good. Does it matter red or blue pill if you are happy and don't care?

I thought they showed a good range from typical Nintendo stuff - Mario Kart, Mario World, Smash Bros., Wind Waker HD, to less common Nintendo series - DK Country, Pikmin 3, to non-typical stuff - Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Monolith's X. Plus there's the new Sonic game they recently announced that looks great.

And they do have their Nintendo Directs every month, so I'm sure we'll be finding out about more things as the year goes on.

All in all, I can see why people who want games like Dead Rising 3 or Battlefield might not be interested in the WiiU, but I don't think that means they only are showing the same Mario and Zelda games. At least for me, there's a lot to be excited about other than Mario and Zelda.

Yeah e3is not nintendos bag. There might be more closer to holiday.

Also frosty Aisha Tyler acknowledged me on social media....squeeeeeeeeeee! Lol

Haha the complacency Nintendo has trained you all for. It's all good. Does it matter red or blue pill if you are happy and don't care?
Okay, good talk.

Guys see this? Metal Gear's facebook page.

"Just announced-- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be released on the Sony PlayStation®3, the Sony PlayStation®4, Xbox 360®, and the Xbox One®. What console will you be getting it on?"

Yeah, the new MGS is multiplatform.  Either PS3 or PS4 for me.  I'm not super jazzed about it at any rate.

Okay, good talk.

Guys see this? Metal Gear's facebook page.

"Just announced-- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will be released on the Sony PlayStation®3, the Sony PlayStation®4, Xbox 360®, and the Xbox One®. What console will you be getting it on?"
I'll probably get it on PS4 if it's not coming to PC -- I mean, I need to have *something* to play on the console if I buy it... and if I can stream it to my Vita? fuck yeah.

I'm so fuckin upset with you guys.

MoCiWe, you are in charge of locking this thread at 500. I don't give a fuck what happens. I don't care if the rest of CAG is on fire. I don't care even if I'm the one telling you not to lock it.

You lock this shit up and you lock it tight, like Josh's girlfriend.

I missed earlier that Smash Bros was coming to 3DS and Wii U, thought it was just the latter.

That's sweet news and reaffirms that I'm fine just getting my Nintendo fix on 3DS.

MoCiWe, you are in charge of locking this thread at 500. I don't give a fuck what happens. I don't care if the rest of CAG is on fire. I don't care even if I'm the one telling you not to lock it.

Oh my lol, hopefully I'll be awake when that happens. I'll do my best.

I missed earlier that Smash Bros was coming to 3DS and Wii U, thought it was just the latter.

That's sweet news and reaffirms that I'm fine just getting my Nintendo fix on 3DS.
Different levels on both versions, which is why I'm getting both. The 3DS has portable game themed levels and the Wii U version has console game themed levels

Different levels on both versions, which is why I'm getting both. The 3DS has portable game themed levels and the Wii U version has console game themed levels
Oh yeah, I got that they weren't identical. Just that I don't have much reason to get a Wii U when I can get my fix of pretty much all the Nintendo franchises on 3DS. I'm not into them enough to need to play their games on multiple platforms.

I actually the style/shader distinction between the two. Hope it'll pull of crossplay like PSASBR did.

Oh yeah, I got that they weren't identical. Just that I don't have much reason to get a Wii U when I can get my fix of pretty much all the Nintendo franchises on 3DS. I'm not into them enough to need to play their games on multiple platforms.
Yeah, it's still worth getting just one if you only have one system but I was just letting you know about the levels in case you didn't see that. I'm sure that if you purchase either one you will easily be able to get your moneys worth and if you don't have a Wii U and don't want anything else on it you can get your Smash fix on your 3DS fine.

I actually the style/shader distinction between the two. Hope it'll pull of crossplay like PSASBR did.
Yeah, I really like the difference in how they look, makes it more worth getting more since it will make them feel a bit different and not like you're just playing the exact same game.

1. Nintendo has online?

2. If they're different games with different levels, the odds of crossplay seems low.

3. Did Samus have an ultra/super? :lol:

4. Mega Man is awesome, but it's not a change that will make me buy a copy, most likely. Unless the online is good and there are regular GGT nights or something for 3DS, then I might get one in a deal.

1. Nintendo has online?

2. If they're different games with different levels, the odds of crossplay seems low.

1. Yeah, and if their recent games are any indication it's actually a lot better then it used to be and since Smash is only 4 people I'm hoping they can get a good system going

2. I agree with you on this part actually, I could see them doing a limited cross thing for certain things though since they did say there was a reason to get both (unless they were just talking about the levels)

3. It's the same as it was in Brawl, the huge laser beam that goes across the screen. (And if it's like in Brawl it's going to turn her into Zero Suit Samus when she uses it)

1. Nintendo has online?

1. Yeah, and if their recent games are any indication it's actually a lot better then it used to be and since Smash is only 4 people I'm hoping they can get a good system going

2. I agree with you on this part actually, I could see them doing a limited cross thing for certain things though since they did say there was a reason to get both (unless they were just talking about the levels)

3. It's the same as it was in Brawl, the huge laser beam that goes across the screen. (And if it's like in Brawl it's going to turn her into Zero Suit Samus when she uses it)
1. Was sarcasm -- Nintendo doesn't seem to really think online is a selling point for games, much like they resisted HD and are still resisting achievements/trophies. They don't care what the industry wants, they do what they want, so a lot of their stuff is lacking (account system, online ID, etc.)

2. If they're not identical ports, like the MH4 or MH3G or whatever, odds are low, I bet.

3. Never played Brawl... I think I played all of one battle in Brawl before remembering I hate the series and not playing it ever again. ;)

I watched the HD Wind Waker trailer, is it just me or does it not look that much better? It was beautiful to begin with. I guess I was expecting it to be more somehow but not really.

1. Was sarcasm -- Nintendo doesn't seem to really think online is a selling point for games, much like they resisted HD and are still resisting achievements/trophies. They don't care what the industry wants, they do what they want, so a lot of their stuff is lacking (account system, online ID, etc.)

2. If they're not identical ports, like the MH4 or MH3G or whatever, odds are low, I bet.

3. Never played Brawl... I think I played all of one battle in Brawl before remembering I hate the series and not playing it ever again. ;)
I thought that part of that might be sarcasm but I figured I would answer it anyways. I do agree with you that even if they have online they really don't focus that much on it (outside of Mario Kart lately), and about the cross play thing, so I'm kind of curious what the feature they were talking about that is there if you get both versions.

I've played a lot of all three Smash games so I'm a big fan of them, but that's fair enough if you never saw Samus' special since you don't like the games lol

1. Nintendo has online?

Seriously. Nintendoland, NSMBU and the new Mario 3D land would be great for online MP. Pikmin and DK might be too and that would be a huge selling point as an alternative to the glut of online shooters on other consoles. Yet they don't do it.

They really need to do away with friend codes, allow friend requests (so you know when someone's added you without them telling you in a forum etc.)  Such a pain.

Games I plan on getting over the next 6 months (important to remember at least 90% of stuff shown won't be out til at least next year): Tales of Xilia, Mario & Luigi:Dream Team, Wonderful 101, Super Mario 3D World, South Park Stick of Truth and maybe Rayman. If I keep my PS4 pre-order I'll probably add Knack and get Watchdogs for it since that'll be a superior version to current gen. I'm happy.

They really need to do away with friend codes, allow friend requests (so you know when someone's added you without them telling you in a forum etc.) Such a pain.
You get a username on Wii U so they got rid of friend codes on that, it would be nice if they updated it to the 3DS as well though

They really need to do away with friend codes, allow friend requests (so you know when someone's added you without them telling you in a forum etc.) Such a pain.
You get a username on Wii U so they got rid of friend codes on that, it would be nice if they updated it to the 3DS as well though

Good to know, maybe that will come in a future 3DS system update.

Are there friend invites on Wii U? Or still just the case that two people have to add each other with no notification that you've been added?

Indeed, there are friend requests now, and you can get a notification so you just have to accept it and they'll be on your list. Strangely enough there is a second area where you can send invites that they have to send you one back so it has both ways, but all the people I've added have just done it the accept way since it's so much easier.

Awesome.  Really hope they add that to the 3DS.  Pain to enter friend codes from game threads as you always get people who post their code but never get around to adding others in the thread etc.

That red X totally just reminds me of Xenogears.

Glad to see Monolith going back to making games with fuckin robots in them.

Bayonetta looks rad as well.

So nothing on that Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem game? Is that going to be a TGS special?

It's crazy to think that I'll end up buying a WiiU before the Xbox.

1. Nintendo has online?

4. Mega Man is awesome, but it's not a change that will make me buy a copy, most likely. Unless the online is good and there are regular GGT nights or something for 3DS, then I might get one in a deal.
2. Not supposed to have cross-play, but supposedly having both unlocks stuff in them.

3. Final Smashes! Everyone has one!

Now that I saw it mentioned I can add in that I would totally play some Smash on either 3DS or Wii U with anybody here whenever it comes out, I know it's not for a while but figured I would throw that out there.

Sounds good, that's a game that's fun to be able to play with a group of people

I was looking around GameFAQs and apparently there was something going around about 6 characters being announced during E3 and 3 of them were Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Villager so it might be accurate. If that's true the other 3 they have listed are Pac-Man, Little Mac, and your Mii. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back