GGT 314 Welcomes Chewie Back to the Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...

I must admit, KI is the only game I'm really curious about on Xbone... but then I remember it's made by Double Helix and after the dumpster fire that was Strider, I'm not sure if Double Helix could actually make a competent/fun fighter... I know you seem to like it, but our opinions on Strider are very different.

What about KI makes you think it's so great and do you like it better than other fighters you held in high regard?
I think that KI strikes a really nice balance between easily accessible and deep. It also has a nice mechanics set: combo breakers, auto doubles, counter-breakers, instinct cancels, shadow counters and every characters unique combo mechanic are easy to perform and make the game rich and mind-game heavy, where manuals and some of the more advanced combos encourage practice and allow for deeper play.

The characters are interesting and play very differently from one another, the game runs silky smooth online (definitely the best I've ever played) and I really enjoy the graphics and overall presentation.

The game seems pretty balanced as well, and I've seen numerous ways to play different characters that seem effective. It has characters that are easier to pick up (Jago, Sabrewulf) and ones that require much more practice to learn (Spinal, Glacius) and covers the fighting game archetypes nicely (zoner, rushdown, grappler etc...).

When you lose it feels like it was your fault, when you win you outplayed the other guy. It's all about the reads and mind-games, with just enough execution required to make it deep.

I really, really like it. In terms of where it ranks among some of my favorites, it is hard to say. In terms of recent games, I definitely prefer it to SF4, Injustice, MK8 and any of the recent anime fighters. The only recent fighter I really loved was UMvC3, and I find KI comparable in terms of how much I enjoy it. Looking forward to Season 2 already (hoping for Cinder!).

Got some skinny ass legs on dat dog doe, it looks like hes pleasuring himself lol.

Can someone teach me how to do combos in KI please? okai, thnx
Sure, add me. GT is 'Splatterhouse 2'

I like KI because it's fun and you can play very creatively.
Word

hmm i should try dat out next. I use ogre+ 40 mm cannon+ shields
Atlas + chaingun w/ accelerator + electric smoke + slaved warheads

dem compressed textures and dat 30 fps doe, ewwwww

Im about to Gen 3 now, what about u brah?
I've heard that the 360 is really good. Also I got to Gen 4 earlier today. Still got dat 3.0+ K/D versus pilots, too :razz:

Capt America was awesom
It was great. One of the better comic movies ever, IMO.

Yeah, I've been playing it almost daily since I got my Xbone. I was worried I might regret my purchase when I bought it. After playing a ton of KI, some DR3 and a bit of Forza 5, I can safely say that this was a damned good choice. The console itself is slow and sucks, but I'll be damned if the games don't kick ass.

... Wut, why would... wut?
We should play sometime! I'm sure we could teach each other some tricks of the trade. Who do you use, mostly? I've played my fair share of everyone since I have all the non-Fulgore achievements, but I definitely like Sadira the best so far.

Yo, Jimbo, if you see this do you know of any good _______ to xbone controller converters? I need a damned stick for KI, I feel like I'm neutered without one. I have sticks for 360, PS3, PS2, PSOne, Wii (lol), etc. So I don't care what controller you have to plug into the converter.
I've heard good things about the Cronus Max, but it's a little expensive for me ($60) to buy without seeing any extensive lag tests. I've just heard good things on other forums, but who knows. If someone like Markman or someone would put it through the ringer and give it a thumbs up, I'd be more inclined to pick one up. I heard they break pretty often, too. I'm waiting for Qanba to release a PS4 / XB1 stick, because I'm tired of having to borrow sticks at Evo and other tournaments. I don't care if it's $250 (which is my guess), I'll pick one up day one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are individual replacement keys for my laptop so expensive, I may just plug in a real keyboard and end up going that route, effectively making my laptop less laptopy :(

Why are individual replacement keys for my laptop so expensive, I may just plug in a real keyboard and end up going that route, effectively making my laptop less laptopy :(
Keys? Can you drive your laptop!!!!????!!! :whistle2:o

or live in it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MUST KNOW :whistle2:o

What do you do to your laptop? Playing some hardcore MMO or just throwing it at the wall?
I've had it for quite a while so it's mainly just from using it, I actually primarily use the down arrow to scroll so it's probably one of the most used buttons on my PC, since I actually rarely use a mouse unless I'm gaming (just use the trackpad), so it's just wear and tear really. It looks like I might just be able to buy a full replacement board for a few bucks more then the 3 keys I need so I might just do that.

I've had it for quite a while so it's mainly just from using it, I actually primarily use the down arrow to scroll so it's probably one of the most used buttons on my PC, since I actually rarely use a mouse unless I'm gaming (just use the trackpad), so it's just wear and tear really. It looks like I might just be able to buy a full replacement board for a few bucks more then the 3 keys I need so I might just do that.
How often does it need to be a laptop? You could get a fancy roll up keyboard so it still retains its portablness (is that a word) or a regular keyboard? or pop off the up button and use it as the down?

thats like 10 amazing ideas right there :D/

How often does it need to be a laptop? You could get a fancy roll up keyboard so it still retains its portablness (is that a word) or a regular keyboard? or pop off the up button and use it as the down?

thats like 10 amazing ideas right there :D/
I was thinking about moving some of the buttons around, getting rid of the lesser used ones haha.

I might try to go for a portable keyboard and use my mouse actually, I've just gotten so used to the setup I've been using (my last 2 pcs have been laptops)

Lastly, I did find a replacement full keyboard for like $12, but it has no backlights (mine does), but I don't really need that and rarely use it so I may just go that route, since replacing a keyboard for $12 after like 2-3 years isn't really that bad.

I was thinking about moving some of the buttons around, getting rid of the lesser used ones haha.

I might try to go for a portable keyboard and use my mouse actually, I've just gotten so used to the setup I've been using (my last 2 pcs have been laptops)

Lastly, I did find a replacement full keyboard for like $12, but it has no backlights (mine does), but I don't really need that and rarely use it so I may just go that route, since replacing a keyboard for $12 after like 2-3 years isn't really that bad.
I like backlit keys, i mainly use my desktop but my laptop has backlit keys, its nice when its really dark but it does drain batteries. I also like the feel of a full keyborad with some laptops you get a more compact version sometimes missing the 10-key.

I'm having a lot of personal issues and I don't really know who to talk to about it, so I thought I'd post about it in the GGT. Seriously personal stuff in spoilers.
So everything with my dad is finished, but I find every day that I'm angrier and angrier that I haven't made him hurt enough. My mom did everything for him in the 9 years and change that they were married and he treated her like shit. He yelled at her, told her she was worthless, and just made her give up on her dreams. He ran her down until she was sick as a dog and because he misused money so much she couldn't ever miss much work so she got even more sick. He would never buy her anything for her birthday, Christmas, or Valentines Day, but he always demanded she buy him something and she always did all she could to buy him what he wanted. Well, she was shattered just before Vday because he told her he had been seeing a lot of hookers in Korea (prostitution is legal there)... But he said they were just company. When he got back into the states for her funeral though, he revealed he'd actually been fucking them since November. That was enough to piss me off pretty bad, but I found out a couple of days ago that he'd actually been cheating on my mom with his high school sweetheart for the last. 7 years or so. My mom had no fucking idea. Worst part, turns out that about 3 years ago he got the chick pregnant and has been hiding his illegitimate daughter from us and the army ever since. Not only that, but he's even "kind of seeing" this chick now. I'm so ungodly angry at him that I don't even know what to say. I can't even bare to think of him without being so overcome with fury that I want to destroy everything he holds dear. Between all of this and his equating the custody of my brothers with money, I can't even believe how shitty he is. And the worst part is that I'll never, ever get any sort of closure because I'm not legally allowed to ever talk to him again.

We should play sometime! I'm sure we could teach each other some tricks of the trade. Who do you use, mostly? I've played my fair share of everyone since I have all the non-Fulgore achievements, but I definitely like Sadira the best so far.

I've heard good things about the Cronus Max, but it's a little expensive for me ($60) to buy without seeing any extensive lag tests. I've just heard good things on other forums, but who knows. If someone like Markman or someone would put it through the ringer and give it a thumbs up, I'd be more inclined to pick one up. I heard they break pretty often, too. I'm waiting for Qanba to release a PS4 / XB1 stick, because I'm tired of having to borrow sticks at Evo and other tournaments. I don't care if it's $250 (which is my guess), I'll pick one up day one.
I haven't been playing long, so I only really know Jago. Good frame trap with his f+hk, his st.mp seems like a great punisher, his wind kicks are safe, his fireballs build a ton of meter, he can cancel into supers off throws, etc. What's not to like about the guy? Thunder is pretty easy to play, too. His unbreakable damage is insane in comparison to the rest of the cast. Sadira is definitely the most fun to play as. I just get annoyed with the controller because sometimes my DPs don't come out (big surprise) and my QCB motions mess up on the left side (wtf?). Feels like I've had some good tools ripped from me just because of my controller. =( It's like having a phillips head screwdriver taken from you and told you have to turn the screw with pliers. Pretty sure I already have you added, btw.

Going with Qanba this time seems like the better idea. They weren't exactly popular until near the end of the PS3 and 360's lifetime. I would love to plop down a solid $150 for one. Hell, I may even consider $200 if it works with my PS3, 360, Xbone, and PS4.

Just a heads up, looks like most (all?) of the animated Marvel movies are leaving Netflix tomorrow, so if you guys wanna see any of them I guess try to watch them tonight, kind of a bummer since I've seen most of them but was planning on rewatching them on there, but now won't be able to :/

Finally got around to The Wolf Among Us over the weekend.  Played through the first two episodes and liked them a lot.  Hope to knock out the third one tonight.

I also did the 4th Papertrail mission in Second Son.  Those are kind of lame, but I'm guessing they'll give us the paper power when it's done which could be cool to mess around with--especially if there's any expansion DLC planned.

I got back to Tearaway a bit last evening as well, I'm liking that more now that I'm further in it.  Definitely a charming game with some cool uses of the Vita hardware.

So i finished resident evil 6 yesterday :whee: one down a bunch still to go  What backlog game to tackle next its between Dead island or alan wake. I dont know if i want to play a "zombie" game back to back? thoughts?

Playing through FFXHD. Having kind of a hard time remembering what I liked so much about this game. I feel like I've been cutscene stunlocked for days.

Alan wake it is

My copy of ffxhd came today probably wont play it for a couple months, need to go through the backlog. Never played it though so looking forward to the experience. It's also my first ps3 game even though I have owned a ps3 for a year and a half

My copy of Gran Turismo 6 is finally shipping, so that's cool. I got asked (or rather forced) to be in another art show in a week and my Ableton trial ends tomorrow, so looks like I'm going to be making more "funky sounds" this week or whatever. My mom is also coming to visit this week, so yeah

Can u describe these "funky sounds" to me pls?

Also just got dat Trials Fusion on ps4, gonna play dat soon, hnnggg.

Alan Wake was a great surprise. Easily one of my favorite games from last gen. Still have to play through American Nightmare, though....

No one wants to see that shit
RUDE

Who was down for ME3 multi again? I think I remember Indig and Mo. Stellar? Not sure I have you added. Grabbing some Gold at some point today.
I was one of them yeah, good to see Action back on gold!

So i finished resident evil 6 yesterday :whee: one down a bunch still to go What backlog game to tackle next its between Dead island or alan wake. I dont know if i want to play a "zombie" game back to back? thoughts?
Even though you already decided, just wanted to add that Alan Wake is definitely the better game out of those 2, but I still enjoyed Dead Island as well, kinda feels like a not very polished melee based Borderlands haha.

Playing through FFXHD. Having kind of a hard time remembering what I liked so much about this game. I feel like I've been cutscene stunlocked for days.
Huh, I'm up to the part where you can freely play Blitzball and I am enjoying this game thoroughly, still has one of the best combat systems (Thanks Lost Odyssey for basically using a variant of it :D), and I really wish we would get more games like this still. There are a lot of cutscenes but I do remember this game always had a pretty slow start and it takes quite a while to pick up, but when it does I really like how it lays it all out.

Anyways, yall should add me for that card game action. Indignate#1369 I think or something.

Waaat, you can add Warcraft 3 keys to this? Makes me wish I still had mine but like only a little and not a lot.

Even though you already decided, just wanted to add that Alan Wake is definitely the better game out of those 2, but I still enjoyed Dead Island as well, kinda feels like a not very polished melee based Borderlands haha.
I will probably play dead island next, trying to beat games that were bought first, I bought alan wake like 2 years ago. I really want to play bayonetta though :whistle2:k

spent the weekend back in PA. saw my play and shattered my iphone screen. Trying to find a used smartphone online for a reasonable price is rough and verizon says i cant upgrade till 2015 even though i havent upgraded in 3+ years. oh and i got a story published i will get you guys dat link

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back