GGT #35 vs the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BlueScrote']My PSN downloads always seem slower than XBL dls. I've always attributed it to the size of my PSN downloads compared to the XBL ones though.[/QUOTE]

PSN can be slow as fuck. I've seen it personally, so I'm not disputing it.

However, since I finally decide to NOT be lazy and configured my router so that the PS3 is using static IP and ports are open, speeds have been consistently better. Hell the 1gb or so for DeathSpank took less than 15 minutes.

What drives me insane is shit like this:
A: "PSN is fucking slow; it takes 7 days to download 500mb, my 360 is much faster."
B: "Hmmm, did you do any network configuration? Open ports, set IPs, that sort of thing?"
A: "Yeah, my 360 is cabled in and set to be DMZ, whatever that is."
B: "And your PS3?"
A: "Uh, that's automatic... and using wireless."

:wall:

It's the same thing as using torrents -- if your ports aren't forwarded correctly, etc. your speed is going to fucking blow.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Holy shit! Pro-MS, Anti-Sony? Only one answer here... LinkinPrime hacked Manthing's account?![/QUOTE]

Yes, it's true.

I am anxiously awaiting a new LinkinPark album, worship Bay-Formers, and buy more toys for myself while neglecting my child.

:bouncy:

:rofl: That's gold.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']It's the same thing as using torrents -- if your ports aren't forwarded correctly, etc. your speed is going to fucking blow.[/QUOTE]
Amen.

f3f9d250fca0822468726010.L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Out of curiosity, where has LinkinPrime said he neglects his kid? It wouldn't surprise me -- I just haven't seen him say that before.

Its inferred

"Dad can I play soccer?"
"YOU ALREADY PLAY BASEBALL. ALL THE SAME KIDS PLAY BASEBALL AND YOU USE A BALL ON BOTH TEAMS. I'M SHUTTING BASEBALL DOWN."
"....b-b-but Dad...you can't do that..."
"I'M SHUTTING DOWN ALL THE SPORTS THEN! HAH!"

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Game Room quick looks get more depressing each week.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect? All the Classic Arcade games are licensed games, mainly beat-em ups and fighters. They aren't showing up because of licensing issues with publishers.

Has ANYONE gone back to Arkham Asylum and tried to unlock Quincy Sharp's secret office? Because I'll be damned if it's in the original PS3 version of the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it finally. You have to be really precise about it though.

[quote name='Chacrana']Played hella Tekken. Now listening to hella house music.

HOUSE MUSIC.[/QUOTE]

The Bloody Beatroots, Fukkk Off, Designer Drugs, Boys Noize, The Aspirins for My Children, We Are Terrorists and others are some suggestions I recommend...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The Bloody Beatroots, Fukkk Off, Designer Drugs, Boys Noize, The Aspirins for My Children, We Are Terrorists and others are some suggestions I recommend...[/QUOTE]

I'll look into those.

[quote name='KingBroly']What do you expect? All the Classic Arcade games are licensed games, mainly beat-em ups and fighters. They aren't showing up because of licensing issues with publishers.

Has ANYONE gone back to Arkham Asylum and tried to unlock Quincy Sharp's secret office? Because I'll be damned if it's in the original PS3 version of the game.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it finally. You have to be really precise about it though.[/QUOTE]
I'm talking about the Giant Bomb quick looks where Jeff and whoever else is on talk more about how awful the service is each week than the games. It's clear that they're fed up with the way the service has turned out as MS slowly waits for the well to dry up so they can shut it down.

I understand their resentment towards Microsoft over it. It's how a lot of people feel towards Nintendo of America and Europe about Virtual Console releases as of the last 2 years. There's SO MUCH good backlog that they simply aren't releasing while they're releasing plenty in Japan.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Finally beat SP. Played as Kim afterwards, and boy is her range terrible.[/QUOTE]

Beat it with Scott and Kim already, two more to go!

LP has a kid?

Played the Mafia II demo. It's kind of fun, but yeah the graphics are pretty sad. I'd play it like I would play the Saint's Row games--wishing it didn't look like shit. :p

[quote name='KingBroly']I understand their resentment towards Microsoft over it. It's how a lot of people feel towards Nintendo of America and Europe about Virtual Console releases as of the last 2 years. There's SO MUCH good backlog that they simply aren't releasing while they're releasing plenty in Japan.[/QUOTE]
Except that Game Room only has the support of a limited amount of companies and games, so it'll dry up if they're not pushing for more companies. At least Nintendo has a lot more potential publishers and games, but doesn't have anybody that wants to put their games out.

[quote name='distgfx']Beat it with Scott and Kim already, two more to go![/QUOTE]Kim's Knives assist is already better than Scott's (and not just because of the lez-out). How are the other 2 characters?

[quote name='gunm']LP has a kid?[/QUOTE]

He's a manchild at heart.

[quote name='ihadFG']The Monday Night Combat demo was a lot of fun. I'll probably buy it.

Did anyone else try it out?[/QUOTE]

I tried it out, found it kind of fun, but I don't know if it would hold my attention for $15.

I like the idea though--I'm surprised there aren't more DOTA type games with that perspective

[quote name='ihadFG']The Monday Night Combat demo was a lot of fun. I'll probably buy it.

Did anyone else try it out?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BlueScrote']I tried it out, found it kind of fun, but I don't know if it would hold my attention for $15.

I like the idea though--I'm surprised there aren't more DOTA type games with that perspective[/QUOTE]

I watched the developer interview where the art director and game designer were talking about the game -- it looked like it was a solid game, but it's totally not my thing. I was never really interested in TF2 and by proxy, I have no real interest in MNC.

Again, I will say that it looks pretty solid if you're into that sort of game.

Both my PS3 and 360 wireless speeds are great for me.
But the 360 N connector keeps randomly dropping me out of Live. I switched channels and it was good for a while, now it's happening again.

[quote name='dallow']Both my PS3 and 360 wireless speeds are great for me.
But the 360 N connector keeps randomly dropping me out of Live. I switched channels and it was good for a while, now it's happening again.[/QUOTE]

When my PS3 as wireless (60gb model), when it started up, it would knock out the entire network. Strangest shit. I could never figure out why it did that -- and I've never seen anything else do it to this day.

Slowly making progress toward platinum in FF13. Almost done with Titan challenges and have a large majority of the missions done -- I think I have 90% of the accessories and most of the ones I'm missing I have the correct accessory sitting at * level waiting for the upgrade stones to deal with changing them to what I need. I have enough CP that all characters almost have lv 5 in their primary roles and are sitting at full 4 in their others... I have at least 3 weapons ready to transform to ultimate weapons, pending the acquisition of traphewhatever.

Getting there.

I think the problem with Game Room is no one else wants to jump on board because of low sales. Some of those releases are selling in the sub-100 units range.

Of course, when you're putting out 30 year old sports games that weren't really that good back then, what do you expect?

I think they need to get away from the 70's/early 80s catalog and hit the 80s/90s catalog harder because I think a lot more people would recognize titles from that era. Seeing all these random intellivision games is nice but nobody wants to play them anymore.

I really really like MNC. If you guys are picking it up we should get some games going. I love the TF2-ness of it. The assassins seem a little bit too powerful right now, as it's really easy for them to get in behind you and get one hit kills. The maps are smaller than TF2 and have less choke points, so it's not like the spy where you have a more limited cloak range. They also move way faster than TF2 spies.

I picked up a pair of Turtle Beach PX21's instead of Trittons and so far so good. They were only $70, and the only complaint I have is that when there is no sound there's this hissing noise in the background :bomb:

I am like an hour away from platinuming Lego Harry Potter. The game really should have invested in some sort of a map system, I spent waaaayyyyy too much time trying to find the correct rooms for the item I was missing. I think I may finally start Star Wars TFU after that. How is the game by the way? Yay or Nay?

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']I picked up a pair of Turtle Beach PX21's instead of Trittons and so far so good. They were only $70, and the only complaint I have is that when there is no sound there's this hissing noise in the background :bomb:

I am like an hour away from platinuming Lego Harry Potter. The game really should have invested in some sort of a map system, I spent waaaayyyyy too much time trying to find the correct rooms for the item I was missing. I think I may finally start Star Wars TFU after that. How is the game by the way? Yay or Nay?[/QUOTE]

I liked TFU, mostly, when it wasn't fucking glitching out on me and deciding not to give me the achievements for holocrons.

I thought the combat was good once you got the hang of it. I played through it at least twice, and got 1000/1000 on 360.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I liked TFU, mostly, when it wasn't fucking glitching out on me and deciding not to give me the achievements for holocrons.

I thought the combat was good once you got the hang of it. I played through it at least twice, and got 1000/1000 on 360.[/QUOTE]

Good deal then. How does the story fair? Interesting or simply mediocre? The graphics actually look pretty good as far as I can tell, but as we all know, graphics don't make a game

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Good deal then. How does the story fair? Interesting or simply mediocre? The graphics actually look pretty good as far as I can tell, but as we all know, graphics don't make a game

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The story in TFU is straight up fan fiction quality, just like the 3 prequels, though I honestly think fans could write a better story.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I started Dragon Age: Origins again (I haven't really made it that far any of the times I've played it). I first played it on PS3 but felt the controls were a bit annoying and the camera was a bit too close, then I got the PC version on sale and started a new game in that, but I felt like I wanted to control everything too much and also it had some performance issues. So now I'm playing it on the PS3 again and I think I'm going to see if I can stick with it, because I really do enjoy the characters.

I think another problem I had with the PC version, and PC games in general is that simple things (like graphic tearing, slowdown, etc.) bother me because I feel like they could be fixed if I tweak the settings a bunch, so I spend a bunch of time trying that when sometimes certain things just aren't fixable (for instance in Dragon Age's case which does seem to have some graphical glitches); but even if I see those same things in a console version (like already in Dragon Age I've seen some crazy graphics glitches on the PS3) it doesn't bother me as much because I can't change the settings so I just kind of shrug it off and go whatever and enjoy the game.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The story in TFU is straight up fan fiction quality, just like the 3 prequels, though I honestly think some fans could write a better story.[/QUOTE]
Fixed. Trust me, if you think that stuff was bad fan fiction just imagine some sort of horrible Naruto, DBZ, Pokemon, Star Wars mash-up. For instance something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kissfuldreamer'] How is the game by the way? Yay or Nay?[/QUOTE]

Ripping a star destroyer out of the sky was AWESOME!

[quote name='distgfx']Ripping a star destroyer out of the sky was AWESOME![/QUOTE]
I honestly don't get how sooooo many people had problems with that section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back