GGT 41 Gave Chac A Ticket For Playing Outrun IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr. Beef']He stopped feeding his huskies once he discovered HOME.[/QUOTE]

You think that's bad. He's going to stop eating once he gets his Kinect and it works with Sonic 4.

[quote name='distgfx']Single Player DLC... with an original story.... that takes 6 hours? for $10? THIS is how you do DLC![/QUOTE]

And it has a better ending than Bioshock 1 or 2.

I wish the Trooper Creation in Song Summoner A) Had more unique characters and B) felt more necessary. Ever since getting enough Superstars, I just use them in every map. No one knows what I'm talking about.

[quote name='Cheska19']Whoknows, you have huskies too?[/QUOTE]
Yes
[quote name='Mr. Beef']He stopped feeding his huskies once he discovered HOME.[/QUOTE]
Yes
[quote name='corrosivefrost']You think that's bad. He's going to stop eating once he gets his Kinect and it works with Sonic 4.[/QUOTE]
Yes
[quote name='gunm']I can just see whoknows running really fast in place while his poor huskies starve.[/QUOTE]
Yes

Yeah, I agree based on the technology and what I've seen of both, but who can really say until the numbers start rollin' in. All I know is I'm holding off on Kinect until they have something other than Dance Central and the price comes down sub $100.

I'm not even basing it on technology, I'm just basing it on which one looks less fucking retarded.

I mean, if a Stupid Ass Family comes into Wal-mart to buy a new fuckaroo, they're gonna have two options:

Move, which is clearly a Wii Waggle Wand Dildo Ball with Wii Sports Dildo Edition (something they known and understand)

or

Kinect, which is fucking nonsense and comes with a Tamogatchi.

I am much more interested in the Kinect and think that it will do better than the Move sales wise.

To me, the Move is way too much of a "me too, me too!!" thing. At least Kinect is trying something a little different. I won't be picking up Kinect (not enough worthwhile software) but could see myself buying one down the line if good stuff comes out for it.

Move just seems like it could have more actual merit.

Would I like to play Dead Space Extraction with the Move? Or even use it with MGS Rising? Yeah, that could be fun.

I can't think of a single way Kinect could be enjoyable besides Skittles and shovelfuck.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Move just seems like it could have more actual merit.

Would I like to play Dead Space Extraction with the Move? Or even use it with MGS Rising? Yeah, that could be fun.

I can't think of a single way Kinect could be enjoyable besides Skittles and shovelfuck.[/QUOTE]

I think that Children of Eden could be good, and I enjoy the hell out of Wii Sports so I am sure that there will be a good mini-game / "sports" style game. Not nearly enough has been shown to write it off yet. What about something like Godhand but on Kinect? That could be pretty awesome.

The Move has potential, too. I am anxiously awaiting the day I can play a decent FPS or TPS with innovative motion controls.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']The Move has potential, too. I am anxiously awaiting the day I can play a decent FPS or TPS with innovative motion controls.[/QUOTE]

What would you consider innovative?

That is a hard question to answer, because innovation tends to be original so it hasn't necessarily been thought of yet.

I would like to expand upon the idea of aiming with the WiiMote and then using buttons for pretty much everything else. Metroid Prime 3 is probably the best motion controlled shooter so far but I'm curious to see what comes next.

Metroid Prime 3 basically works around the limitations of the sensor bar. Unlike Conduit it doesn't go crazy with the feature set that could make your arm overly tired. They made it so you can have your arms at a relaxed position for about 99% of the game. If they had something more precise, like a camera, they could probably increase the sensitivity on future titles. It's too bad no one else has built on that foundation because it's really awesome.

Also, 25 years ago today, the original Super Mario Bros. was released in Japan. Happy birthday Mario!

Kinect might do very well, but the tech and the software being built around it seems half baked at the moment. The only interesting applications to me right now are the dashboard interaction and Dance Central.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I think that Children of Eden could be good, and I enjoy the hell out of Wii Sports so I am sure that there will be a good mini-game / "sports" style game. Not nearly enough has been shown to write it off yet. What about something like Godhand but on Kinect? That could be pretty awesome.

The Move has potential, too. I am anxiously awaiting the day I can play a decent FPS or TPS with innovative motion controls.[/QUOTE]

I'm really looking forward to the gladiators minigame in the Move package. I hope someone expands on that, because that's what seemed the most interesting to me from what i've seen so far.

Having move integrated into a lot of their core titles will help sony as well (socom, infamous?).

As for dogs, I had a Saint Bernard until relatively recently (she died), and I also have a teacup Yorkie.

REACH TONIGHT! Man, I am fucking STOKED! I got 5 cans of AMP and a big bag of Mozerella sticks.

So is everyone hyped for Reach?

While you lot are all t-bagging each other on whatever the hell the maps are called, I'll be playing Lost Planet 2, the gentleman's online shooter :twoguns:

I'm hyped! I'm going to drink all 5 cans of AMP in one sitting, too! fuck YEAH, REAAAAAACH! I really can't wait to open up the Legendary box and see that awesome statue staring at me.

I'm kind of excited for Reach, I haven't played an FPS game in a while, so it should be fun. I'm not getting mine till tomorrow with Amazon release day delivery though.

I kind of regret getting rid of Bioshock 2 now. I'd like to try the new DLC for it...

Also I completely forgot about LBP 2 coming out in nov... I guess I'll need a new PS3 sooner then I planned.

I'm not super hyped for Reach, but looking forward to playing it tomorrow. Did a good bit of gaming over the last week to finish up a couple things (ME2 and BS2 DLC mainly) so now I can focus on Reach. Maybe still some horde in Gears 2 with CAGs on the side.

[quote name='seanr1221']My gf wants kinect adventures, zumba and the workout game and I want Dance Central so we might get a Kinect.

Who knows though.[/QUOTE]

1st to get Kinect in the ggt loses. "My gf" is no excuse. This is one of those things you have to put your foot down on, like seeing twilight on opening night or scat play.

No Reach for me either at the moment, I have so many other games to keep me occupied.

Oh and coming from someone who actually played all the games on Sports Champions, let me tell you that the archery is by far the funnest and most addicting game.

Dance central is the only thing that looks kinda of interesting for the Kinect

[quote name='Cheska19']Oh and coming from someone who actually played all the games on Sports Champions, let me tell you that the archery is by far the funnest and most addicting game.[/QUOTE]

I watched Jeff play it during the big live show last week. It actually looked kind of fun....

[quote name='distgfx']Single Player DLC... with an original story.... that takes 6 hours? for $10? THIS is how you do DLC![/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Definitely some of the best DLC I've played from a quality, length and price standpoint. Only thing that's comparable is the Fallout 3 DLC--discounting full (and more expensive) expansions like The Shivering Isles etc.

Mass Effect DLC has been good quality wise, but is a bit short for the money. i.e. the latest DLC was $10 and lasted about 3 hours. Though of course more value for those of us playing 2 or more characters.

wtf? A bioshock infinite demo on 9/21? thats pretty soon...

Edit: It is just a gameplay video

Last edited by a moderator:
In all seriousness, I'm sure Reach will be a fine, fun game. But I can't justify getting it when there's so much stuff I still need to catch up on from this year, plus my backlog, plus new games this fall. The only game I'm buying from now till Christmas is Dead Rising 2, excluding downloadable games and super-good deals.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']In all seriousness, I'm sure Reach will be a fine, fun game. But I can't justify getting it when there's so much stuff I still need to catch up on from this year, plus my backlog, plus new games this fall. The only game I'm buying from now till Christmas is Dead Rising 2, excluding downloadable games and super-good deals.[/QUOTE]

You didn't get Kingdom Hearts: BBS?

No Reach for me. Guess I'll be playing games with Jer. I have 2 Great Danes. The male weighs 210lbs and stands about 6'4" on his hind legs. He's dumb as a rock.

[quote name='Cheska19']You didn't get Kingdom Hearts: BBS?[/QUOTE]

Like REALLY want it, but like I said, I've got such a big backlog and limited money, and I'm such a big fan of Dead Rising that I'm gonna just ask for BBS for Xmas.

[quote name='Dandeschain']No Reach for me. Guess I'll be playing games with Jer. I have 2 Great Danes. The male weighs 210lbs and stands about 6'4" on his hind legs. He's dumb as a rock.[/QUOTE]

No, you'll be playing with me, dallow, and JSP. Jer and Sean will be TMK'ing it up in Reach.

I have a white (yellow) lab and a "theorized" beagle/dachshund mix:
iPhonePhotos003.jpg

My mom+stepdad have three fuckin horrible litlte asshole dogs who bark at everything and shit all over the place, I swear to God I just want to let them loose to run away whenever I'm home.

I have a cat, misses him.

Ugh, Reach.

I watched the video review on GT and he complained a lot about the story being repetitive and the game play being the same besides a few new weapons and features...and then they give it a 9.3. WTF. Why the fuck does Halo get a free pass for design flaws? Final Fantasy doesn't, any more at least, so why does Halo? CoD at least tries different things(perks), sure some are broken, but at least they tried.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ugh, Reach.

I watched the video review on GT and he complained a lot about the story being repetitive and the game play being the same besides a few new weapons and features...and then they give it a 9.3. WTF. Why the fuck does Halo get a free pass for design flaws? Final Fantasy doesn't, any more at least, so why does Halo? CoD at least tries different things(perks), sure some are broken, but at least they tried.[/QUOTE]

GT has nice videos, that's about it. Don't take their scoring seriously.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Ugh, Reach.

I watched the video review on GT and he complained a lot about the story being repetitive and the game play being the same besides a few new weapons and features...and then they give it a 9.3. WTF. Why the fuck does Halo get a free pass for design flaws? Final Fantasy doesn't, any more at least, so why does Halo? CoD at least tries different things(perks), sure some are broken, but at least they tried.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I want to ask who the fuck you are, but I like that you have your Backloggery in your sig. I think we should all do that.[/QUOTE]

He has like the same exact interests in games as me o_O I think I may actually do the whole Backloggery thing during my lunch break today. I just have so many unfinished games, I know this is going to take forever.

Backloggery would be better if it looked at the games on your tags and compiled a list for you.
I barely have the patience to add my completed games to my yearly post in the thread on CAG... let alone micromanaging my shit in backloggery. I'd rather be playing my games than making lists of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back