GGT 67 wasn't invited to seanr's TWISTED 10 kegger Kinect New Year's Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much longer do I have in RDR? I just got to Blackwater, I think the end is coming up pretty quickly, but I've been thinking that the last couple of hours.

[quote name='KingBroly']

Oh, and for my Impossible Dead Space run I used a glitch where you playthrough the last two chapters non-stop then start a new game on Impossible. What does that do? Quite simple: You start with whatever suit you ended with. For me, it was the Military Suit.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't know about that glitch. But I have the Scorpion suit from when it was free, which is almost as good anyway. The full inventory slots from the start really help.

[quote name='KingBroly']The DLC suit is kinda bad in the long run since you won't be able to upgrade it and it's weaker than higher level suits.[/QUOTE]

But if you play through on normal the first time it's not a bad option, because it allows you to have max item slots from the go.

[quote name='KingBroly']The DLC suit is kinda bad in the long run since you won't be able to upgrade it and it's weaker than higher level suits.[/QUOTE]
You mean they gave out a free suit that wasn't the only suit you'd ever need? I'm surprised.

[quote name='KingBroly']The only reason I would get a Move is to play Dead Space Extraction. But even then it'd be a really tough sell. I just don't see the appeal of something that requires that much space. With the Wii, you need like 5 inches from your TV and you're fine, even though you'd be stupid to play that close.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't require Kinect-level space for most every game out there besides Sports Champions and maybe EyePet from what I've played so far, as those are the only games I've played where it needs to have you, or the floor in EyePet's case, framed in it's view. Everything else is pretty much on the level of the Wii in terms of requirements for space, which is what I'd expect for Dead Space Extraction.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']How much longer do I have in RDR? I just got to Blackwater, I think the end is coming up pretty quickly, but I've been thinking that the last couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

you are definitely getting close. there are
more story 'arcs' IIRC.

[quote name='BlueScrote']you are definitely getting close. there are
more story 'arcs' IIRC.[/QUOTE]
Okay, thanks a lot! I'm glad I'm finally getting close to the end. I'm dying to see my family.

Edit: Man, the Government guys in Blackwater are all total cocksuckers.

Last edited by a moderator:
goddamn, MvC3 gets lamer with every fucking reveal.

Haggar? Come on man. Normal humans with insane pile driving ability may be able to clean up the streets of Metro City, but take on Magneto/Wesker/Doom? Get your head out of your ass, Capcom. The closest thing they have to regular humans in this game is Chris and the SF4 characters. However, Chris at least has a fuckton of big weapons he can use and the SF4 characters included throw fireballs and kick fire and shit.

Phoenix I'm okay with, I suppose, but "mind-melting", Seth? Come on now. She looks like every other MvC3 character for the most part. Yeah she can resurrect herself and become more powerful, but at 5 bars? How often is that shit going to be used -- especially with her seth tier health. Ok, sure, she can heal, but none of this blows my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I kinda want to get DCUO. But i'll definitely hold off of that for the moment.

[quote name='corrosivefrost'] Get your head out of your ass, Capcom.[/QUOTE]
I know, Why on Earth would they ever listen to what the fans want?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You mean they gave out a free suit that wasn't the only suit you'd ever need? I'm surprised..[/QUOTE]
It Was the suit I ever needed.

Shame I got rid of my copy before that Astronaut suit came out... it looked kinda cool.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']
I know, Why on Earth would they ever listen to what the fans want?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they obviously know what we want better than we do!
Add it to their wonderful programmers who are capable of anything but failed to account for Rad Spencer's magically changing bionic arm.
Capcom, how you amaze me...

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually like Haggar.[/QUOTE]

I have never played the the Final Fight games. But according to the internets he is a pretty cool guy. Which is probably why the fans have been begging for him to be in the game.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I like him because he looks like buff Freddie Mercury.[/QUOTE]

I like Haggar just fine in Final Fight Games. Put him in Street Fighter if you want. Like Guy/Cody/Rolento/Sodom/Poison/Hugo whomever.

But it doesn't make any sense that in the Capcom universe that a beefy 50+ year old ex-wrestling mayor is going to stand a chance against ANYONE in that game, from a story stand point. You can take any character and make them viable and give them moves to fit the system. However, since story was supposed to matter for this one, as in, they were actually giving it a cohesive story and drawing a comic book and shit.

I mean Chris Redfield and Spencer were borderline pushing it, but at least they have a mercs arsenal and a magically changing bionic arm between them. Haggar has NOTHING. He's a regular human who's crusade against evil dealt with vigilante action against a gang. He just doesn't fit. Also, they already have Hulk and She-Hulk who are super strong (like Haggar is supposed to be, I guess) and Shulkie is a grappler, just like Haggar. So what is he bringing new to the table? The lariat, I guess. :whistle2:#

MNL -- Chris doesn't have a boulder punching hyper. And the one thing that might've made Haggar awesome isn't in there either (piledriving a shark).

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I have never played the the Final Fight games. But according to the internets he is a pretty cool guy. Which is probably why the fans have been begging for him to be in the game.[/QUOTE]

Fans have been begging for a lot of characters other than Haggar. Like some version of Megaman, Cyclops, Psylocke, Phoenix Wright, Frank West, Chuck Greene, Emma Frost, Vergil, Rival Schools people, etc.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fans have been begging for a lot of things more than begging for Haggar. Like some version of Megaman, Cyclops, Psylocke, Phoenix Wright, Frank West, Chuck Greene, Emma Frost, Vergil, Rival Schools people, etc.[/QUOTE]
You can't always get what you want.
Cyclops sucks

Also there is no reason to beg for Mega Man...since he'll be in there.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I like Haggar just fine in Final Fight Games. Put him in Street Fighter if you want. Like Guy/Cody/Rolento/Sodom/Poison/Hugo whomever.

But it doesn't make any sense that in the Capcom universe that a beefy 50+ year old ex-wrestling mayor is going to stand a chance against ANYONE in that game, from a story stand point. You can take any character and make them viable and give them moves to fit the system. However, since story was supposed to matter for this one, as in, they were actually giving it a cohesive story and drawing a comic book and shit.

I mean Chris Redfield and Spencer were borderline pushing it, but at least they have a mercs arsenal and a magically changing bionic arm between them. Haggar has NOTHING. He's a regular human who's crusade against evil dealt with vigilante action against a gang. He just doesn't fit. Also, they already have Hulk and She-Hulk who are super strong (like Haggar is supposed to be, I guess) and Shulkie is a grappler, just like Haggar. So what is he bringing new to the table? The lariat, I guess. :whistle2:#

MNL -- Chris doesn't have a boulder punching hyper. And the one thing that might've made Haggar awesome isn't in there either (piledriving a shark).[/QUOTE]
Does story really matter in these games, though? I mean, in the comic world it's a pretty well-received fact that whenever a crossover happens you very, very rarely see the person that would really win beat whoever they're up against. Most comic crossovers are silly just like this, I like that about it.

I agree that he's not bringing anything new to the table, really, but I like him for being a character. I love Final Fight. And Cyclops is awesome, Chibi.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I mean Chris Redfield and Spencer were borderline pushing it, but at least they have a mercs arsenal and a magically changing bionic arm between them. Haggar has NOTHING.[/QUOTE]

Arthur is kind of in that boat too, I mean I guess he has holy ghoul & ghost slaying weapons, but the dude is running around in boxers half the time.

One look at an MvC game and you know that shit is not going to make a lick of sense. Story? Continuity? lol.

[quote name='gunm']One look at an MvC game and you know that shit is not going to make a lick of sense. Story? Continuity? lol.[/QUOTE]

And somehow it will still make about as much sense as any other fighting game series plot.

[quote name='icebeast']And somehow it will still make about as much sense as any other fighting game series plot.[/QUOTE]
TRUTH! I don't understand anything about SSIV.

[quote name='icebeast']Arthur is kind of in that boat too, I mean I guess he has holy ghoul & ghost slaying weapons, but the dude is running around in boxers half the time.[/QUOTE]

Dude's got magic fucking armor. He's not a normal human, exactly.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']TRUTH! I don't understand anything about SSIV.[/QUOTE]

I think this shows how little sense the SF story makes (almost seems like a fanfic), taken from http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Cammy:

"Cammy's early history is unknown; her first appearance in the Street Fighter chronology was Street Fighter Alpha 3, where she was a soulless Doll sent to assassinate Dhalsim. Dhalsim used his spiritual powers to make her self-aware, and she realized that Shadaloo was controlling her. M. Bison sent Vega to observe her. When Vega confronted her, he revealed to her that she was an "experiment" and was no longer needed. Vega intentionally lost a battle to her, and she wondered why Shadaloo wanted to destroy her, since she had never committed any altercations against them. She later encountered Juli and Juni, two other Shadaloo Dolls, who lacked the benefit of self-awareness. When Cammy confronted Bison, he told her that she was meant to become his next body, after his current physical manifestation was destroyed by his own Psycho Power. Cammy managed to break the twelve Dolls free from Shadaloo's mind control, and they confronted Bison together. He explained to Cammy that she was a clone of himself who possessed a small portion of his Psycho Power, and that if he were to die, she would die as well. Cammy fought against his psychic probing and rescued the Dolls from Bison's control with the Psycho Drive. Cammy got the Dolls out the Shadaloo base and then fell unconscious, no longer a clone, but an independent human. Vega rescued her before the base was destroyed, not wanting to allow a beautiful human to die. He deposited her on the doorstep of the British paramilitary government organization Delta Red."

[quote name='CaptainJoel']TRUTH! I don't understand anything about SSIV.[/QUOTE]

Fighting games don't usually have a story -- they just have characters that enter a tournament for whatever reason so everyone has a beginning and end clip and a rival on the way, I think.

But since the beginning the MvC3 team has been harping about how they're trying to make a real story with this entry and how they actually put together a comic and everything to go with it? I expect more now -- especially with the way they've been teasing the "trailers".

Haggar is fine. One out of 30+ characters doesn't fit. OMG. the internet. :\[quote name='CaptainJoel']I like him because he looks like buff Freddie Mercury.[/QUOTE]Yeah, me too.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Where's my box?[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']goddamn, MvC3 gets lamer with every fucking reveal.

Haggar? Come on man.[/QUOTE]

What do you have against Haggar? He's awesome.

[quote name='icebeast']I think this shows how little sense the SF story makes (almost seems like a fanfic), taken from http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Cammy:

"Cammy's early history is unknown; her first appearance in the Street Fighter chronology was Street Fighter Alpha 3, where she was a soulless Doll sent to assassinate Dhalsim. Dhalsim used his spiritual powers to make her self-aware, and she realized that Shadaloo was controlling her. M. Bison sent Vega to observe her. When Vega confronted her, he revealed to her that she was an "experiment" and was no longer needed. Vega intentionally lost a battle to her, and she wondered why Shadaloo wanted to destroy her, since she had never committed any altercations against them. She later encountered Juli and Juni, two other Shadaloo Dolls, who lacked the benefit of self-awareness. When Cammy confronted Bison, he told her that she was meant to become his next body, after his current physical manifestation was destroyed by his own Psycho Power. Cammy managed to break the twelve Dolls free from Shadaloo's mind control, and they confronted Bison together. He explained to Cammy that she was a clone of himself who possessed a small portion of his Psycho Power, and that if he were to die, she would die as well. Cammy fought against his psychic probing and rescued the Dolls from Bison's control with the Psycho Drive. Cammy got the Dolls out the Shadaloo base and then fell unconscious, no longer a clone, but an independent human. Vega rescued her before the base was destroyed, not wanting to allow a beautiful human to die. He deposited her on the doorstep of the British paramilitary government organization Delta Red."
[/QUOTE]

Don't sully his mind with that rubbish.

[quote name='icebeast']I think this shows how little sense the SF story makes (almost seems like a fanfic), taken from http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Cammy:

"Cammy's early history is unknown; her first appearance in the Street Fighter chronology was Street Fighter Alpha 3, where she was a soulless Doll sent to assassinate Dhalsim. Dhalsim used his spiritual powers to make her self-aware, and she realized that Shadaloo was controlling her. M. Bison sent Vega to observe her. When Vega confronted her, he revealed to her that she was an "experiment" and was no longer needed. Vega intentionally lost a battle to her, and she wondered why Shadaloo wanted to destroy her, since she had never committed any altercations against them. She later encountered Juli and Juni, two other Shadaloo Dolls, who lacked the benefit of self-awareness. When Cammy confronted Bison, he told her that she was meant to become his next body, after his current physical manifestation was destroyed by his own Psycho Power. Cammy managed to break the twelve Dolls free from Shadaloo's mind control, and they confronted Bison together. He explained to Cammy that she was a clone of himself who possessed a small portion of his Psycho Power, and that if he were to die, she would die as well. Cammy fought against his psychic probing and rescued the Dolls from Bison's control with the Psycho Drive. Cammy got the Dolls out the Shadaloo base and then fell unconscious, no longer a clone, but an independent human. Vega rescued her before the base was destroyed, not wanting to allow a beautiful human to die. He deposited her on the doorstep of the British paramilitary government organization Delta Red."[/QUOTE]
What the fuck? That's exactly what I'm talking abotu! I don't understand anything!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Fighting games don't usually have a story -- they just have characters that enter a tournament for whatever reason so everyone has a beginning and end clip and a rival on the way, I think.

But since the beginning the MvC3 team has been harping about how they're trying to make a real story with this entry and how they actually put together a comic and everything to go with it? I expect more now -- especially with the way they've been teasing the "trailers".[/QUOTE]
Maybe, I doubt the story will be anything really great though. Whenever I think of amazing fighting game stories, I personally think of MvC1, I loved the story in it.

As for the comic to go with it? Marvel Nemesis did that too... 0_0 I have it. It was terrible, I don't have super expectations about the MvC3 story.

Any dude who can piledrive other dudes is alright in my book. He's like 'gief's American uncle or something.

[quote name='distgfx']Don't sully his mind with that rubbish.[/QUOTE]

At least I didn't post some of Blazblue's story (especially Continuum Shift which is apparently a time loop of the first game or something), I'm amazed anyone can even understand the plot of that game.

[quote name='icebeast']At least I didn't post some of Blazblue's story (especially Continuum Shift which is apparently a time loop of the first game or something), I'm amazed anyone can even understand the plot of that game.[/QUOTE]

All you have to know for BB:CS is "japanese anime". :rofl:

I just wish mvc3 was compiled of chars that haven't been in previous games. I get giddy when NEW chars are announced.. not Wolverine or Storm. :\

[quote name='corrosivefrost']All you have to know for BB:CS is "japanese anime". :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Anime typically makes more sense then this:

"In BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, he (Hazama) appears as the main antagonist and a playable character, planning to destroy the core unit, Amateratsu, using Noel Vermillion, who becomes the Kusanagi unit, Mu (μ-12). He sacrificed many NOL members in order to temper her. During the ending it is revealed that Hazama and Relius Clover are working for Ragna and Jin's little sister Saya, who is now the Imperator of The NOL. In the post-credits sequence he is shown standing over a Cauldron containing the remains of Nu (v-13) with Relius, commenting that it could be used to make the "Sword of the Imperator" ("Sword of Izanami" in the Japanese dub)."

[quote name='The Crotch']Holy shit.

Complaints about realism in MvC?

Really?[/QUOTE]

Totally. Why don't the opponents explode when hulk punches them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back