GGT 94 Pirated Fallout 3, LBP, Far Cry 2, and Dead Space; But Paid For Castlevania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Roufuss']I can wait for a price drop on Salamander + Parodius Portable, I've got a strong feeling Play-Asia will run a deal of the week on them or just put them on sale as part of a clearance, not sure why, just have a feeling... Raiden 3 is definitely worth the money, even more so if you can find it at Wal-Mart for $20.

Where did you hear it was meh? The only place I saw mention anything negative was the IGN review, and that review was laughably horrible because whoever wrote the review didn't even understand what a hit box was.[/QUOTE]

Various people on forums. Well, maybe I should rephrase this: My definition of "meh" means "not fantastic" when it comes to shmups. As far as I know, Raiden III isn't anywhere near the level of something like Gradius V... perhaps I'm wrong though and you're going to force me to buy another damn shmup? ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']Various people on forums. Well, maybe I should rephrase this: My definition of "meh" means "not fantastic" when it comes to shmups. As far as I know, Raiden III isn't anywhere near the level of something like Gradius V... perhaps I'm wrong though and you're going to force me to buy another damn shmup? ;)[/quote]
Raiden III is a great buy at $20. Had it been a full $50 release, I'd say pass on it though.

If you like the feel of old school shooters, you'd probably enjoy it. Don't expect speedy little ships and complete bullet hell though, it sticks with the raiden formula.

[quote name='Circa2113']Raiden III is a great buy at $20. Had it been a full $50 release, I'd say pass on it though.

If you like the feel of old school shooters, you'd probably enjoy it. Don't expect speedy little ships and complete bullet hell though, it sticks with the raiden formula.[/QUOTE]

See, this is what's making me weary on the game though. If it's a good game at $20, but not at $50, I dunno if I'd really want to bother. Most people seem to be saying the same thing.

got damn your lists aint got enough KAROUS!!!

or Sky Gunner, the greatest anti-shmup ever!!!

regardless, your collections are incomplete without this:

UNSquadron.jpg

gotta get me sum Radilgy... but for gamecube tho when it comes out

[quote name='JEKKI']got damn your lists aint got enough KAROUS!!!

or Sky Gunner, the greatest anti-shmup ever!!!

regardless, your collections are incomplete without this:

UNSquadron.jpg

gotta get me sum Radilgy... but for gamecube tho when it comes out[/quote]

I own karous. Don't play it much though.

I bought a UNsquadron pcb from a member here not long ago.;)

Here is what I have. Theirs more but I cant remember.

Genesis:
Truxton
Twin cobra

Snes:
Axelay
Gradius 3

Saturn:
Radiant silvergun
Batsugun
Dodonpachi
twin corbra 2
Chatting paradious
In the hunt
Sonic wings
Kingdom Grandprix
Sengoku Blade/Ace Episode II
Soukyu-Gurentai
Thunderforce V

tg/pc-engine:
Air zonk
Raiden
R-type
Side arms
Spriggan

xbox:
xynadine

psone:
Raiden project
Philosoma
Gekioh: Shooting King
Gunners heaven
Robotron X
r-type delta
Einhänder
In the Hunt
Mobile Light Force
viewpoint
Thunderforce V

pstwo:
Raiden 3
Gradius 5
R-type
Rez
castle shakami 2

Dreamcast:
Under defeat
Mars matrix

Neo geo:
Ghost pilot

Gamecube:
Ikaruga
Chaos Field

X-Box 360:
Aegis Wing
Geometry wars

gba:
Iridion
Iridion 2
gradius

I'm a little shocked to see some people love shmups but haven't yet modded their PS2... it's simple to do, what are you waiting for ;)

Does anyone know a cheap place to get ESP Galuda or Dodonpachi for PS2? $70 is a bit steep, and neither game is on Ebay at all. I snagged Psyvariar 2 Ultimate final for something like $22 off Ebay, so I check it every so often to catch a good deal that most people don't bother with.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm a little shocked to see some people love shmups but haven't yet modded their PS2... it's simple to do, what are you waiting for ;)
[/quote]

I have a modded PS2, I just dont have $60+ to spend on a single shmup. :D

[quote name='Puffa469']I have a modded PS2, I just dont have $60+ to spend on a single shmup. :D[/QUOTE]

Gotta keep an eye on the Play Asia seasonal sales / clearances they do.. there is usually always a thread on it when the time comes. I haven't spent more than $29.90 on any import shmup I have ;) I always keep an eye out to see what is going "The Best" as well, which is the equivalent of GH here and games go 50% off.

But that applies more to fighters, than to shmups, since most shmups don't go The Best :(

But yea, in general, it's a very very rare occasion when I spend over $30 importing a game.

I'm actually a bit upset Play-Asia decided to do 20% off everything in place of a seasonal sale, because I enjoy getting select $60 games for $30 over $60 games for $50, and they always put 3 or 4 shmups and fighters as part of their seasonal sales. I can't wait for the next one to see what they throw at us cheap :D

I def check PA out whenever I see the sale thread. Ive ordered from them before, and used the $5 off coupon. For me its just that importing shmups is usually secondary to importing 2D fighters and Wrestling games. But I'll keep my eyes open. $30 for a great Japan only shooter is a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Roufuss']Gotta keep an eye on the Play Asia seasonal sales / clearances they do.. there is usually always a thread on it when the time comes. I haven't spent more than $29.90 on any import shmup I have ;) I always keep an eye out to see what is going "The Best" as well, which is the equivalent of GH here and games go 50% off.

But that applies more to fighters, than to shmups, since most shmups don't go The Best :(

But yea, in general, it's a very very rare occasion when I spend over $30 importing a game.

I'm actually a bit upset Play-Asia decided to do 20% off everything in place of a seasonal sale, because I enjoy getting select $60 games for $30 over $60 games for $50, and they always put 3 or 4 shmups and fighters as part of their seasonal sales. I can't wait for the next one to see what they throw at us cheap :D[/quote]

I have a lot of holes in my shmup collection to be sure. I sold my PSP, but I would like to re-buy Gradius Collection and pick up those other shmup collections if/when they go on P-A special, as I plan to get a PSP2, if that ever comes out. Isn't there a summer sale next month?

Just to let you guys know, Taito Legends 2 is VERY VERY VERY limited availability, so if you want it, I would buy it ASAP.

Only 5 or so EB / GS's out of 20, in a 30 mile radius, are expecting to even receive this game in.

I'm about to order it online w/ saver and save myself some hassle.

[quote name='Roufuss']Just to let you guys know, Taito Legends 2 is VERY VERY VERY limited availability, so if you want it, I would buy it ASAP.

Only 5 or so EB / GS's out of 20, in a 30 mile radius, are expecting to even receive this game in.

I'm about to order it online w/ saver and save myself some hassle.[/quote]

I went over to my local GS at lunch today and they still didnt have it. I guess Im just gonna have to wait for my website order to arrive.

I did get into a hilarious convo about the employess putting the used stickers inside the case on the insert. Believe me they hated doing it. It took them 2 weeks to get it done. As expected it was a memo from corporate. lol

This showed up today:

163931170_541733923_0.jpg

This game is god damned ruthless. Seriously one of the more difficult shooters I've ever played. (up there with DOJ and garrega)

[quote name='Chacrana']Yeh, Ibara is fuckin' hard. Partially because there's so much shit onscreen that you can't always see the bullets well.[/quote]

Well, it's the rank that does me in more than anything else.:bomb: I still haven't gotten past stage 3...

I've been playing a ton of armed police batrider lately as well. Easily one of the best shooters ever made--it's a complete shame it never received a console port.

I realized that looking for Psyvariar 2 Ultimate Final was starting to get tougher and I realized that I wouldn't like to try and find it when it's gone from Ebay Ibara-style... so I bought it and now I feel better.

[quote name='Chacrana']I realized that looking for Psyvariar 2 Ultimate Final was starting to get tougher and I realized that I wouldn't like to try and find it when it's gone from Ebay Ibara-style... so I bought it and now I feel better.[/QUOTE]

What sucks is someone just put up three Ibara's on three consecutive days for a bit over $50 and I missed them all :(

They sold really fucking fast, within 10 views.

Ha, every day the guy is adding $2 to the cost too.

[quote name='Chacrana']Ibara for $160 is still available though[/QUOTE]

Yea, I gotta jump on that.

What's funny is that dude had it as a BIN for $55 or something, and then tripled his cost - I went back to buy it after reading this thread a few days ago and saw he tripled his price tag for it.

Mushihime is now Out of Print / Out of Stock on P-A so there is another one gone forever.

Mushihime is so incredibly awesome too... probably my favorite Cave shmup.

I just realized that between Sonic Gems Collection and Psyvariar 2 (both of which I ordered today), I have no other PS2 imports I need to get now. Phew.

Until May 31.

lol this kid was just playing Last Resort on Nick Arcade.

He was insanely geek, stereotypical overweight nerd with super huge and thick glasses and geek mannerisms. He answered all but 1 or 2 of the trivia questions and he got them all right.

[quote name='JEKKI']kotoku says Radilgy / Radio Allergy for GC has been canceled :(

http://kotaku.com/gaming/the-purple-paperweight/radio-allergy-for-gamecube-finally-axed-265353.php

I cannot find any other news saying this,

mostly due to the fact that I havent bothered to look.

anyway, gotta get down w/ DC version now... soon...

which is actually all good coz I dont even keep GC hooked up,

but DC chills on top of the ps2 ready to be played!![/quote]

Gosh I hope not...that has been the biggest tease for quite some time now. I picked up a cheap Gamecube so I can save my scores, but I would love to have the U.S. one. Nothing will ever beat the DC though. :)

[quote name='jimfoley16']lol this kid was just playing Last Resort on Nick Arcade.

He was insanely geek, stereotypical overweight nerd with super huge and thick glasses and geek mannerisms. He answered all but 1 or 2 of the trivia questions and he got them all right.[/QUOTE]

Last Resort is pretty obscure. I'd wager that most of the people who even know about that game are insanely geeky and overweight.

Still, Last Resort on Nick Arcade? That's pretty cool. Never thought I'd hear about that game again.

[quote name='Chacrana']Ibara for $160 is still available though[/QUOTE]

the price dropped to $130. sweet deal!

going to pick up Taito Legends 2 today. I was also considering the PSP version, which probably had an even smaller print run.

sweet! I shoulda waited to buy my copy.

Anyway, I'm gonna register a vote of no confidence for Taito Legends 2. Didn't like it at all. I was ultra disappointed by the shmups on there and the only game I sorta liked was Elevator Action 2... sorta.

For you PS3 guys, R-Type Delta is available on the Playstation network for 600 Yen. According to this guy on the shumps board, he says wirecard.com works for US credit cards.

I never did open my DC Psyvariar 2--still sealed (albeit with a crack in the case). Wonder if I should get Ultimate Final too? There are so many versions of this game, I kinda just stuck with the DC one.

[quote name='gunm']For you PS3 guys, R-Type Delta is available on the Playstation network for 600 Yen. According to this guy on the shumps board, he says wirecard.com works for US credit cards.

I never did open my DC Psyvariar 2--still sealed (albeit with a crack in the case). Wonder if I should get Ultimate Final too? There are so many versions of this game, I kinda just stuck with the DC one.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Final is supposed to be the best version of the game... new modes, a bonus DVD, the best graphics. I should really open it.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I want to buy 1 shooter for my Wii's Virtual Console. Any suggestions on the best bang for my buck?[/quote]

Blazing lazers.

One of the best old school shooters. Period.

I was looking at Blazing Lasers last night in-between SPM sessions. I already have Soldier Blade, though--isn't that part of the series?

The Wii had a shmup coming out? Referring to Radilgy, I assume?

You really wouldn't be missing out on much by missing that one.

[quote name='Chacrana']The Wii had a shmup coming out? Referring to Radilgy, I assume?

You really wouldn't be missing out on much by missing that one.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a different one... let me check my internets.

EDIT: nvm, u were right

Damn Jekki, you always make the sweetest arcade sticks. Do you take requests?

I just got Balzing Lazers and it's a great game. Lots of cool power ups, that's what I like to see in a shump. Maybe that's why I wasn't so fond of Aegis Wing.

I wasn't fond of Aegis Wing because:

1) It looked completely generic
2) The enemy patterns were uninteresting
3) The music was trashy music they'd play in a toy factory full of pedophiles.
4) No power ups

Basically, it just isn't any good. I played I think... the first level. That was it. I completely lost interest then.

it wasn't even impressive though. It was not Voltron. Hell, it wasn't even Gekiganger 3. The one mechanic I did like was the spooning mechanic where you latch on to some other player and then they can't control their ship.

[quote name='Chacrana']it wasn't even impressive though. It was not Voltron. Hell, it wasn't even Gekiganger 3. The one mechanic I did like was the spooning mechanic where you latch on to some other player and then they can't control their ship.[/QUOTE]

When you get 4-Players all 4 can connect (or Spoon) and become a Megazord Aegis Wingy Thing. You can control the direction of your shot, and your super weapons become much more massive. It's a good idea.

In honor of the FF movie, anyone play the Silver Surfer for the old NES? One of my favorite (but most difficult) shooters. Listen to the music of the first level, it's rockin'

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJsfhFTBa4[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Damn Jekki, you always make the sweetest arcade sticks. Do you take requests?[/QUOTE]no! I did not make it~!!

yeay rite my skillz suck in those regards,

all I do is post other ppls work from srk onto this board in various semi-related threads =P

maybe if I get a new place with a balcony-ish area I can have space (and time) to work on something new

Has anyone tried WarTech: Senko no Ronde for 360? I've heard it's kind of a mashup between a shmup and Virtual On. Sounds tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back