GI JOE (2): Retalation

wait a minute..................

GiJoeMovie_DukeLastGasp.jpg

Not this shit again... Hasbro killed OP in TF:TM which had a negative reaction so they put Duke in a coma for GI Joe:TM so not piss off the fans............. so wait now they are going to have duke go into a coma? WTF??!?!!?

From the sounds of it they should just reshoot the whole movie. At first I wasn't even sure if Channing Tatum was in the movie because the trailers were focused on The Rock. Now I see the movie poster for it, and wow. Seems like they were trying to make this movie all about him which is unfortunate.

I really would have preferred if this was a legit sequel to the first movie, which I thought was entertaining. I'm pretty disappointed to hear what they've done to the sequel.

[quote name='whoknows']From the sounds of it they should just reshoot the whole movie. At first I wasn't even sure if Channing Tatum was in the movie because the trailers were focused on The Rock. Now I see the movie poster for it, and wow. Seems like they were trying to make this movie all about him which is unfortunate.

I really would have preferred if this was a legit sequel to the first movie, which I thought was entertaining. I'm pretty disappointed to hear what they've done to the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed that the Baroness was not returning.. Too bad about Scarlett.

I don't know why they wanted to do a reboot so badly. I know it technically isn't one, but it feels like one.

Everything I've read about it in that article has made me not want to see the movie at all, when before I was sort of interested.

[quote name='whoknows']I don't know why they wanted to do a reboot so badly. I know it technically isn't one, but it feels like one.

Everything I've read about it in that article has made me not want to see the movie at all, when before I was sort of interested.[/QUOTE]

They "rebooted" cause bringing back the whole cast at their salaries for a sequel was too much for them.

[quote name='DestroVega']They "rebooted" cause bringing back the whole cast at their salaries for a sequel was too much for them.[/QUOTE]

wait what? Why reboot it? From the trailers it is clear that Zartann is still pretending to be the president so it continues on from the first movie. Honestly it should have been called "The Revenge of Cobra" because it looks like Cobra got it's revenge by wiping out the joes. I dunno why they brought Bruce Willis into this movie...he sticks out like a sore thumb when you add the Rock and the other people in it.

In other news I found the toys at walmart lol. Should have bought them and marked them up on ebay.

Here's my impression of Jon Chu and the writers/producers pitching the idea for this sequel. ..

"Okay Paramount execs, I know I've only made shitty films about dancing and teenage popstars, but here's my idea we take a plotpoint from the decently successful first film and roll it over loosely into the sequel. Then we basically piss all over the first film, replace the almost cast with different actors and/or characters, some missing characters we won't even discuss and whomever we don't replace for the 1st film
we will make sure to kill off in the first half-hour
, then we will make generic action hero actor X (insert the Rock later) the star of the film ensuring that we have a lead actor with limited range at best, oh and we'll also replace the main villain with a different actor of lesser caliber to balance it out. And then we'll put Bruce Willis in there somewhere as... hmm I dunno how bout as the guy that created the Joes or some crap, even though appraently none of them have met him ever and most people think that was Dennis Quaid's job from the first film..."

Paramount: "Cool here's millions of dollars but let's run it to some test audiences to just to make sure..."

Test audiences: "Your movie is bad and you should feel bad!"

Damn I was just thinking about this movie the other day. I thought it just came out and bombed and couldn't find anything on a bluray release. I really liked the first. I thought I was going to hate it because the previews kept showing them in those stupid suits. Didn't bother even watching it until it came to Netflix. This one looks and sounds horrid so far and I really doubt I'll see it in theaters but if it gets average reviews I'll buy it on bluray.

As annoying as his debut was in the cartoon, he was awesome in every other appearence. I wanna see him kick some ass.

EDIT: Did you really think critics would like this movie?

I remembering thinking Slaughter was awesome as a kid. Thinking about it now, it makes sense that a wrestling character would show up in a cartoon.

no...but you would think the reshoots would give it a better chance? Who knows what the hell really happened. Thank god it wasn't some stupid postponement due to some fucktard shooting up a movie theater or a school.....but we did have a shoot up at a marine base.............now that would be fucked up if they delay it because of that.

The critics would have trashed it simply because it is a G.I. Joe movie. Same thing with the Transformers movies.

The delay was to convert the movie to 3D and to film more scenes with Duke in order to capitalize on Channing Tatum's breakout status between the two films.

I would have preferred if this was more of a real sequel to the last one instead of some movie for people who worship The Rock.

I actually enjoyed the first one. Whatever.

[quote name='DNukem170']Well, they could always put Duke into a coma.[/QUOTE]

NO HE DIES!!!! fuck Optimus Prime Dying first!

[quote name='whoknows']I thought they unkilled him? Or are they still planning to have him die?[/QUOTE]

From what I heard he still dies, but he and The Rock...sorry...Roadblock have more screen time together.

Really stupid IMO.

Having The Rock be the main character and not Channing Tatum is the dumbest decision they made right after deciding to kill Channing Tatum's character.

[quote name='whoknows']Really stupid IMO.

Having The Rock be the main character and not Channing Tatum is the dumbest decision they made right after deciding to kill Channing Tatum's character.[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked they killed off Scarlett.... the other black dude I didn't care much for.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I'm shocked they killed off Scarlett.... the other black dude I didn't care much for.[/QUOTE]

That was stupid too.

I get the director didn't think the first movie was great, but doing what he did is awful.

Maybe the movie will be great and it will have been the best, but so far this doesn't feel like a sequel at all...more like a reboot which I guess is what it is.

That is kind of what Hasbro is going for. They weren't happy with the first film's box office take and poor word-of-mouth. The sequel didn't even get greenlit until RoC went on video.

[quote name='whoknows']That was stupid too.

I get the director didn't think the first movie was great, but doing what he did is awful.

Maybe the movie will be great and it will have been the best, but so far this doesn't feel like a sequel at all...more like a reboot which I guess is what it is.[/QUOTE]

So far I am not impressed with Adrianne Palicki after seeing her in Red Dawn 2012. Remember she was the one picked for the NBC Pilot for Wonder Woman a few years back that was never aired(fuckers!). I am curious about what happened to the FLAG (aircraft carrier) and the Baroness. Lets really hope that Cobra Commander is NOT over the top like in the last movie. His action figure looks pretty good though.

From what I understand, the Cobra Commander in this film is NOT Rex, so no idea how that will work. Anyone heard anything about Destro?

The Flagg will probably get destroyed in the same attack that takes out The Pit.

hmm, IGN liked it.....
also said the 3D worked well...can't wait to see that mountain side ninja fight. That might be cool as hell.

So this movie is directed by a guy who has only directed those "Step Up" movies.

Yup I can't wait to see this crash and burn....LOL

I don't know why people knock the first GI joe, I watch it a couple times, and its not that bad that some people say it is.. I do however felt it was brought down thanks to the Waynes brothers..

Yeah the first one was good, until the damn suit scene, and Wayne's overacting, then of course Cobra Commander's MASK!!!

They are knocking on RZA's performance though. Hmm... I am starting to think Sgt. Slaughter may not be in the movie. Either not in it or a brief cameo.

Also the director to Justin Beiber's concert movie. This movie is gonna crash n burn. Recently saw the first live action movie, have even less faith for this one. And then there's almost a year long delay after retooling the movie, since the bigwigs didn't like it and needed to redo the ending.

[quote name='Finger_Shocker']I don't know why people knock the first GI joe, I watch it a couple times, and its not that bad that some people say it is[/QUOTE]

1) It is a movie based on a toyline.
2) The plot fits right in with the 80's show.
3)It features a lot of wanton destruction just for the hell of it.
4) It is based on a toyline.
5) The final fight is underwater.
6) Sinking ice, even with justification.
7) Did I mention it was based on a toyline?

[quote name='DNukem170']1) It is a movie based on a toyline.
2) The plot fits right in with the 80's show.
3)It features a lot of wanton destruction just for the hell of it.
4) It is based on a toyline.
5) The final fight is underwater.
6) Sinking ice, even with justification.
7) Did I mention it was based on a toyline?[/QUOTE]

I thought the underwater battle was pretty cool. Not often do you get to see something like that right? Honestly when the movie came out I was expecting something bad, but it was actually pretty good. Believe me everyone in the audience got a good chuckle when whey heard that "Knowing is half the battle!" line. I am really glad they made storm shadow and Snake eyes the bad asses that they were. Ray Park was perfect for his combat moves.

[quote name='moon_knight']^So nostalgia saves it?[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I have no nostalgia and never cared for G.I. Joe as a kid (maybe I was too young) but I enjoyed the first movie.

It's the only movie ever where I didn't hate a Wayans.

[quote name='whoknows']I have no nostalgia and never cared for G.I. Joe as a kid (maybe I was too young) but I enjoyed the first movie.

It's the only movie ever where I didn't hate a Wayans.[/QUOTE]

He was good in Requiem for a Dream also.

Oddly enough, Marlon Wayans is the only person that made D&D watchable. lol

Had a chance to see an advance, couldn't make it =/ probably going out this weekend. I did like the first GI Joe.

[quote name='Necrozilla']First one was fun and reminded me like the first Transformers movie... but we all know how shit Transformers 2 turned out so anything can happen.[/QUOTE]

at least the second one had transformers in it!

Looking forward to gi joe 2, 2d not 3d though I think!

just came back from the preview showing.

It was good, but honestly it was not worth the delay and conversion to 3-D :(

Highlights and SPOILERS!! You are warned!

-The plot was so so.
-The scene in the previews in the desert where the Joe's get attacked was not at the PIT Base.
-There is no mention of of the other Joes from the first movie...like what happened to General Hawk??
-Duke is dead fairly early on in the movie.
-Lady Jay is a knock out in the Blue Running outfit and that red dress.
-Firefly has some cool weapons and those lightning bugs are very cool in the movie.
-When Cobra Commander escapes, he pretty much ditches Destro just like that...... wait wasn't Destro his arms dealer in the first movie??!?!?
-Cobra Commander's voice is a lot better than the first movie.
-The helmet is pretty cool. A lot better than the mask from the first one.
-The mountain side ninja fight was pretty cool.
-They should have made Jinx have short hair like from the GI Movie.
-Rza's performance was so so.
-NO SGT. SLAUGHTER :_( fuck you Wikipedia!!!
-For a retired Joe, he sure has a shit load of guns in his house.
-Zartan get's killed by storm shadow......but I am pretty sure Zartan will come back somehow.
-No Baroness or mention of her status.
-No USS FLAG :(
-No over the top CG like the last movie.
-Storm shadow was a victim of Zartan's set up which caused him to go bad...so in the end he switches sides against Cobra.
-Flint was ok.
-The president launches all the nukes, causing everyone else to launch their nukes and in the end causing everyone to blow up their own nukes so that Cobra can attack everyone with their weapons called the Zeus weapon.
-Firefly gets blown up by his own firefly bomb triggered by Roadblock.
-Cobra Commander escapes....... :|
-In the end everyone gets medals and the real president is back.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I can understand wanting to change the tone of the film, the junking of pretty much everyone in the first film is still annoying.

Also, there is a law out there that if Lady Jaye wasn't the sexiest Joe out there somebody would be arrested.

bread's done
Back