Giving out Negatives like it's going out of style...

Required, no.

Nobody is "required" to say "Thank you" "excuse me" "you're welcome" "please" etc either.

It's just common courtesy/decency.

I've been on eBay for 5 years now and my feedback number is at 75 with 100% positives. The other day I received a positive feedback but the comment was negative in tone. I shipped out the next day and everything was in perfect condition. The negative comment was that shipping was overpriced (I set S&H at $5 for every game I sell - the envelope is $1, the tracking number is $1 and shipping varies between $2 and $3 depending on the buyer). Don't morons factor in shipping as part of the overall price when bidding? I have a feeling my 100% will be gone soon now that negatives are flying around so carelessly. It sucks because as someone who sells periodically (but not that often) my 100% rating probably gets me a little more money per auction because people can see I'm trustworthy.

[quote name='jimflox']Required, no. Nobody is "required" to say "Thank you" "excuse me" "you're welcome" "please" etc either. It's just common courtesy/decency.[/quote]
Feedback is not for the customer. Feedback is for future sellers, and that feedback has to be honest. The feedback can not be honest if the seller can not leave the deserved negatives for deadbeat (or dishonest) customers.

The THANK YOU note is for the customer,
and if they receive that courtesy (plus the item they bought) they have no reason to complain.

[quote name='jimflox']If someone paypal'd me right when the auction ended, I would immediately leave feedback, as at that point, they have fulfilled their obligation. [/quote]

Even if the buyer later filed a false "item not received" complaint & stole back the money?

Have they still fulfilled obligation & deserve a "great guy" positive?

No.

bread's done
Back