Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ckc4043']If I choose to return, do I need to pay return shipping for first time? Have any brother tried to return thru glyde before?[/QUOTE]
reuturn shipping.

I think you have to pay for shipping when you return something on glyde.

[quote name='Jay']return shipping.

I think you have to pay for shipping when you return something on glyde.[/QUOTE]

If so, I don't choose to return....

I just posted earlier today how I kept not getting copies of Castlevania Order of Ecclesia. Well this time it showed up today yet the seller never even marked it as shipped. It still says seller received shipping kit. I'm pretty they're not getting paid until they mark it shiipped.

I've always gotten some of my other games that I used $5 codes on. I'm pretty happy. Still got 5 more to go though. But I got the most important ones.

Received:
Castlevania OOE $4.75 ($15 survey code)
Metroid Prime Hunters $7.50
Heavenly Sword $3.66
Maximo Ghosts to Glory $.75

Not yet Received:
Timesplitters $1.00
Soul Calibur IV $3.91
Gran Turismo 4 9 cents
Crackdown 16 cents
Mirror's Edge $2.41

I think you have to pay after the first time because it didn't charge me for my rejection/return today or it hinted I would be next time &/or in cases of repeatedly rejecting items and that's really BS policy. Someone could keep sending the wrong condition or game & you'd have to pay $2.50 of the $5 shipping cost and that's plain stupid.

In my case the seller isn't supposed to get his mailing kit til tomorrow, I ordered last week during the 5$ off deal as a first time customer. According to the Glyde site I'm not to expect it until the beginning of next week, basically 2 weeks. I'm not in a terrible hurry for the game, but 2 weeks is an incredible amount of time for ordering something online. And I definitely wont be using them for a game I want to play right away. :)

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I have had 5 or 6 orders cancelled but I was never given any indication that the seller was banned. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't think that's accurate I think you're assuming this.[/QUOTE]

I got the indication that sellers would be banned for not sending:

Automated cancellation email to me
Cancellations like this don't go unnoticed. If a seller develops a pattern, we take action and remove them from the Glyde marketplace.

Then a personal email right after from CS sent a few minutes later:

Thank you for buying on Glyde.

We were just notified that the seller of this game won't be sending it to you and I
just wanted to reach out personally and apologize. The seller has been charged an
unsuccessful sale fee and their account noted. If a pattern of negative behavior
develops, they will be removed from the marketplace.

Fortunately, the vast majority of transactions on Glyde go much more smoothly than
this and I do hope that you consider buying this or another item again.

Thanks, and if there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

Daryl
Glyde
Customer Service

[quote name='RiPPn']In my case the seller isn't supposed to get his mailing kit til tomorrow, I ordered last week during the 5$ off deal as a first time customer. According to the Glyde site I'm not to expect it until the beginning of next week, basically 2 weeks. I'm not in a terrible hurry for the game, but 2 weeks is an incredible amount of time for ordering something online. And I definitely wont be using them for a game I want to play right away. :)[/QUOTE]

It didn't show on the site the seller received and it had shipped but I received an email.

Truthfully I rushed into buying and thought it was set up like Amazon were the seller had already sent the game exampe to Glyde, Glyde graded it and then sold it, later I saw the transaction page and I knew to expect the chance of a condition/wrong game sh!tuation.

[quote name='retail sucks']I got the indication that sellers would be banned for not sending:

Automated cancellation email to me

Then a personal email right after from CS sent a few minutes later:

It didn't show on the site the seller received and it had shipped but I received an email.

Truthfully I rushed into buying and thought it was set up like Amazon were the seller had already sent the game exampe to Glyde, Glyde graded it and then sold it, later I saw the transaction page and I knew to expect the chance of a condition/wrong game sh!tuation.[/QUOTE]

I see, I never got any emails or indication like that so I didnt know. I'm glad they do that sorta, but it's not going to stop someone else signing up and doing the same thing.

[quote name='retail sucks']I think you have to pay after the first time because it didn't charge me for my rejection/return today or it hinted I would be next time &/or in cases of repeatedly rejecting items and that's really BS policy. Someone could keep sending the wrong condition or game & you'd have to pay $2.50 of the $5 shipping cost and that's plain stupid.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I email to the staff tonight. Thank you for your information. I hope it will not happen again...The excellent condition is a fake..! with a broken case and a weary box art! If the first time doesn't require shipping fee, it is great. because I bought the game, it is just $5 .

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I have had 5 or 6 orders cancelled but I was never given any indication that the seller was banned. Can anyone else confirm this? I don't think that's accurate I think you're assuming this.[/QUOTE]

The Glyde customer service representative told me in 2 separate e-mails that the seller's profile was removed from the site.

To address a few concerns I've seen to newer Glyde users (this is just from my experience so far)...

Regarding shipping, yes shipping will always be slow. Personally if I'm in a hurry for a game, I wouldn't order from Glyde. It's 3-4 days for seller to get the envelope, another day for it to be shipped back out, 3-4 days to go from seller to you. Then there's Sundays and holidays thrown in there. I generally expect 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before I see my game. But other than being a cheap gamer, I'm also a patient gamer with a backlog, so it suits me just fine but may not suit you.

Regarding returns/disc quality, I have bought about ten games this year and only one has arrived in a condition other than described. I emailed CS and explained that my excellent copy game was very scratched and they apologized and gave me the option of either 1. Return the game or 2. Take $3.75 refund on the game. I decided, after installing the disc to make sure it worked, to just take the partial refund as I was having a shit week and really didn't want to deal with it. So I was satisfied with CS resolution, but not having gone through with the return I have no idea if I would have been charged return shipping, but it really didn't sound that way in the email.

[quote name='Whedon'] not having gone through with the return I have no idea if I would have been charged return shipping, but it really didn't sound that way in the email.[/QUOTE]

Transaction Policies(at the bottom of the site):

Return Policy

Sometimes items aren't what you expected, and we understand that. If your item is not As-Described, you can return it within 48 hours of delivery. All you need to do is let us know! Simply choose one of these three options.
Respond to the email you received from Glyde when your item was delivered.
orGo to the Transactions page of your account and "Reject" the item.
orEmail us at [email protected].

Once you've let us know that you want to return the item, we'll send you a pre-addressed, pre-stamped shipping kit. Simply put your item in the kit, drop it in the mail, and you're done. You'll have your money back for the item in a few days.

Repeat returns prompt a simple shared responsibility policy in which the shipping cost of the return is split between the buyer and seller, usually around $5.00.

When I read this after ordering I was like WTF. If for example as I posted earlier if you received 2-3 straight wrong game or condition items and reject you'd be charged $5-$7.50 plus the hassle of having to wait for the mailer & ship them out with no product to show for it.

[quote name='retail sucks']When I read this after ordering I was like WTF. If for example as I posted earlier if you received 2-3 straight wrong game or condition items and reject you'd be charged $5-$7.50 plus the hassle of having to wait for the mailer & ship them out with no product to show for it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah,, I'm 0 for 2 buying on Glyde. First one douche sent me Motorstorm Pacific Rift with Motorstorm 1 disc. Second an "Excellent" condition game came looking like it had been submerged in a public toilet... the box art and manual were all curly and torn, the case was covered in some kind of disgusting brown material, the disc had this film on it that I had to clean off, and the whole thing smelled like toilet. I had no choice but to keep it due to their insane policy.

I still have $2 left in credit from the refund on the 1st game, and I don't even want to try a third order because I don't want to end up eating the return shipping for another fail.

[quote name='retail sucks']Transaction Policies(at the bottom of the site):

When I read this after ordering I was like WTF. If for example as I posted earlier if you received 2-3 straight wrong game or condition items and reject you'd be charged $5-$7.50 plus the hassle of having to wait for the mailer & ship them out with no product to show for it.[/QUOTE]

They've updated their return policy since the last time I did one. Previously, all returns were a shared expense between the buyer and seller. Now, it's "excessive returns" that will enact the shared cost. If you're receiving games that are clearly not as described by the seller and you are snapping pictures and sending them to CS, I doubt they would consider these "excessive."

I'm actually waiting to hear back from CS on a game I received yesterday with a cracked inner ring... the game does install to my 360 hard drive but it's certainly not in "excellent" condition. If a return is free I'll probably go that route, but if the previous policy was still in place I'd probably just keep it since it was only ~$5 overall.

I wish they had an acceptable condition too like amazon. My good mirrors edge came in a crappy bent gamestop case and the game has these little scratches around the rings but it still works. My "new" Fear 3 came in obviously repackaged and the case on top was broken. I hope the code wasn't used.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I wish they had an acceptable condition too like amazon. My good mirrors edge came in a crappy bent gamestop case and the game has these little scratches around the rings but it still works. My "new" Fear 3 came in obviously repackaged and the case on top was broken. I hope the code wasn't used.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hate how on Ebay Glyde etc... if you purchase something Good it's going to be terrible everytime. Good is bad.

I got a copy of Mirror's Edge coming myself on PS3 for $2.41.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Yeah I hate how on Ebay Glyde etc... if you purchase something Good it's going to be terrible everytime. Good is bad.

I got a copy of Mirror's Edge coming myself on PS3 for $2.41.[/QUOTE]

And excellent is acceptable 90% of the time. LOL :lol::applause:

Customer service: Duh, ah. Sorry about your bad transaction here's a $5 coupon for your trouble, please keep spending $$ on our site. Oh by the way you were charged $3 to ship back someone's f*** up.

[quote name='tightclaws']Ordered something last Thursday and seller still has not shipped, not looking good.[/QUOTE]

I would of already contacted customer service if he's received the mailer more than 2-3 days ago.

I got Gran Turismo 4 in the mail today. Set me back a whole 9 cents. It was disc only and pretty scratched but it seems to work. Can't complain for 9 cents.

All my games came pretty good. Except Madden which was labeled as good, but I would call it more like ok or acceptable, certainly not good condition but for the 50 cents i can't complain. And all my other games came out looking great!

I would complain normally but seeing how I got a good deal, I'm okay with it.

[quote name='Koneesha']All my games came pretty good. Except Madden which was labeled as good, but I would call it more like ok or acceptable, certainly not good condition but for the 50 cents i can't complain. And all my other games came out looking great![/QUOTE]

Technically it is in good condition by Glyde standards. A good condition may or may not have original case or artwork. So as long as it works and comes with some sort of case it is in "good" condition.

messagepart
I have some questions. Actually. What do you mean repeat return in the return transaction policy? I mean that if I choose to return the item, which time will you start to charge me for return shipping fee? Thank you very much. Actually, I have chosen to return one of my game already. If I return this game to you again, it is not the first time other word. Therefore, if this time charges me for return shipping, I will choose rather keep the game.

By the way,
The only thing that it is beyond excellent condition is the case of the game. I can accept it reluctantly. Are these two damages of the case mean excellent? I am so confused.

Thank you very much

messagepart

[quote name='ckc4043']
messagepart
I have some questions. Actually. What do you mean repeat return in the return transaction policy? I mean that if I choose to return the item, which time will you start to charge me for return shipping fee? Thank you very much. Actually, I have chosen to return one of my game already. If I return this game to you again, it is not the first time other word. Therefore, if this time charges me for return shipping, I will choose rather keep the game.

By the way,
The only thing that it is beyond excellent condition is the case of the game. I can accept it reluctantly. Are these two damages of the case mean excellent? I am so confused.

Thank you very much

messagepart
[/QUOTE]

Why are you asking us? You should email CS first as they will know if they are going to charge you or not.

[quote name='ckc4043']sorry, because they didn't reply me..I am so nervous now because tonight 9pm is deadline[/QUOTE]

Oh okay sorry about that. I thought you haven't contacted CS yet. Well I personally don't know but you could also try their Facebook to see if they will reply.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Oh okay sorry about that. I thought you haven't contacted CS yet. Well I personally don't know but you could also try their Facebook to see if they will reply.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry to you too. Thank you for your opinion. actually, I can accept it because it is just $5 bucks. If I needto pay shipping for return for 2.5 bucks, I rather accept it.

[quote name='ckc4043']I am sorry to you too. Thank you for your opinion. actually, I can accept it because it is just $5 bucks. If I needto pay shipping for return for 2.5 bucks, I rather accept it.[/QUOTE]

Check their return policy again, it'll be no charge for returning it unless CS determines that you've enacted an "excessive" amount of returns, which I'm guessing is not the case.

Oh and update to my previous CS contact, they've offered me a free return of :360: Two Worlds 2 or a $5-off coupon. Considering my purchase was $5 total, I'll just hold onto it and put the $5 towards my next purchase.

Hey guys, I'm a Glyde Ambassador and received a email from them telling me that anyone I refer get's a $5 discount on their first purchase. Only THIS link will get you the discount (except for links by other ambassadors). So here's my referral/ambassador link for those of you who want a 5 buck discount. You can grab something like Zelda: Spirit Tracks for six bucks with the discount, amongst other great but cheap games.

http://glyde.com/?rid=x2ujs6

I apologize if this is against the rules. I figured it wasn't spam since It actually does give a discount and I did disclose it's a referral link but if it against the rules feel free to delete this and I apologize.

I just e-mail them asking about the repeat return policy.

I ordered Madden '12 NEW and received Madden '11 NEW
Plus my Medieval Moves game was a Europe copy not American

I'd like to return them both, but I don't want to get hit with that charge. Hopefully I hear back soon. I'll admit I'm disappointed. The games came quickly, but I hate that there is no way to contact seller directly or see some type of feedback on the seller.

The other types games were fine and come as described. One did have a super dusty case, but no big deal.

I bought an "Excellent" condition Nintendo DS game. It arrived cartridge only (with some kind of rubber bumper around it). Promptly rejected that shit on the Glyde website. It said I could keep it or return it and it said I would be refunded the 50 cents I paid, so I opted to keep it and get my 50 cents back. I probably won't bother asking for a replacement $5 off code since there wasn't anything else I wanted on the site.

[quote name='kodave']I bought an "Excellent" condition Nintendo DS game. It arrived cartridge only (with some kind of rubber bumper around it). Promptly rejected that shit on the Glyde website. [/QUOTE]

I hope you commented on the bad condition while filing that rejection, improving the chances that CS will flag the seller's account. Because there's no reputation or feedback system in place, it's the only way to make sure they don't continue.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Check their return policy again, it'll be no charge for returning it unless CS determines that you've enacted an "excessive" amount of returns, which I'm guessing is not the case.

Oh and update to my previous CS contact, they've offered me a free return of :360: Two Worlds 2 or a $5-off coupon. Considering my purchase was $5 total, I'll just hold onto it and put the $5 towards my next purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thank you again. I hope they will reply me soon. Actually, there are 8 orders that I ordered in there. I have returned one order already. I hope that the second order will not count as excessive order. Any way, If it charges the shipping, I rather accept it!

[quote name='kodave']I bought an "Excellent" condition Nintendo DS game. It arrived cartridge only (with some kind of rubber bumper around it). Promptly rejected that shit on the Glyde website. It said I could keep it or return it and it said I would be refunded the 50 cents I paid, so I opted to keep it and get my 50 cents back. I probably won't bother asking for a replacement $5 off code since there wasn't anything else I wanted on the site.[/QUOTE]

So if I reject it and keep it, I still get my refund?

Starting the think the sellers for Crackdown (16 cents) and Mirror's Edge ($2.41) aren't going to ship. It's not the money it's the fact I can't get those games for that cheap again. Not even if customer service gives me back the $5 coupon codes for both they don't have any that cheap on the site currently. Oh well.

[quote name='Believeland']So if I reject it and keep it, I still get my refund?[/QUOTE]

That was my understanding, based on the way their new rejection thing is set up. It had it on "keep the game," showed me my refund amount, so I clicked accept. Nothing in their words said I wouldn't get the refund if I kept the game. It was just about whether or not it would cost anything to ship the game back. Clicking the ship back option didn't change the refund amount total or anything. So I stuck with keeping the game and I think getting the refund. If that's not how it works, then they need to make their shit clear on what option you have to select to get a refund. I've also been emailing with Glyde because they contacted me and had some questions about the delivery confirmation with the package, so when I replied I also mentioned I expected to see that 50 cent refund post to my credit card account soon.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Yeah I hate how on Ebay Glyde etc... if you purchase something Good it's going to be terrible everytime. Good is bad.

I got a copy of Mirror's Edge coming myself on PS3 for $2.41.[/QUOTE]

I bought a "Good" used copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen and just got it in the mail today. Brand new and sealed (and not a re-seal either, still security taped).

So far I've never had a problem with Glyde, but seeing as how it is person-to-person there are bound to be issues.

I've received 4 of my items already and all worked fine. I haven't had a problem with Glyde at all and love using the service, especially when there are coupons. ;)

[quote name='JMusic']I bought a "Good" used copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen and just got it in the mail today. Brand new and sealed (and not a re-seal either, still security taped).

So far I've never had a problem with Glyde, but seeing as how it is person-to-person there are bound to be issues.[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't literarly mean every single time. You got lucky though getting a sealed copy when it was good. Keep ordering ones that say good and you'll be singing a different tune.

[quote name='mrx001']There's a $1 off coupon through Destructoid but their website is broken right now.[/QUOTE]

Where is this coupon?

Also, if I order a DS game in "excellent" condition, does that just mean the cart is in excellent condition or do I get the case and manual with it as well?

[quote name='sadakou']Where is this coupon?

Also, if I order a DS game in "excellent" condition, does that just mean the cart is in excellent condition or do I get the case and manual with it as well?[/QUOTE]

Well by Glyde's definition it should have everything. But sometimes the sellers don't always follow Glyde's rules and you may just get a cart. Nothing you can do but wait and see.

[quote name='sadakou']Where is this coupon?

Also, if I order a DS game in "excellent" condition, does that just mean the cart is in excellent condition or do I get the case and manual with it as well?[/QUOTE]

Well by Glyde's definition it should have everything. But sometimes the sellers don't always follow Glyde's rules and you may just get a cart. It'd be a complete crapshoot honestly. Nothing you can do but wait and see what you get. There's no direct contact with sellers to ask either.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Well by Glyde's definition it should have everything. But sometimes the sellers don't always follow Glyde's rules and you may just get a cart. I'd be a complete crapshoot honestly. Nothing you can do but wait and see what you get. There's no direct contact with sellers to ask either.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...I'd almost rather just pay the extra $6 to be guaranteed the entire package of the game complete with pictures on eBay. Especially with the incredibly high rate of bootlegs with DS carts.

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='kodave']That was my understanding, based on the way their new rejection thing is set up. It had it on "keep the game," showed me my refund amount, so I clicked accept. Nothing in their words said I wouldn't get the refund if I kept the game. It was just about whether or not it would cost anything to ship the game back. Clicking the ship back option didn't change the refund amount total or anything. So I stuck with keeping the game and I think getting the refund. If that's not how it works, then they need to make their shit clear on what option you have to select to get a refund. I've also been emailing with Glyde because they contacted me and had some questions about the delivery confirmation with the package, so when I replied I also mentioned I expected to see that 50 cent refund post to my credit card account soon.[/QUOTE]

I just don't understand the policy behind it. Why would someone just basically ship a game for free. Unless the other party elects to just lose the money on their end because the would have to pay return cost or something.

[quote name='Believeland']I just don't understand the policy behind it. Why would someone just basically ship a game for free. Unless the other party elects to just lose the money on their end because the would have to pay return cost or something.[/QUOTE]

That makes no sense, no way the policy is like that. There has to be something more to that, you can't just keep the game and get a refund.

[quote name='sadakou']Hmm...I'd almost rather just pay the extra $6 to be guaranteed the entire package of the game complete with pictures on eBay. Especially with the incredibly high rate of bootlegs with DS carts.

Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Don't blame you, ironically though I just recently got a complete copy but it was a fake of Castlevania Order of Ecclesia off Ebay. You could tell the cover was printed and the cover on the cart was printed in person but not on the Ebay pic, and it gave me an error in my 3DS. I ended up getting a complete legit copy off Glyde.

So I rejected the first game and selected return the game; now on the second game it wants me to eat $2.50 of the return shipping. This would only be the 2nd game I've ever rejected. I have yet to hear from Customer Service; despite their 24 hour claim. I don't want to pay from a game when it isn't even the right game.

bread's done
Back