Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I would complain normally but seeing how I got a good deal, I'm okay with it.

Technically it is in good condition by Glyde standards. A good condition may or may not have original case or artwork. So as long as it works and comes with some sort of case it is in "good" condition.[/QUOTE]

Well I mean the Madden was good I suppose, but I also got Far Cry 2, and it just had the disc in a green xbox case, with no artwork or anything. I would assume this is more of a disc only solution, but maybe this fits their definition of good as well.

Does cs reply your message on Sunday or Saturday? It is almost the deadline of my item now. I am still wondering whether I need to pay return shipping or not

[quote name='ckc4043']Does cs reply your message on Sunday or Saturday? It is almost the deadline of my item now. I am still wondering whether I need to pay return shipping or not[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're open Sunday not sure about Saturday. They will have to extend the deadline for you if they haven't replied to your message relax.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']In for 20 copies.[/QUOTE]

Hurry while supplies last :!: LOL

Even more evidence some of these sellers are plainly retarded............

Hopefully this clears up some confusion:

New
Factory Sealed. Never opened.

Excellent
Disc plays perfectly. May have minor scratches.
Case has no more than a few minor scratches.
No damage to game instructions.
No personal markings. Not a previous rental

Good
Game plays perfectly. May have scratches.
Case has wear, but no cracks or damage.
Instructions may not be present.
May be a former rental without original case or art.

Disc Only
Game plays perfectly. No case.
Original copyrighted work. May be a former rental.
These are the options I was shown when posting Skyrim for 360. Same thing goes for movies. (fyi Skyrim is $21.95 disc only shipping included)

[quote name='ckc4043']Actually, the cs replie me that they will waiver my return shipping, do they return $5 coupon to me actually?[/QUOTE]

You need to send them another email and ask that question.

If you dont know ask, but not here ask Glyde customer service.

[quote name='GILiveRadio']
Excellent
Disc plays perfectly. May have minor scratches.
Case has no more than a few minor scratches.
No damage to game instructions.
No personal markings. Not a previous rental
[/QUOTE]

The problem with this is is makes no mention of:
- Condition of labels on cartridge games. Cartridge games don't get scratches, they get peanut butter and jelly gunk and tears/fading on the labels.

- Quality of the art insert underneath the case. Cases can be replaced for less than $1 each. Artwork inserts cannot be replaced unless you find them for higher costs than the game itself from places like BRE. And no, printing them at Kinko's isn't the same for collectors.

If it didn't take 2 weeks for the entire shipping process to complete it wouldn't be such a big deal, but until then it is half a month of waiting with crossed fingers all because there is no photo attachment system in place on the otherwise super sleek website.

[quote name='sadakou']The problem with this is is makes no mention of:
- Condition of labels on cartridge games. Cartridge games don't get scratches, they get peanut butter and jelly gunk and tears/fading on the labels.

- Quality of the art insert underneath the case. Cases can be replaced for less than $1 each. Artwork inserts cannot be replaced unless you find them for higher costs than the game itself from places like BRE. And no, printing them at Kinko's isn't the same for collectors.

If it didn't take 2 weeks for the entire shipping process to complete it wouldn't be such a big deal, but until then it is half a month of waiting with crossed fingers all because there is no photo attachment system in place on the otherwise super sleek website.[/QUOTE]

Yep exactly. I keep telling myself "Ok I am done with Glyde" but then they draw me back in with $5 coupon codes and $15 survey codes. Basically as long as I can't get a game for around one dollar I won't be buying from Glyde anymore. Way more hassle than it's worth. And like it was shown on the last page where they had Mortal Kombat Armaggedon for $96, it's not always the best price either.

[quote name='sadakou']The problem with this is is makes no mention of:
[/QUOTE]

Couldn't it be argued that it makes it in less than "excellent condition" considering the definition of "excellent" on glyde means no personal markings? What I think it comes down to is common sense. If it has peanut butter and jelly on it, then it obviously isn't excellent. Problem is, some sellers don't seem to have common sense....

[quote name='GILiveRadio']Couldn't it be argued that it makes it in less than "excellent condition" considering the definition of "excellent" on glyde means no personal markings? What I think it comes down to is common sense. If it has peanut butter and jelly on it, then it obviously isn't excellent. Problem is, some sellers don't seem to have common sense....[/QUOTE]

Some of these jokers know what their sending, they just don't want put it up for sale on a reputable site like Amazon or Ebay with PayPal/customer protection, or trade it's too crappy condition on CAG, GTZ or at Gamestop. Their trying to pawn it off on some buyer and hoping for a idiot to make quick cash, then you have some morons in the mix selling and a few actual good sellers.

I know earlier in the week I was complaining about how long shipping takes as it wasn't supposed to be here until the middle of the week, but it actually arrived yesterday. On top of that the copy is pristine, very very happy with Glyde at this point, think I'll go back and see if I can't get some more stuff off there.

[quote name='retail sucks']Some of these jokers know what their sending, they just don't want put it up for sale on a reputable site like Amazon or Ebay with PayPal/customer protection, or trade it's too crappy condition on CAG, GTZ or at Gamestop. Their trying to pawn it off on some buyer and hoping for a idiot to make quick cash, then you have some morons in the mix selling and a few actual good sellers.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's just as much of a crap-shoot as buying a stock photo game on eBay. The condition guide-lines alone are too vague and easily abused to be a reliable indicator of the actual condition of the game, and the turn-around time is so long that most people don't want to bother, especially when even more money has to come out of the buyer's pocket to return it.

The same could be said of ordering Used from GoHastings, but at least there is some level of human verification on one end of the system there, so stuff usually ends up okay.

Of course none of this matters because used video game vendors make their money off of people who don't know any better and frankly don't care about the condition of the games, not collectors. It's the same reason GameStop doesn't give a damn if you have the original case and instructions when you turn in games there. If you don't buy their cart-only copy of Electroplankton, soccer mom #27,397 will.

When it is a used vendor that enforces games being complete, the prices usually suffer because of it (Play n Trade).

Until places like Glyde require sellers to take 1 minute out of their lives to upload pictures of what they are selling so buyer can at least avoid any major cosmetic defects, the most reliable source for complete used games will continue to be:

1) In-person at GameStop.
2) Buying from non-stock photo, multi-pic galleries from parents/collectors cleaning out old games from kids/collections on eBay; i.e. people with less than 1000 feedback who don't have usernames like "Hong Kong Real Game 4 U Promise."

The $5 discount for new users when you register and make your first purchase using an Ambassador link ends this Thursday at noon PST.

Ambassador link: glyde.com/?rid=2pjymv
(The $5 off shows automatically in your cart, not up top under Glyde balance)

Two of my orders with the $5 off hasn't shipped and I don't think they're going to, on both games the sellers received the mailers almost a week ago. I've been emailing customer service and they said they will replace the $5 coupons if the orders are cancelled. So that's good news.

Four of mine from the $5 off fiasco have arrived while my last one finally shipped the other day and should be here soon. Wasn't expecting to get all 5 but I'll definitely take it!

Glyde is a good idea with bad execution if you ask me. I used to sell my stuff on there but there always ended up problems. Either the mailers would come so much later or never at all. Sometimes I would get mailers for stuff I never even sold. I would have buyers take the case/manual and send back only the game or even swap out the game with their cracked/scratched copies (I had a watermark to verify it wasn't my copy).

As a buyer it was equally unreliable, mostly because the majority of sellers on Glyde lie about the quality. The accountability is so much less without a feedback system in place that sellers can pretty much send you anything and if it's crap and you want to return it Glyde punishes the buyer by splitting the return cost.

At least eBay & Amazon have measures in place where you dispute the quality of something without getting penalized for a poor seller. You may pay $5 more, but that's like them giving you a free turn at a slot machine. You might end up winning, but you will probably lose.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I don't think they're open Sunday not sure about Saturday. They will have to extend the deadline for you if they haven't replied to your message relax.[/QUOTE]

I received a reply from a CS rep at 10:55 PM on 07/22. That's Sunday night. Pretty obvious that they were working from home, which I find really nice -- almost like 24 hour service.

[quote name='retail sucks']Hurry while supplies last :!: LOL

Even more evidence some of these sellers are plainly retarded............[/QUOTE]

In regards to overpriced items, I'm guessing those are 3rd party merchant links, with a contract deal from Glyde. Have you noticed that you can't list certain things as used but the same things are available for purchase as new? And that you can't list more than a few dollars above the "suggested market price?" That's probably why.

Just thought I would post for those wondering that I received my "swag" kit today.
It's the t-shirt from the page with a little thank you card. T-shirt is made out of a nice material and will gladly wear this. Thanks Glyde! :D

Edit:
The back:
It says "Help Sonic collect his rings. Sell your old vidoe games, gadgets, and dvds on Glyde. Glyde.com"

[quote name='dano1mark1']i refered a NEW member but they got the $5 off but im wondering when i get my $5 from refering a friend[/QUOTE]

I haven't received my $5 'refer a friend' bonus either, even though they've since received the game in the mail.

I also got my t-shirt. Mine has a beat up Link.

I also got two $5 refer a friend bonuses already from when the coupons were working for everyone. I have no idea if they were actually 2 new users or not.

[quote name='acsguitar']Current copy of P4 Arena for under 40 bucks shipped Disc Only Ps3. For penny pinchers like myself could be a deal :)[/QUOTE]

I could never pay anywhere near $40 for any game thats disc only even if it just came out.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']I could never pay anywhere near $40 for any game thats disc only even if it just came out.[/QUOTE]

I get it. For me if it was a game I wanted I'd totally do it. I'm not really a collector nor a re-player and I tend to spill beer on my game cases and art half the time :)

[quote name='NismoZ32']Just thought I would post for those wondering that I received my "swag" kit today.
It's the t-shirt from the page with a little thank you card. T-shirt is made out of a nice material and will gladly wear this. Thanks Glyde! :D

Edit:
The back:
It says "Help Sonic collect his rings. Sell your old vidoe games, gadgets, and dvds on Glyde. Glyde.com"
[/QUOTE]

got the same shirt

bread's done
Back