Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered ICO and Bioshock 2. I'll share my experience but you people hopefully understand that you can't really blame Glyde for bad service/product. It's the users who supply it directly to you. Glyde just offers the means for the transaction and takes their cut for doing so. If you don't like it, just take your business to GameStop or eBay.

It's not like you would blame CAG if a forum member ripped you off on a trade that you set up through the message board.

I got a horribly scratched audio CD. After testing, I discovered that it occasionally skips and will probably have to be resurfaced. I reported negative feedback to Glyde and their remedy is to refund the price paid MINUS $2.00 shipping. Not good. Thankfully is was a sub $4 purchase, so not a huge loss, but this place is like a crap shoot, I will not make big purchase from them.

[quote name='japanarchy']I ordered ICO and Bioshock 2. I'll share my experience but you people hopefully understand that you can't really blame Glyde for bad service/product. It's the users who supply it directly to you. Glyde just offers the means for the transaction and takes their cut for doing so. If you don't like it, just take your business to GameStop or eBay.

It's not like you would blame CAG if a forum member ripped you off on a trade that you set up through the message board.[/QUOTE]

When a middle man is being paid a part of the profits to bring two parties together, they are partly responsible for whatever transpires. No one is saying it's Glyde's fault if Johnny sends me a scratched disc, but they need to sure up their system that there are negative consequences (not just "we'll take a note"), in order to deter folks from attempting to send out crappy items and hoping people will just eat the loss.

You guys talking about negative consequences... doesn't Glyde hold the payment funds until feedback? So if someone sends a broken item, sure the buyer is out $2 shipping, but the asshole seller is out his broken item *and* doesn't get paid, right?

[quote name='japanarchy']I ordered ICO and Bioshock 2. I'll share my experience but you people hopefully understand that you can't really blame Glyde for bad service/product. It's the users who supply it directly to you. Glyde just offers the means for the transaction and takes their cut for doing so. If you don't like it, just take your business to GameStop or eBay.

It's not like you would blame CAG if a forum member ripped you off on a trade that you set up through the message board.[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, if the business model has flaws or problems I certainly could and would blame them and then would take my business elsewhere.

It's like saying you can't blame a business for hiring crappy employees? You certainly can.

Well, I just got the first of three games I ordered.

I only ordered games in "Excellent" condition but the one that arrived has a crushed box. The cover art, manual and disc were all fine. I guess it is possible that the box got crushed during shipping.

Anyway, I accepted the game, but I wish there was a way to at least tell they the box arrived crushed.

Overall, glyde is not bad, even though shipping is a bit high and definitely takes way too long.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Ummmm, if the business model has flaws or problems I certainly could and would blame them and then would take my business elsewhere.

It's like saying you can't blame a business for hiring crappy employees? You certainly can.[/QUOTE]
It's absolutely nothing like that.

I am thinking about ordering BioShock 2 with a 5 dollar off coupon which would bring my price down to 38 and change. Just not sure if I want to bite at that price, think it would be a good price? I received the coupon for a game that took almost a month to arrive, but when it did arrive the game was in amazing condition. They refunded my shipping and gave me this coupon for my troubles which I still have yet to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='japanarchy']It's absolutely nothing like that.[/QUOTE]
I think this needs some explanation.
When one buys a game from Glyde they go to the site, and then give the money to Glyde. Glyde then informs someone that they sold the game and it is time for them to ship it out. Once the item is received Glyde gives the seller their cut of the money.
Looks to me like Glyde has hired on the individuals who sell games on their site, they simply work for a very high commission. So when the sellers don't follow through on their end of the deal some of the blame should certainly fall on Glyde.

Glyde is basically like a classified ad, like craigslist. And you KNOW you're taking a risk by ordering something from a site that offers no pictures of the specific item, so I can't see getting pissed off about it. If you're a collector, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the risk, or the bitching. Even if you're not a "collector" but you care about manuals and inserts, then just shop somewhere more realiable/informative.

[quote name='japanarchy']Glyde is basically like a classified ad, like craigslist. And you KNOW you're taking a risk by ordering something from a site that offers no pictures of the specific item, so I can't see getting pissed off about it. If you're a collector, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the risk, or the bitching. Even if you're not a "collector" but you care about manuals and inserts, then just shop somewhere more realiable/informative.[/QUOTE]

It is completely different from a craigslist type site.

Outside of ad revenue, craig's list sees NO money or takes NO part in any transaction.

Glyde is a business that takes a direct part in the transactions.

Amazon and Half.com also fail to show you a picture of the specific item you are buying, but if you buy something and it does not fit their specific guidelines for grading of a product there are consequences for the seller - discouraging the behavior.

Glyde is the same thing except they have a crappy policy for when something goes wrong.

I don't see why people - specifically you - fail to see that what you define as "bitching/complaining" are our honest critiques of what could make the site better and therefore have more people use it. It is also our way of warning any CAG in this thread of the potential risks and problems with this site so if they are unaware of the risk they will know and can make an informed decision of whether to take said risk.

Simple stuff here.

Got my 4th game from Glyde today. All the games I ordered were labeled in excellent condition...all came to me in excellent condition. Maybe I'm just not as picky as everyone else or I'm just lucky

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It is completely different from a craigslist type site.

Simple stuff here.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Glyde is not a classified site. They are taking a cut of every sale.

And I don't know why you are portrayed as "bitching," either. To me, you're pointing out a flaw in their system. Nothing wrong with that. CAGs should know this, and Glyde should know, too, so maybe they can fix it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Agreed. Glyde is not a classified site. They are taking a cut of every sale.

And I don't know why you are portrayed as "bitching," either. To me, you're pointing out a flaw in their system. Nothing wrong with that. CAGs should know this, and Glyde should know, too, so maybe they can fix it.[/QUOTE]

I think they either need to fix it or at the very least make it very clear to a person who is using the site for the first time. When I made my first purchase it didn't take me to the transactions policy and make it clear.

Most people are used to half.com, amazon, or most any other site that puts customer service and customers at the top of the totem pole.

This site seems to take a "happy community" approach, which in an ideal world would be great, but even ebay now seems to be more proactive in their policing of transactions.

The policy is theirs to set, but I just want to make people aware.

Say you pay 3 bucks or less for a game, you might want to just take the risk.

Say you pay 40 bucks for a new game that is 60 bucks everywhere, then even if you lose 5 bucks in shipping costs if you get a crappy copy of the game, it might still be worth the gamble.

I think the system is most problematic in games that are not too cheap and not too expensive. Unless you are saving way more than 5 bucks on the order, it is not worth the risk of ordering because you'd essentially be gambling those 5 bucks for the off chance you might get a decent copy of a game.

Well I just recieved Mercenaries and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, both for the OG Xbox, in excellent condition. I used the KOTAKU and UGO codes and paid a total of $8 for both games. No scratches, cases and manuals in near mint condition. I'm happy with the service and hopefully I can find some other deals.

Anyone know of any other coupon codes?

I keep wanting to at least try these guys out, but even with the $3 coupon code, I hesitate, because I can find the same games for just a little bit more at GameStop. And at least with GS, I can check the condition.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I keep wanting to at least try these guys out, but even with the $3 coupon code, I hesitate, because I can find the same games for just a little bit more at GameStop. And at least with GS, I can check the condition.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, well I guess it just depends on how much cheaper you can find stuff for. Some people were able to get games for less than a dollar using the codes. The best I did was a few games for two bucks.

I say you just wait til you see a good deal and try it out then.

I got an excellent condition copy of Lego Indiana Jones I for the 360 for 3.50 shipped and it was indeed like new and cheaper than I'd get it anywhere else, unless I got the Kung Fu Panda bundle.

All of the really cheap games that I am interested in are either disc-only or when I click on them, the actual price is more than what was shown. I think they have some lag when it comes to updating or something.

Yeah, the cheap games are all hit or miss. I hate that too. You see .25 cents and then you click and the cheapest is 2.25 or more.

Just got my best deal so far IMO - Silent Hill Origins for the PS2 for 10.81 shipped. Considering the game is out of print and people try to charge so much for it, it was just the right price point for me.

Got it in the mail today and though I would probably rate the disc good as opposed to excellent, everything else is in immaculate condition, it plays fine, and the price can not be beat.

For sellers, how does this compare to Ebay and Amazon? I see the 10% and that's higher than both of those places, but the tradeoff is not having to print labels and such (plus mailers). How much do they take off for providing a mailer?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']For sellers, how does this compare to Ebay and Amazon? I see the 10% and that's higher than both of those places, but the tradeoff is not having to print labels and such (plus mailers). How much do they take off for providing a mailer?[/QUOTE]

you can list your item and they will tell you exactly how much you get.
And it is very easy to list and then delete an item.

The great thing is that you can list it for free and then just leave it until someone buys it. I got a couple junk games up there that never sell on eBay for more than a few bucks. Hopefully, someone will bite. If not, no skin off my back.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']For sellers, how does this compare to Ebay and Amazon? I see the 10% and that's higher than both of those places, but the tradeoff is not having to print labels and such (plus mailers). How much do they take off for providing a mailer?[/QUOTE]

I suspect I could get more for my games on Ebay about 90% of the time, and Glyde isn't much easier, since I used Auctiva to automate my Ebay listings. I did try selling one item on Glyde after a failed Ebay auction, and it sold on Glyde in a week, but I listed it for Glyde's recommended price, which I thought was too low, and then after their cut, I got less than I would have liked.

Glyde is virtually the same thing as Half.com, with a slicker (but less functional) interface, and they provide the mailer. I haven't tried calculating which charges higher fees. Half.com no doubt has more traffic, and lets you charge whatever price you want (Glyde does not).

I've never sold anything on Amazon, since I do well enough on Ebay & Half.com, and haven't needed a third option.

[quote name='Hocus Cadabra'] Half.com no doubt has more traffic, and lets you charge whatever price you want (Glyde does not)..[/QUOTE]

You can set your own price, when you go to list an item next to the "market value" that they suggest are an up and a down arrow.

How much do they take off for providing a mailer?

$1.25 for games so far. Not sure if there is a difference for things like books or larger/smaller media that would require a different size mailer.

Glyde is cheaper than half.com, who takes 15% of anything under $50.

ebay is equal to cheaper than Glyde depending on final value and starting/reserve price

power sellers will always have more success with ebay, but if you want a hassle free way of getting rid of a few games with better return than going to gamestop Glyde might be for you.

I'm sure most of you know this, but there are several handy Ebay-Paypal fee calculators out there (http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html) that can help you determine what you're getting out of your sale. For me, between the Ebay and Paypal fees its always around a %12-%13 cut so glydes straight up %10 and cheap mailer fee works pretty well most of the time.

[quote name='slidecage']seems all of the coupons are dead[/QUOTE]

KOTAKU and UGO still work but you can only use them once per account.

Does anyone know a way to delete my CC info from the site? I don't want that to just be lingering on there since you dont even need to verify anything once you put it on the website once.

Received my first purchase yesterday and it was as advertised to be (Excellent condition). However, it did take almost a week longer than expected because, presumably, the seller did not mail it when he/she was supposed to.

I did find Glyde's customer service to be very helpful, albeit a bit passive when it came to actual resolution of the issue, but in this case I don't think there was much else they could do considering the physical mailing of the game was up to the seller.

Overall, I'd look to Glyde as a nice, inexpensive way to get a hold of older games, but I'm leery of making a high dollar purchase on a newer title.

Received both flawless and complete (used $3 off code on each):

- MLB 2K7 PS3 (excellent) $1.72 shipped
- Rogue Trooper Xbox (excellent) $5.39 shipped

Ordered 02/20/2010 Received 02/26/2010 and 02/27/2010 respectively.

***This combined with the results of my prior order have lead me to conclude I will be using this site primarily to acquire select titles (like sports that I have not really bought since NHL '94 for genesis) for a few bucks to try out or fill holes in my collection.

***Shipping has averaged about a week here to Mass.

***As I'm out of new mailers, those sexy ones from Glyde I get are now being re-used/re-cycled saving me a few bucks as well.

Not sure if I'm ready to take chance on some pricier titles yet...but my confidence is building...

I've gotten 3 things from them so far, and I'm happy with my purchases, they're in as good condition as advertised. People have already bought two things I was selling on there, the one I put significantly below "market price" because it wasn't selling where I had it, and even where it did sell, I still made a profit off of it.

And no, I didn't buy it to flip it, I just...didn't need it like I thought I would (it was a Fallout 3 add-on pack disc, and I found the GotY edition not that long afterwards).

Just updating. No issues with the purchase. Received it today and it was in fantastic shape. My biggest complaint was there was absolutely zero communications from glyde. I recieved no emails telling me my item has shipped, nothing. Great game though. :D

[quote name='radar2670']Just ordered an excellent condition Yakuza 2 for PS2. I want to play the full game and not the edited junk that Sega is calling Yakuza 3.

A little higher than I would have expected($30) but pretty close to Ebay($30-$50) I would have bought it from Gamestop($20) but no where close had it in stock and I do not buy from used from gamestop.com due to no guarantee of box and instructions. Wish me luck. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='life.exe']KOTAKU and UGO still work but you can only use them once per account.[/QUOTE]

ugo still works BUT after buying 2 games on the 21th?? and both of them still havent shipped i doubt i will go back

I don't know if anything updates for shipping. Usually my games have just showed estimated delivery date. And then they arrive. I have had two minor blips where they register me receiving the games a day before I actually did, but both games were great condition so it was no problem.

My first Glyde experience:

"Excellent" copy of Fable 2 ordered 2-20-10

Game arrived today 2-27-10. Game was complete - the box had some small dents on the cover and the disc is lightly scratched.. instructions, 48hr gold trail and last remnant insert are in new condition. I would consider it "good" by my standards but it was worth it for $12.56. I will use them again.

[quote name='slidecage']ugo still works BUT after buying 2 games on the 21th?? and both of them still havent shipped i doubt i will go back[/QUOTE]

I've had almost 100 transations with Glyde since September with little trouble until the last 3 weeks. I've sold 3 games where the mailer just never showed up from Glyde.

Considering this is the major catch to get me to use Glyde its kind of troubling. In all three cases it took more than 1 email to recieve any response from their customer service. They eventually sent me "replacement mailers" (Were the first ones ever mailed?). I just know they are telling the buyer that its my fault.

And there is no way for me to contact the seller directly and tell them whats up other than putting a note with the game. As a buyer myself, I know it can be frustrating. I sent one of them a game code add-on, but I'm sure they don't realize thats why I did it. I'm hoping these problems are just temporary and they will get back to normal.

Well, I will add that I sold a game on the 17th and have yet to receive the mailer to send it out. I emailed them after 7 days and they were supposed to get back to me after "researching the issue" but never did. I don't get why they can't do what a site like plasticjungle does where you can print the mailing labels out after a sale off their site with postage prepaid.

[quote name='MrEKO73']I've had almost 100 transations with Glyde since September with little trouble until the last 3 weeks. I've sold 3 games where the mailer just never showed up from Glyde.

Considering this is the major catch to get me to use Glyde its kind of troubling. In all three cases it took more than 1 email to recieve any response from their customer service. They eventually sent me "replacement mailers" (Were the first ones ever mailed?). I just know they are telling the buyer that its my fault.

And there is no way for me to contact the seller directly and tell them whats up other than putting a note with the game. As a buyer myself, I know it can be frustrating. I sent one of them a game code add-on, but I'm sure they don't realize thats why I did it. I'm hoping these problems are just temporary and they will get back to normal.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back