Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mizzou75']Woah :shock: Just posted on Twitter

As a thx to all the Cheap Ass Gamers out there, here's your CAG10 coupon code! 10% off. Games only. Ltd time. Unlimited uses! www.glyde.com[/QUOTE]

There is a spy among us!

Although I would prefer a $3 or 5 off coupon since I don't really buy the higher priced stuff. Having .50 off on a game I'm thinking about buying won't sway me.

[quote name='life.exe']There is a spy among us!

Although I would prefer a $3 or 5 off coupon since I don't really buy the higher priced stuff. Having .50 off on a game I'm thinking about buying won't sway me.[/QUOTE]

yeap a buck off wont make me buy anything .... to even make it worth it would have to be looking at 30+ buck games

nice if it was FREE SHIPPING

My first experience with Glyde's CS was quite good. I had sold a game that was delivered over a week ago, but the sale was still pending. E-mailed them about it and got a response within hours, with the "pending" status lifted within minutes of that.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']I just posted 3 games on glyde, and 2 sold within the hour! =D

Which games sold?[/QUOTE]

God of War 3 and Limited Edition Bad Company 2 on the xbox.

Tried it, and hated it. Bought a game listed as "Excellent", came with no instruction manual but plenty of gamestop stickers. Should've been listed as "Good" according to their policy. I'll get some of my money back, but I'm out $6.14 because some idiot didn't list their game accurately.

I've purchased numerous games off it. I like it so far. I sold one game, and I'm hoping to sell a couple more. All of the games that I've ordered with Excellent condition have arrived in excellent condition. One I accidentally bought in good condition, and it still arrived in the box with decent disc and the manual.

Received my games today and they were indeed in excellent condition. Near flawless cases and manuals, too.

[quote name='ode2kiri']Tried it, and hated it. Bought a game listed as "Excellent", came with no instruction manual but plenty of gamestop stickers. Should've been listed as "Good" according to their policy. I'll get some of my money back, but I'm out $6.14 because some idiot didn't list their game accurately.[/QUOTE]

"Excellent-- Disc plays perfectly. May have minor scratches.
Case has no more than a few minor scratches.
No damage to game instructions.
No personal markings. Not a previous rental."

This is the problem with Glyde. There is really nothing in the "Excellent" description that states there can't be stickers on the box as stickers aren't really "personal markings" and Gamestop games arent "previous rentals". Nor does it explicitly state that you have to have instructions. It just states "No damage to game instructions."

Good even makes less sense. "Good-
Game plays perfectly. May have scratches.
Case has wear, but no cracks or damage.
Instructions may not be present.
May be a former rental without original case or art."

Soooo- My case can't have damage or cracks but it can be without its original case or art? In other words its better to have generic case with no art than have an original cracked case with its art?

[quote name='Morphx2']I think its easier to trade-it in at Gazelle, seems easier at least than waiting for people to buy it.[/QUOTE]
You get more money from selling them, or at least all of the games I have sold I have made more money from Glyde than I would have from Gazelle.

So I took pretty good advantage of that EA coupon glitch earlier this month. Picked up about 12 games to flip. I recently sold Skate 2 (360) for $11.80, Burnout Paradise (PS3) for $12.25 and Brutal Legend (PS3) for $11.35, totaling $35.40 in Glyde credit. I used that to grab New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $0.49. After coupons and shipping, I spent $8.59 on those three games. Pretty happy with that.

I should also have another $41.81 in Glyde credit after another week or so when some of the other games from the EA sale that I sold go through (I spent $11.40 combined on those four games). And I've still got four games listed that'll hopefully sell soon. EA/Glyde were very good to me this month.

[quote name='MrEKO73']
Good even makes less sense. "Good-
Game plays perfectly. May have scratches.
Case has wear, but no cracks or damage.
Instructions may not be present.
May be a former rental without original case or art."

Soooo- My case can't have damage or cracks but it can be without its original case or art? In other words its better to have generic case with no art than have an original cracked case with its art?[/QUOTE]
Good make no sense at all. Good could be disc only with any kind of case, no art, no manual. I sold one game disc only and the mailer is good for only 2 oz., which is pretty much a disc in a paper sleeve. No sort of case would make it under the weight. I was able to insert a bit of cardboard for backing, and fold the envelope way down to stabilize the disc, but come on Glyde, a disc in an envelope is going to break in the mail.

[quote name='ackbar7']Good make no sense at all. Good could be disc only with any kind of case, no art, no manual. I sold one game disc only and the mailer is good for only 2 oz., which is pretty much a disc in a paper sleeve. No sort of case would make it under the weight. I was able to insert a bit of cardboard for backing, and fold the envelope way down to stabilize the disc, but come on Glyde, a disc in an envelope is going to break in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Netflix says hello.

[quote name='ackbar7']Good make no sense at all. Good could be disc only with any kind of case, no art, no manual. I sold one game disc only and the mailer is good for only 2 oz., which is pretty much a disc in a paper sleeve. No sort of case would make it under the weight. I was able to insert a bit of cardboard for backing, and fold the envelope way down to stabilize the disc, but come on Glyde, a disc in an envelope is going to break in the mail.[/QUOTE]

I got lucky. I was able to use a cardboard fold from one of my Gamefly purchases. Worked out great and came in at the weight.

[quote name='life.exe']Netflix says hello.[/QUOTE]
:roll: With the volume of business that Netfilx does they can afford to loose a few discs and have it not impact their business at all. I on the other hand want no part of having a buyer receive a broken disc.
Plus I'd guess most postal carriers know what Netflix is and many probably treat the envelopes accordingly. No one really knows what Glyde is, and postal carriers probably assume it is "personal lubricant."

[quote name='ackbar7']
Plus I'd guess most postal carriers know what Netflix is and many probably treat the envelopes accordingly. "[/QUOTE]

They have a separate area in their mail trucks where they put the Netflix envelopes. So yes, they do take extra care of their shipments.

I bought a disc-only game off of Glyde, and the seller was smart enough to use a cardboard sleeve. As a seller, I don't care about this issue, because I am also smart enough to use some kind of protection, if I ever do sell something disc-only. As a buyer, it's a little troublesome, knowing Glyde's policies. If I get a damaged disc in the mail, I'm going to have to split the cost of shipping (~$2.50) if I want to return it.

I suspect, though, that this likely has yet to become a major problem for Glyde. If it had, they would probably address it, likely by informing sellers that they should seek out some form of protection for the discs they are shipping.

Can you only input and apply codes once?

I added "5Glyde" (5% off existing users), and then removed it from the cart and looked for other things.

I decided it was worth it, so I added it again, and now 5Glyde says invalid code...what gives?

Hi CAGs. I work at Glyde and I saw these posts about Disc Only sales not including sleeves for the discs. Sorry about that! We supply the sleeves and all Disc Only sales should include them, but it looks like this order must have slipped through without.

Also, the CAG10 coupon code has been re-opened! It will stay open through the weekend and will expire 4/25 11:59pm PST.

Finally, just wanted to say that we appreciate your support (and criticisms too!). Feel free to send us any questions, comments, feedback, and suggestions you may have to our service@glyde email address. We're always open.

Thanks!

I was going to mention in my post that the cardboard sleeve that came with my disc-only copy looked like something that could have been supplied by Glyde, but I wasn't sure. It's good to know that this is the case.

[quote name='Cagney&Lacey']

Also, the CAG10 coupon code has been re-opened! It will stay open through the weekend and will expire 4/25 11:59pm PST.

[/QUOTE]

Piece of crap! I placed my order yesterday when it was dead. Grrrr... whatever. :bomb:

Anybody know the approximate shipping time for orders? It says 5/1 for mine. That's a long time!

[quote name='JaxMoney']Piece of crap! I placed my order yesterday when it was dead. Grrrr... whatever. :bomb:

Anybody know the approximate shipping time for orders? It says 5/1 for mine. That's a long time![/QUOTE]

It does take a while as glyde has to ship the packing to the seller, then they have to ship it to you.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']It does take a while as glyde has to ship the packing to the seller, then they have to ship it to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Bummer, that kind of bites. Plus they use USPS so it takes even longer. :drool: I ordered NFS: Shift for about $22 shipped without case/book. I knew I should've just ordered it from Amazon for $5 more :bomb:

I " REALLY " like Glyde.com support , seriously .... they would take there time to make an account on a website called Cheapassgamer.com . Now thats dedication :D

[quote name='JaxMoney']Thanks.

Bummer, that kind of bites. Plus they use USPS so it takes even longer. :drool: I ordered NFS: Shift for about $22 shipped without case/book. I knew I should've just ordered it from Amazon for $5 more :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Well if you're going to go used, I definitely prefer Glyde as I've gotten only the best used copies I've seen from them, the games pretty much look like how I keep mine.

Wow, I replied to them on Twitter about how it was a bummer that I ordered a game yesterday when the code was inactive, and they sent me a personal code to use for $3 off, and I could use it twice. I totally didn't expect anything and the code being inactive definitely didn't change my opinion of Glyde in a negative way at all, but this just shoots them up even higher. Hell of a customer service if I do say so myself.

Just recently bought an excellent copy of Final Fantasy XIII. It was only a few days ago, but the seller already got the envelope and shipped my game out. Very interested to see how good the condition actually is.

I sent out my first game today through glyde. I didn't notice when I purchased through glyde, but they put the title of the game on the shipping address label in glaring red text. Why can't they just put a small slip inside the mailer that says what game you're supposed to ship?

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I see some someone going WOW GOD OF WAR 3 (not the actual game I sent out) YOINK!!!!

I ordered from glyde a few weeks back and they said I wasn't supposed to receive my game till the 12th of april or something like that, but I got it a full week early. It only took about a week. So it just depends. All in all I would still prefer this to most, especially since I have other games I could play in the meantime, and honestly the odds of using glyde to get a new release are slim, so it not like you gotta have it quick.

It's good to see that everyone here has had good experiences with Glyde, but my one time using them hasn't gone very smoothly. I ordered a disc-only game from them back on April 11, with an estimated delivery date of the 20th, and the seller still hasn't sent the package! The Glyde customer support department has been very good however, and responded within a couple of hours after I emailed them about the problem. They said they would contact the seller and either get them to send the game immediately or (if that wasn't possible), simply not charge me for the purchase.

Well I sold Modern Warfare 2 back on the 12th of this month, and Glyde has yet to send me a bubble mailer to ship the item out. They sent me an email this morning asking about the status of the game, had to let them know they never shipped me the mailer. Still waiting to hear back about that.

But I have sold a ton of things on Glyde before without this ever happening, so hopefully they will be able to fix this.

Finally found some deals. I was reluctant to use the site before but since there have been quite a few people who have dealt with this system on multiple occasions with no problems my worries are a little pacified.

Hope it doesn't take long.

After trying all day to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl for around ~$20 shipped (failed on 2 different occasions! 1st I was out bid by 50 cents at 20.50; The other I forgot to bid before the end. The guy's bid went uncontested for 17.99 + FS) I just went ahead and bought from glyde for ~$25. Not too bad. At least that's better than gamestop.

[quote name='tarouza']i love glyde, but it is strange sometimes, they have some obscure stuff, but dont have something major like Avatar DVD to sell[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone have posted a brand new dvd at this point? That doesn't really make any sense. At any rate decided to pick up Gears of War on Glyde for about 8$, came and might as well have been a brand new game. I can pretty well say that about all of my purchases thus far under "Excellent" condition.

[quote name='ZacharyW']Why would anyone have posted a brand new dvd at this point? That doesn't really make any sense. At any rate decided to pick up Gears of War on Glyde for about 8$, came and might as well have been a brand new game. I can pretty well say that about all of my purchases thus far under "Excellent" condition.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. I bought everything in "excellent". I was a little skeptical about buying "Good" since it may be a former rental. That could mean anything. Just look at Gamefly...

[quote name='ZacharyW']Why would anyone have posted a brand new dvd at this point? That doesn't really make any sense.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure he means it's weird that you can't sell it on Glyde. Look up Avatar, and they don't have a listing for it, yet.

[quote name='iRent']That's good to hear. I bought everything in "excellent". I was a little skeptical about buying "Good" since it may be a former rental. That could mean anything. Just look at Gamefly...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had purchased one game under "Good" condition as my first purchase obviously thinking of that gigantic .50 cents I could have saved. I received my game and it look like someone had bit into the case, why anyone would do that is beyond me.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I am pretty sure he means it's weird that you can't sell it on Glyde. Look up Avatar, and they don't have a listing for it, yet.[/QUOTE]

Right, Glyde seems to be much more up to date on games over DVDs, books, etc. Which I wouldn't complain about because I don't buy DVDs and most of my book purchases are done through Amazon so that I can utilize Prime.

I've put up:

(All in Excellent condition)

Xbox 360
Fable 2 - 10.25 (SOLD)
TNA Impact! - 3.25
NBA 2K9 - 6.50
NBA Street Homecourt - 3.75
Resident Evil 5 - 12.00

PSP
Medal of Honor Heroes - 6.50
NFL Street 2: Unleashed
NCAA Football 07 - 5.25
NBA Live 07 - 3.25
Madden 07 - 2.25
Burnout Legends - 9.25

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's my question: how do they dictate "market price"? Right now mine is the only "good" copy of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. It's priced at $7.50. There's an "excellent" copy at $9.00. They're saying "oh noes! ur game iz overpriced! Lower it to $6.50!" How do they figure?

[quote name='Skydude']So here's my question: how do they dictate "market price"? Right now mine is the only "good" copy of Naruto: Rise of a Ninja. It's priced at $7.50. There's an "excellent" copy at $9.00. They're saying "oh noes! ur game iz overpriced! Lower it to $6.50!" How do they figure?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, last night the site was being odd. I posted a game at the market price, it said mine would be the first sold. Then I looked and when i found the game for a sale it was a dollar less than I had posted. It was like that for all my games. Now it appears to be fixed

So I had ordered a copy of Mass Effect 2 for the 360 under the New condition for 39 dollars. It was suppose to be factory sealed never opened. I got it today just a few moments ago in fact. And of course the game wasn't factory sealed you could see that the sticker on the game was tampered with and lifted so the original owner could play the game and then try to close it back.

Really sucks cause now I have to pay to send the game back even know it was advertised falsely.

bread's done
Back