Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackr']I just put up 2 games for sale on Glyde, first time ever visiting the site let alone posting something for sale. Stupid question, but do they have a service charge for transferring funds to Paypal? I am pretty sure paypal can do a deposit for me to my account free of charge.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Glyde: Transaction Policies']Account Withdrawals

Via bank transfer FREE Via physical check $2.00[/QUOTE]

They don't do Paypal

Ah, thanks for the info. I might even find something I want to buy off glyde to use whatever funds accumulate. Who knows.

[quote name='Jackr']Ah, thanks for the info. I might even find something I want to buy off glyde to use whatever funds accumulate. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm a little skeptical of giving my bank info just to withdraw $10...If it were more I'd possibly consider since I'm cheap like that.

[quote name='theavuth']i bought before good prices on some games. fast shipping.[/QUOTE]

Haha, depends on the seller dude... :booty::whistle2:#:bomb:

[quote name='JaxMoney']Haha, depends on the seller dude... :booty::whistle2:#:bomb:[/QUOTE]

And when glyde sends out the mailers. I've sold games on consecutive days, then mailers show up at the same time. (At least this week they showed up faster than last...) It seems like glyde ships out the mailers on certain days of the week, otherwise I can't figure out why I only receive multiple mailers on the same day, instead of consecutively. Usually when I get the mailers, I drop it off at post office the same day.

Of course, my logic is, the sooner this gets shipped out the sooner I get my monies. (And I do like my monies!)

Seems really slow.I just bought Gun(360) and it says the game will arrive on the week of Monday,May 24.Lets see how this goes.

[quote name='aihuman']Seems really slow.I just bought Gun(360) and it says the game will arrive on the week of Monday,May 24.Lets see how this goes.[/QUOTE]

Same here... I'm hoping my second time around doesn't fail again.

i just shipped out POGO ISLAND for 24.95 after all fees they said it should get their monday or tuesday

up to 47.50 probally will request a check since i can use that cash to pick up

dawn of heroes and another psp game

[quote name='TallGuyMe']do they accept paypal yet?[/QUOTE]

No, but I use my PayPal debit card and that works out just fine.

I love Glyde, I've bought and sold several games through them and never had a problem.

I thought some prices were too good to be true at first, but it's the real deal. Goodbye Ebay.

just bought my first game there
No More Heroes $10 with shipping in Excellent condition (couldn't resist at that price)

but damn, May 25 is a long wait

[quote name='slidecage']too bad hasnt been a coupon i could use in months[/QUOTE]
?? "CAG10" was last month...

I've ordered around 4 things from Glyde now, and the shipping estimates aren't always correct. It usually only takes a week or less for it to get to my house.

Bleh, sold my first game on Glyde. A few days later, the buyer canceled his order, and I'm out $1.25. Really stupid that I'm charged the money for a fickle buyer. They either shouldn't allow someone to cancel their order after the mailer is sent, or the buyer should be fully responsible for fees resulting from them changing their mind (likewise, a seller should be fully responsible for the fees if they decide not to send the game.) It's left me pretty weary of using Glyde now. I realize $1.25 isn't much money, but it could definitely add up, especially since it could happen multiple times per game.

I'd likely make less money selling to Amazon or Gazelle, but at least I don't have to worry about being charged money for what is ultimately nothing. *sigh*

[quote name='Cantatus']Bleh, sold my first game on Glyde. A few days later, the buyer canceled his order, and I'm out $1.25. Really stupid that I'm charged the money for a fickle buyer. They either shouldn't allow someone to cancel their order after the mailer is sent, or the buyer should be fully responsible for fees resulting from them changing their mind (likewise, a seller should be fully responsible for the fees if they decide not to send the game.) It's left me pretty weary of using Glyde now. I realize $1.25 isn't much money, but it could definitely add up, especially since it could happen multiple times per game.

I'd likely make less money selling to Amazon or Gazelle, but at least I don't have to worry about being charged money for what is ultimately nothing. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I didn't even know you could cancel.

Just got notified that money was deposited in my account for games i sold on the ninth. Turnaround time seems to be getting faster, which works for me.

Hmm, tracking info just got updated and it's in a processing facility near my area... usually that means I will get it today. Will update further when I get it...

Got my game, no problem. Wished my first buy was like this one. Came in about a week or so. However, there were a few smudges of something on the disc, but I cleaned it off no problem. :roll:

Been about 5 days and haven't gotten my mailer, but my email says it will come midweek this week. So I'm guessing tomorrow sometime. Also, sold two more things: Chrono Trigger and Civilization Revolution.

Got my Uncharted 1 today. Took 12 days total (10days for the game to ship out). It was supposed to be in excellent condition...got a "not for resale" version with no manual...I hate getting incomplete games. Should I be a douche and return it lol?

[quote name='epicjas0n']Got my Uncharted 1 today. Took 12 days total (10days for the game to ship out). It was supposed to be in excellent condition...got a "not for resale" version with no manual...I hate getting incomplete games. Should I be a douche and return it lol?[/QUOTE]
Considering how long it took,yes you should be douche and return it.

[quote name='epicjas0n']Got my Uncharted 1 today. Took 12 days total (10days for the game to ship out). It was supposed to be in excellent condition...got a "not for resale" version with no manual...I hate getting incomplete games. Should I be a douche and return it lol?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'd be a douche by returning it, up to you if you wanna pay the fee though. The guy was an ass to list it as "excellent" in the first place..

So, I ended up emailing Glyde customer service and asked if I could be charged for a "good" condition game instead of "excellent" since my game didn't come with a manual. Glyde must've emailed the seller and the seller told Glyde that there was no manual and it was a 'not for resale' game. Glyde's policy is that 'not for resale' games aren't supposed to be sold so they're gonna return the game for me at no charge. Now I have to go find another cheap copy of Uncharted.

Just sold some games on Glyde to try it out, hope everything goes well. Their dispute policies don't seem very seller-friendly at all so I'm a bit nervous.

I dunno that I like the whole "Glyde mails you a mailer" thing. Obvious ripoff aside, it just makes the whole process take longer, which the buyers will probably blame on me.

Just got my copy of Gun in excellent condition,complete with manual. Thus far,I'm pleased with Glyde.Let see how my second purchase goes;Call of Juarez excellent conditon.

[quote name='worshipsf']I dunno that I like the whole "Glyde mails you a mailer" thing. Obvious ripoff aside, it just makes the whole process take longer, which the buyers will probably blame on me.[/QUOTE]

There's no feedback for Glyde, so there really isn't anything that they can "blame" on you.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There's no feedback for Glyde, so there really isn't anything that they can "blame" on you.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. Once a seller marks their shipment coming "not as described" they will flag your account for future occurrences. Don't know what happens if it happens too much though.

[quote name='Zarkon']That said, shipping is a bit high. Nearly $4 for a game? No.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes shipping doesn't kill the deal. Last night they had Mass Effect 2 used for $19.99, so $23.99+tax for that isn't too bad.

I listed NBA Live '08 ( Horrible game, I feel bad for anyone who plays it ) and within a few hours it was sold. They sent me the mailer in about 2 days. I like how easy it is to sell things on this site, you just list it and they already send you the mailer pre adressed and ready to go. I don't know how this would take a long time if the seller does what they're suppose to and ship within 24 hours. As for sellers lying about the condition of the item I can understand why people are pissed. I have a lot of old games/stuff lying around that would be a hassle on eBay to sell and this site is just making it all the easier to get rid of. I'm just trying it out until I have enough Glyde credit to get a Blu-Ray or something. I'm shipping it out now. I just hope the package doesn't get "lost" in the mail.

[quote name='justinq1']I listed NBA Live '08 ( Horrible game, I feel bad for anyone who plays it ) and within a few hours it was sold. They sent me the mailer in about 2 days. I like how easy it is to sell things on this site, you just list it and they already send you the mailer pre adressed and ready to go. I don't know how this would take a long time if the seller does what they're suppose to and ship within 24 hours. As for sellers lying about the condition of the item I can understand why people are pissed. I have a lot of old games/stuff lying around that would be a hassle on eBay to sell and this site is just making it all the easier to get rid of. I'm just trying it out until I have enough Glyde credit to get a Blu-Ray or something. I'm shipping it out now. I just hope the package doesn't get "lost" in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like I said, Glyde is the best for selling. It's not as big of a market as eBay/Amazon, but it gets it done and sometimes better. I posted Borderlands for PS3 on there late night, and the next morning it was sold. Currently waiting on the mailer. They do deduct fees like Amazon/eBay, but it's easier to sell on Glyde IMO. Will be selling more in the future. Buying is good too, but you never know when you're going to get stiffed by a half-ass seller.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I just picked up " Skate 3 " NEW for $44 :D I already had around $31 in credit so I got a new release for only $13

awesome[/QUOTE]

Dude, I was planning to do that too lol... great price. Let me know how it goes.

EDIT: Awww fuck, they raised the price to $60 wtf.

They didn't raise it. One seller had it for sale for $44, Chewy up there bought it, so the next one available is from a seller selling it for $60.

[quote name='Mizzou75']They didn't raise it. One seller had it for sale for $44, Chewy up there bought it, so the next one available is from a seller selling it for $60.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, damn lol... bastard! :cry:

[quote name='iRent']Yes there is. Once a seller marks their shipment coming "not as described" they will flag your account for future occurrences. Don't know what happens if it happens too much though.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually read what I quoted? You should actually have a reference for what you're talking about before you attempt to "correct" someone.

Update on my $.50 NBA Live '10:
Never shipped and was refunded my money today. Ah well, not a big deal, but I was hoping to get it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']There's no feedback for Glyde, so there really isn't anything that they can "blame" on you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not directly, but indirectly it might affect things. For instance:

[quote name='aihuman']Considering how long it took,yes you should be douche and return it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Did you actually read what I quoted? You should actually have a reference for what you're talking about before you attempt to "correct" someone.[/QUOTE]

Sorry my attempt at a correction was out of place. You guys were referring to delays. I read blame and assumed a little too much. Must have comprehended it wrong at the time.

bread's done
Back