Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugggggh. It's happening to me again. I bought just cause 2 for $31.00, on the 22 and the ETA is the 5th. WTF, thats two weeks from now, at first i was pissed and got over it but, I keep checking the shipping info and it hasn't changed in the last 5 days. i had the same trouble with my last game Final Fantasy 13, were the shipping didn't change until last minute. wtf is going on.

[quote name='LifelessHaseo']Ugggggh. It's happening to me again. I bought just cause 2 for $31.00, on the 22 and the ETA is the 5th. WTF, thats two weeks from now, at first i was pissed and got over it but, I keep checking the shipping info and it hasn't changed in the last 5 days. i had the same trouble with my last game Final Fantasy 13, were the shipping didn't change until last minute. wtf is going on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it takes a while man... especially if the seller lags it. Arrival time is anywhere between 7-14 days. If it hits the 14 days mark or so... chances are your seller flaked and they'll be issuing you a refund. It's frustrating... been through it twice now. 1st time I didn't get my game and waited for nothing... 2nd time finally got my game around a week.

My first purchase was a great experience, though I may just be lucky. I ordered Wario Land: Shake It for $11 used ship in supposed immaculate condition. The estimated arrival time was a week, but it only took 5 days, and the item was indeed immaculate. I hope I can do further business with them :)

[quote name='JaxMoney']Yeah, it takes a while man... especially if the seller lags it. Arrival time is anywhere between 7-14 days. If it hits the 14 days mark or so... chances are your seller flaked and they'll be issuing you a refund. It's frustrating... been through it twice now. 1st time I didn't get my game and waited for nothing... 2nd time finally got my game around a week.[/QUOTE]

This is the first time though that the ETA was two weeks instead of a week. Im going to check later on in the day and pray it will change today.

[quote name='LifelessHaseo']This is the first time though that the ETA was two weeks instead of a week. Im going to check later on in the day and pray it will change today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all I can say from experience and others' is don't trust the ETA lol... it sucks, I know... but all you can really do is pray that it updates because it's pretty much hit or miss. Some people's have updated, some doesn't...

[quote name='JaxMoney']Yeah, like I said, Glyde is the best for selling. It's not as big of a market as eBay/Amazon, but it gets it done and sometimes better. I posted Borderlands for PS3 on there late night, and the next morning it was sold. Currently waiting on the mailer. They do deduct fees like Amazon/eBay, but it's easier to sell on Glyde IMO. Will be selling more in the future. Buying is good too, but you never know when you're going to get stiffed by a half-ass seller.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they make selling so simple. You don't pay anything out of your pocket basically seeing as they deduct it from your sale price. Glyde makes it easier to sell games of low value as well. I try to be as honest as possible when listing an item, but I can't say other sellers do the same. Thats what gives sites like Glyde bad reputations, it's not the service, it's the stupid sellers who try to make a few extra bucks by stretching the truth.

Has anyone ever had this problem: getting two of the exact same envelopes with the exact same tracking number and getting envelopes that do not match any of your orders?

Just sold a few more games today! I love glyde, so much simpler than ebay, just no auctions and having people bid up, but glyde makes my life so much simpler since I'm working full time.

Just ordered Alan Wake in Excellent condition for $35.71 (all credit from trades) after DTAKER3 coupon :) Will update this thread when I can receive the game

[quote name='life.exe']Quick. Someone put up Blur for below $50 and I'll buy it. ;)[/QUOTE]

I second this, Lol.

Has anyone sold something on Glyde with tracking showing the final message as below? If so did Glyde handle the transaction as a lost item if buyer claimed not to have received the game?

Waiting on response from Glyde but starting to think I'm going to end up with half my sale price.

Delivery status not updated as of May 24, 2010, 9:47 pm
bullet_circle.gif
Out for Delivery or Available at PO Box, May 24, 2010, 7:47 am, FL

Update: Thanks for responses and Got my funds, looks like their system isn't setup to handle that message. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Biuevenom -
I had that issue with my first sale on Glyde. I waited a day or two, then email customer service. They sent an email to the buyer. The buyer did not respond within two days, so they released the money to me (similar to if the item had been delivered and the confirm contents/condition email had been sent).

[quote name='Buzzman']is there any working code for returning users?[/QUOTE]

glyde5

5% off. Not much I know. I'm waiting until they put another one up.

[quote name='oldboy26']i think dtaker3 works for returning users too, but i don't know since i used that as my first code *smacks forehead*[/QUOTE]

only for first purchases. If it worked I'd be buying something right now...

[quote name='iRent']only for first purchases. If it worked I'd be buying something right now...[/QUOTE]

open a new account under another name...what i did

[quote name='proatthis26']Can anyone tell me why i cant sell super mario galaxy 2????:cry::cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']They dont want your money, haha j/k .[/QUOTE]

There's at least 2 SMG2 for sale now. New and Excellent conditions...

I had purchased one game and sold 4-5 without a hitch; everything went as it should.

I dropped two orders with my built up credit on 5/25, and I am beginning to think they are both going to be no-ships. They were "expected" on 6/2, so I am not counting them out just yet. But I sold games two days later than that, and mine have already arrived and I have been credited.

I know that I will get my money back if they never shipped, so I am not worried about that. But the fact that it may prove to be unreliable from a buying standpoint may cause me to transfer my credit to my bank account and shop elsewhere.

They probably need to add a function like goozex has that lets the seller accept/decline before the trade is locked in. Instead of just sending the mailer out as soon as I click buy.

[quote name='gnargnargnar']I had purchased one game and sold 4-5 without a hitch; everything went as it should.

I dropped two orders with my built up credit on 5/25, and I am beginning to think they are both going to be no-ships. They were "expected" on 6/2, so I am not counting them out just yet. But I sold games two days later than that, and mine have already arrived and I have been credited.

I know that I will get my money back if they never shipped, so I am not worried about that. But the fact that it may prove to be unreliable from a buying standpoint may cause me to transfer my credit to my bank account and shop elsewhere.

They probably need to add a function like goozex has that lets the seller accept/decline before the trade is locked in. Instead of just sending the mailer out as soon as I click buy.[/QUOTE]

Were they even shipped yet? There should be tracking numbers displayed on the order page so you can track them and see if the sellers have even sent them out or not.

Edit: Also if you purchased them on the 25th then Glyde most likely sent the envelopes either Wednesday or Thursday, so the sellers might not have even got them until Friday at the earliest, or more likely Tuesday. Since they'd be stuck in transit during the weekend and Monday(holiday).

[quote name='crr_1119']Were they even shipped yet? There should be tracking numbers displayed on the order page so you can track them and see if the sellers have even sent them out or not.

Edit: Also if you purchased them on the 25th then Glyde most likely sent the envelopes either Wednesday or Thursday, so the sellers might not have even got them until Friday at the earliest, or more likely Tuesday. Since they'd be stuck in transit during the weekend and Monday(holiday).[/QUOTE]

The tracking information just gives the general "Electronic Shipping Info Received" message that you get before it has been scanned in by USPS for both games. That has not changed since date of purchase.

And I did take the holiday delay into account, but I sold a game on the 27th and one on the 28th, and both have already arrived, been approved, and I have been credited. Tracking information showed them both moving the same day I dropped them into the mail.

I am not really that concerned over it, though I was looking forward to what I had purchased. I am just wondering how long I should wait before I try contacting Glyde about it.

Yea I know how you feel. But I'd give it maybe a few more days and see what happens, 'cause from my experience with selling on Glyde I've noticed the envelopes never come on time really. Except on a few occasions. But a couple of times I've sold things on say Monday, and the mailer didn't come until Friday. So I couldn't send it out until then.

I ordered Brutal Legend PS3 and used the dtaker3 code. I got an email a few hours later saying that the seller couldn't send and that Id be getting a refund. It would not let me use the code again.

I tried creating a new account and using dtaker3, but the order wouldn't go through. However, GLYDE2 did work. GLYDE2 is $2 off. I'm not going to complain about a $1 difference.

[quote name='warpedsoul']I ordered Brutal Legend PS3 and used the dtaker3 code. I got an email a few hours later saying that the seller couldn't send and that Id be getting a refund. It would not let me use the code again.

I tried creating a new account and using dtaker3, but the order wouldn't go through. However, GLYDE2 did work. GLYDE2 is $2 off. I'm not going to complain about a $1 difference.[/QUOTE]

Email Glyde, and they should send you another $3 code. That's what they did for me, but for another issue where the buyer didn't pull through (my first purchase).

On another note, still waiting for my money for Borderlands... been a week now, so yeah... selling time is just as bad as buying turn-around time lol. Kinda sucks, but it's ok I guess.

I've sold and purchased at least two items each and have had reasonable experiences. With a little patience everything goes well.

[quote name='JaxMoney']Email Glyde, and they should send you another $3 code. That's what they did for me, but for another issue where the buyer didn't pull through (my first purchase).

On another note, still waiting for my money for Borderlands... been a week now, so yeah... selling time is just as bad as buying turn-around time lol. Kinda sucks, but it's ok I guess.[/QUOTE]

I didn't feel like waiting on support over $1. I will do that though for my next purchase.

This is my first time selling on Glyde and I have one question.

With a Gamestop used stickers on the case, would it be considered in a good condition even though I have the cover art, manual, and game plays fine? Thanks.

Just got my Left 4 Dead in the mail for $8 shipped. I'm glad. Came with case and was in perfect condition as the seller had described. Now to get Left 4 dead 2...

And on another note: Left 4 Dead is a LOT better on the computer imo.. but yea, shooters are 10x better on pc anyways lol

Damn it, sorta got click-happy and ordered Wario Ware:Shake It! in Good condition instead of excellent like I intended. There is a cancel link right after purchase, but I didn't realize what I had done until closing the tab. I can't find any way to cancel it now; emailed support but no word yet, and I don't know that anything can be done.

It was like .25 more to get excellent. I'm so kicking myself for not paying enough attention.

However, the site is very slick, definitely deserves the name Glyde, as it's like a two click and your done deal. I hope the Metroid Prime 3 I ordered is in the excellent condition stated :D

So when selling a game, (for this specific game) it says 'Your proceeds will be $14.05'. That is the final amount I will receive as a seller, right? The amount they take off (selling the game for $17) includes the 10% listing fee and the cost of the shipping/mailer.

Also, how do they come up with the Market Price? Should I just use the recommended price or try to go above?

[quote name='BriGuy27']So when selling a game, (for this specific game) it says 'Your proceeds will be $14.05'. That is the final amount I will receive as a seller, right? The amount they take off (selling the game for $17) includes the 10% listing fee and the cost of the shipping/mailer.

Also, how do they come up with the Market Price? Should I just use the recommended price or try to go above?[/QUOTE]

if you go above they say your items may not sell but 2 of my 4 items went higher then market price

[quote name='BriGuy27']So when selling a game, (for this specific game) it says 'Your proceeds will be $14.05'. That is the final amount I will receive as a seller, right? The amount they take off (selling the game for $17) includes the 10% listing fee and the cost of the shipping/mailer.

Also, how do they come up with the Market Price? Should I just use the recommended price or try to go above?[/QUOTE]

Yes, your proceeds is the final amount you'll get. Market price is usually the average, or highest price of sellers for the same game. If it's a newer game, I would recommend a $1 margin... if it's older, I would try to go a bit lower or leave it at market price.

So, Glyde came through and was able to cancel my order for a good copy of warioland, and even linked to the excellent copy in the email. Very nice to see someone read my email and didn't just reply with a script. I've picked up 4 games, now let's see what arrives ;)

Have had poor experience so far on my one and only transaction on Glyde.com. Found a buyer for FIFA 10 for PS3. Received the mailer and send it the next day as instructed. Postal Service lists it as having processed but not delivered. That was on May 27.

USPS is trying to track it down but has requested the shipping address. Unfortunately, the only place to find that is on the original mailer. It isn't listed anywhere in my account. Have asked Glyde for help with this with no response to date.

Multiple emails to Glyde have gone unanswered. They haven't even acknowledged that they've received an email from me.

I'll give everyone the benefit of the doubt and assume the item has been delivered. However, unless the buyer acknowledges receipt and condition, I don't get my money.

In cases where the item is presumed lost by the USPS, buyer and seller split the cost. Nice deal for the buyer if you ask me.

So a word of warning. There is little protection, unlike eBay and others, if a deal goes south.

Got my Alan wake ($35, Excellent condition) and it arrived... Flawless! Ha even the unused DLC code was in there. So far I've had 6 successful transactions with Glyde and I'll continue to buy and sell through them. By far the easiest site to deal with, even though shipping is a bit slow (not that that can change)

bread's done
Back