Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Glyde's prices seem OK, I think there's some solid deals on there. A lot of the games seem to be right around the range of eBay I noticed (Bad Company 2, Need For Speed Shift)

Every experience I've had with Glyde has not been pleasant so far. First I've got stuff listed to sell and then I would delist and they would still sell it after the fact, then charge me for the shipping envelope when it wasn't even listed on my side! That has happened 2-3 times now which is annoying when they charge you $1.50 for it even though it's their fault. Their customer service is worthless too, I send professional emails to them inquiring about it and they offer no resolution. Then recently I tried to buy my first product from Glyde and tried to use the promo coupon but it wouldn't apply.

It's a great idea, but it's run by a bunch of monkeys. Get adequate staff to manage it and someone that understands customer service and it'll grow even quicker.

I had the same thing happen to me. I had an item listed, I de-listed it, and a few days later I get an email that it sold and I was charged for the mailer. BASTARDS!

I purchased Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner (the original) for around $18. It shipped fast and is in hand now. I've had a good experience with Glyde and purchased 2 more games today.

[quote name='converse']Every experience I've had with Glyde has not been pleasant so far. First I've got stuff listed to sell and then I would delist and they would still sell it after the fact, then charge me for the shipping envelope when it wasn't even listed on my side! That has happened 2-3 times now which is annoying when they charge you $1.50 for it even though it's their fault. Their customer service is worthless too, I send professional emails to them inquiring about it and they offer no resolution. Then recently I tried to buy my first product from Glyde and tried to use the promo coupon but it wouldn't apply.

It's a great idea, but it's run by a bunch of monkeys. Get adequate staff to manage it and someone that understands customer service and it'll grow even quicker.[/QUOTE]

I've never had that problem. De-listed stuff around 10 times and sold I think 30-40 games so far. Also I had good experience with customer service, they promptly released the money when there were slight problems with USPS delivery.

[quote name='SniperREX']I've never had that problem. De-listed stuff around 10 times and sold I think 30-40 games so far. Also I had good experience with customer service, they promptly released the money when there were slight problems with USPS delivery.[/QUOTE]

It might just be random then, although there is that guy right beneath my post that had the same experience.

I want this to work, but I've been very disappointed by it so far. I have sold a number of items through them and can see the good side of it. I wish I would have thought of the idea to do it myself!

[quote name='converse']It might just be random then, although there is that guy right beneath my post that had the same experience.

I want this to work, but I've been very disappointed by it so far. I have sold a number of items through them and can see the good side of it. I wish I would have thought of the idea to do it myself![/QUOTE]

Maybe you "sold" the game while or just before you completed the de-listing.

[quote name='SniperREX']Maybe you "sold" the game while or just before you completed the de-listing.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't even within 24 hours of de-listing it. I keep a pretty tight inventory, I know what I've got because I don't have much listed there. When I asked customer service about it they didn't offer any options for resolving it, which was just poor quality if you ask me. At a minimum they could have comped me the charge but they probably don't have the ability to verify any of this stuff and they aren't concerned about keeping sellers happy.

One time I sold a game on Glyde that I had traded in earlier that day and I e-mailed them right away telling them I just got rid of it and they thanked me for my quick response and didn't charge me for the mail. I've had nothing but good experiences with their CS>

[quote name='Taboner']How long does it typically take for someone to buy your games?[/QUOTE]
It took exactly 7 days from time I ordered to get my games, not bad they said it would take 10 days bought two games. Both came exactly as described.

[quote name='converse']maybe i shouldn't start my emails with "hey jerkie" or "hey chisel chest"[/quote]

hey loverlips this is frank rizzo r i z z o

[quote name='nnthomas']hey loverlips this is frank rizzo r i z z o[/QUOTE]
Hey chisel chest, my son bought this game but it came with a friggn CD, how do I put this record in my kids Ninetentoes? Don't yank me around jerkie, my kids want their Ninetentoes!

Sold about 30 items on Glyde. I always try to ship within twenty four hours of receiving my envelopes, but I've had two instances where the envelopes haven't arrived for a long time, but as soon as I contact customer service they always send one out right away. So That is why some transactions take longer than others. It confuses me how some mailers arrive in 1-2 days while others never arrive or arrive like 20 days later.

I emailed and made the suggestion today that they should allow sellers to use their own shipping/packaging to expedite the process. If they reimbursed $3-4 for it, I'd gladly just ship my stuff off immediately when it sold. The speed might not be a big issue for them, but it's a good way to shave some days off the time and improve customer satisfaction.

I've purchased 2 items recently and have another purchase in process. I got a pretty awesome deal on Star Wars KOTOR (< $15) and it was in excellent condition. So far my experience has been very good. The mailer shipping does seem to be the biggest hang up, but if that helps them track items better, it's a minor inconvenience for me.

All I know is, when I buy from Glyde, I know I'm getting a nice white envelope with the Glyde logo. That's the Glyde promise.

[quote name='sadboy']All I know is, when I buy from Glyde, I know I'm getting a nice white envelope with the Glyde logo. That's the Glyde promise.[/QUOTE]

lmao

[quote name='Jhuntley']Got Silent Hill Shattered Memories 9.72 (umd only copy). Used the DTAKER3 code to get 3 dollars off.[/QUOTE]
...And they canceled my order. At least I got another $3 coupon.:cry:

[quote name='Jhuntley']...And they canceled my order. At least I got another $3 coupon.:cry:[/QUOTE]
Any idea why? I just used that code with Street Fighter 4 to cut that shipping down.

i ordered way of the samurai from them and i put the code but forgot to hit apply and didnt know it was a 1 click option

i email them and they never got back to me -__- i've heard that their CS is crap but damn not even an automated message?

[quote name='Goatbuster']Any idea why? I just used that code with Street Fighter 4 to cut that shipping down.[/QUOTE]

The seller just didn't want to sell it anymore, or something along those lines.

thats kind of annoying. Why have AE as a state option when it says afterwords "sorry, we can only ship to the continental US"? They had a good price on a used Super Robot Taisen Endless Frontier...

Just got my copy of Alan Wake (in near mint condition I might add) yesterday for $33 shipped. It even has the code for free dlc unused o_O

So far my glyde experience has been 100% positive. Great site.

Yesterday my account got suspended. I emailed them right after and today I got a response saying it was an error on their part. I was in the process of buying something, but they canceled my order. As an apology, they gave me $3.81 credit on my next purchase :)

Didn't see this coupon mentioned (I read the last few pages, maybe it was mentioned way before but I didn't find anything so it can't hurt to bring it up):

g10off20 - 10% off $20+ games thru 8/31/10

I added it to my cart, but I don't have a $20 item in there, and it told me I needed a minimum $20 purchase (makes sense).

Then added $17 item, which with shipping is over $20, and it told me the coupon was invalid.

Finally added $27 item, and it applied no problem.

So, coupon seems to work as it should, and I can't afford to try it any further than i have (ie completing the sale :p)

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Didn't see this coupon mentioned (I read the last few pages, maybe it was mentioned way before but I didn't find anything so it can't hurt to bring it up):

g10off20 - 10% off $20+ games thru 8/31/10

I added it to my cart, but I don't have a $20 item in there, and it told me I needed a minimum $20 purchase (makes sense).

Then added $17 item, which with shipping is over $20, and it told me the coupon was invalid.

Finally added $27 item, and it applied no problem.

So, coupon seems to work as it should, and I can't afford to try it any further than i have (ie completing the sale :p)[/QUOTE]

You can only use this once it seems, I used it and tried to use again no go!

Just started an account last night, I posted a bunch of Xbox and xbox360 games on there, I sold 2 overnight and 3 today, thought most dont sell for a ton because they are old but oh well its money towards other games, and its might fault for being a packrat in the past and never trading games.

Yeah after getting my first two games fast and perfect, I went for another Just Cause 2 360 exellent condition 29.71 shipped after g10off20 coupon. I'm going to buy a lot more games there if I can get fairly new release in great condition for half the price.

I am getting sick and tired of this bullshit !! The last 3 games I have purchased from them never came !! I got my money back but I am just a little ticked off :(

I don't understand what people get from not posting their games! It's certainly not glyde's fault when games don't get sent, but you don't get paid until the buyer has received it, so what's the motivation here?
This only happened to me once, so it's pretty unlucky to have it happen multiple times. The only thing that's annoyed me is that when I went to buy the game that never arrived the price had gone up by $8 so I didn't bother and got something else.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I am getting sick and tired of this bullshit !! The last 3 games I have purchased from them never came !! I got my money back but I am just a little ticked off :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I am getting sick and tired of this bullshit !! The last 3 games I have purchased from them never came !! I got my money back but I am just a little ticked off :([/QUOTE]

Some sellers are just asses, I just bought a game in excellent condition and it came 4 days later than the estimated date. (Which happens NBD) Open it up and no manual inside. They never should have listed it that way, but it is not worth it to me to pay the $2.50 to have it returned and wait for my account to get credited. Some people just don't get it, like people who price things badly. I am not going to pay $19 dollars for Resident Evil 5 and wait 7 to 10 days for it to come in the mail! I will go to gamestop and get it now for cheaper.

Well, I've had 19 good transactions with Glyde but I'm having my 1st iffy experience. I sold a sealed copy of GTA:LCS for PSP and it made it all the way to the destination in TX and was sent out for delivery on July 30th but the damn USPS never updated it after that to show if it was delivered or if it "fell off the truck". So now I'm stuck in limbo waiting for resolution. I emailed Glyde Customer Service yesterday, but as of right now I have still not heard back from them. Here's hoping I don't get stuck losing out on 50% of the proceeds from my sale.

I could kick myself. I wasn't that familiar with Glyde and how their "stock" works at all so I slept on ordering a brand dew copy of NCAA 11 for PS3 last week. It was listed at like $46 (with shipping) plus I found a coupon code for 10% off. I kept procrastinating thinking that price would be good for a while. Wrong. Two days later I went to pull the trigger and the price was like $61 and has been since. fuck.

After selling a few items on glyde, I finally made my first purchase (Fallout 3 Broken Steel/Point Lookout xbox 360). It arrived before the expected date and the game is in 'like new' condition. Very happy with the purchase.

Just received my first purchase from Glyde. I bought an "excellent edition" copy of Front Mission for the DS on 7/29, very late in the day. Glyde estimated the delivery to be 8/10, and then changed the delivery to 8/7 a few days after the day I purchased it. I just got it today, so several days before the estimated date, and it is in very good condition. This was a very easy process and I will be using them again.

Im still waiting for COD4 for 360 that i bought on 7/29..the estimated shipping date is 8/10..plus the tracking hasnt been updated yet but ill be patient

[quote name='mailman27']Well, I've had 19 good transactions with Glyde but I'm having my 1st iffy experience. I sold a sealed copy of GTA:LCS for PSP and it made it all the way to the destination in TX and was sent out for delivery on July 30th but the damn USPS never updated it after that to show if it was delivered or if it "fell off the truck". So now I'm stuck in limbo waiting for resolution. I emailed Glyde Customer Service yesterday, but as of right now I have still not heard back from them. Here's hoping I don't get stuck losing out on 50% of the proceeds from my sale.[/QUOTE]

You should get the credit as soon as they reply to you. It happened to me a couple of times that the USPS status was not updated to delivered. You're gonna get the money eventually, unless the buyer complains that he/she hasn't received the game.

Site looks good and has some great deals... Seeing it seems pretty new has the overall experience been fairlt positive with ordering and getting something mailed to you in a reasonabale time?

Thanks

Seems like all of the promo codes have expired because I can't find anything better than a 5% off code to use. If I could knock $3 off an order I'd be buying some stuff from Glyde...

[quote name='converse']Seems like all of the promo codes have expired because I can't find anything better than a 5% off code to use. If I could knock $3 off an order I'd be buying some stuff from Glyde...[/QUOTE]

I was playing around this morning and the $2off was working.

bread's done
Back