Glyde.com - New and Used Games [No Current Codes]

Coper3000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
www.glyde.com

(Revolving games by different sellers.)

Current Codes/Promotions

Enter code 'endofsummer11sale' at the product page to receive $5 off on all games, movies, books, cds, etc. (Minimum $7.00 order)

[working as of 08/27]

Condition of games: "You can find more about the condition of an item by hovering your mouse pointer over the little gray circle with an "i" in it. It's a bit small, I agree, but basically, "Excellent" means the disc, case, and instructions appear almost new and "Good" means the disc may have light scratches from normal wear, but the case may be a little banged up or replaced and it may even be a formal rental. In all cases though, the game must play perfectly".

Last edited by a moderator:
Small rant here but I'm a lil pissed off that this is the 3rd time I bought a game off of Glyde and supposedly in Excellent Condition but its not. (Case beat up, greasy fingers in the case, sticker residue on front case which makes me suspect it came from GS and finger prints on the disc.) I really cant send the game back cause I prolly get $2.00 back after all the fees but I''m fucking fed up how these sellers are not selling their games according to the condition that they are in. I think I'm done using their services, it was fun while it lasted but I really don't want to risk another transaction of which I dealt with thrice already. FUUUUUUCCCKKK!!!

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Small rant here but I'm a lil pissed off that this is the 3rd time I bought a game off of Glyde and supposedly in Excellent Condition but its not. (Case beat up, greasy fingers in the case, sticker residue on front case which makes me suspect it came from GS and finger prints on the disc.) I really cant send the game back cause I prolly get $2.00 back after all the fees but I''m fucking fed up how these sellers are not selling their games according to the condition that they are in. I think I'm done using their services, it was fun while it lasted but I really don't want to risk another transaction of which I dealt with thrice already. FUUUUUUCCCKKK!!![/QUOTE]

I would also be upset if a game came with greasy fingers in the case. They would probably be gross by the time they got to me.

[quote name='sabanoo']I would also be upset if a game came with greasy fingers in the case. They would probably be gross by the time they got to me.[/QUOTE]

Greasy finger prints lol! Yea, whateva, its bullshit, arrrrrrrgggg...

I ordered Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs for Xbox 360 for my sons birthday. After 20 days passed I still do not have the game. I looked everywhere for a contact number and they do not have one, so the only way to contact them is through email. I contacted through email and let them know they charged me for shipping and this item was for my sons birthday and that I wanted my money back. They gave me the run around for a few days and placed blame on a seller that me as a customer had no way of contacting or rating at all. They finally told me they were going to give me a refund and talk to the seller to find out what happened. As of right now I don't have my money and my son will not get the gift he asked for for his birthday. Me personally I will never buy from the site again because I don't see a need to use a "Middle Man" to purchase something from a seller. There are PLENTY of sites that allow you to rate them, give you contact info, and allow you to deal with the seller directly.

[quote name='jason101279']I ordered Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs for Xbox 360 for my sons birthday. After 20 days passed I still do not have the game. I looked everywhere for a contact number and they do not have one, so the only way to contact them is through email. I contacted through email and let them know they charged me for shipping and this item was for my sons birthday and that I wanted my money back. They gave me the run around for a few days and placed blame on a seller that me as a customer had no way of contacting or rating at all. They finally told me they were going to give me a refund and talk to the seller to find out what happened. As of right now I don't have my money and my son will not get the gift he asked for for his birthday. Me personally I will never buy from the site again because I don't see a need to use a "Middle Man" to purchase something from a seller. There are PLENTY of sites that allow you to rate them, give you contact info, and allow you to deal with the seller directly.[/QUOTE]

though I totally understand where you're coming from, I like them a lot and still recommend them because they are good in the customer service. It's always good to know how the place of business, well, does business . In a place of business like glyde, you cannot buy an item when you know that you need it at a certain time. To plus side is that you get the item at a decent price.

Gonna try to use that coupon right now.

Just want to say I've never had a bad transaction in over 10 purchases. Twice the seller hasn't shipped the item, and both times Glyde contacted ME asking if I had gotten it because their records indicated I didn't. Both times I simply checked a box that said no, and they got me a refund immediately.

Can anyone explain to me how selling on Glyde works? Just for fun I looked up the price of a new copy of SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 for PSP and it's selling for $27. I clicked on sell, and it wouldn't let me price a new copy higher than $13. Is there something I'm missing?

[quote name='rainking187']Can anyone explain to me how selling on Glyde works? Just for fun I looked up the price of a new copy of SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3 for PSP and it's selling for $27. I clicked on sell, and it wouldn't let me price a new copy higher than $13. Is there something I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

You can select a higher price but the reason why there's a higher price for buying the game is due to the fact that the seller entered in their price prior to a market price change. The market price will drop every now and then preventing you from pricing the item to high. Which is good and bad, good because it's prevents Glyde from becoming a shitstorm like eBay and it's bad for sellers because market price isn't always correct.

Basically Glyde determines a market price, a seller will post that they wish to sell the item and when a buyer is found. Glyde will mail the seller a prepaid shipping package that has the buyers information on it, the seller put theirs game in there and it ships to the seller. Glyde tracks the item with the tracking system and will pay you when the item is shipped/confirmed by the buyer. If the buyer doesn't confirm it will pay you out after a certain period of time. I've never had a dispute with anyone so I don't know how that process goes.

[quote name='gregorymontilla']how long would it take to get paid if the buyer doesnt confirm? sold a game and it got delivered and it still says pending transaction.[/QUOTE]

I think they give 48 hours for the buyer to verify it works and is in fact what it should be. After 48 hours they auto verify if the buyer hasn't at that point.

[quote name='gregorymontilla']ive been waiting about 4 das and i havent gotten paid. should i be worrying?[/QUOTE]

Send an email to Glyde support. This happened to me a while ago. My game was delivered but I just never got paid. The USPS DC# said it was delivered for me but here's the reply they gave me:

"It appears that U.S. Postal Service never updated us with the delivery confirmation scan notice for . In the majority of cases, a proper delivery confirmation scan is received, and the transaction carries on as normal. In this case, however, we have heard nothing from the buyer inquiring about the order's status, so I have closed this transaction and your proceeds should post to your account by the end of the day."

They were quick to get back to me (same day) and I got the money a little later.

[quote name='Duncanzits']The have a bunch of new release games for some good prices with this coupon. It's like a free shipping code.[/QUOTE]

What coupon?

For everybody thinking it's a scam, I have bought and sold at least 40 games there and have never had a problem. It is run by the former head of ebay motors.

[quote name='Shizaam']For everybody thinking it's a scam, I have bought and sold at least 40 games there and have never had a problem. It is run by the former head of ebay motors.[/QUOTE]

Anytime a new coupon code pops up for glyde everyone questions the validitiy of the site.

I've sold 124 items on Glyde in the past 18 months now, and I can't say I haven't had my problems along the way. I only tried to purchase a couple of items before I figured out that it was not as reliable as a buyer as Glyde puts equal responsibility on the buyer as the seller on returns which works to the sellers advantage. A seller can put an item of questionable quality up for sale and if the buyer wants to return it then they have to split the bill with the seller. Most of the time it's just cheaper to keep to lower quality game than pay the cost to return it unless it's grossly off in condition.

In the same regard I've had "buyers" that would return items to me that was not what I sent, so they have disadvantages on both sides. Another advantage that can be skewed to the buyer is that it's very easy to downgrade the value on a game and drive the price down. Glyde restricts the high end of their pricing, so if you wanted Halo Reach you could put a really low price on a dummy account, which would drive the price down, and then no one would be able to sell a certain percentage above that price after that. It's another glitch in their system and I'm not sure what they do about resetting the value of a game, they might rebase the values on a monthly basis.

I would consider purchasing on Glyde to be somewhat riskier than other sites like eBay, Amazon, Half, or even Goozex because there is more accountability for the seller on those sites. Glyde has no true accountability system on either the buyer or seller, and that's what I've seen exploited as mentioned above. But if you are in the queue to buy the games I have listed, please buy! :)

Glyde is great ! I've used it twice and I got the game both times complete in the condition I brought it for. It sucks zelda is over 32 on glyde. Even with the code it isn't in mg price range yet

what I'd like to know is how people are able to "pre-order" games (not sure about other items) but not list games that are not out yet.

I have been a member for probably a year (next Saturday will be a year since my first item sold) and have had maybe 3 or 4 issues. Each time CS helped me out so I didn't have to eat any fees for a failed transaction.

It's a good site and company. But like someone else said it's very easy to game the system since anyone can create an account to drive the prices down. I used to sell stuff on there all of the time but I started using Craigslist instead because it was more profitable for me.

The one thing I don't like is how they set the market ceiling for all games. I had a game that one no had for months and when I tried to sell it capped me out at their old price which was very low.

[quote name='Naramie']

The one thing I don't like is how they set the market ceiling for all games. I had a game that one no had for months and when I tried to sell it capped me out at their old price which was very low.[/QUOTE]

Its not just games, its everything that has pricing issues. Dvds are priced so low you can't sell them. The used and new blu-rays are way too overpriced. The book section also has pricing issues. Sometimes overpriced, sometimes market value. I wouldn't recommend buying books through glyde anyway. The information in descriptions for some books are inaccurate or missing. (Note: I have purchased books before but that was for something that I knew had only one edition and was super easy to identify.)

Game prices need adjusting to market values. Ultimately by not doing this they're losing out on money. Its beyond me why they haven't realized this and made adjustments.

Picked up an "excellent" copy of Haunting Ground a week ago from Glyde. The game thankfully came as described and I manage to finally get my hands on the game without paying the crazy ebay prices. Though the Glyde service is bare bones from the buyers perspective, I would use them again as their price ceiling makes it possible to get out of print games for a fair price.

This site is legit!! I have bought about 10 items from Glyde.com and only had an issue once. During that transaction Glyde refunded my money almost right away, so I will be using them again in the future.

[quote name='cheeky']Glyde sucks. Everything i have ever ordered has been canceled.[/QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with Glyde that it got cancelled and falls 100% on the seller. Not fair to say the site sucks due to poor sellers

Thanks to whoever pointed out Red Dead Undead for $8. I picked that up the other day. I'm becoming a big fan of Glyde. They've been awesome when I've run into issues as a seller and I've had good experiences as a buyer (so far).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So games that say excellent condition, do they actually come like that?[/QUOTE]

The ones that I've bought (and sold) have been. There is always the chance that the seller could misrepresent the condition though. Glyde has no control before you get something so no one but the seller would know until you reported it.

Signed up and used the code for an "excellent" condition game. When it arrives I'll mention my observation on it.

I only sell stuff on Glyde and have had to ask CS to cancel some transactions for me since I couldn't fulfill them (due to issues with their wonky ass system) and they've always helped me out.

I'm not a huge fan of how the site is run, but their customer service is amazing and helpful.

I have been using Glyde on and off for a year and a half now. 21 sale transactions all went smoothly. Out of 9 purchases, 3 so far were not shipped by the seller, though I got my money back.

Since an item can be listed for sale forever, I think a lot of what happens is that someone will put an item up, be undercut for months as the value of the game drops, then either due to all others selling or the value of the game spiking, suddenly theirs has sold. And in those months, they have either already sold it or traded it off and forgotten to remove it from the Glyde site. There is no e-mail asking to confirm the sale, they just shuttle the mailer off to you instantly.

A sudden interest in DS rpg's hit me again recently, though I sold my collection off long ago. Glyde is helping me restock that somewhat. It's just like every other site - it isn't always the go-to place, but I sure look and compare Glyde prices to others when I am looking for a particular used title.

I only order excellent condition or higher. And that has always been the way they have come in. I even ordered a LoZ: Phantom Hourglass Hardcover guide and it showed up yesterday excellent; even included the bookmark and insert.

I Have ordered a slew of DS rpg's since I have a sudden interest in those lately. One looks like a no-ship (the one I wanted most, naturally) , every thing else going smoothly.

I might need to take advantage of this since the shipping price is usually what scares me off from buying with Glyde. I'm thinking about selling my copy of Your Shape: FE for $23.XX and getting either WWE All-Stars or LA Noire for practically nothing out of pocket. I'll probably need to buy All Stars/LA Noire first since there's no guarantee that my Your Shape will sell right away, but my question is, after a game does sell, what kind of time frame am I looking at for actually getting the envelope, the customer receiving the package, and me getting the funds?

EDIT: Just checked Glyde's Facebook page and the coupon expires on August 31. Might want to add that to the title.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back