Go hastings PS2 games Really are ALL 4.99 now!!! Go Go Go

They do come back in stock occasionally. As far as I know though, it's not on a set schedule like gamestop is. The best thing to do is add whatever your interested in to your wishlist and check that often.

I always hated Hastings online listings.
Everything is listed as available on the front page but then you click the item and it OOS.

Frustrating.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's actually a great way to do things. Have you ever looked for rare games on Gamestop.com and seen that the closest copy to you is 350 miles away? Feel like taking a drive? As for quality, you think that at a warehouse they look through all the discs and send you the nicest looking one? lol...suuuuure.

Pretty ridiculous that at $4.99 a game, you're going to bitch about a $2 shipping charge. What games are you buying? Madden 2004? The game is either worth $7.27 to you or it's not. Who cares what percentage of that cost is considered "shipping"?[/QUOTE]

I'm not bitching about a $2 shipping charge. I"m bitching about a $50 shipping charge on $100 worth of games. Its good for single purchase, not good if you fill out your collection with random games.

The part I said that was "a really poor way to do things" is the fact that they don't know if they actually have the game you just bought until someone goes out to the store and looks for it. Not to mention the poor quality of the last batch I bought from them. It seems they don't even do basic quality control on these games they are selling.

GoHastings is great if you managed to snag something, but it's just too hit or miss for me. Piss poor web site IMO.

Looking through /v/'s recommended wiki (http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Playstation_2), there are still a couple of other good titles that are available.

Personally I'm getting Front Mission 4, Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Shadow of Rome, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (this last one is a great sleep hit). Basically all games I was curious in years back but forgot about.

Other good ones are Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero. I see they're on the bestseller page but don't know if they are still in stock.

futuramafry.jpg
I guess I should just hope that the games I wanted (that weren't at this price for the start of the sale) went to people that will actually play them. Since .hack was one, I'm sure that won't be the case. What's even more frustrating is that it still isn't even ALL used PS2 games, as Eternal Poison is still at $18.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']
What's even more frustrating is that it still isn't even ALL used PS2 games, as Eternal Poison is still at $18.[/QUOTE]

I think it only applied the 4.99 to games that were in stock. I saw lots of OOS games that were regular price but nothing that was in stock was greater than 4.99..

Kinda peeved that a few of my games were actually lower than 4.99 and got raised up.. but those are the prices I pay.

Tony Hawk 3 & 4 are both in stock, but I have a feeling that paying nearly $8 for these isn't a deal. Otherwise, everything else is out of stock.

[quote name='AwRy108']Tony Hawk 3 & 4 are both in stock, but I have a feeling that paying nearly $8 for these isn't a deal. Otherwise, everything else is out of stock.[/QUOTE]
I got Tony Hawk 3 at a pawn shop for $2.50 a few years ago. I think $7 is a bit steep.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Who cares what percentage of that cost is considered "shipping"?[/QUOTE]

This is something I just want to scream at everybody who whines in EVERY Hastings thread. Either you consider the total cost a deal or you don't. Why get so hung up on how much shipping factors into that amount?

[quote name='sneakysnake128']Looking through /v/'s recommended wiki (http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Playstation_2), there are still a couple of other good titles that are available.

Personally I'm getting Front Mission 4, Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy, Shadow of Rome, and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System (this last one is a great sleep hit). Basically all games I was curious in years back but forgot about.

Other good ones are Ace Combat 4, 5, and Zero. I see they're on the bestseller page but don't know if they are still in stock.[/QUOTE]

Psi Ops is a damn good game.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']This is something I just want to scream at everybody who whines in EVERY Hastings thread. Either you consider the total cost a deal or you don't. Why get so hung up on how much shipping factors into that amount?[/QUOTE]

Because Money doesn't grow on trees and other places can do shipping cheaper?

Why not just go to them and stop bitching?

Because then nothing would change.

Don't feel too bad if you missed something you wanted. Gohastings has a really limited supply and I wouldn't be surprised if alot of those games had only 1 or maybe 2 copies available.

Shipping is shipping. You pay 2 bucks per item so yes if you order 100 worth of games (20 games) your shipping will be around 50 bucks. How does that make any difference? Especially considering most if not all 20 games will be shipped individually from individual stores so they are not charging you for anything extra or making any profit on the shipping. If they were going to send you all 20 games in one big box and only pay 10 bucks to ship it I could understand the "outrage" but that's not how their business model works. And even if they did do that, who cares. They tell you up front what the shipping is. This is like when people buy something on ebay and then leave a negative because "they charged me 10 bucks for shipping but it only cost them 2 bucks to ship it" - guess what, it doesn't matter. They told you they were going to charge you 10 bucks, you knew this.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Shipping is shipping. You pay 2 bucks per item so yes if you order 100 worth of games (20 games) your shipping will be around 50 bucks. How does that make any difference? Especially considering most if not all 20 games will be shipped individually from individual stores so they are not charging you for anything extra or making any profit on the shipping. If they were going to send you all 20 games in one big box and only pay 10 bucks to ship it I could understand the "outrage" but that's not how their business model works. And even if they did do that, who cares. They tell you up front what the shipping is. This is like when people buy something on ebay and then leave a negative because "they charged me 10 bucks for shipping but it only cost them 2 bucks to ship it" - guess what, it doesn't matter. They told you they were going to charge you 10 bucks, you knew this.[/QUOTE]

They don't tell you up front, I had to check out to see the shipping. Hell this thread doesn't even tell you up front (in the title), unlike the other one that does.

I don't even think it matters in the end though. I doubt I'll get all 20 games I selected, probably lucky to get 5.

[quote name='thefunkyredcaboose']There wasn't anything unreasonable in that post, you are just upset that you missed out on the games. :D Good for him for being on the site when the price change happened!

I, however, missed everything. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

The issues isn't that he bought all the games to make a quick buck, its that he had the nerve to then post telling everyone who was saying there stuff was out of stock that he bought up a bunch of stuff he didn't want to play. JERK.

[quote name='Booj']I'm not bitching about a $2 shipping charge. I"m bitching about a $50 shipping charge on $100 worth of games. Its good for single purchase, not good if you fill out your collection with random games.[/QUOTE]

And it was explained to you why it's done this way. Creating 20 different mailing labels for you costs more than shipping 20 games in one box. It makes sense and it's reasonable. If each game you order isn't worth $7.27 to you, don't order it. Simple.

[quote name='Booj']The part I said that was "a really poor way to do things" is the fact that they don't know if they actually have the game you just bought until someone goes out to the store and looks for it. Not to mention the poor quality of the last batch I bought from them. It seems they don't even do basic quality control on these games they are selling.[/QUOTE]

It's not like they don't know at all. Their stock is updated daily. If someone comes into the store that has your game an hour after you placed your order and buys it, what can they do? That's called "life".

And it's really no less accurate than Gamestop's store inventory checker (which is also updated daily). The only thing Gamestop has started doing differently is allowing you to buy the game online and then go the store to pick it up. But you don't have the option of having a game shipped to you if they don't have it in their warehouse. This is still a better system for hard to find games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Booj']Because Money doesn't grow on trees and other places can do shipping cheaper?[/QUOTE]

I cannot fathom somebody being this stupid. So, if a website was selling the game for $9.99 with free shipping, you'd be happier? How is total cost not the ultimate determining factor for something being a good deal? If you can get the game cheaper than $7.27 elsewhere, then obviously GoHastings isn't the best deal. Other than looking for a needless thing to bitch about, shipping has nothing to do with it.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Snagged SSX 3, On Tour, and the Namco compilation for $22 total - not a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

SSX 3 $4.55 AWD Like New condition
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1326239390&sr=8-3&condition=used
SSX On Tour on amazon from GoHastings $1.53 with $3.99 shipping so $5.52
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1326239390&sr=8-5&condition=used

So the Namco Compilation was the only one you got a deal on. The SSX games you could have saved around $5 buying from AWD and GoHastings through amazon.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I cannot fathom somebody being this stupid. So, if a website was selling the game for $9.99 with free shipping, you'd be happier? How is total cost not the ultimate determining factor for something being a good deal? If you can get the game cheaper than $7.27 elsewhere, then obviously GoHastings isn't the best deal. Other than looking for a needless thing to bitch about, shipping has nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, still gonna bitch about shipping. No one else ships this way. And you can go fuck yourself, for all the good it does.

Amazon Marketplace ships this way. You can order 1000 things from the same amazon marketplace seller and he could drive them to your house for a dollar worth of gas and you would still be charged a per item shipping fee of 3.99 for games and books and 2.99 per CD.

The only things I was able to get were Grandia Xtreme and Soul Nomad and the World Eaters. Other games were in stock, like Skygunners and Vampire Night with Guncon 2, but I didn't have enough money to buy them. God, I wish I had a credit card.

[quote name='KtMack23']The issues isn't that he bought all the games to make a quick buck, its that he had the nerve to then post telling everyone who was saying there stuff was out of stock that he bought up a bunch of stuff he didn't want to play. JERK.[/QUOTE]

First of all STFU. You don't know me in the least. 2ndly I don't sell squat. I have a collection of over 480 games and I am 33 years old and have no need to sell games as i am perfectly financially stable. Before you start accusing people you should look in the mirror buddy I AM NOT A FLIPPER. And if you would have happened to b on the website as the prices changed you would have done the same thing. I didn't order more than 1 copy of anything. You're just pissed u were late to the party, and you my friend are the DICK!

[quote name='Booj']Because Money doesn't grow on trees and other places can do shipping cheaper?

Because then nothing would change.[/QUOTE]

And.....you didn't read my post AL ALL, lol. My point was the FINAL price being cheaper than elsewhere, yet people are still hung up over having to pay for individual shipping.

[quote name='Booj']They don't tell you up front, I had to check out to see the shipping. Hell this thread doesn't even tell you up front (in the title), unlike the other one that does.

I don't even think it matters in the end though. I doubt I'll get all 20 games I selected, probably lucky to get 5.[/QUOTE]

You've been a CAG member since 2006 and you don't know how Hastings does their shipping? C'mon now....

[quote name='KtMack23']The issues isn't that he bought all the games to make a quick buck, its that he had the nerve to then post telling everyone who was saying there stuff was out of stock that he bought up a bunch of stuff he didn't want to play. JERK.[/QUOTE]

How the hell do you know what i want to play? U are a deuchbag. You are the only one bitching. I had several games canceled because after my first order of a whopping 6 games I came on here and told people about it so others could get in on the deal. Go F Yourself B****

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I cannot fathom somebody being this stupid. So, if a website was selling the game for $9.99 with free shipping, you'd be happier? How is total cost not the ultimate determining factor for something being a good deal? If you can get the game cheaper than $7.27 elsewhere, then obviously GoHastings isn't the best deal. Other than looking for a needless thing to bitch about, shipping has nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Don't waste your breath, he's just ignorant and lazy and doesn't actually read the posts...and...evidently..."that stupid." lol.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']You've been a CAG member since 2006 and you don't know how Hastings does their shipping? C'mon now....[/QUOTE]

I've bitched about it every time they've had a sale. It's been a while since I've last bitched about it, I'm forgetful at times.

Yes, it is a minor thing. I don't know why people complain about my complaining. It's not perfect. I'm cheap. Welcome to earth.

Well I'm late to the party.
I would have jumped on the horror games to complete my collection since I love scary games but there all out of stock.
Siren
Fatal Frame 1-3
Clock Tower 3
Silent Hill (everything is out of stock except 2 though it's getting an HD remake so I don't see the point when just buying 1 game).

There's still some things in stock I'll have to think about but I'm not eager to jump on like some of the crappy racing games and also Rockstar games like Bully and Manhunt 1/2.

[quote name='grimhope']How the hell do you know what i want to play? U are a deuchbag. You are the only one bitching. I had several games canceled because after my first order of a whopping 6 games I came on here and told people about it so others could get in on the deal. Go F Yourself B****[/QUOTE]

[quote name='grimhope']First of all STFU. You don't know me in the least. 2ndly I don't sell squat. I have a collection of over 480 games and I am 33 years old and have no need to sell games as i am perfectly financially stable. Before you start accusing people you should look in the mirror buddy I AM NOT A FLIPPER. And if you would have happened to b on the website as the prices changed you would have done the same thing. I didn't order more than 1 copy of anything. You're just pissed u were late to the party, and you my friend are the DICK![/QUOTE]

What the hell is going on? I was pissed about the guy who posted saying he bought games TO SELL THEM. He bought up games to sell,and then posted saying he bought them to sell. I wasn't calling out anyone who bought games to actually play. I wasn't mad about anyone else.

EDIT: I just checked and the guy must've edited his post, but someone definetly posted on the first page about buying games to sell. He even said pm him for the eBay listings!

[quote name='KtMack23']What the hell is going on? I was pissed about the guy who posted saying he bought games TO SELL THEM. He bought up games to sell,and then posted saying he bought them to sell. I wasn't calling out anyone who bought games to actually play. I wasn't mad about anyone else.

EDIT: I just checked and the guy must've edited his post, but someone definetly posted on the first page about buying games to sell. He even said pm him for the eBay listings![/QUOTE]

If thats who u meant then i am sorry. You originally said the person who posted the deal and that is me. I assumed you were talking about me. If you weren't then I am truly sorry.

[quote name='grimhope']If thats who u meant then i am sorry. You originally said the person who posted the deal and that is me. I assumed you were talking about me. If you weren't then I am truly sorry.[/QUOTE]

OK sorry for the misunderstanding :D thank you for posting that it went live btw. Seriously wasn't upset with you.

[quote name='KtMack23']Well Everything's out of stock that I wanted. Oh well. Thanks to the dick face who bought up everything and then had the nerve to post about it. I wonder if he realised how much of a douche he looked like posting that. Congrats to the people who bought games to actually play them! I hope we see a .hack HD collection soon![/QUOTE]

I thought you were talking about me because of the post where i said i got JP OG, .hack, haunting grounds, and a few others.

Sorry about the confusion......

I did see the post you were reffering to last night tho. And ya I agree that guy was a deuch. I hate flippers with a passion so I took what you said quite personally. Once again I'm sorry

[quote name='grimhope']I thought you were talking about me because of the post where i said i got JP OG, .hack, haunting grounds, and a few others.

Sorry about the confusion......

I did see the post you were reffering to last night tho. And ya I agree that guy was a deuch. I hate flippers with a passion so I took what you said quite personally. Once again I'm sorry[/QUOTE]

Its all good :D

Damn, wish I hadn't missed that Beatmania (bundle). If that comes through as the bundle, that's a steal!

Always want to play it...I really like the music genre games.

Damn all of them are out of stock...wonder if the store will honor it? Some of these games are in my local shop but come up OOS on the site..

[quote name='Rig']Damn, wish I hadn't missed that Beatmania (bundle). If that comes through as the bundle, that's a steal!

Always want to play it...I really like the music genre games.[/QUOTE]
You wouldn't be saying that if ya got in on the clearance sale Best Buy did like 5 or so years ago where they sold the Beatmania bundles for $1.99 each.:shock: Then I think about 4 months after that TRU had them for $5-7 each or so.

As for the complaints about the seperate shipping charges, I gotta ask the same question I ask in EVERY GH thread to those complaining.

If you owned a small chain of stores and sold stuff online from each store and the stores were nowhere near each other, would you consolidate the shipping charges and just charge one flat rate even if you were shipping multiple items from individual stores to the same customer?

If not, then pot meet kettle, since you expect GH to lose money by waiving the shipping charges for the remaining items in your order even if they ship from seperate stores.

Bully was only ever re-released on the 360 that I know of. I kinda wish they would update that and the two Manhunt games for the PS3(and 360), since I never did play the second Manhunt or Bully.

bread's done
Back