God of War III Ultimate Edition $24.99 @ GS Stores

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!
Feedback
81 (100%)
If you can find one, the GOW3 Ultimate Edition is now sold as a used copy of GOW3 ($24.99)in all Gamestop stores.
Some stores still have them sealed but the UE SKU does not show up in their system anymore, so you can either call or check in person.

[quote name='TheBigHouse']They must be tired of getting calls. I know of at least 4 stores in the Metro Detroit area that at least had them earlier this week, including the Novi store where mine came from.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the last one in Novi on tuesday. It looked like summit or great lake crossings had them earlier this week.

[quote name='combatrhombus']I picked up the last one in Novi on tuesday. It looked like summit or great lake crossings had them earlier this week.[/QUOTE]

Both of those were cleared out by the time I could check.

Guys these are still out there. I walked into the Houston Galleria today (one of the busiest malls in Houston), and Gamestop had 2 copies sitting right on the shelf in plain view. They didn't even know that it was discounted until I bought one. I guess that memo to toss these out has not made it down here yet...

My local store did the transfer after all. Just got the call for pickup so I went and picked up my GoW UE and it rang up fine as it was marked with the $26.99 sticker and I was on my way. I was stoked I saved the 50 mile drive by going 2 miles to my local GS. Hooked up the employees with a survey for taking the transfer.

[quote name='Donut2922']My local store did the transfer after all. Just got the call for pickup so I went and picked up my GoW UE and it rang up fine as it was marked with the $26.99 sticker and I was on my way. I was stoked I saved the 50 mile drive by going 2 miles to my local GS. Hooked up the employees with a survey for taking the transfer.[/QUOTE]

Wow... my store's full of a bunch of assholes. I've requested quite a few transfers and not once did they ever follow through.

Checked 2 stores + called 2 stores today that says "instock" on the website. They said they haven't had them for months and its been discontinued/sold out for a long time. One gamestop employee said "No gamestops carry it anymore".

No luck for me. :cry:

P.S. they need to update their availability site. I checked yesterday and it said in stock and the same today.

[quote name='cheapsk8ron']Checked 2 stores + called 2 stores today that says "instock" on the website. They said they haven't had them for months and its been discontinued/sold out for a long time. One gamestop employee said "No gamestops carry it anymore".

P.S. they need to update their availability site. I checked yesterday and it said in stock and the same today.[/QUOTE]

For all that this happened to, check the regular used versions on the shelf. Check the ones with "NOT FOR SALE" on the bar code and see if the slip with the Ultimate edition codes are still there. Mine were :)

[quote name='thetruth1983']Guys these are still out there. I walked into the Houston Galleria today (one of the busiest malls in Houston), and Gamestop had 2 copies sitting right on the shelf in plain view. They didn't even know that it was discounted until I bought one. I guess that memo to toss these out has not made it down here yet...[/QUOTE]

Nice.hope to find one in big d

Gamestop here were throwing them away as well, the LE materials that is, luckily my friend was working and he took the game out and gave me all the LE stuff and the box, since I already own the game.

I've been lurking for a while , finally posting.
I found two at my local gamestop. Employees didn't know about the discount.

Two with an edge discount came to $48 and change.

Love this site

Edit
Reach legendary was $60, to much for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless they were recently released, my Gamestops have absolutely no collector's editions. I'm seriously tempted to dumster dive because I think they just throw them out after awhile and put the game in a generic case.

[quote name='OnettHero']I've been lurking for a while , finally posting.
I found two at my local gamestop. Employees didn't know about the discount.

Two with an edge discount came to $48 and change.

Love this site

Edit
Reach legendary was $60, to much for me.[/QUOTE]

Glad you're posting welcome aboard. I hate lurkers. They never contribute.

[quote name='dchrisd']Unless they were recently released, my Gamestops have absolutely no collector's editions. I'm seriously tempted to dumster dive because I think they just throw them out after awhile and put the game in a generic case.[/QUOTE]

As big of a fan I am of GoW, believe me, it's not worth dumpster diving for the UE extras.

Thank you.
This site has already hooked me up on so many great deals I really look forward to contributing what I can.

And donut is right the pack in stuff isn't mindblowing , but still cool. The pandoras box is a little chintzy. Neat for displaying though.

FYI the ones I found were in central New Hampshire. The next closest one to me is a good hour away.

Nice I was thinking about checking out a couple in NH but couldn't justify it with gas prices. The two store in Maine that the website says have them I called and they said no go.

[quote name='cheapsk8ron']Checked 2 stores + called 2 stores today that says "instock" on the website. They said they haven't had them for months and its been discontinued/sold out for a long time. One gamestop employee said "No gamestops carry it anymore".

P.S. they need to update their availability site. I checked yesterday and it said in stock and the same today.[/QUOTE]

It seems to me that once an item's SKU is removed from the system, some stores don't bother clearing it out from the inventory system. Which makes sense in a disappointing sort of way since regular people (who don't keep track of SKUs) aren't supposed to be able to reach the inventory pages for those items.

I don't trust the inventory system in general; I've been burned a couple of times on regular games I've been looking for. If the store is out of the way, just call ahead first so you don't end up wasting gas (especially now!). And especially don't trust the inventory system for stuff that isn't supposed to be for sale (i.e., these type of CEs that have been transferred to "used", pennied guides, etc.)

I checked the inventory last night and it said that several stores around me had it in stock, but when I was running errands today, the two near me said that they haven't had it in quite a while.

Not a big deal, but I figured that I was going to finish the trilogy and $25 seemed like a great price. Now I have to finish the 7 games I have on backlog...

Wife was able to get final copy at Allen, TX store. Said clerk was surprised at the price and started scanning all the barcodes just to be sure.

The box was a little ding, but can't complain. Thanks OP.

How are people able to search for the availability online? I don't even see the Limited edition version of GOW3 online.

[xxQUOTE=consoleman;8237795]How are people able to search for the availability online? I don't even see the Limited edition version of GOW3 online.[/QUOTE]

read the op

Same story as everyone else. Tried to buy it, clerk didn't want to sell so they could pick it up after their shift.

Sigh.

My buddy manage to get a copy only to find out that the Game was opened (inside the box) even though the sealed on the outer Ultimate Edition was Untouched.

Then as one would expect...the DLC voucher was missing...oh GS, so sly

I think I missed the last one in Portland, OR area. Website showed 2 stores having it in stock in the weekend but when I got there they said they sold them. Luckily I didn't drive all the way to Portland just for this or else I'm screwed out of $30+ in gas.

I think the Website is frozen in time from when the drop occurred. The only nearby store to have it says they sold it that first day, but the Website still shows it available.

Well, I got a phone call from the DM for my area and I went over what had happened again. He stated he also received the emails CS had forwarded him.

He recognized the individual I had dealt with and stated he would deal with them.

The DM apologized and said he will locate the bundle for me and have it shipped to another store in my area as well as knocking off an additional $5. He stated if it rang up for the price, which it did, it should have been sold to me.

Dunno, I anticipate showing up and the stand alone game will be waiting on me.

Well see...

For the curious...see the original issue.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Well, I got a phone call from the DM for my area and I went over what had happened again. He stated he also received the emails CS had forwarded him.

He recognized the individual I had dealt with and stated he would deal with them.

The DM apologized and said he will locate the bundle for me and have it shipped to another store in my area as well as knocking off an additional $5. He stated if it rang up for the price, which it did, it should have been sold to me.

Dunno, I anticipate showing up and the stand alone game will be waiting on me.

Well see...

For the curious...see the original issue.[/QUOTE]

Did you show him your original post? :D

Glad there's going to be some follow up though in all seriousness. That wasn't cool.

[quote name='Donut2922']Did you show him your original post? :D

Glad there's going to be some follow up though in all seriousness. That wasn't cool.[/QUOTE]

Well, the DM followed up again and reiterated that the particular employee had been dealt with. He stated that he had sent an email out to all of his stores (17) with none being found (shocker). But, for the way I was treated, he extended a $10 gift card for me to pick up at my leisure at another store.

Maybe I'll go out and get that You Don't Know Jack game if it's still on sale.

[quote name='kraftwerks']So the moral of the story is fuck GAMESTOP (until they give me $10)?[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'm in no hurry to pick up a gift card...and never asked for it.

Yes, it's still fuck GameStop.

Thanks for trying though...must have hit a nerve...let me try assuming...you're an employee?

Good job following through on that. I feel a little better knowing that at least one of these employees (who were being total douches when people asked for the clearance games) got what was coming to them. Personally, i think most of them held them back and kept them for themselves and/or friends.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Trust me, I'm in no hurry to pick up a gift card...and never asked for it.

Yes, it's still fuck GameStop.

Thanks for trying though...must have hit a nerve...let me try assuming...you're an employee?[/QUOTE]

Well, I work @ GS in North Carolina and that sucks you went thru that. People are how they are. No matter where they work. Not all GS stores are horrible. However, I do think those GoW3 UEs converted to used now. I know my store doesn't have any at all.

Edit- I just read Muthafodder OP and what the employee said is partially true. When Collector's/Limited Editions convert to used, we ARE suppose to destroy/trash the extra contents and sell just the game and guides that penny out are also to be destroyed/trashed. Some stores do what they are suppose to and some stores don't. I hope this issue for Muthafodder gets worked out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='myke-myke']Well, I work @ GS in North Carolina and that sucks you went thru that. People are how they are. No matter where they work. Not all GS are horrible. However, I do think those GoW3 UEs converted to used now. I know my store doesn't have any at all.[/QUOTE]

Nah they're not all bad. The store i normally shop at has good knowledgeable people in it. I think most people had a hard time when they went to stores they don't normally shop at and had to deal with people they don't normally deal with.

Sorry, you made an ass of u and me.
I just find it funny when people are full of righteous indignation until a few dollars are thrown at them.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Sorry, you made an ass of u and me.
I just find it funny when people are full of righteous indignation until a few dollars are thrown at them.[/QUOTE]

Ummm...OK...you're still trying...and still failing.

[quote name='buckythekat']only one store near me was showing as having it in stock according to the website but I called and was told they were sold out, oh well[/QUOTE]
Were they referring to their old or new stock? I don't see how they could be sold out with the street date given.

edit: Holy shit. Wrong thread.

bread's done
Back