God of War III Ultimate Edition @ Gamestop.com $79.99 + tax

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
Not sure if this has been posted, but when I add God of War III Ultimate Edition to my cart, $20 is immediately taken off. You can also use the daily coupon 20ps3, but it should be $20 off either way.

Link:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=270231

Not sure how hot this is, but this the cheapest I've seen it. Gamestop has free shipping, but it does have tax. Tax is $7 for me so its about $87 total. This is great if there are people still looking for this package.

[quote name='vherub']I feel like when collector's editions are exclusive to 1 console, they are more likely to go oop sooner, hold/increase value better.
Not that there is an unbreakable law, or anything.
Could be collectors/speculators have 1 edition to focus resources on.
And ps3 games seem to hold value longer than their 360 counterparts.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't help that SCEA doesn't make that many collectors editions. See Uncharted 2 for that example. Good ole Resistance 2 isn't at every corner Wal-mart.

Yet SCEE has interesting ones like the God of War ultimate edition and the Heavy Rain collectors edition box.

My order was canceled when I checked online, didnt get the email about it yet.
and this was before it said backordered

I paid $70 for mine on Amazon with cash, this would be credit so it's less money to me but backordered probably won't be shipped and I'd have to pay a few bucks to restock it. I'm out.

[quote name='Puffa469']Peter Weller has a doctorate in Renaissance Art History and is an professor of the same at Syracuse University. He's also well versed in anchient Greek and Roman history/mythology.

He hosts an awesome show on the History channel called 'Engineering an Empire'.

In addition to all that, he's fucking ROBOCOP and BUCKAROO BANZAI!!! =)[/QUOTE]

Really? Huh, didnt know that. Im going to have to check out that show on history channel, seems I always miss the really interesting shows and flip by when some crap is on.

And I forgot about buckaroo banzai, Im going to have to get my dvd out and watch it now. I actually before I made the comment about him before I was thinking in the back of my head I hadnt watched that or cherry 2000 and spacehunter adventures in the forbidden zone in forever. Guess Ill be digging them all out and watching them today, all I need to do is throw in a sho kosugi movie like pray for death and I have a perfect night.

[quote name='Izod517']PS3 games hold value longer due to smaller initial print runs, lack of markdown allowance from publishers, and some of Sony's internal rules (especially in regards to exclusive titles). It's one of the three reasons I don't buy anything for my PS3 unless it's an exclusive or notably better (FF13).[/QUOTE]

That folks isnt so much an assumption as it hard speculation.

I know I know, it sounds good though in your head doesnt it?

Id like to see all these facts sony released saying that. Because Ive seen countless times price drops on games for both systems exactly the same game for ps3 and other systems, Ive seen ps3 price drops before 360, Ive seen ps3 games priced lower and higher than say the 360.

I dont know where your lower print runs came from, you make it sound like very few ps3 games get made and are somehow rare. There arent many titles that I cant find in a dozen stores around me at any given time let alone online like amazon or other major online retailer.

Me smells not a full on ps3 hater, but maybe a slight one thats skewing a systems outlook just for the sake of doing so.

Me, I dont personally care if I get a game on my ps3 or my 360. My only factor for otherwise is my ps3 has 100% free online play (and doesnt charge for free content to download like MS does and for instance the free L4D campain content they charged for that pc users got free, or the free mass effect 1 campaign pc users got free and xbl charged for), I like my ps3 controller better and the system runs dead quiet and more dependably.

Yes it is a possibility. Call and ask if they have it and ask if they can check other stores stock as well. Then ask for the phone numbers of the ones who have it then call and make sure. I just bought the last couple available in the city near me. Out of 12 gamestops, the store I went to was the last that had them for sale. In their system it showed that 4-5 stores had it instock but only 1 was selling them, so the stock tracker was wrong.

[quote name='gargus']
I dont know where your lower print runs came from, you make it sound like very few ps3 games get made and are somehow rare. There arent many titles that I cant find in a dozen stores around me at any given time let alone online like amazon or other major online retailer.[/QUOTE]

That isn't how he meant it, I'm sure. It is a matter of common sense. Take a look at sales numbers for any multiplatform game. Sales are consistently higher on 360 merely because it has a larger userbase in America. It stands to reason that, because of that, there are more 360 copies of games available then there are PS3 copies.
It isn't that PS3 copies of games are harder to find, just that there are less total. It isn't a bad thing or a weird thing, it is just how things are right now.

I'd say that out of all the collector's editions I have seen and purchased, this is up there with BioShock 2 as one of the best for the price.

You get the entire trilogy soundtrack, a rather good EP featuring some decent-to-great bands (was pleasantly surprised by a band called Taking Dawn...they just released their debut album a few months ago, which I picked up after hearing them on the EP...damn good, IMO), an artbook, a well-made documentary hosted by PETER FREAKING WELLER, and a nifty collectible box that is actually well-designed. Then there's the DLC, too...but that's minor in comparison to everything else

Of course, I'm a bit disappointed that the albums are digital copies only, and not actual discs...but the $100 price tag is well-justified, and $80 is a steal.

[quote name='GreyFox787']I'd say that out of all the collector's editions I have seen and purchased, this is up there with BioShock 2 as one of the best for the price.

You get the entire trilogy soundtrack, a rather good EP featuring some decent-to-great bands (was pleasantly surprised by a band called Taking Dawn...they just released their debut album a few months ago, which I picked up after hearing them on the EP...damn good, IMO), an artbook, a well-made documentary hosted by PETER FREAKING WELLER, and a nifty collectible box that is actually well-designed. Then there's the DLC, too...but that's minor in comparison to everything else

Of course, I'm a bit disappointed that the albums are digital copies only, and not actual discs...but the $100 price tag is well-justified, and $80 is a steal.[/QUOTE]

Once you've downloaded the soundtrack, is there any way to copy the music from the PS3 to an mp3 player or over to your computer to burn onto a cd?

Picked one up at my local Gamestop in Dothan, AL. I went in and asked on a whim and they had two in stock. I was just happy they had one and when it rang up for $79.99 I was even happier. The guy working even gave me a card for the skin that was given out with the demo code for pre-ordering.

[quote name='etcrane']Sweet, $79.99 in the store indeed, picked one up and canceled my backordered one on the website![/QUOTE]

same here, thanks guys!!

Great to hear people found them. Much better deal at 80 bucks and a really good LE even though I was originally down on all the extras being DLC.

The art book is really quite good and the documentary is fantastic. The plastic box is a fun novelty but as usual doesn't live up to anyone's expectations.

[quote name='bigsick']I was 50/50 on selling this on ebay but with this gamestop drop, i'm not sure if i'll consider selling it at all.[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped as well. I doubt I'll try to sell it. Just happy I saved the $20. Makes me feel better then paying $60 for the game itself.

Good deal!

I still got mine for less with a credit that Amazon gave me for the OOS Okami book, even though they still shipped it to me. (^.^)

I seriously doubt this would be in a limited run considering this is one of their biggest AAA titles.

I will say I was surprised how hard it was to find the CE version of SF4 (for the PS3). I'd figure those things would be in abundance, but apparently not.

Yeah, great stuff. I took back my regular unopened copy to a GS that I don't usually go to. The thing was still completely sealed, brand new, and shrink rapped; the clerk pulls out a razor, cuts open the plastic and opens the game box. "I said what are you doing? The game was brand new!!!"

He goes "I know, I saw the receipt, but its store policy, I know people who actually have shrink rap machines in their house, so any new games that get returned we have to do that to..."

That sucks, the store's not in the best part of town, but that still sucks!

Either way, I'm just grateful that I was able to pick it up, ironically enough, my Amazon package came in today as well and was waiting for me when I got back. What to do? What to do? How difficult is it to return things to Amazon?

[quote name='prateeko']I've seen more and more places doing that now. It's really sad cuz it ruins games when people change their minds...[/QUOTE]

Doing what?

[quote name='Jiggadabaptist']Doing what?[/QUOTE]

PLaces will gut/open a new game being returned because people have machines/ways to re-seal things so they'll put something else in, reseal, and bring it back. I do a decent amount of returns because I'm a CAG and always finding lower prices elsewhere and I've seen them open up a brand new item to make sure I didn't put something else in it's place.

It's sad, but some people do that kind of stuff. If I recall correctly, some dude bought an xbox at wal-mart but the person who had returned it had gutted the 360 and filled it with rocks!

I just got an email from Gamestop saying that they do not have anymore, and have given me $20 off my next purchase. A free $20 is cool, but I was really hoping to get the UE, especially since I hit the site for it right away.

Dear Valued Customer,

The God of War III Unlimited Edition was discontinued by the manufacturer and is no longer available. Please accept our sincere apology and a coupon for $20 off your next GameStop.com order for the inconvenience. As a reminder, your credit card has not been charged for any canceled items.

To take advantage of the $20 off coupon, simply enter the following code during checkout:

Please note that this single use code will not apply to gift cards or video game consoles.

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you again!

Best Regards,
GameStop.com Customer Service

I made two orders (didn't want to cancel the first and make another with 2 copies). I wonder if they'll feel generous and send me two $20 coupons?

[quote name='AdamBlue']For some reason the $20 difference is holding me back...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but some people have to pay sales tax to gamestop and not to amazon. The $79.99 + tax turns to just over $87 for me, so it's just under a $13 difference for me, rather than $20.

Yeah, the time to sell an Ultimate Edition on ebay was last week. I ordered 2 from walmart.com for $80 each ($90 original, had 2 $10 gift cards), got them in on that Friday, saw how much they were going for ebay (~$150), and totally sold them for $150 each. I am definitely happy with the nice profit I made on those puppies, I definitely can't see them going for that price again, especially with Amazon having more in stock again. I'll be getting my GoW3 from glyde.com next week for the nice price of $43:D

[quote name='rpnguyen']Yeah, but some people have to pay sales tax to gamestop and not to amazon. The $79.99 + tax turns to just over $87 for me, so it's just under a $13 difference for me, rather than $20.[/QUOTE]

Very good point!

I'm not buying at Amazon, so GS takes my money + power trade-in. I still have few games to trade towards Ultimate Edition. Already bought 1 with over $53 worth of credits plus remaining balance.

Saw it at my local GS today, might still be worth it to look around they had it at 3/4 GS i went to over the past few days too bad I don't have a PS3

Oh f*cking SNAP, I was actually going to cancel this order but I got an email today saying they couldnt fulfill the order and gave me a $20 code.

Called a bunch of my local Gamestops and all of them are telling me that it's for reservations only or they don't have them. wtf?

[quote name='Ravaged']Called a bunch of my local Gamestops and all of them are telling me that it's for reservations only or they don't have them. wtf?[/QUOTE]

Same here, blows.

[quote name='MrRosales']Same problem as Ravaged and bcb. The guy did tell me Best Buy had them for 79.99..but I only have GS credit atm =/[/QUOTE]

Is this at every best buy store?

[quote name='Ravaged']Called a bunch of my local Gamestops and all of them are telling me that it's for reservations only or they don't have them. wtf?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I called my local GS, and they called the 2 people that did not pick up the pre-order. They said call back in 2 hours, and if they did not pick up by NOON, that I could buy one.

SNAP! I got it!

They even gave me a extra GOW pre-order skin code!! HOW COOL!! It helps to just be nice, and ask sometimes. The guy was like these were only for pre-orders, but since you asked nice, here you go!!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']My closest GS has the last copy but I already have 2 right now. :D[/QUOTE]
would you like a cookie?

[quote name='MrRosales']Same problem as Ravaged and bcb. The guy did tell me Best Buy had them for 79.99..but I only have GS credit atm =/[/QUOTE]

Wait, BB has it for 80 too? So those of us bought it for 100 can get 20 back?

[quote name='Serpentor']Wait, BB has it for 80 too? So those of us bought it for 100 can get 20 back?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you have 30 days (45 days for Premier Silver Member) for exchange/return/refund from the date purchase.

bread's done
Back