God of War III Ultimate Edition @ Gamestop.com $79.99 + tax

backseatdog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
397 (100%)
Not sure if this has been posted, but when I add God of War III Ultimate Edition to my cart, $20 is immediately taken off. You can also use the daily coupon 20ps3, but it should be $20 off either way.

Link:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=270231

Not sure how hot this is, but this the cheapest I've seen it. Gamestop has free shipping, but it does have tax. Tax is $7 for me so its about $87 total. This is great if there are people still looking for this package.

So I bought god of war 3 UE at best buy for $100 and they don't have any left and I don't see it on their website so is there anyway I can get the $20 back or how can I show them it's $80 now if anyone knows send me a message or put it on here please

[quote name='dvltgrs18']So I bought god of war 3 UE at best buy for $100 and they don't have any left and I don't see it on their website so is there anyway I can get the $20 back or how can I show them it's $80 now if anyone knows send me a message or put it on here please[/QUOTE]

Same here.... How do you show BB the price has dropped by 20 bucks? Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sorry I didn't get much info about Best Buy's price. Also I dont think you would get $20 back since they're just dropping the price because they're just pre-order leftovers and not a real price drop. I'm no good at explaining things but if you think about it might make sense..

But then again it wouldn't hurt to try and get $20 bucks back..

[quote name='gleditts']Would another option be to return and rebuy if you haven't opened it yet?[/QUOTE]

They let me do this at GS yesterday. For an extra $20+tax, I thought I might as well.

[quote name='gleditts']Would another option be to return and rebuy if you haven't opened it yet?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna try this. It's a pain to bring the box back and forth, but man, $20 bucks we're talking about here! Well, the extra 500 bonus point might be in limbo if i do the return/buy... But if all goes well, i'm still $10 ahead. I'll post follow up if the thread is still around.

[quote name='dvltgrs18']will they do it if its opened? can u just return and re-buy the same one?????[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can do that. However, the problem being, i'm not sure there's a mark down in the BB's system, needs actual confirmation... I don't have the receipt with me today, otherwise i can try to confirm it. I will do it tomorrow.

[quote name='AdamBlue']So, Amazon emailed me back and said they won't price match.[/QUOTE]

They stopped doing that a long time ago... This is one of the reason why B&M stores are better than Amazon. If the price drops within a week or so, you can easily adjust (not so for Amazon, not anymore).

For BB, all you need is the receipt, at least that's what the chick told. I didn't have my receipt on me otherwise i would have posted my result already.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I wrote an email to Amazon regarding the Manufacturer price-drop. ;)[/QUOTE]

You might have a better shot getting the $20 back :) Let us know what happens!

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Remember Amazon doesn't state 'Manufacturer' price guarantee on their policy. So you have to argue to win this.[/QUOTE]

You just inspired me to shoot Amazon an e-mail... Well, post your response whether or not they give you back the $20.

I have to wait few hours for them to get back to me.... If it takes a day or more, i know i won't get jack back. Hey, worth a try right?

Just tried it again at a different BB took my receipt and unopened GOW III, they checked the sku and it rang up at 99.99. They also checked the last sales of the sku and all sold at 99.99. So I think the 79.99 was at the BB's that had some leftover from pre-order???

My Amazon e-mail got shot down. I don't think BB drop the price. The $79.99 price is only at GS. What I could do is buy it from GS (they still have them) and then return it using the BB's receipt. However, i'm not saving anything that way. The BB copy i bought has a 10% applied and then there's a $10 Reward pending. So, looks like i'm back to square one, do nothing.

[quote name='Serpentor']My Amazon e-mail got shot down. I don't think BB drop the price. The $79.99 price is only at GS. What I could do is buy it from GS (they still have them) and then return it using the BB's receipt. However, i'm not saving anything that way. The BB copy i bought has a 10% applied and then there's a $10 Reward pending. So, looks like i'm back to square one, do nothing.[/QUOTE]

or buy one for me and ship it to me for 90$:lol:

I tell you...these LE's are a crap shoot. I personally like buying them, but some become hard to find and others will still be around very cheap. Something tells me GoW3 UE won't be around too much longer, the Batman: AA is everywhere, but I cannot find the AvP LE anywhere.

So, it's hard to gauge on if you should wait for a price-drop or not.

The GS I was at happened to have one left which I bought. I went to BB and they said the price hadn't dropped in their system but they price matched the receipt and gave me $20 credit.

[quote name='bjstucker']or buy one for me and ship it to me for 90$:lol:[/QUOTE]
Love to help you, but i have to pay tax you know, it's not like exactly $80 + $10 shipping. The damn thing cost more than $10 to ship anyway.

[quote name='Gideon68']The GS I was at happened to have one left which I bought. I went to BB and they said the price hadn't dropped in their system but they price matched the receipt and gave me $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

I did exactly the same, but no dice at the BB store. They told me that Gamestop is not one of their competitors, PM denied! I didn't bother to argue... I'll try to PM in a different BB, if all fails, i'll return the UE i bought from GS back to BB, to hell with the pending reward points, i rather have the $10 up front. Besides, the GS gave me a poster and Phantom of Chaos skin too.

Okay, one thing is confirmed, BB do not have the UE as $79.99 in their system. I wonder who gave out that information in the first place... I'm not pointing fingers, but the made up or assumed info got everybody excited for nothing.

[quote name='Serpentor']I did exactly the same, but no dice at the BB store. They told me that Gamestop is not one of their competitors, PM denied! I didn't bother to argue... I'll try to PM in a different BB, if all fails, i'll return the UE i bought from GS back to BB, to hell with the pending reward points, i rather have the $10 up front. Besides, the GS gave me a poster and Phantom of Chaos skin too.

Okay, one thing is confirmed, BB do not have the UE as $79.99 in their system. I wonder who gave out that information in the first place... I'm not pointing fingers, but the made up or assumed info got everybody excited for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been debating going to grab it at the Best Buy near me (2 left at the grapevine store) and return Amazon's.

Also, it's weird that they say GS is not a competitor, but Toys r us is? It ends up just depending on the type of person you ask.

[quote name='dizmilli']The BB price matched the 6 GOW 3 UE that I bought.[/QUOTE]

woah! how did you get pricematched???!!!! I bought 9! Help me please!

[quote name='hanabie']woah! how did you get pricematched???!!!! I bought 9! Help me please![/QUOTE]

Nine! You guys are crazy!

Now, is this to then resell? I'm guessing there's a certain methodology to it, but I'm not in that business.

[quote name='hanabie']woah! how did you get pricematched???!!!! I bought 9! Help me please![/QUOTE]

i would build a god of war iii pyramid, but that's just me.

[quote name='AdamBlue']Nine! You guys are crazy!

Now, is this to then resell? I'm guessing there's a certain methodology to it, but I'm not in that business.[/QUOTE]

The market for it has tanked ... I bought two with hopes to resell one but decided to wait it out to see if the price rose from the $150 it was selling for on Amazon (of course after shipping, which for this costs you a good $15 to $20, plus Amazon/eBays cut, your profits are knocked down significantly).

Waiting was a mistake, as the price has decreased and Amazon is scheduled to get more in on April 1st. Luckily I was able to sell one on Craigslist and do a swap/adjust for my Gamestop one. But yeah, while these may become rare in the future, they are totally flooding the market right now and people who bought a ton will lose money.

It doesn't help that Sony just released the "exclusive making-of documentary" on PSN for $6.99 ... just something to consider for those of you who are still in the market for one of these.

Six copies? NINE copies? fucking Christ....no wonder I can't find ONE copy that - you know - I'd actually like to own and play!

On another note - I seriously doubt that you'll be able to get a manager from Best Buy to do a price match for you on nine copies of the same game. The guy that was able to do six - either they had an extremely flexible manager and got lucky, or did it at a number of different stores. If you take 9 copies of the game up to the service desk to get a $180+ refund, that will almost guarantee that a manager would have to sign off on it, and the minute they saw so many copies and the refund amount....I doubt they'd give it to you. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

I'd wish you luck - but honestly I'm hoping you end up returning at least SOME of them so other CAGs like myself can get one without getting gouged by a reseller :lol:

[quote name='AdamBlue']I tell you...these LE's are a crap shoot. I personally like buying them, but some become hard to find and others will still be around very cheap. Something tells me GoW3 UE won't be around too much longer, the Batman: AA is everywhere, but I cannot find the AvP LE anywhere.

So, it's hard to gauge on if you should wait for a price-drop or not.[/QUOTE]

It seems the bigger the package, the more likely you'll find it later on with a price drop.

See:

Halo 3 Legendary Edition
Bioshock 2 CE
GoW 3 UE
COD: MW2 Prestige Edition

All big boxes, all not very hard to find.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It seems the bigger the package, the more likely you'll find it later on with a price drop.

See:

Halo 3 Legendary Edition
Bioshock 2 CE
GoW 3 UE
COD: MW2 Prestige Edition

All big boxes, all not very hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I rather think that that has a lot to do with the guaranteed popularity of those franchises - all of them. Think about it: they're all sequels (sometimes the second sequel) of established multi-million sellers.

Demon's Souls Deluxe disappeared pretty quick. A niche title in comparison to all of those, even if it did do better than expected.

That said, the big box does matter too: in retail, something that consumes a ton of space and can't sell quickly is the kiss of death.

Also, some of those were just not great value - I heard the batarang was really lame.

[quote name='TheStrudel']I rather think that that has a lot to do with the guaranteed popularity of those franchises - all of them. Think about it: they're all sequels (sometimes the second sequel) of established multi-million sellers.

Demon's Souls Deluxe disappeared pretty quick. A niche title in comparison to all of those, even if it did do better than expected.

That said, the big box does matter too: in retail, something that consumes a ton of space and can't sell quickly is the kiss of death.

Also, some of those were just not great value - I heard the batarang was really lame.[/QUOTE]

That is true.

So basically the rule of thumb should be: if it's a big title, and in a big box, don't worry about rushing out to buy it day 1.

Although Mass Effect 2 CE is a tad more difficult to find nowadays too...

I think the rule of thumb is buy what you want... The demand for the UE is still out there, just that don't expect a lot of profit. I'm going to get another UE from GS if they still have it (already sold the one i got from the other day).

[quote name='Serpentor']I think the rule of thumb is buy what you want... The demand for the UE is still out there, just that don't expect a lot of profit. I'm going to get another UE from GS if they still have it (already sold the one i got from the other day).[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to dictate to others what to buy and what not to buy.

But, if you're on the fence about a "limited" edition of a game, I think the big game + big box = wait rule can apply

I just bought the last one from the GS near where i work, the guy gave me a poster and Phantom of Chaos skin as well.

I'm not into limited edition or collector edition much. I only buy what i like and what's available at cheaper price. For $79.99, GoWIII UE is a good price IMO, i paid $77 from Amazon and that's after three adjustments (goldbox, temp price drop and dead ECA). Of course, it came with the Apollo skin as well. I like the Pandora box very much, it's definitely a good item to keep the trilogy sealed :) (not sealed as in "sealed, brand new", sealed as in the lid is closed).

The other LE i think it's a good buy is BioShock2 when it can be purchased for $54.50 plus tax. It's a beautiful package!

[quote name='A Happy Panda']That is true.

So basically the rule of thumb should be: if it's a big title, and in a big box, don't worry about rushing out to buy it day 1.

Although Mass Effect 2 CE is a tad more difficult to find nowadays too...[/QUOTE]

You can argue that ME2 isn't in a big box. It's more of a traditionally sized CE box.

[quote name='DarkRider23']You can argue that ME2 isn't in a big box. It's more of a traditionally sized CE box.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't clearly state that, but that's what I meant.

ME2's CE seems to be the only recent example of a big game + normal size box that seems to be more rare.

bread's done
Back